Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-30-2008, 08:54 AM   #1
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute
Default After-loss party drew Avery’s ire

I HATE JOSH HOWARD. This was the reason for the canceled practice.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/story/613223.html

After-loss party drew Avery’s ire

By JEFF CAPLAN
jcaplan@star-telegram.com

NEW ORLEANS — A late-night party to celebrate Josh Howard’s 28th birthday after Sunday’s Game 4 loss turned Dallas Mavericks coach Avery Johnson livid and led him to cancel Monday’s practice, two sources confirmed.

Johnson, who stressed no partying during the series, was informed before Monday’s scheduled practice that Howard handed out fliers to teammates in the locker room before Game 4, inviting them to his party at a Dallas nightclub.

The two sources differed on how many players attended, either three or four, including Howard. Which players attended is unclear, although the majority of the team did not.

Upon learning of the party, the sources said, Johnson entered the locker room and asked the players who attended to stand up. Infuriated, Johnson lit into his team and then called off practice. He told the team they’d meet on the flight to New Orleans.

After Johnson called off the practice, the team then chose to conduct a players-only practice, an odd occurrence, especially the day before an elimination playoff game. Players were unavailable for comment Monday, but at Tuesday’s shoot-around several players claimed nothing out of the ordinary about the circumstances that led to the coach-free practice session.

Howard declined to comment after the Hornets ended the Mavs’ season Tuesday. He sat at his locker, at times with his head in his hands.

“I’ll keep that to myself,” Howard said when asked about his emotions as he sat facing his locker.

The 6-foot-7, fifth-year forward had a forgettable series on and off the court. He finished the five games making just 21 of 72 shots (29.2 percent. He had 12 points in Game 5 and averaged 12.6 points in the series.

After committing a turnover that led to a Jannero Pargo layup and a 78-66 Hornets lead with 9:08 left in Tuesday’s finale, Johnson removed Howard and never put him back into the game. Howard, his arms folded, stood by the bench with his teammates as Devean George stepped in and helped lead a rally that pushed the Mavs to within three points with 33.2 seconds to play.

The Mavs franchise will likely go into the off-season wondering about Howard’s decision-making ability. Hours before Game 3 he caused a stir when he volunteered information about his off-season marijuana use on the radio.

Dirk Nowitzki said the distractions probably did catch up with the team in the end.

Johnson had attempted to keep the ordeal under wraps Monday during a media session in the lobby of the team’s New Orleans hotel as well as Tuesday after the team’s morning shoot-around.

Both times he clearly didn’t seem happy with the situation, but he didn’t divulge more than saying that he had intended to hold a practice, but that “something happened,” and he decided to call it off.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:58 AM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

FIRE EVERYONE!!!

(except Dirk)

(and especially Champ)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:09 AM   #3
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

I respect Avery (and his decision to not have guys partying), but man did he lose his players and their respect. How about, instead of cancelling practice, you bench the guys, for at least the first quarter. i'd rather lose with respect than have my players going behind my back like that.

what's even more sad is how these guys felt like they should be at a party after losing game 4 ON THEIR HOME COURT.

And the fact that howard was handing out flyers before the game speaks VOLUMES about his mental preparation (or lack thereof).
Old 04-30-2008, 09:12 AM   #4
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

How sad, just totally sad...
Old 04-30-2008, 09:13 AM   #5
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Chum was so, so right on Howard.

He has arrived. He is now satisfied. He is now like so many other NBA players, he tries fairly hard, but it's a job to him, and he doesn't get emotionaly involved like someone like Dirk.

Winning game 4 would be nice, but in the end it probably just doesn't matter that much to him.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:14 AM   #6
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

This just in, a source in the club has sent me the list of who attended the party:
Josh Howard
Antoine Wright
Juwan Howard
and Jamal Magliore

Last edited by birdsanctuary; 04-30-2008 at 09:15 AM.
birdsanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:16 AM   #7
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

ha ha, if that's actually who went, then my idea of benching guys for the first quarter would have had no effect at all!

well, except for howard.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:17 AM   #8
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
but in the end it probably just doesn't matter that much to him.
are you kidding?? It means he can get his bowl out more often!!!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:17 AM   #9
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

At least he was keeping it real.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:19 AM   #10
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsanctuary
This just in, a source in the club has sent me the list of who attended the party:
Josh Howard
Antoine Wright
Juwan Howard
and Jamal Magliore
my source in the club just emailed me that Paul Westphal loves grilled cheese and banana sandwiches....and that he was invited to Josh's party but stayed home to make sandwiches.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 04-30-2008, 09:24 AM   #11
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Chum was so, so right on Howard.

He has arrived. He is now satisfied. He is now like so many other NBA players, he tries fairly hard, but it's a job to him, and he doesn't get emotionaly involved like someone like Dirk.

Winning game 4 would be nice, but in the end it probably just doesn't matter that much to him.

HOW? How can people be like that?

I'm sorry to get out my hockey stick and beat you guys over the head with it some more, but I've never heard of a thing like that in hockey. There's no partying....hell, after a regular season loss, they say the plane is so quiet and awkward it's almost unbearable.

I don't think anyone is like that in the NFL either...or at least most of them.

But you hear this about basketball players far more often, and I just don't understand. How can you not be emotionally involved?
Old 04-30-2008, 09:27 AM   #12
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco

I'm sorry to get out my hockey stick and beat you guys over the head with it some more, but I've never heard of a thing like that in hockey. There's no partying....hell, after a regular season loss, they say the plane is so quiet and awkward it's almost unbearable.

I don't think anyone is like that in the NFL either...or at least most of them.

But you hear this about basketball players far more often, and I just don't understand. How can you not be emotionally involved?
because for many...its really all about stacking that paper...winning is nice...but it certainly isn't everything in this NBA.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:27 AM   #13
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Quote:

Seriously... what an absolute gift to be making an unbelievable living at something you love to do... and there's no passion involved?
Old 04-30-2008, 09:31 AM   #14
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

This was the theme song at Josh Howard's party...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWMIX...eature=related

Josh was right guys.....the clouds are little and fluffy....you just don't know....

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:41 AM   #15
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

That's why I hate the NBA's guaranteed contracts. Dudes get signed a nice deal and then rest on their laurels.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:44 AM   #16
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleDipping
That's why I hate the NBA's guaranteed contracts. Dudes get signed a nice deal and then rest on their laurels.
It's easier to sell The Dream that way...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:45 AM   #17
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Howard is immature. I'm so disgusted with him and his attitude this season. Can you imagine Dirk partying after a loss?

I wish AJ could have made his point in another way. The players clearly need some practice.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:03 PM   #18
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Screw Howard. I would HATE him if I were Dirk...
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:06 PM   #19
sike
The Preacha

Move Avery and Move Josh...bring in Mike Miller or Corey Maggette and both if at all humanly possible.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:07 PM   #20
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
Move Avery and Move Josh...bring in Mike Miller or Corey Maggette and both if at all humanly possible.
and add to that....what are people saying about Brand's availability?

Old 04-30-2008, 12:10 PM   #21
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
what'll it take now to get what we could have gotten last year for just Josh?
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:17 PM   #22
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Disappointing:

- Josh doesn't care.
- Johnson lost control of the team.
- Teammates went along.
- Teammates didn't tell Josh to shut up (Jason, Dirk) or even beat his ass (Stack) while he solicited teammates.

This is sucky.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:21 PM   #23
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, we don't really know what was said behind closed doors...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:53 PM   #24
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Nice job Avery, cancel a practice because they were partying. You probably gave those that went exactly what they wanted, a day off to recover.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:54 PM   #25
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
what'll it take now to get what we could have gotten last year for just Josh?
nothing short of getting another team's headcase....or waiting until the deadline after Josh has pulled his head out...

Old 04-30-2008, 01:32 PM   #26
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i think some of us are over reacting and putting words in other peoples mouths. Why don't some of you get the facts before screaming for the mavs to trade Josh Howard.

Now that Avery is gone. Lets regroup.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:56 PM   #27
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

If this is true, put me in the bandwagon to move J-Ho out of here. He doesn't give a shit. I don't wanna root for someone who doesn't give a shit.

Heck, I get emotionally involved in a freaking racquetball game...... and it in no way has anything to do with my livelihood. Why can't someone who has worked all his life on this, getting paid a fortune to do it, do the same? How does a player go from an All-Star to this in 1 short year?

Then again, hindsight is 20/20. No one would reasonably want to move him last summer. Who could have known he'd turn into such a difficult player to root for?

Last edited by bernardos70; 04-30-2008 at 04:38 PM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:20 PM   #28
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Because they have played so many games over the years that the games run together and lose importance. Years of camps, select ball, high school ball, college ball, and so on.

Baseball players have the same problem
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:24 PM   #29
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

i would hope they would be able to tell the difference between high school ball and the freakin' NBA playoffs.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:02 PM   #30
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

I think the team has to keep each other accountable, Dirk should have said something, get on his cell, ask to meet JHO behind closed doors and tell him to cancel it. JHo is fricking 28 years old, he should no better, I think he's fallen off the Mavs wagon, get him out of here. If we can sniff a shooter like Miller or Redd with Howard as the main trade bait, do it. Figure out what to do with Terry later. Cuban has to use his MLE duirng the summer, rather than save it for a midseason pickup. I read somewhere that teams picking a free agent after clearing waivers, don't do jack to improving the team. Get everyone in camp, get the system going both ways, then let it fly. Dirk and Kidd is a good start, Bass, Damp if used properly are not bad at their positions. Players will succeed in their role, Stack should be the 6th man slasher, not a starter, Terry should be a shooter, must use brush screens and create his own spacing to allow Kidd to pinpoint a pass and get Terry to fire up a shot.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:27 PM   #31
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

reall sad news~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:09 PM   #32
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

josh howard is a bone head.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:27 PM   #33
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL
Because they have played so many games over the years that the games run together and lose importance. Years of camps, select ball, high school ball, college ball, and so on.

Baseball players have the same problem
dont that apply to hockey as well
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:37 AM   #34
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

too many effin wasted opportunities...this team is killing its fans.

one year, dirk plays like a chump because of off-court issues

the next year, josh howard wants to party and smoke weed and quits on the team. Who is next? Dampier??
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:41 AM   #35
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma
Stack should be the 6th man slasher, not a starter.
I thought he should retire...

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 01:06 AM   #36
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Lets look forward to the new era. Obviously it looks like avery was not too much at fault but the problem may be with avery being too attached to the players. I think someone like riley can solve this issue but would a coach like Riley want to work with Cuban? I think cuban is going the same direction as Jones. However, Jones actually fired superbowl winning coaches as opposed to cuban. I do see a pattern though of 3 years and gone attitude. I hope it all works out good in the end for mavs. I will always be a mavs Fan and I am terribly disappointed by what Josh Howard did but would say potheads do not know what they are doing. They think they can be okay when time comes and produce on the court. Unfortunately Josh has not proven himself to be a game changing player and all he has done is acted like a dude who is immature. He has lot of talent and unfortunately he has no idea how much we depended on him for offense and defense. Sorry Josh to be critical on you but if avery gets fired you need to be let go somehow even if we get a second round draft pick.