Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 01-05-2009, 05:51 PM   #1
vashjan

vashjan will become famous soon enoughvashjan will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Win-Win trade for Mavs-Toronto

Dallas Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +0.8 ppg, +2.2 rpg, and +2.3 apg.

Incoming Players
Will Solomon 6-1 PG from Clemson
4.3 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 2.6 apg in 11.8 minutes

Jamario Moon 6-8 SF from Meridian (CC)
6.9 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 1.2 apg in 23.3 minutes

Jermaine O'Neal
6-11 PF from Eau Claire (HS)
14.0 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 1.6 apg in 29.5 minutes

Outgoing Players
DeSagana Diop 7-0 PF from
1.7 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.4 apg in 13.6 minutes

Jerry Stackhouse 6-6 SG / SF from North Carolina
4.7 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 1.0 apg in 15.6 minutes

Josh Howard 6-5 SG / SF from Wake Forrest
18.0 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 1.7 apg in 32.4 minutes
Old 01-05-2009, 06:21 PM   #2
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Kidd/JJB/Solomon
Terry/Wright
Moon/George/Singleton
Dirk/Bass/Singleton
JO/Damp

I actually don't like that lineup very much. I say, use Bass/Stack/Howard for a legitimate swingman... Moon doesn't do it for me. Parker/Kapono/Jermaine, now you would be talking.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:08 PM   #3
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't seen Moon that often, but he has the size to be a good SF. Can he defend?

I'd do a JO, Bargnani, Moon for JHo, Stack, Diop, Bass IF Moon can defend and clean the glass on both ends of the floor.

Kidd, JJB, Terry
Terry, Wright, Green
Moon, George, Green
Dirk, Bargnani, Singleton
JO, Damp

If Moon can defend, Terry can shoot, Kidd control.
Wright/Green (what happened to him?) can be the slasher when needed.

Bargnani seems like the perfect backup to Dirk, and IF he would work out with Dirk, he could improve greatly. He has the potential. He needs to learn defense though, just like Dirk did when he came in the league.

JO could provide that inside offense, but Damp could be the defensive guy.

You might end up with too much Dallas Cowboyitis (having too many stars and not enough grunts), but it looks good.

If they came together as a team -- they could be pretty darn good.

<edit> Calderon, Kopono, JHo, Bosh, and Diop would be pretty stout as well, IMO.
Controlling PG, shooter, slasher, offensive inside force, and defend the rim guy. If you have a better swing that Kopono -- then Kopono becomes the 6th man. Bass the 7th.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson

Last edited by dalmations202; 01-05-2009 at 07:12 PM.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:29 AM   #4
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

The important part of the deal is O'Neal comes off the books in 2010. And Dallas is essentially dumping Howard's contract for a low-post scorer. I'd do a Howard/Damp for O'Neal.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:31 AM   #5
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Dallas would only have 15 million on the books in 2010
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman

Last edited by Nash13; 01-06-2009 at 07:32 AM.
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:11 PM   #6
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I'd do it but I'd prefer to bring back Parker instead of Moon.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:30 AM   #7
toby451

toby451 will become famous soon enough

I used to love JO, but too many injuries now.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...0~28&te=&cash=

I would love to see this deal happen though.

Kinda leaves us small in the middle, but the way Diop has been playing, im not sure that matters much.
toby451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:23 PM   #8
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby451 View Post
I used to love JO, but too many injuries now.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...0~28&te=&cash=

I would love to see this deal happen though.

Kinda leaves us small in the middle, but the way Diop has been playing, im not sure that matters much.
I'm sure you can throw Stack out there and get a big back behind Damp.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:31 PM   #9
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

The risk factor for me with JO has decreased for me in the past day. You just have to manage him and make sure he's not getting overworked. Damp can easily take minutes and Dallas clearly isn't opposed to going without a center for stretches.

It's a year + rental and the money coming off the books is ridiculous.
WIN...uh WIN.