Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 01-21-2009, 04:36 PM   #1
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future
Default Are we allowed to be offended?

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...w&pageId=86675

Excuse me, but this was rather offensive...and to think it was part of a Presidential Inaguration Prayer.

If the left wants love and peace as well as tolerance, then perhaps they should take a step in that direction, rather than to continue preaching hate and racism!!!

Very disappointed and a clear reflection of the new President!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2009, 05:38 PM   #2
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

I as well do not think the prayer was appropriate. However, I do not think the prayer was vetted by President Obama himself. He smiled as it came to his surprise most likely.

We shouldnt get so sensitive though. Obviously,the prayer was about us looking past race and ending that in a joking manner. The Rev poked fun at multiple races most likely in an attempt to show how far we have come in a joking manner. Now, what I do not agree with is the venue for such "comedy". It certianly wasn't the place and time for him to make such a prayer.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:09 PM   #3
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Vetted or not by President Obama, it happened at His Inaguration and thus under His Watch.

He laughed it off, like many others...and now the reality that people get offended and thus the PC bug is in play, yes, even for the Left who pushed PC on our society.

President Bush was under a microscope, thus the standard has been set...now it's time to return the respect to the Democrats.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:23 PM   #4
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

When I see your posts in the political forum, I smile as well. It does not mean I agree with it.

Is Obama going to condemn the reverand? No.. why? Because it is minuscule to what he has on his table and what really matters. A day when race truly does not matter is a day when we are able to openly joke about it in an innocent manner without someone getting upset. It is those that do that get in the way of a non-racial world.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:39 PM   #5
92bDad
Platinum Member

When Whites get laughed at it's funny...when any other race gets laughed at it's racism.

That is a major double standard.

Do we want equality in all races, or simply in some?

Personally I don't care what color someone is...I base my opinions on where they stand on issues. I have many friends of different backgrounds and yes, even different political views...and I don't tolerate any racism within my own home. And Yes, I have slipped and made a slur or two along the way...for those moments I apologize as I have been WRONG in using race as a form of humor. Let's no re-hash, bottom line, I aint a Saint!!!

But I am also NOT the President. He is held to a higher standard and should be.

I am anxious to see who will rise up to represent the Republican/Conservatives of America in the next couple of years, and ultimately who will rise up to Challenge and hopefully take over the Presidency in 2012. The key will be the mid-term elections in 2010...hopefully be then the swing voters will be tired of the Obamawashing of America.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:47 PM   #6
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

What a stain on the big day. A fleck of rat feces spoils the entire pot of soup.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:01 AM   #7
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

oh... shut up with the fake and manufatured outrage. It is tedious

THe dude is 87 years old... he HAS experienced that, no? He was already 30 before the bus boycots took place. He was selected for this honour largely for HIS ROLE IN HELPING TO TURN IT AROUND. no?

Jeez
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:52 AM   #8
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

So... we are not allowed to be offended.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 01-22-2009, 11:09 AM   #9
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

I just don't believe that anyone truly is. I think people are clenching real hard to TRY to see if they can piss vinegar... but it strikes me as contrived boo-hoo-ing, imho.

but you are ALLOWED to feel how ever the hell you want. Knock yourself out.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:11 AM   #10
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

I think anyone who feels the need to ask whether he is allowed to feel one thing or the other is most definitely not allowed to be offended.

also, Republicans are funny. Not funny "ha-ha" but funny like an evil but ultimately impotent little dwarf who is very angry that he's not ruler of the universe...you know, funny "absurd and pathetic" and in a way that warrants no sympathy whatsoever.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:21 AM   #11
92bDad
Platinum Member

Double standard...but should we expect anything different from Liberal Demoncrats?
Old 01-22-2009, 11:23 AM   #12
mcsluggo
Golden Member

your deep heartfelt pain is dutifully noted.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:25 AM   #13
92bDad
Platinum Member

Thank you...I feel like I'm talking to Dr. Phil and you listened to me...now can we move on and work together to heal the wounds? :-)
Old 01-22-2009, 11:33 AM   #14
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

the way I see it....

the republican rank and file has spent the last 8 years defending, among other things:

-massive goverment deficits
-unprecedented measures of government intervention in the economy
-radical schemes aimed at worldwide revolution
-social welfare schemes that rivaled and exceeded new dealers and great society-ers
-opposition to control of illegal immigration
-etc., etc....

as they begin doing what comes natural to partisans -- blasting the opposition -- they inevitablly find themselves blasting Obama for things they cheered or at least defended Bush for doing a few months earlier. The cognitive dissonance must be overwhelming and we should expect a fair amount of craziness for many, many months.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:46 AM   #15
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo View Post
oh... shut up with the fake and manufatured outrage. It is tedious

What he said.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:16 PM   #16
92bDad
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
the way I see it....

the republican rank and file has spent the last 8 years defending, among other things:

-massive goverment deficits
-unprecedented measures of government intervention in the economy
-radical schemes aimed at worldwide revolution
-social welfare schemes that rivaled and exceeded new dealers and great society-ers
-opposition to control of illegal immigration
-etc., etc....

as they begin doing what comes natural to partisans -- blasting the opposition -- they inevitablly find themselves blasting Obama for things they cheered or at least defended Bush for doing a few months earlier. The cognitive dissonance must be overwhelming and we should expect a fair amount of craziness for many, many months.

Did I miss something, I thougt that the Democrats have had the majority for the past 2 years...seems to me that it's the Democrats who have been pushing all this massive deficit and welfare spending. It's the Democrats who pushed all these Corporate Bailouts. They've been in power and the change promised has actually taken not only the U.S. Economy down, but the Global Economy.

The Republicans have turned into wussies and allowed the Democrats to do this...again at least over the past 2 years!!!
Old 01-22-2009, 12:46 PM   #17
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
Did I miss something...
Yes...the stuff you missed includes but is not limited to the part where all of the above was accomplished by Republicans, with the blessing of Republicans, and to the cheers of the Republican throngs.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:57 PM   #18
92bDad
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
Yes...the stuff you missed includes but is not limited to the part where all of the above was accomplished by Republicans, with the blessing of Republicans, and to the cheers of the Republican throngs.

Under Democratic Leadership!!! Or is better to conveniently forget that the Democrats have been in charge through this mess?
Old 01-22-2009, 12:58 PM   #19
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo View Post
I just don't believe that anyone truly is. I think people are clenching real hard to TRY to see if they can piss vinegar... but it strikes me as contrived boo-hoo-ing, imho.

but you are ALLOWED to feel how ever the hell you want. Knock yourself out.
For the record, I'm uneasy about what he means by "yellow will be mellow." It sounds like he's saying my race just needs to chill out and be more agreeable. WTF is that supposed to mean?

Is this ghost ball??
Old 01-22-2009, 01:02 PM   #20
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Under Democratic Leadership!!! Or is better to conveniently forget that the Democrats have been in charge through this mess?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-22-2009 at 01:03 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:20 PM   #21
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
^^^what he said.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:37 PM   #22
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

people tooting coke are much more lucid than that...do you have a photo of someone who is on acid?
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:42 PM   #23
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
President Bush was under a microscope, thus the standard has been set...now it's time to return the respect to the Democrats.
you're reaching.

it's too early for you to reach like this. this sort of nonsense should be saved from a year from now when you start to worry if Obama is ever going to slip.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:43 PM   #24
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
people tooting coke are much more lucid than that...do you have a photo of someone who is on acid?
People on acid are much more lucid than that too...

(I couldn't find a picture of someone huffing glue...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:53 PM   #25
92bDad
Platinum Member

Maybe I should go back to my pot smoking, acid tripping days...back then I was a True Liberal and voted accordingly.

Since those days have been gone for nearly 20 years, I have moved further and further to the right.

The more lucid my thoughts, the clearer I see the ineptitude of the left, not to mentiont the manipulation that they do to America.

The Liberal Zealots are in charge, now we have to do our best to live through the consequences.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:05 PM   #26
mcsluggo
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
For the record, I'm uneasy about what he means by "yellow will be mellow." It sounds like he's saying my race just needs to chill out and be more agreeable. WTF is that supposed to mean?
yeah... that was the potentially more troubling one... except that I think it is JUST looking for something that rhymes with yellow. Overall the whole little exchange was cheesy 1960s throwback, but didn't appear to me to be stated with malice or real undertones, just throw-back cheese (the equivalent to him standing at center court with John Stockton nut-huggers for a H-O-F induction )

on a side note... good thing for the dude that none of our ethnicities are referred to as "orange"... or he would've been humped!
Old 01-22-2009, 03:12 PM   #27
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

i liked bush and thought he received more criticism than he deserved. Does that mean i think we should subject obama to more criticism than he deserves? No. As most of our moms told us when we were little 2 wrongs dont make a right. I didn't vote for Obama. Ill be completely candid in saying that. I think Lowery made a mistake with his comments and I think they were innappropriate for a prayer but last time I checked, Obama isn't responsible for what he says. Im a white guy and in no way did that statement hurt me anyway. If Obama does a poor job(which honestly i do believe he will) I will criticise him. If he does a good job(which is very possible though again not what I expect) Ill praise him. Until he does one or the other Ill do neither.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2/15ths native american, coke is it!, fluffy banter, george wallace lives, i start useless threads, revisionist history, welcome to the jungle