Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 01-31-2009, 02:27 AM   #1
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all
Default Earl Watson for Matt Carroll?

I was reading somewhere that the Thunder where interested in Matt Carroll before the Mavs got him and also I saw that the Mavs tryed to trade Stackhouse for Earl Watson but the Thunder said no...so what about a Earl Watson for Matt Carroll trade?...the Mavs get a real back up PG who's a really good defender and can defend the small and fast Pg's like Paul and Harris and the Thunder get Matt Carroll, so would you do it?

Kidd/Watson/Barea
Wright/Terry/Green
Howard/George/Williams
Nowitzki/Bass/Singleton
Dampier/Hollins

Last edited by Thomas86; 01-31-2009 at 02:59 AM.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2009, 02:52 AM   #2
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

I'll do it so Barea wont see the floor.
Old 01-31-2009, 03:10 AM   #3
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

if that's all we do between now and the deadline...then i give up. this team needs a much bigger change than Earl Watson at the backup PG...
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 03:17 AM   #4
tybrock

tybrock is a jewel in the roughtybrock is a jewel in the roughtybrock is a jewel in the roughtybrock is a jewel in the rough

I'm glad we got rid of Diop, but I don't know where Carroll fits on this team. I would take Watson over Barea as my backup as well.
tybrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 03:23 AM   #5
tybrock

tybrock is a jewel in the roughtybrock is a jewel in the roughtybrock is a jewel in the roughtybrock is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi View Post
if that's all we do between now and the deadline...then i give up. this team needs a much bigger change than Earl Watson at the backup PG...
I think Cubes will pull off two or three moves. I think this would be a positive one. Your right though that any others will have to be MUCH bigger.
tybrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:04 AM   #6
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

This would be a nice trade in addition to a much larger one - no doubt we need a legit backup PG and Watson would definitely be more serviceable than JJB...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-31-2009 at 08:06 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:03 AM   #7
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

IMO, it depends on the "other" trades, and if we need another shooter, or if we need a PG that can run a half court offense and defend.

In general I say yes, but not necessarily.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:54 AM   #8
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

And this would get us out of Matt Carroll's salary after 2010. Watson expires next year. I would definitely do that. That would save us $6.8 million if we did that trade this season.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 12:43 PM   #9
Itachi

Itachi is on a distinguished road

That would be a steal. Matt Carrol hasn't done anything yet.
Itachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:26 PM   #10
James2

James2 is on a distinguished road

lets hope matt carroll will get some time to play... the reason why he isnt playing well at the moment is because he doesnt get much time to play... i mean you cant score over 10 points if you play only 4-5 minutes...
James2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:43 PM   #11
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I would like the trade but don't think that Watson is really an upgrade from JJB. Very similar stats but Watson plays about 8 more minutes. JJB shoots the 3 much better too, so I wouldn't offer more than MCarroll. We're not desperate for the same kinda backup player we currently have.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:09 PM   #12
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Watson would make our bench stronger for sure. He can D up
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote