Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-15-2008, 08:23 PM   #1
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future
Default Camby traded to Clippers

I was watching ESPN and it just said the Nuggets are trading Marcus Camby to the Clippers for a 2nd round pick.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2008, 08:27 PM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

The such-and-such was never in the so-and-so race in the first place...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:28 PM   #3
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Camby headed to Clippers
By Benjamin Hochman
The Denver Post
Article Last Updated: 07/15/2008 07:24:47 PM MDT

Marcus Camby will likely be in Los Angeles with the Clippers next season. (AP | Darren Hauck)

The Nuggets will trade veteran center Marcus Camby to the Los Angeles Clippers in order to create salary cap space, a source close to the team told the Denver Post Tuesday evening.

Denver will receive a future second-round draft pick, the source said.

Trading Camby, considered one of the top defensive centers in the NBA, will save Denver around $20 million, the source said.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_9891201
Old 07-15-2008, 08:29 PM   #4
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3491156

Sources: Nuggets agree to trade Camby to Clippers for second-round pick

By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
(Archive)
Updated: July 15, 2008, 9:25 PM ET
Comment
Email
Print

The Los Angeles Clippers, exactly one week after finding out they had lost their face of the franchise, have rebounded with a significant trade acquisition.

2008 Season Stats
GM PPG RPG APG FG% FT%
79 9.1 13.1 3.3 .450 .708
The Clippers on Tuesday agreed to terms on a deal with the Denver Nuggets to acquire center Marcus Camby as their replacement for Elton Brand, according to NBA front-office sources.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Clippers will only have to surrender a future second-round pick to acquire Camby, who is being jettisoned into the Clippers' salary-cap space vacated by Brand to generate payroll relief for the Nuggets.

A trade call with the league to approve the deal has been completed, sources said, clearing the way for the teams to announce the swap later Tuesday.

Camby, 34, is coming off a productive season in which he averaged 9.1 points, 13.1 rebounds and 3.61 blocks for the Nuggets, who won 50 games to claim the final playoff spot in what is regarded as the most competitive conference race in league history.

But the Nuggets have yet to advance out of the first round with their Allen Iverson-Carmelo Anthony-Camby core and, according to sources, opted to shed the remaining two years on Camby's contract (worth nearly $15 million) to create the flexibility that could allow for more changes.

The Nuggets had the league's fourth-highest payroll last season and are required to pay $13,572,079 in luxury taxes for last season by July 23.

Marc Stein covers the NBA for ESPN.com.

Last edited by nikeball; 07-15-2008 at 08:46 PM.
nikeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:29 PM   #5
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

We give DIOP the full MLE...and camby could've been had for a second round pick??

WTF. CMON.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:30 PM   #6
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball
We give DIOP the full MLE...and camby could've been had for a second round pick??

WTF. CMON.
I know, I'm pissed.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:37 PM   #7
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, honestly, know SOMETHING about NBA trades rules before complaining about something like this.

The only reason the Clips can do this is because they have the room under the cap to absorb his contract and not send anything back.

So, what the heck to the Clippers do with Kaman and Camby? Weird.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:39 PM   #8
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Guys, honestly, know SOMETHING about NBA trades rules before complaining about something like this.

The only reason the Clips can do this is because they have the room under the cap to absorb his contract and not send anything back.

Play both Camby and Kaman at the same time? Not sure which one you call the PF. That would certainly rival the strength of the Utah Jazz in the paint...
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:39 PM   #9
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Quote:

Oh I openly admit I know nothing about the crazy ins and outs of the nba trade rules.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:40 PM   #10
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So, what the heck to the Clippers do with Kaman and Camby?
Kaman-to-Dallas?

Old 07-15-2008, 08:41 PM   #11
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Kaman-to-Dallas?

I optimistically thought about that also. Either one of them would be helpful in Dallas...
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:43 PM   #12
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't get it, you have all that cap space and you spend it on a guy that plays the same position as your second best player.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 07-15-2008, 09:01 PM   #13
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Kaman-to-Dallas?

My true dream.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:11 PM   #14
bradleywillcrushyou44

bradleywillcrushyou44 is a jewel in the roughbradleywillcrushyou44 is a jewel in the roughbradleywillcrushyou44 is a jewel in the rough

they will probably keep the Kaman/Camby combo, Camby actually used to be a Power Foward when he came into the league. and we had no chance of getting him since trading him to a team under the cap is like literally cutting him from the team but without having to pay any money. see this is what happens when you put a lot of big money on players that aren't worth it (Kmart, Nene), also see the Knicks the past 6 years. maybe they are willing to trade some other players now but i don't think many would help the mavs too much given what we'd have to trade away. lol nuggets defense was so bad last year and they just traded their best defender. i would have tried to get rid of kmart first but i'm sure they explored that option and no one wanted him. 9th team in the west next year...
bradleywillcrushyou44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:12 PM   #15
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

Quote:
I don't get it, you have all that cap space and you spend it on a guy that plays the same position as your second best player.
I know, I thought they were looking for a PF to replace brand. I guess that means they're out of the J.Smith race.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:15 PM   #16
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Man, a Kaman/Camby front line doesn't scare me a whole lot. Good luck getting one of them to guard Dirk, or Boozer and those like them.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-15-2008, 09:25 PM   #17
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I feel you, but:

a) Camby didn't take it all, did he? Hoopshype shows his '09 number as 8MM. That leaves them some more money to spend, no?

b) Who else could they have acquired with their cap space?

I realize that there are a lot of moving parts here when you are talking about how the Clippers could use (or could have used, as it were) their cap space. But if the guy can help them, I don't see the position thing as that big a deal. After all, we just bought a backup center for a much higher price than the Clips paid.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:27 PM   #18
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

.. what? HAHAHA... this isnt really a wise move on the Clipper's part if they had a chance at Josh Smith. If not then.. Deng would have been good.. Emeka Okafor would have played the PF spot better. They had options. .. ha

The Clippers will remain.. The Clippers. I like this move... for us. Nuggets get worse. Clippers stay the Clippers.

EDIT:... if the Clippers still have cap space to acquire someone else worth mentioning , then nevermind on what i said above.. And there is still the possibility of the Clippers taking that deal just to trade off Camby or Kaman for a needed peice. Hawks S/T Smith so they get something in return and not match the Clips offer sheet?

Last edited by Robillion; 07-15-2008 at 09:29 PM.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:28 PM   #19
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I feel you, but:

a) Camby didn't take it all, did he? Hoopshype shows his '09 number as 8MM. That leaves them some more money to spend, no?

b) Who else could they have acquired with their cap space?

I realize that there are a lot of moving parts here when you are talking about how the Clippers could use (or could have used, as it were) their cap space. But if the guy can help them, I don't see the position thing as that big a deal. After all, we just bought a backup center for a much higher price than the Clips paid.
Well, techincally we didn't, Diop is earning less than Cambuy per year, but I see your point.

I would say that Josh Smith on that team would have scared me a lot more than Camby.

But there's a fairly decent possibility that they'll end up trading Kaman or Camby, I'd imagine.

I actually didn't realize Camby only made 8 mil. It makes a little more sense now.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-15-2008, 10:34 PM   #20
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I always wanted to see Camby in a Mavs uniform...

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:39 PM   #21
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, techincally we didn't, Diop is earning less than Cambuy per year, but I see your point.
You've got to love the Freudian slip.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:20 PM   #22
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Wow, truly unbelievable... This deal is good for us because Camby was not dealt to the other team in LA or the Spurs, Jazz, Hornetz, Suns...

I'm loving this deal...

With Camby and Najera gone... the Nuggetz are history...

see ya' wouldn't want to be ya'...

Last edited by birdsanctuary; 07-15-2008 at 11:21 PM.
birdsanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:09 AM   #23
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I don't think it makes the Nuggets any less scary. They still have AI and Carmelo. They were one of the worst defensive teams in the league with Camby and will continue to be horrible without him. JR Smith is developing into a star, Nene will finally get the much deserved pt, who knows with Kenyon Martin. They're still a deep team. They still have a solid roster. Defensively they should look pitiful but who knows. No one expected the Celtics to be the best defensive team in the league even with the addition of KG.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:10 AM   #24
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

David Stern strikes again...I believe we all know which two teams will be in the NBA 08-09 finals.. 76rs vs. Clippers..Funny..very funny..

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:14 AM   #25
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietsavant
David Stern strikes again...I believe we all know which two teams will be in the NBA 08-09 finals.. 76rs vs. Clippers..Funny..very funny..
Very good point. If the Lakers got Gasol for nothing, the Clippers got Camby for WAY LESS than nothing.

And I still don't get the outrage over Gasol, or the idea that the Lakers were that much better off with him. The dude is a stiff. Always has been, and always will be. If you are an opponent, you would rather see him than not see him. And this guaranteed the Lakers something or another? Give me a break.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:59 AM   #26
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

The talent in the west is being dispersed among the teams, instead of being stacked on a couple teams. Unfortunate to even think about taking this approach, but considering the mediocre state of the Dallas Mavericks, this was a good move for us.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:05 AM   #27
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Very good point. If the Lakers got Gasol for nothing, the Clippers got Camby for WAY LESS than nothing.

And I still don't get the outrage over Gasol, or the idea that the Lakers were that much better off with him. The dude is a stiff. Always has been, and always will be. If you are an opponent, you would rather see him than not see him. And this guaranteed the Lakers something or another? Give me a break.

The thing about Gasol is, i never feared he'd go off on Dallas rather it be LA or Memphis, but he is the perfect #2 guy for a team with a player like Kobe. He can move well without the ball when he's being guarded by bigger defenders. He's like a better version of the old Kenyon Martin.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:13 AM   #28
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
The thing about Gasol is, i never feared he'd go off on Dallas rather it be LA or Memphis, but he is the perfect #2 guy for a team with a player like Kobe. He can move well without the ball when he's being guarded by bigger defenders. He's like a better version of the old Kenyon Martin.
He can also decide that he "wants to get away" like a Southwest Airlines commercial whenever the stakes get raised. That much is well documented. I'm pretty sure that Kobe doesn't see him as his Pippen now.

But, this kinda flies in the face of the conspiracy theorists, so perhaps it's best to leave Gasol's reputation as that of a cold-blooded assassin, the likes of which would readily guarantee David Stern's Lakers the NBA title.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:24 AM   #29
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

I was rooting for The Lakers to win the finals. And if Gasol's performance pissed me off that bad, i can't imagine what actually Lakers felt. He helped them in no way, shape, or form.

Anyways, i'd bet there's some sort of Kaman/Randolph deal the Clippers have going on. If not, Dallas needs to get involved...........very quickly.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 03:08 AM   #30
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute
Angry

Yeah this is f-in ridiculous. Many said that the Lakers getting Gasol was a fluke and that lob-sided deals like that don't come around often.

CAMBY FOR A SECOND ROUND PICK!

I'm sorry, but I think the rest of the league thinks they can just rape Cuban. This is why I have no clue why we were in some awful position to have to give up Devin Harris for Kidd. NJ was basically backed into a corner and HAD to move Kidd. There were basically no other suitors.

Donnie and Cuban get one more year with me before I deem them incompetent. They better pull off a miracle deal this summer.

No More Excuses.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 07-16-2008 at 03:14 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:36 AM   #31
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart
Yeah this is f-in ridiculous. Many said that the Lakers getting Gasol was a fluke and that lob-sided deals like that don't come around often.

CAMBY FOR A SECOND ROUND PICK!

I'm sorry, but I think the rest of the league thinks they can just rape Cuban. This is why I have no clue why we were in some awful position to have to give up Devin Harris for Kidd. NJ was basically backed into a corner and HAD to move Kidd. There were basically no other suitors.

Donnie and Cuban get one more year with me before I deem them incompetent. They better pull off a miracle deal this summer.

No More Excuses.
Um, 28 other teams got raped too (just like the Gasol deal...)

Plus, who says we even wanted him??? (could Carlisle utilize Camby or are Damp & Diop the best options for a defensive-minded coach?)

Last edited by Underdog; 07-16-2008 at 07:37 AM.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:52 AM   #32
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

I believe Camby actually played PF for his first few years in the league. I think a Kaman/Camby frontline could work. Camby will be the weakside shot-blocker/help defender, Kaman takes the bigger post-player one-on-one... on offense, Kaman gets the ball in the post while Camby looks for put-backs. They will certainly be the best rebounding tandem in the league. I agree that Smith or Okafor would have been better, but when you've got a sure thing it's probably hard to turn down.

On the other end, what are the Nuggets thinking? I always thought Camby was a somewhat over-rated defender (he gets a lot of block and rebounding opportunities on such a weak defensive team), but the Nuggets will probably be the worst defensive team in the league without him.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:59 AM   #33
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Camby is not nearly as mobile as he once was. The combo could work against some teams, but against teams with good PF's it seems like a terrible idea.

Camby is the only guy that has a prayer of staing with Boozer or Dirk or so many other great PF's, so you completely negate his off the ball shot blocking, plus he's going to get torched by those guys anyway.

I think they flip one of them.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-16-2008, 08:51 AM   #34
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Camby wouldn't of been a fit here anyway, he's too ummm...tall.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:47 AM   #35
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

And he blocks too many shots and grabs too many rebounds...But the good thing is his shot looks in a way like Juwan Howards'

Last edited by SMC0007; 07-16-2008 at 09:48 AM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:50 AM   #36
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
I don't think it makes the Nuggets any less scary. They still have AI and Carmelo. They were one of the worst defensive teams in the league with Camby and will continue to be horrible without him. JR Smith is developing into a star, Nene will finally get the much deserved pt, who knows with Kenyon Martin. They're still a deep team. They still have a solid roster. Defensively they should look pitiful but who knows. No one expected the Celtics to be the best defensive team in the league even with the addition of KG.
They were not that bad last year. They finished 10th in the league in defensive efficiency. I doubt they finish in the top 20 next year. Remember, they didn't only lose Camby but also Najera. He's undersized but scrappy.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:20 PM   #37
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

thats stupid
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:27 PM   #38
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

The obvious reason for Denver making this trade is they want more pt for Steven Hunter. I look for Hunter to have a breakout year......
Old 07-16-2008, 03:07 PM   #39
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Um, 28 other teams got raped too (just like the Gasol deal...)

Plus, who says we even wanted him??? (could Carlisle utilize Camby or are Damp & Diop the best options for a defensive-minded coach?)
Well he is a former defensive player of the year... so my guess is hell yeah Carlisle could utilize him.

Good move for the Clippers, but I don't know why some of you think it's a good move for us... they seem to have replaced Denver as our competition in the hunt for the lower playoff spots, and I like their team better than what Denver was throwing at us.

Davis, Eric Gordon, Al Thornton, Kaman, and Camby? Solid. And if i'm not mistaking they still have more cap space and Livingston returning (who knows how that will turn out). They could land another pleasant surprise or two.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 03:31 PM   #40
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
Good move for the Clippers, but I don't know why some of you think it's a good move for us... they seem to have replaced Denver as our competition in the hunt for the lower playoff spots, and I like their team better than what Denver was throwing at us.
If we're worried about competing for lower playoff spots, than we have much bigger problems than not landing (FORMER defensive player of the year) Marcus Camby...

(Jamaal Magloire is a FORMER All-Star - maybe we should go after him???)