Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-25-2008, 11:28 PM   #1
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 7-7: Mavs roar back against the Pacers

Wmbwinn already posted some nice analysis in the gameday thread.

We really closed that rebounding difference in the fourth, which keyed the comeback. All of the bigs played well tonight; even Bass rebounded.

Antoine Wright....holy crap. Where has that confidence been? I suspect his effectiveness tonight might have something to do with the Pacers not having a shot blocker, but still...my goodness. He is just so dang creative around the rim. And his defensive work was very nice. He even had to fight through some incredibly ticky tack calls. However, I'm tired of seeing him (and Shawne Williams) spot up at the three. Do what you do, and don't do what you don't do.

Jet was absolute money tonight, Dirk carred this team in the first half, Kidd was dominant in the second half after being pretty quiet in the first half.

Shawne and Singleton...yuck. Better luck next time guys.

Barea..did you really poke yourself in the eye? And dude..if it's a poke in the eye...get your butt off the court and onto the bench so we don't burn a timeout.

Remember this game people. The Mavs were without Josh Howard, got outrebounded, and shot 26% from three. They kinda stole this one.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 11-25-2008 at 11:31 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2008, 11:29 PM   #2
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

YEAH!!!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:30 PM   #3
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Green didn't play either! Hope is here!
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:32 PM   #4
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Remember this game people. The Mavs were without Josh Howard, got outrebounded, and shot 26% from three. They kinda stole this one.
They also got 28 fast break points, 50 points in the paint, and committed only 10 turnovers.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:35 PM   #5
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

BTW, someone mentioned this in the GDT:

Jet has looked like a different player off the bench once Stack was deactivated. He's been really, really aggressive looking for his shot. Very refreshing.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 11-25-2008, 11:35 PM   #6
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse900703 View Post
YEAH!!!
Second...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:38 PM   #7
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I mentioned it in the GDT. I bet it would have it's faults but I wanna see
Damp, Dirk, Wright, Green, and Kidd on the floor for some extended time.

Green healthy and slashing and hitting jumpers, Wright attacking the paint...both of them working off of Kidd. I wanna see it!

Jim O'Brien gets a vote for dunce of the night, terrible substitutions made near the end of the game.

Dirk getting fired up after 3's...I love it every time, it never gets old.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:39 PM   #8
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Jet has looked like a different player off the bench once Stack was deactivated. He's been really, really aggressive looking for his shot. Very refreshing.
I swear I've never seen him attack the basket this much over the past few weeks. It's not like he has switched gears, but he adds it a little more to the jumper.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:40 PM   #9
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I mentioned it in the GDT. I bet it would have it's faults but I wanna see
Damp, Dirk, Wright, Green, and Kidd on the floor for some extended time.

Green healthy and slashing and hitting jumpers, Wright attacking the paint...both of them working off of Kidd. I wanna see it!

Jim O'Brien gets a vote for dunce of the night, terrible substitutions made near the end of the game.

Dirk getting fired up after 3's...I love it every time, it never gets old.
More power to that lineup, but I want Josh back. Badly.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 11-25-2008, 11:41 PM   #10
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

if i'm the pacers, i feel robbed. Dirk definitely had a couple of verbal flops, the mavs got some lucky bounces, and there were some VERY questionable calls.

but all that considered, we still had to make the shots, and we did it without JHO down the stretch.

couple of observations:

Dirk was again very ineffective in the 4th. The numbers are misleading. I think he will turn it on and come on very strong towards the end of the year, maybe it's adaptation to a new system, and maybe it's all the conditioning work on top of the olympic fatigue. Last season his shooting percentages were way down and skyrocketed after the allstar break. Hopefully the shooting numbers will rebound again.

How messed up is Indy right now? TJ ford seemed inconsolable being asked to sit the last 3 mins. The subs were erratic. They, much more than the mavs, were looking for a jackson pollock tonight.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:43 PM   #11
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

i'll take credit for that one.

i think his role seems much more defined than this 6A/6B ego stroking stuff we were doing last year, and from his words and body language, it seems that he has stepped us as a veteran leader for this team too.

Also, aside from his minutes being up, he's being used in a much more concise manner, and his usage rate has skyrocketed. There's very purposeful stuff going on there, and a big part of that is a concerted effort by the coaching staff to utilize Jet. Lots of props to Carlisle and the staff.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.

Last edited by nowhereman; 11-25-2008 at 11:44 PM.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:43 PM   #12
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
More power to that lineup, but I want Josh back. Badly.
So we can trade him for Kaman
Old 11-25-2008, 11:45 PM   #13
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Oh snippity snap, Mavs coming back! Making the SW Conference more interesting.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:46 PM   #14
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dirk was again very ineffective in the 4th. The numbers are misleading. I think he will turn it on and come on very strong towards the end of the year, maybe it's adaptation to a new system, and maybe it's all the conditioning work on top of the olympic fatigue. Last season his shooting percentages were way down and skyrocketed after the allstar break. Hopefully the shooting numbers will rebound again.
He shot the ball 1 time in the 4th quarter. But he was the one to secure the last 3 rebounds for the Mavs when it was "close" and they needed the board. He was the one who found Kidd for the Kidd to put them up by 3. And it was his man who didn't want to come off of him that allowed Terry to get into the lane the last two times on the pick and roll.

Dirk's shot has been off this year. But tonight wasn't the night to show it per se. He was effective as the decoy in the 4th. Hell, they were so scared of him that they let Wright run free in the paint, same with Terry.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:47 PM   #15
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and btw... how much of Terry's confidence is him being reunited with Terry Stotts? Stotts was the coach in Atlanta where Terry had his best statistical season.

Last edited by Bayliss; 11-25-2008 at 11:48 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:50 PM   #16
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
He shot the ball 1 time in the 4th quarter. But he was the one to secure the last 3 rebounds for the Mavs when it was "close" and they needed the board. He was the one who found Kidd for the Kidd to put them up by 3. And it was his man who didn't want to come off of him that allowed Terry to get into the lane the last two times on the pick and roll.

Dirk's shot has been off this year. But tonight wasn't the night to show it per se. He was effective as the decoy in the 4th. Hell, they were so scared of him that they let Wright run free in the paint, same with Terry.
Bingo. Dirk was money in the first half when we needed him. Indy adjusted their defense against him, and Dirk and the Mavs made them pay by spreading the ball around.

24 points, 12 boards, 3 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks. I'll take it.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 11-25-2008, 11:52 PM   #17
sook

sook is on a distinguished road

this game should never have been close.

A win nonetheless though but i don't see the mavs going anywhere
sook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:54 PM   #18
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Those were the best $2.00 tickets I ever bought!

That was frustrating, and then more frustrating, and then fun. In that order. It is amazing how different the crowd is for a Mavs game than a Stars game. More on that later.

I can't believe they scored 109 points. They just felt constipated the whole night. The Pacers were really denying them any kind of inside game while making sure they didn't get an open look for long stretches. Very frustrating.

Fans all around me were frustrated with the rotation. Bringing in JJB and Diop when you're down 8 without the ball...that was something I heard a lot of people voicing an opinion on.

Wright is fun to watch. When he's taking the ball to the rim. Is it just me, or did the Mavericks not take the ball to the rim for an entire 15 minute stretch tonight in the second half?

How did that last foul (I think it was the last foul, I'm not sure now) on Wright look on TV? Because from my vantage point it looked pretty weak. I thought there were a few weak calls tonight.

Dirk...dude...hit your damn free throws in the 4th quarter.

Good game, fun night at the AAC.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:54 PM   #19
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Great game you guys. Glad to see the Thiggy mojo is still up and at em. +rep

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:55 PM   #20
Bayliss

How was the view with the bag on your head?
Old 11-25-2008, 11:56 PM   #21
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
How was the view with the bag on your head?
My wife did the play by play. It was awful

btw, the bag-on-head mojo didn't work for the Stars, but it's still working for the Mavs so I'm gonna keep it. I doubt it's powerful enough to defeat the Lakers, however.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 11-25-2008 at 11:57 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:00 AM   #22
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Oh and why did they take Ford off the floor and play Jack?

And lucky they started missing those 3's they had been making...a lot of mojo went the right way in the 4th. The Mavs could have easily lost by 12.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:04 AM   #23
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

We shouldn't overlook the fact that Dirk has been rebounding a lot better lately.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:05 AM   #24
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Terry AND Kidd hitting big shots late in the fourth...how refreshing is that??

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:05 AM   #25
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
And lucky they started missing those 3's they had been making...a lot of mojo went the right way in the 4th. The Mavs could have easily lost by 12.
Welcome to basketball - a game of runs (hot, cold and "reffy"...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:06 AM   #26
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Oh yeah...the offensive rebounds for Indiana.

W

T

F

That was just killing me. Absolutely killing me.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:09 AM   #27
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Oh yeah...the offensive rebounds for Indiana.

W

T

F

That was just killing me. Absolutely killing me.
yeah, me too. Maybe tonight is a poor time to point out Dirk's better rebounding numbers, but still. 12 is a lot better than the 4-5 he was giving us at the beginning of the season.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:12 AM   #28
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

That turned out to be a really good game.

Jason Terry is just a monster right now. He's doing great in his role. I'm sure everyone has noticed how Jet comes into the game, and the first play is drawn up for him. He usually hits it too. I think he's found a niche for himself, to say the least. Once again, he also seems to be the guy this team has a ton of confidence in late in the game. They went to him a lot, and he kept delivering.

Jason Kidd is so fun to watch too. There's something about having that guy as your point guard that doesn't show up on the stat sheet. I thought he helped will this team to the win tonight.

Not to be outdone, I thought Dirk played well when it was needed late in the game. Troy Murphy always torches Dirk, and he did it again for a while tonight. But Dirk was getting timely rebounds, and he was the guy making some of those key passes that were leading to baskets in the fourth quarter.

Antoine Wright really helped himself tonight. All he did was run, make layups, and defend, but he did all of those things so well that I think he earned more time. I may be in the minority, but I like what Rick is doing with the young kids. They get their chances, and if they don't do anything with it, he does to someone else. In Wright's case, I think getting over his hand injury is helping him more than anything.

Much better defense and much better job on the boards when it mattered. Basically, this team buckled down and got a win when it looked like they weren't going to be able to. I think that's big for confidence - especially when you consider that they did it without Josh.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:31 AM   #29
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
if i'm the pacers, i feel robbed. Dirk definitely had a couple of verbal flops, the mavs got some lucky bounces, and there were some VERY questionable calls.

but all that considered, we still had to make the shots, and we did it without JHO down the stretch.

couple of observations:

How messed up is Indy right now? TJ ford seemed inconsolable being asked to sit the last 3 mins. The subs were erratic. They, much more than the mavs, were looking for a jackson pollock tonight.
Questionable calls on both end. It seemed like every quarter there was a completely blown call.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:36 AM   #30
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
They also got 28 fast break points, 50 points in the paint, and committed only 10 turnovers.
Please update the record standing from 2 and 5 to 7 and 7 friend. pleaseee i beg of you

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:47 AM   #31
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

This sequence really impressed me and surprised me. After the Granger ft's JET didn't hesitate an IOTA...took it right into the lane for a huge shot. Good stuff and fearless by the JET.

Quote:
0:49 Danny Granger makes free throw 1 of 2 100-104
0:49 Danny Granger makes free throw 2 of 2 101-104
0:33 101-106 Jason Terry makes 7-foot two point shot
0:21 Danny Granger makes driving layup (Rasho Nesterovic assists) 103-106
0:20 Troy Murphy personal foul (Dirk Nowitzki draws the foul) 103-106
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 11-26-2008, 01:00 AM   #32
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietsavant View Post
Please update the record standing from 2 and 5 to 7 and 7 friend. pleaseee i beg of you
we're 5-2 since he stopped updating.. I vote for him to keep it the same
Old 11-26-2008, 01:33 AM   #33
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
we're 5-2 since he stopped updating.. I vote for him to keep it the same
Flac's baghead is working also. Plus I think he's a little purtier thisa' way.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:37 AM   #34
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Solid win. Multiple players played good games.

But let's nitpick.

I'm becoming quite vexed by the perimeter shooting. Outside of terry who isn't really a bench player, we don't have any shooters coming off the bench. We shot 31% coming in and shot 26% tonight. Our offense seems to have difficulty creating open 3-PT looks and difficulty converting open 3-PT looks.

We're not good enough to be a contender w/o an elite 3-PT shooting game IMO. I hope it's just variance, but it's been 14 games now!
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 01:40 AM   #35
dude1394
Guru

You are correct...but we keep hearing that shooting 3pointers is the old mavs way.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:01 AM   #36
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Another win without Josh Howard?

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 05:19 AM   #37
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sook View Post
this game should never have been close.

A win nonetheless though but i don't see the mavs going anywhere
if they beat the Lakers then they are going somewhere
basketballgirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 05:24 AM   #38
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I swear I've never seen him attack the basket this much over the past few weeks. It's not like he has switched gears, but he adds it a little more to the jumper.
Amazing what success a player can have when they attack the basket more.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:27 AM   #39
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
Another win without Josh Howard?
Now just think if they had Chris Kaman....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 11-26-2008, 09:30 AM   #40
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Good stuff and fearless by the JET.
JET is only even a decent player if he is playing with that exact "fearlessness" you mention, dude...You can't clip his wings and expect him to just hit corner threes...he needs the ball and needs to be told to attack at all times. Dirk draws so much attention that JT should only ever have to beat one man.

Oh, and that charge call on Granger late in the fourth was a terrible call (good for Mavs, but a terrible call). Big Damp's giant left foot was clearly in the circle.