Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-29-2002, 01:17 AM   #1
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

From a King's discussion board

Is it a good or bad thing for the Kings/Jazz that the Mav's ran through Minnesota without breaking a sweat and this winner will play at least one extra game?

The same prediction was made for the Kings...that they wouldn't be right in the head for a tough second round matchup if they easily swept the Jazz.

I think that if the Kings win in 4 it's great. If they win in 5 it's not. Win in 4 and you only play one extra game. You're confident and emotionally battle tested.

Kings win in 5 and they're physically and mentally drained. They've just dodged a major bullet and primed for a let down in their next game.

I've got to believe that if the Jazz get by the Kings their tank will be completely empty and a young well rested Mav's will absolutely blow 'em up.
__________________________________________________ ______________________________

maybe the Kings will play hard with the Mavs. Make it a Jazz tyupe of game.
__________________________________________________ ________________________________

That would definitely favor the Kings
__________________________________________________ _____________________________

winning in 4 v the jazz will be the best result for us. The mavs wolves series wasn't really full of too much playoff basketball. If we do jazz the series up a bit the mavs might not be able to compete with our intensity. If we get some rhythem and confidence going with our shots and keep up the sucess on the boards we had last game mavs might not have an answer.
__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

Winning in 4 is better off but either way it's fine. Dallas' series will be more in tune to the kIngs' style and i am sure the Kings will get back to playing their style. But Kings need to be aggressive and play good solid defense against Dallas to beat them. There is one area where we have an edge over them and that is inside with out big men. Divac should play big for us to beat them. Christie should play Findley tough and Bibby has to stop Nash from penetrating. Webber should shut Nowitzki. But overall, we have to be aggressive and play physical basketball with them like we did to the Jazz to beat Dallas. I think they will be intimidated when we play physical with them like the Jazz did to us. This could be the only way to disrupt their rhythm.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2002, 01:22 AM   #2
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

<< Webber should shut Nowitzki. But overall, we have to be aggressive and play physical basketball with them like we did to the Jazz to beat Dallas. I think they will be intimidated when we play physical with them like the Jazz did to us. This could be the only way to disrupt their rhythm. >>

One wonders if this guy watches much basketball. Garnett, known as an excellent defender, couldn't shut down Dirk and this guy thinks Webber is going to do it? If he said Webber would match/cancel out Dirk I would disagree but at least I could understand the sentiment.

And the Mavs got the Jazz treatment last year. They know how to handle it.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 02:34 AM   #3
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

I just don't think the Kings can stop Nowitzki. That's the bottom line. Nothing I have read from any Kings fan has any sort of reasoned argument. They are more or less just hoping that Webber will shape up.

Mavs have far too many options for them to cover, so in the remote possibility they keep Dirk to moderate numbers, somebody else is having a big game.

As for them playing physical, yeah right. They've won all year playing similar to us, why would they change for the playoffs. This half court rubbish everyone is sprouting about the playoffs is just a waste of time. Why change our game for history?

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote