Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 02-11-2009, 01:20 AM   #1
DallasMavs412004

DallasMavs412004 is on a distinguished road
Default Trade Deadline?

Just curious what do you think the Dallas Mavericks will do before the deadline? Also, what do you expect from around the league?
DallasMavs412004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2009, 01:29 AM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

If they aren't willing to take bdiddy and kaman for jkiddo..then they are doing nothing.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:31 AM   #3
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I want Amare to be moved before the All-Star game to the Eastern Conference only because I want to see what the NBA would do with the All-Star rosters.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:39 AM   #4
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
If they aren't willing to take bdiddy and kaman for jkiddo..then they are doing nothing.
You do realize that Baron and Kaman are drawing a combined 109 million in salary over the lives of their contracts, and will jointly cost 26 million in the 2011/12 season alone?
Old 02-11-2009, 08:04 AM   #5
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
You do realize that Baron and Kaman are drawing a combined 109 million in salary over the lives of their contracts, and will jointly cost 26 million in the 2011/12 season alone?
And so? Cuban can't afford that? Pffft. Are we really gonna land Lebron or Dwayne Wade? Come on why would either of them come to the Mavs?

It's time to realize Cuban isn't refusing this trade because of the money. He's refusing this trade because he would be admitting he made a mistake in the Kidd trade a year ago, and he's too stubborn to do that.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 02-11-2009 at 08:04 AM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:48 AM   #6
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post

It's time to realize Cuban isn't refusing this trade because of the money. He's refusing this trade because he would be admitting he made a mistake in the Kidd trade a year ago, and he's too stubborn to do that.
I think that making a trade like that would validate his trade of a year ago. He sould say, look, we esentially turned Harris into a center and a good PG. But, I do think it was wise to refuse this trade.

And yes, The Mavs will make a move, although I am not sure anymore it will be huge, more then likely a vetern PG that can be had on the cheap.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:01 AM   #7
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Thank you.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:46 AM   #8
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

I wouldn't mind getting Kaman alone though. I would think it would involve a package of Stack and other players.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:59 AM   #9
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

I think no major moves for the Mavs this season, except for some minor changes c/o stackhouse, they will go to war (palyoffs) with the pieces they have now.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:42 AM   #10
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Probably not gonna see any major moves from us as far as our starters are concerned. That's my prediction. MAYBE a minor move on the bench toward the end of the rotation at best.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:22 PM   #11
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Is this confirmed? Did we really turn this down?! I don't know whether to laugh or cry...
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:36 PM   #12
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
And so? Cuban can't afford that? Pffft. Are we really gonna land Lebron or Dwayne Wade? Come on why would either of them come to the Mavs?

Oh, I'm quite sure there's some stubbornness in Mavs land regarding the Kidd trade. If you're looking for the source, though, don't look at the front office. I think you'll find it's a coming from a bit closer to home.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:14 PM   #13
twosauce

twosauce can only hope to improve

I want Baron Davis as much as anyone does. But i just dont see it happening. Might as well get a Felton or a Conley or a Louis Williams for next year. The draft is what I am looking forward to. I hope we draft a point or a sg that is rated higher than "Usher".
twosauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:32 PM   #14
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

I'm thinking Ty Lawson might be on the board when we draft, and after watching last night's Duke/UNC game, count me in.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:58 AM   #15
toby451

toby451 will become famous soon enough

The Nets and Mavericks have discussed a trade that would send Vince Carter to Dallas, a league source familiar with the discussions said Thursday night.

The proposed deal, which isn’t imminent, would send Carter, Keyon Dooling and Eduardo Najera to the Mavericks for Josh Howard and Jerry Stackhouse.

The San Antonio Spurs are also pursuing Carter and have discussed a proposal that would include Roger Mason, Bruce Bowen and Fabricio Oberto.

For the Nets, dealing Carter would be a financial move.

Thats on realgm, so take it for what you will.

Thats a lot of salary to take, but I would do that.Although after tonights game I would take about anything for Josh.
toby451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:01 AM   #16
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I'm over the rumors - someone needs to start showing some proof in action...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:28 AM   #17
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I'm over the rumors - someone needs to start showing some proof in action...
True, but to be fair, I said that getting Vince Carter was my dark horse trade way back when.

I'll be expecting positive rep if it happens .

They also discussed it on the post-game show on 103.3.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:39 AM   #18
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Is Vince Carter really gonna make a difference?

Better player than Josh, but by enough?

Also, didnt Kidd/carter have issues ?
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:46 AM   #19
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I assume we have Kidd's OK if Vince comes in.

This doesn't really take us to the Boston/Lakers/Cavs/Spurs/Magic level though so I wouldn't be happy if that's all we do...

What's his deal? If it jacks up 2010, I'm more disappointed.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:03 AM   #20
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody around here is pleased with any trade these days.

I hate to break it to the board, but I doubt any type of last year's Gasol trade will happen. I know we all wish Stackhouse alone would bring us that missing piece but come on....time for reality.

I'd trade Josh for Vince without crying over it.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 03:46 AM   #21
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I've said this before but Dirk and VC would be lethal together with Kidd feeding them. Wouldn't exactly help our perimeter defense though. And it leaves us without any other real trade chips. I guess our bench would get a little lift in Dooling and Najera too. I've always hated VC but can't deny his ability to drop 25-30 points and get easy buckets would help alot right now.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:45 AM   #22
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Think of it this way ... who would help Dirk's game more? VC or Josh? Who has more assists, and who is more likely to stay guarded or get double timed which would give Dirk an easier time on shooting?

Nothing is ever guaranteed, but it would be better to gamble now while Dirk can still play as opposed to potentially wait until 2010, and get nothing.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:03 PM   #23
GermanFan

GermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to all

a few weeks ago dallas would have been happy to get VC 4 Houward
GermanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:39 PM   #24
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

But Kidd doesn't like VC anymore.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 04:11 PM   #25
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
But Kidd doesn't like VC anymore.
Yeah but doesn't Kidd want to win? Don't you think he'd get over it if he thought he could win a championship?

VC would make a huge difference on this team. He could be a LEGIT #2 for Dirk... which Josh will never, ever be.

Kidd took a team to the finals with VC as his #1. Imagine what he could do on a team with VC as his #2 and the likes of Terry as his #3.

Kidd's no fool, he has to know this would massively improve their chances, and it's not like VC slept with his wife or something.

Sure VC has attitude problems, but that's alright. That's easier to put up with when he's not your primary scoring option.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote