Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 01-15-2008, 01:01 PM   #1
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sources: Ravens offer coaching job to Garrett

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3197523

Sources told ESPN's Ed Werder that Dallas Cowboys offensive coordinator Jason Garrett has been offered the Baltimore Ravens coaching position.

Garrett has not made a decision yet.

The Ravens are seeking a successor for Brian Billick, who was fired after the regular season.

Garrett, who arrived at the Ravens' training complex for the second interview on Tuesday morning, was the first candidate to have call-back sessions with the Ravens and Falcons.

Garrett, 41, is a veteran of three seasons as an NFL assistant. He was hired by the Cowboys as offensive coordinator in 2007, after two seasons on the Miami Dolphins' staff. In 2007, he presided over a unit that statistically ranked No. 3 in the league, but struggled in the final month of the year and in Sunday's playoff loss.

A former Princeton quarterback, Garrett played 12 seasons in the NFL as a backup, serving stints with Dallas (1993-99), the Giants (2000-03), Tampa Bay (2004), and Miami (2004). He also played in the World League (1991) and in the CFL (1991).

Ed Werder covers the NFL for ESPN.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:12 PM   #2
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/nflin...l?nav=rss_blog

Ravens Might Try to Finish Deal With J. Garrett Today

Jason Garrett is in Baltimore today for a second interview for the Ravens' vacant head coaching job and an NFL source said this morning it's possible that the team could hire Garrett by day's end.

Garrett, the offensive coordinator of the Dallas Cowboys, has emerged as the front-runner to succeed Brian Billick, who was fired after a 5-11 season.

Garrett is a former NFL backup quarterback who had a stint as the quarterbacks coach of the Miami Dolphins before being hired as the Cowboys' offensive coordinator last offseason. He aided the development of quarterback Tony Romo this season and oversaw a Dallas offense that ranked third in the league in total yards and second in scoring. But the Cowboys' season ended with a disappointing defeat Sunday to the New York Giants in an NFC semifinal at Texas Stadium.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones hired Garrett last offseason before he hired Wade Phillips as his head coach, and considered making Garrett the head coach before deciding to bring in someone with more coaching experience. There was speculation in recent weeks that Jones might consider nudging aside Phillips to keep Garrett from leaving, but Jones has said that wouldn't happen.

Garrett also has interviewed for the Atlanta Falcons' head coaching vacancy and might have a second interview with the Falcons if he doesn't complete a deal with the Ravens today.

The Ravens also have interviewed Cowboys offensive line coach Tony Sparano, Indianapolis Colts quarterbacks coach Jim Caldwell, New York Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer and Philadelphia Eagles defensive backs coach John Harbaugh. There have been reports that the Ravens could be interested in former NFL coach Marty Schottenheimer, who was out of the league this season after being fired by the San Diego Chargers on the heels of a second-round playoff defeat last season that followed a 14-2 regular season.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:23 PM   #3
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

UGH

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:25 PM   #4
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like no more predictable runs on 1st down...

Speaking of which - why the hell did we abandon the run against New York??? It's not like we were down by so much that we had to become pass-happy - the way Marion Barber was playing, he could have marched us down the field for the win (plus our offensive line was looking a lot more brilliant in their run-blocking than their passer-protection...)

I'm sick of Garrett's vanilla offense in the first quarter anyway... It's like he depends on adjustments to win a game - he never has a plan to go for the kill from the get-go... (example: the Giants pissed on his methodical 10-minute drive with a 43-second momentum-killing touchdown to end the half...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-15-2008 at 01:32 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:29 PM   #5
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe that Jerry is actually just going to watch that happen.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:56 PM   #6
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

I really don't think Garrett is the real deal yet. His first season will probably be great, just like Sean Payton, then teams will figure him out and he'll probably fade into the background after a few bad seasons.

When the game was on the line, ie the playoffs in the second half, he didn't really show me that much.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:59 PM   #7
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

well the thing is...supposedly jason garrett is an offensive genius....but i don't think Baltimore is the place to be for an offensive genius. the ravens have no offense...he is screwed. He wont have the talent or money like the cowboys do....not the best position in my opinion. Obviously being a head couch is a promotion with money and puts you up another level for future career opportunities.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:18 PM   #8
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Looks like no more predictable runs on 1st down...

Speaking of which - why the hell did we abandon the run against New York??? It's not like we were down by so much that we had to become pass-happy - the way Marion Barber was playing, he could have marched us down the field for the win (plus our offensive line was looking a lot more brilliant in their run-blocking than their passer-protection...)

I'm sick of Garrett's vanilla offense in the first quarter anyway... It's like he depends on adjustments to win a game - he never has a plan to go for the kill from the get-go... (example: the Giants pissed on his methodical 10-minute drive with a 43-second momentum-killing touchdown to end the half...)
We had no choice. Barber gave all he had in that 1st half. Barber is not a 30 attempt a game running back. He's never been asked to do as much so why should we believe he could do it in the NFL postseason?

The Ravens are idiots. Garrett has 1 year under his belt as an Assistant coach. He is all of a sudden a head coach now? If i'm Garrett i'd get a contract extension from Jerry and wait until Phillips tenure is done.

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 01-15-2008 at 02:19 PM.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:23 PM   #9
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that second half was pretty sad. But honestly, it looked like we were waiting for the dagger play instead of taking what was there. If it worked out, he'd look like a genius I suppose.

I can't remember what game it was... but I think it was against the Cowboys. The opposing O-line had been blasted all year about how crappy they are because their QB kept getting sacked. That game, the coaches called a ton of run plays and they looked phenomenal. Either a lineman or a reporter said something to the effect that mixing in the run plays helps so much because they don't have to constantly hold position. They can go flatten someone on their back past the line of scrimmage. They can punish the D-line instead of absorbing the punishment.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
Barber gave all he had in that 1st half.
I thought maybe that was a possibility. Makes me want a McFadden type guy so that we aren't stalling our run game every time Barber is off the field.

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 01-15-2008 at 02:27 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:31 PM   #10
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We had no choice. Barber gave all he had in that 1st half. Barber is not a 30 attempt a game running back.
I would have tried Barber some more before giving up on him - he looked like he had 50 carries in him on Sunday... Why hold back? Run him until he can't run anymore, then abandon the run - Garrett didn't even try after the half... I guess he was saving the last of Barber's juice for next week?

Last edited by Underdog; 01-15-2008 at 02:31 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:27 PM   #11
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Quote:
I guess he was saving the last of Barber's juice for next week?
No one wants to be late to their fing fishing trips.

I wish we could get a mulligan.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 01-15-2008, 05:45 PM   #12
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW
I agree that second half was pretty sad. But honestly, it looked like we were waiting for the dagger play instead of taking what was there. If it worked out, he'd look like a genius I suppose.

I can't remember what game it was... but I think it was against the Cowboys. The opposing O-line had been blasted all year about how crappy they are because their QB kept getting sacked. That game, the coaches called a ton of run plays and they looked phenomenal. Either a lineman or a reporter said something to the effect that mixing in the run plays helps so much because they don't have to constantly hold position. They can go flatten someone on their back past the line of scrimmage. They can punish the D-line instead of absorbing the punishment.

EDIT:

I thought maybe that was a possibility. Makes me want a McFadden type guy so that we aren't stalling our run game every time Barber is off the field.

The only solution I think in getting a guy to replace Julius is by the draft. I don't think its worth paying top dollar for a guy like Turner who isn't going to get the majority of the load. Not sure what Mcfadden has and i'm reluctant to trade numeours picks to find out but if the risk isn't going to hurt the future i'd definately look in getting him.

Quote:
I would have tried Barber some more before giving up on him - he looked like he had 50 carries in him on Sunday... Why hold back? Run him until he can't run anymore, then abandon the run - Garrett didn't even try after the half... I guess he was saving the last of Barber's juice for next week
Isn't that exactly what Garrett did? I may be wrong because I don't have the stats in front of me but I recall Barber running the football nad having zero success in the 2nd half. Didn't he end up with 28 yards? He had several carries as well. Factor in the Giants secondary is garbage then Aaron Ross got hurt? Gerrett had the right gameplan. A couple of dropped passes, penalties and offensive line playing like doo doo factored in that loss on Sunday. 2nd half was just horrinble.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:05 PM   #13
Underdog

Quote:
Isn't that exactly what Garrett did? I may be wrong because I don't have the stats in front of me but I recall Barber running the football nad having zero success in the 2nd half. Didn't he end up with 28 yards? He had several carries as well. Factor in the Giants secondary is garbage then Aaron Ross got hurt? Gerrett had the right gameplan. A couple of dropped passes, penalties and offensive line playing like doo doo factored in that loss on Sunday. 2nd half was just horrinble.

Wow - I'm looking at the play-by-play and there's more penalties/turnovers than there are rushing attempts in the 2nd half... Looks like they TRIED to run a few times, only to have it brought back with a senseless penalty... I guess running on a play that gets called back takes as much energy as running on a play that is successful...

Only 2 passes on 1st down for a positive gain, only 1 for a first down... Cowboys rush 9/10 times on 1st down - they're too predictable (I love the Colts for that reason - they're not afraid to pass for 15 yards on first down... Hell, the Cowboys did plenty of that earlier in the season - what gives???)

Old 01-15-2008, 06:15 PM   #14
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

how genius to you have to be to get the ball to Whitten and TO?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:45 PM   #15
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Quote:
Wow - I'm looking at the play-by-play and there's more penalties/turnovers than there are rushing attempts in the 2nd half... Looks like they TRIED to run a few times, only to have it brought back with a senseless penalty... I guess running on a play that gets called back takes as much energy as running on a play that is successful...

Only 2 passes on 1st down for a positive gain, only 1 for a first down... Cowboys rush 9/10 times on 1st down - they're too predictable (I love the Colts for that reason - they're not afraid to pass for 15 yards on first down... Hell, the Cowboys did plenty of that earlier in the season - what gives???)
Thanks for looking. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. It's... still too soon.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 01-16-2008, 11:05 AM   #16
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Jerry Jones already mentioned that if it's a money thing he will match anything Baltimore offers. It basically just depends on whether Garrett really wants to be a head coach or if he just wants the perks that go along with it. He could stay here in a system that he already knows and is successful in, get a nice pay raise, and wait his turn for the head coaching job.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:30 AM   #17
MavsX
Diamond Member

Yeah i heard on the radio that jerry might try and dingle some dollars over his head..and see what happens.

also, does anybody read profootballtalk.com ?? its a great website for rumors and inside info..its like always first in getting the scopes.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:45 AM   #18
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

According to the Ticket.... Sparano is now the head coach of the Dolphins.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:47 AM   #19
MavsX
Diamond Member

http://beta.profootballtalk.com/2008...ng-assistants/

COWBOYS HEMORRHAGING ASSISTANTS
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 16, 2008, 10:43 a.m.

Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips appears to have a long month ahead of him of reconstructing his coaching staff, as he’s losing assistants left and right.

As everyone knows, offensive line coach Tony Sparano is leaving to become the head coach of the Dolphins, and offensive coordinator Jason Garrett appears to be leaving for either Baltimore or Atlanta.

But there’s more. Adam Schefter of NFL Network is reporting that the Dolphins are focusing on two Cowboys assistants to add to their staff.

Cowboys secondary coach Todd Bowles is expected to leave to become the Dolphins’ assistant head coach, and Cowboys linebackers coach Paul Pasqualoni is expected to become the Dolphins’ defensive coordinator. Both Bowles and Pasqualoni first joined the Cowboys staff in 2005, when Bill Parcells was head coach, and both of those moves could be announced soon, although the Dolphins technically can’t hire either until their contracts expire next week.

And those might not be the last Dallas assistants to leave. It seems likely that tight ends coach John Garrett will follow his brother Jason to either Baltimore or Atlanta.

With an exodus of assistants, the situation in Dallas is somewhat similar to what happened in San Diego last year: The No. 1 seed loses its playoff opener, and then watches as other teams hire away its assistants. That situation ultimately ended with the Chargers firing head coach Marty Schottenheimer. Phillips must be hoping things don’t turn out that way in Dallas.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:01 PM   #20
MavsX
Diamond Member

http://beta.profootballtalk.com/2008...into-a-corner/

JONES BACKED HIMSELF INTO A CORNER
Posted by Mike Florio on January 16, 2008, 9:54 a.m.

Assuming that reports are true that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has offered to match any financial package presented to offensive coordinator Jason Garrett in order to keep him in Dallas, Jones’ gesture could create all sorts of unwanted consequences.

For starters, if the Ravens or the Falcons offer Garrett more than $3 million per year and Garrett decides to stay put, he’ll be making more money than Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips.

Next, such a move essentially tattoos the phrase “lame duck” on Phillips’ forehead. Though Phillips seems to have the ego (or lack thereof) to live with such a label, there could be trouble in the locker room if things get tough and the players don’t know who’s really running the show.

And all of this could have been avoided if Jones had merely gone to Garrett before he interviewed for any other job and worked out a deal that pays him very well for now and guarantees that he’ll become the head coach when Phillips leaves, with specific payments due to Garrett is he’s not the head coach as of, say, March 1, 2009, March 1, 2010, and so on.

By waiting, Jones allowed Garrett to build leverage. Now Garrett has it. And he’s using it.

Finally, we still can’t understand why there’s such a scramble for Garrett. With all due respect, he’s a one-year coordinator who might or might not have the skills to be an NFL head coach. Meanwhile, it’s a buyer’s market this year, and five of the final eight teams were coached by guys who had head-coaching experience before joining their current teams.

We’re not saying that Garrett doesn’t deserve to be a head coach. But we’re struggling to comprehend how he has become the prom queen of the 2008 hiring cycle when plenty of other guys are available — including guys who have NFL head-coaching experience.

Last edited by MavsX; 01-16-2008 at 12:02 PM.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:01 AM   #21
MavsX
Diamond Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...=ESPNHeadlines

Sources: Garrett turning down head coaching jobs to stay with Cowboys

ESPN.com news services

Updated: January 17, 2008, 10:52 AM ET

* Comment
* Email
* Print

Dallas head coach Wade Phillips has been informed that Jason Garrett will turn down head coaching opportunities with the Atlanta Falcons and Baltimore Ravens and remain as the offensive coordinator for the Cowboys, sources told ESPN's Ed Werder.

Jason Garrett

Garrett

A source credits owner Jerry Jones with convincing Garrett to remain in Dallas: "This is huge because changing systems right now would have been really tough on Tony [Romo]."

Garrett has informed the Ravens and Falcons of his decision to stay in Dallas. The Ravens are now turning their attention to Eagles secondary coach John Harbaugh, who is expected to get his second interview Thursday.

Sources told ESPN.com that Garrett, who spent several hours meeting with Atlanta officials earlier in the day, huddled with Jones on Wednesday night. Garrett met with the Ravens on Monday night and part of the day Tuesday before flying to Atlanta for a follow-up session.

The Cowboys could offer Garrett a substantial raise and the tacit promise that he will eventually succeed Phillips within the next couple years.

In 2004, Jones convinced both his coordinators at the time, Sean Payton on offense and Mike Zimmer on defense, to bypass head coaching opportunities and stay with the Cowboys. Payton had been offered the Oakland Raiders' head coaching position and Zimmer the job at the University of Nebraska.

It is believed the Ravens formally offered Garrett their head coach job, at a salary of less than $3 million annually. Sources told ESPN.com's Matt Mosley that the Falcons' job is Garrett's if he wants it. The Falcons have also been seriously considering former Baltimore defensive coordinator Rex Ryan, who met with club executives on Monday for a second time, and who is held in high regard.

Both the Falcons and Ravens lost a candidate on Wednesday when Indianapolis assistant head coach Jim Caldwell withdrew his name from consideration for the vacancies. The move, first reported by ESPN's Chris Mortensen, fueled immediate speculation that Caldwell removed himself because he is about to be named the successor to Tony Dungy.

But Dungy told Mortensen that he has not yet made a decision on his future and likely will not before the weekend. League sources said Caldwell's action was motivated more by the reality that he was probably not viewed as more than the No. 3 candidate by both Atlanta and Baltimore officials.

One reason for a second interview between Garrett and Atlanta executives is that the Falcons did not have a general manager when they huddled with him for the first time on Jan. 4. On Saturday, however, Atlanta hired Patriots college scouting director Thomas Dimitroff as its new general manager, and he will have considerable input into the selection of the head coach. The Falcons' vacancy was created when Bobby Petrino resigned with three games remaining in his first season as an NFL head coach, to fill the vacancy at the University of Arkansas.

Atlanta has interviewed five other candidates for the position. If the team is still without a new coach by the weekend, and New York loses at Green Bay in Sunday's NFC Championship Game, the Falcons probably will seek permission to interview Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo. The Falcons made such a request earlier, but the Giants rebuffed it because of the team's status in the playoffs.

Even as he faced the specter of losing Garrett as his coordinator, Jones was attempting on Wednesday to retain several assistant coaches whose contracts are about to expire, and who are rumored to be candidates for staff positions in Miami, where Cowboys assistant head coach Tony Sparano on Wednesday was hired as the Dolphins' new coach.

Jones has offered contract extensions to secondary coach Todd Bowles, linebackers coach Paul Pasqualoni, and defensive line coach Kacy Rodgers.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:03 AM   #22
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Wade better put down his hamburger and start looking over his shoulder towards the end of next year.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:51 PM   #23
Underdog

I have no doubt that Garrett will be our next head coach... Did Jerry only lock him up for 1 season?

Old 01-17-2008, 02:08 PM   #24
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I can't believe that Jerry is actually just going to watch that happen.
haha, ya~~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:01 PM   #25
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Garrett is a mirage just like the Cowboys were this season.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:48 PM   #26
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
I have no doubt that Garrett will be our next head coach... Did Jerry only lock him up for 1 season?

ugh 4 years dude
Old 01-17-2008, 04:39 PM   #27
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure why everyone wants Cowboys assistant coaches to lead their team when Dallas, with all their talent, can't even get out of the first round.

And for the record this isn't a shot at the cowboys. I know you guys are sensitive just like I was after the Mavs first round loss... but I just can't imagine 2 06-07 assistant mavs coaches becoming head coaches this season.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote