Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-04-2007, 10:58 PM   #1
come_on_now

come_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the rough
Default Look at yourselves in the mirror, take a deep breath

I can't believe this. Because the Mavs lost in the first round all of a sudden Dirk's body of work means nothing? Asking if the "Big 3" would have won it by now? Oh my Christ listen to yourselves. Quit with the media crap already and use your brains. Quit following what writers say because they are just stupid. Sports writers haven't had any credibility for about 20 years now so enough, ya know?

Pull yourself together. Shit happens and you have to deal with it. You don't know what's gonna happen at all. All this "biggest chokers in history" crap is retarded and you should be ashamed of yourselves. It's a different league now. Sports is so different now. Crazy stuff is happening everywhere you turn now in sports. This is far from surprising. Writers, though, like to combine yesterday's era with today's as if it applies in any way shape or form, which it doesn't.

There are a lot of reasons the Mavs lost in the first round. It takes a team to win a series and it takes a team to lose it too. This team will win 60 games again next year and be right back probably better equipped. Stop worrying and just remember that if something stupidly crazy like Golden State upstarting out of the trash can and taking out Dallas can happen then ANYTHING can happen. It's just not our year. Boo hoo get over it. Worse things are happening.

I'm going to leave you with this wisdom because basketball season is officially over and mini camps are starting soon for the Cowboys . I enjoyed meeting you all and will be back as soon as things start heating up again around the All Star break (maybe even the playoffs after I've learned how irrelevant the regular season really is).

DON'T HANG YOUR HEAD. What happened this year is just a part of the Mavs' story. I'm certainly not going anywhere. I'll be back next year with a vengance! It takes some manning up to do this, but embrace the story because it will make that ring all the more sweeter when we win it. You know that's true.

Maybe a lot of you should consider that perhaps it was you that thought a tript to the WCF or Finals was in the bag already, not the Mavs. One team is gonna win this thing and it will take everything plus the luck of the Irish to win it for whoever does. It's very competative, man.

Last edited by come_on_now; 05-04-2007 at 11:01 PM.
come_on_now is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2007, 11:26 PM   #2
SeattleMavsFan

SeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the rough

good post and well said. I hate to see you away from the boards though as I've enjoyed your posts. good luck and we'll see ya in a while. i think i'll stick around here as I hate football with a passion so I could care less about that. I just have the rangers to sorta watch but they are struggling again this year too. oh well.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:40 PM   #3
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by come_on_now
DON'T HANG YOUR HEAD. What happened this year is just a part of the Mavs' story. I'm certainly not going anywhere. I'll be back next year with a vengance! It takes some manning up to do this, but embrace the story because it will make that ring all the more sweeter when we win it. You know that's true.

I'm in. No one will expect shit of us next year. It will be good for us.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:07 AM   #4
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Yeah, I'm very tired of people saying that Dirk is a flawed superstar who can never lead us to the title and never steps up when we need him to. Yes, he had one bad series, big deal. I'll always be a HUGE fan of Dirk's and will always consider him a top 5 player in the NBA. He'll be back, making many people who doubted him look very silly.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 03:53 AM   #5
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Simply a fantastic post. Keep comin around from time to time man, it'd be a shame to lose you until next spring.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 04:13 AM   #6
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
ANYTHING can happen.
What goes around, comes around. We'll get another shot at the title soon. Everything fell apart this time, next time everything might come together.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 05:35 AM   #7
Re-Dirk-ulous

Re-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of light

Amazing post! Fantastic.

I was watching NBA TV and the deusche bag who does "NBA Daily" said the Mavs window of opportunity for a championship has completely closed. Then said he doesn't take this team seriously to win a championship and is no longer a believer of the Mavs as legitimate title contenders.

Last edited by Re-Dirk-ulous; 05-05-2007 at 05:51 AM.
Re-Dirk-ulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 05:52 AM   #8
come_on_now

come_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Re-Dirk-ulous
Amazing post! Fantastic.

I was watching NBA TV and the deusche bag who does "NBA Daily" said the Mavs window of opportunity for a championship has completely closed. Then said he doesn't take this team seriously to win a championship and doesn't believe that the Mavs are legitimate title contenders.
That guy is pathetic. My God, relatively speaking the Mavs have just arrived onto the scene. Window is closed? Was the Pistons' window closed last year when they blew it after a Finals trip the year before? Nooop. Here they are again and could certainly win it. We know they can destroy PHX and can certainly match up with SA.

Here's a secret you guys and I know this because I worked in the media for years: These jobs pay like crap. You probably make more money. That's why you get these yahoos spewing garbage about stuff they know nothing about. They are basically interns. These national reporters don't know what's going on intimately with teams. They read other national crap written by other guys that don't know what they're talking about either then make a decision.
come_on_now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 06:00 AM   #9
huashengdou

huashengdou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It takes some manning up to do this, but embrace the story because it will make that ring all the more sweeter when we win it. You know that's true.
Great!!!
It had been a history...Although it was too painful to ...I will forget this in the next 5month.
I still be here wait for our year.Every jeer and blame will be the power for us.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:06 AM   #10
Re-Dirk-ulous

Re-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of light

On a side note, did anybody see the Warriors locker room celebration. Why the hell were these washed-up movie stars in the locker room celebrating with them.
I saw Woody Harrelson, Owen Wilson (Whom is from Dallas btw... At least born in Dallas) and Kate Hudson.
Talk about Bandwagoners. Even Snoop dog jumped aboard the shit. How gangsta is that?

I'll try to upload the video.

Last edited by Re-Dirk-ulous; 05-05-2007 at 06:08 AM.
Re-Dirk-ulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 06:21 AM   #11
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of

Its that California stuff--the so-called "beautiful people" (most not so beautiful) wanting face time on national TV.

Fickle as hell--probably could not tell you the name of a GSW player if their life depended on it.

(Have to admit--Jessica Alba did look pretty nice, though--but I have seen a ton of women in Dallas home games that make her look homely.)
Big Shot Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:00 AM   #12
croco

croco has a spectacular aura aboutcroco has a spectacular aura aboutcroco has a spectacular aura about

I think a lot of people will see it the same like you in a few days, weeks or months. We just need time to realize that this team is not garbage. Once the emotions are set, we can see it from the right perspective again.

It just wasn't our year and honestly despite the 67 wins I thought we were a better team in April 2006 than in April 2007. Yes, this team is better overall than last year's version, but they didn't pull it together at the right time, it happens to every team unless you have Michael Jordan or Shaquille O'Neal.
croco is offline   Reply With Quote