Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-22-2009, 03:40 PM   #1
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold
Default Playoff position analysis: standings, tiebeaks, the goods.

I'm no Marty McFly with a sports almanac, and this is just to simply put things in perspective. All is coming down to the wire, actually, a hair... a very very thin hair. It's also very possible we will see 3 or even 4 team ties thus bringing the phrase "must win game" to a whole new level. Keep in mind that this is just from my own analysis of the teams and how "I" believe they perform against opponents, back-to-backs, home games, road games, strength of schedule, etc.. I don't believe that I'm right on everything but I do believe that it will be this close.

SPURS: Current Record: 45-23 / 7 of 14 on the road
W Spurs - Rockets
W Spurs - Warriors
L Spurs @ Hawks
W Spurs - Clippers
L Spurs @ Hornets
W Spurs - Thunder
W Spurs @ Pacers
L Spurs @ Cavs
W Spurs @ Thunder
W Spurs - Blazers
W Spurs - Jazz
W Spurs @ Kings
L Spurs @ Warriors
W Spurs - Hornets
Final Record: 55-27

ROCKETS: Current Record: 46-25 / 7 of 11 on the road
L Rockets @ Spurs
L Rockets @ Jazz
W Rockets - Clippers
L Rockets @ Suns
L Rockets @ Lakers
W Rockets - Blazers
L Rockets - Magic
W Rockets @ Kings
W Rockets @ Warriors
W Rockets - Hornets
L Rockets @ Dallas
Final Record: 51-31

NUGGETS: Current Record: 45-25 / 6 of 12 on the road
L Nuggets @ Suns
W Nuggets @ Hornets
L Nuggets @ Dallas
W Nuggets - Warriors
W Nuggets - Knicks
W Nuggets - Jazz
W Nuggets - Clippers
W Nuggets @ Wolves
W Nuggets - Thunder
L Nuggets @ Lakers
W Nuggets - Kings
L Nuggets @ Blazers
Final Record: 53-29

HORNETS: Current Record: 43-25 / 8 of 14 on the road
W Hornets - Warriors
L Hornets - Nuggets
W Hornets @ Knicks
W Hornets - Spurs
W Hornets @ Kings
W Hornets @ Clippers
W Hornets @ Warriors
L Hornets - Jazz
L Hornets @ Heat
W Hornets - Suns
L Hornets @ Dallas
W Hornets - Dallas
L Hornets @ Rockets
W Hornets @ Spurs
Final Record: 52-30

BLAZERS: Current Record: 44-26 / 5 of 12 on the road
W Blazers - Sixers
W Blazers - Suns
W Blazers - Grizzlies
L Blazers - Jazz
W Blazers @ Thunder
L Blazers @ Rockets
W Blazers @ Grizzlies
L Blazers @ Spurs
L Blazers - Lakers
W Blazers @ Clippers
W Blazers - Thunder
W Blazers - Nuggets
Final Record: 52-30

JAZZ: Current Record: 43-26 / 7 of 13 on the road
W Jazz - Rockets
L Jazz @ Suns
W Jazz - Suns
W Jazz - Knicks
W Jazz @ Blazers
L Jazz @ Nuggets
W Jazz - Timberwolves
W Jazz @ Hornets
L Jazz @ Dallas
L Jazz @ Spurs
W Jazz - Warriors
W Jazz - Clippers
L Jazz @ Lakers

MAVS: Current Record: 42-28 / 4 of 12 on the road
Alright, I'll analyze our team a little bit. We know that we are a very good home team this season, we're 25-8 on the year. Unfortunately we also have the worst conference and divisional records in the top 8: 22-20 and 5-7 respectively. This is a good time to make a push into the top 4 because I believe that if we don't have the home court advantage we will be knocked out in the first round, even the biggest of Mavs homers (including me) can admit to that. Although being a Mavs homer still leaves me a glimmer of hope that we can win at least once on the road against anyone except the Lake show. So let's look at our last 12 games and how we might stack up to the best of the west at the end of the season.

W Mavs - Warriors
W Mavs - Nuggets
L Mavs @ Cavs
W Mavs @ Wolves
W Mavs - Heat
W Mavs @ Grizzlies
L Mavs - Suns
W Mavs - Jazz
W Mavs - Hornets
L Mavs @ Hornets
W Mavs - Wolves
W Mavs - Rockets

I mean... as inconsistent as the Mavs are I'm trying to paint the best picture possible (I think going 9 of our last 12 is pretty dang good, considering the competition) Also, don't let the number of home games fool you, we have one of the toughest remaining schedules. Now my head hurts because of all the possible tie break implications. This season is even closer than the last.

Spurs: 55-27
Nuggets: 53-29
Hornets: 52-30
Blazers: 52-30
Rockets: 51-31
Jazz: 51-31
Mavs: 51-31

Let's take a look at this, I'm not going to bother to try to analyze and figure out all the tie breaks because it's all just based on predictions, but what I'll do is take a look at the games that matter to the Mavs in these situations. This is how the tie break situations are looking right now, with many important games coming up on our schedule.

Team | W | L
Nuggets: 0-3 (1 game remaining)
Jazz: 1-2 (1 game remaining)
Hornets: 0-2 (2 games remaining)
Rockets: 1-2 (1 game remaining)
Portland: 3-0 (no games remaining)

Not looking too good for our Mavs. Essentially if we win all our games against the Nuggets, Jazz, Hornets and Rockets we still lose our tie breaks with them because of winning percentages vs division and conference. If it does come down to tie breakers let's hope that we are tied with Portland because they are the only team we actually have an advantage over and they have the easiest remaining schedule. I think we can end up anywhere from 3-8 (obviously), realistically though I think we'll be tied down in the 5-8 seeds battling against drawing the Lakers in the first round.

Take this as you may Mavs fans, but I thought I would give my (limited) perspective to the community. Feel free to criticize, correct, analyze

Tidbits for thought
Some good information on current playoff standings and tiebreaks and how they are determined.
http://www.nba.com/statistics/playoff_picture.html

Last edited by tsar; 03-22-2009 at 11:03 PM.
tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2009, 04:20 PM   #2
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting stuff.

Hope you don't mind that I'm paying absolutely no attention to your Maverick predictions. If this season has shown us anything, its that the Mavericks are completely unpredictable.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 04:30 PM   #3
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

That must have taken awhile.
Dirkadirkastan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:17 PM   #4
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

Good work. You probably underestimated the Rockets though. They just beat the Spurs and are now number 1 in the SW division.

As for the Mavs, like tcat said, the Mavs are a little too unpredictable. They will probably lose at least two more at home IMO.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:47 PM   #5
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

How the F are the rockets in 1st, seriously.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:11 PM   #6
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

A lot of these games can go either way and which way they go can be the difference between 3rd and 6th for a team, perhaps.

I dont see the Mavs losing to PHX though.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:13 PM   #7
vRookie

vRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
How the F are the rockets in 1st, seriously.
They play great defense and that will win you games. But I see what you are saying. This team is surprisingly good without TMac
vRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:32 PM   #8
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Gives me more reason to laugh at t-mac, the greatest chance his team has of advancing past the 1st round, and he's not playing HAHA.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:56 PM   #9
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

I rather have the Rockets be in first than SA. I would love a 1st round showdown against the team from Suckston.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:00 PM   #10
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

We are not 3-1 against Portland.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:01 PM   #11
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Thanks for this.. I asked for it in another thread and you delivered big time. +rep

I am predicting this though:

Lakers
Rockets
Spurs
Denver
Utah
Hornets
Mavericks
Blazers
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:11 PM   #12
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

How did that "r" get from the middle of "tiebreaks" all the way to the beginning of the line?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:27 PM   #13
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Portland has a bunch of home games left, I don't think they are going to finish behind us. If we're going to jump someone, it's going to be the Jazz.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:09 PM   #14
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
How did that "r" get from the middle of "tiebreaks" all the way to the beginning of the line?
I have no clue, haha. I can't edit a title though, so I guess it will have to stay this way unless a mod wouldn't mind changing it.

Quote:
Portland has a bunch of home games left, I don't think they are going to finish behind us. If we're going to jump someone, it's going to be the Jazz.
I also don't think so, but it's also going to be hard to chase the Jazz, they're finally healthy and I think that will help them do a little better on the road.

Quote:
We are not 3-1 against Portland.
Yeah, my mistake. Fixed now.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:11 AM   #15
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I honestly would not be surprised to see 4-5 teams finish with the same record.

It sucks that our conference record is very mediocre.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:07 AM   #16
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
I honestly would not be surprised to see 4-5 teams finish with the same record.

It sucks that our conference record is very mediocre.
True - do we hold a tie-breaker over anyone aside from Portland?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:34 AM   #17
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Man, our remaining schedule sucks..... bad.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:49 AM   #18
tsar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
True - do we hold a tie-breaker over anyone aside from Portland?
No.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:51 PM   #19
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

We can pass the Hornets if we win both of the games. Just look at their last 7 games, just really hard ones. If they keep on missing Chandler and we get Josh back its quiet possible.

Anyway we have to step now up and win games to build up confidence for the playoffs.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:28 PM   #20
Re-Dirk-ulous

Re-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of light

Wow tsar, I bet you lost some sleep putting that together
Re-Dirk-ulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:10 PM   #21
stoble

stoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nice

Good job tsar. Now I see the predicament we are in. It looks like we've pretty much locked ourselves into the 8th seed.

If only there was something we could do to make the other teams lose

Tonight let's hope that the 76ers can give us a hand!
stoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:57 PM   #22
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoble View Post
If only there was something we could do to make the other teams lose
We can beat Denver, Phoenix, Utah, New Orleans, and Houston at home. Tough schedule, but this team's destiny is still in their hands.
Dirkadirkastan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:00 PM   #23
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

This thread just isn't the same without that r.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:14 PM   #24
tsar

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
You still have "tiebeaks" to hold you over. Portland better get their ass whooped tonight.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:01 PM   #25
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Most likely we gonna play Lakers in 1st round~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:29 PM   #26
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
I don't know which kindly mod took it away, but it wasn't me.

I like to watch you people make mistakes and then twist in the wind
Old 03-23-2009, 10:58 PM   #27
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

I would like to play the Blazers but hey what can you do.....
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:53 PM   #28
tsar

Looks like Suns and Sixers did us a few favors today. Sank u vry mch!
Old 03-24-2009, 08:05 AM   #29
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

The last 24 hours of the season could be very exciting. In the West you have Lakers v Jazz on 4/14, and on 4/15 Mavs v Rockets, Dever v Port, and Spurs v Hornets. A lot could be decided on the last day of the season.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:28 PM   #30
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

Tonight Utah is playing the Rox, then tomorrow they play at Phx (5 wins in a row). There is probably a 70% chance they lose at least one of these games. Right?
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 04:52 PM   #31
fluid.forty.one

IMO, the best case scenario for us would be for Houston to beat Utah and for Utah to beat Phoenix.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:22 PM   #32
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not worried about Phoenix. I want Houston to beat Utah, and Phoenix to beat Utah.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:31 PM   #33
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not worried about Phoenix. I want Houston to beat Utah, and Phoenix to beat Utah.
Yep. That's the best scenario. The Mavs want every team above them to lose as much as possible. And since Utah is right above then they need to continue to lose.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:16 AM   #34
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

We could take Houstons spot, that would be cool too right?

Haha... Artests teeth jumped out of his mouth last night, did anyone else see this?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:13 AM   #35
tsar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
We could take Houstons spot, that would be cool too right?

Haha... Artests teeth jumped out of his mouth last night, did anyone else see this?
I'll take anybodies spot at this point. Time to kick some warrior ass tonight!
Old 03-25-2009, 03:58 PM   #36
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hollins says the Lakers are beatable

Ryan Hollins has a plan for the Lakers
9:10 AM Tue, Mar 24, 2009 |
Tim MacMahon

Backup center Ryan Hollins made an appearance on Michael Irvin's ESPN 103.3 radio show yesterday. It wasn't as memorable as Josh Howard's April appearance on Irvin's show, but Hollins had some interesting things to say after his best road trip during his brief time with the Mavs.

Hollins obviously gained some confidence after making back-to-back starts while Erick Dampier rested a bum knee. The 7-footer declined a request by ex-Cowboy offensive lineman/Irvin sidekick Nate Newton to publicly demand more playing time, but Hollins made it clear he believes he can help the Mavs win now and in the playoffs.

Hollins went so far as to provide some insight on how the Mavs could succeed as an 8 seed against the Lakers, whom he acknowledged were the team to beat. The key: Take advantage of Kobe's selfishness.

"Kobe Bryant is one of the greatest players in the game, and I think sometimes he has issues trusting his teammates," said Hollins, who probably saw a lot of Lakers games while playing college ball at UCLA. "Maybe we catch them off guard, kind of get Kobe into playing a little one-on-one or doing a little too much, I think we've got a shot at them definitely."

It seems like a player should have a minimum of one minute's worth of playoff experience before saying anything that could land on the bulletin board of the defending conference champions, doesn't it?
Old 03-25-2009, 04:09 PM   #37
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Tim MacMahon

Backup center Ryan Hollins made an appearance on Michael Irvin's ESPN 103.3 radio show yesterday. It wasn't as memorable as Josh Howard's April appearance on Irvin's show, but Hollins had some interesting things to say after his best road trip during his brief time with the Mavs.

Hollins obviously gained some confidence after making back-to-back starts while Erick Dampier rested a bum knee. The 7-footer declined a request by ex-Cowboy offensive lineman/Irvin sidekick Nate Newton to publicly demand more playing time, but Hollins made it clear he believes he can help the Mavs win now and in the playoffs.

Hollins went so far as to provide some insight on how the Mavs could succeed as an 8 seed against the Lakers, whom he acknowledged were the team to beat. The key: Take advantage of Kobe's selfishness.

"Kobe Bryant is one of the greatest players in the game, and I think sometimes he has issues trusting his teammates," said Hollins, who probably saw a lot of Lakers games while playing college ball at UCLA. "Maybe we catch them off guard, kind of get Kobe into playing a little one-on-one or doing a little too much, I think we've got a shot at them definitely."

It seems like a player should have a minimum of one minute's worth of playoff experience before saying anything that could land on the bulletin board of the defending conference champions, doesn't it?
Yes, I agree. Unfortunately Kobe plays his best game if he's angry. I assume he won't be happy after reading that statement.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:25 PM   #38
tsar

Looks like Nene did everyone who's battling for the 7 spots in the west a little favor:

"Taken from ESPN:
Nene supended for head-butt incident
Comment Email Print Share
Associated Press

NEW YORK -- The Denver Nuggets' Nene has been suspended two games without pay by the NBA after head-butting an opposing player and making contact with an official.

NBA executive vice president of operations Stu Jackson announced the discipline on Monday.

Nene was ejected with 7:25 left in the fourth quarter of Denver's 118-115 loss to the Phoenix Suns on Monday night, after head-butting the Suns' Louis Amundson. After the ejection, Nene made contact with a game official, Jackson said.

Nene, who is averaging 14.6 points and 7.8 rebounds, will begin serving his suspension Wednesday night against New Orleans. He would be eligible to return March 28 against Golden State."
Old 03-25-2009, 06:03 PM   #39
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Tim MacMahon

Will this material run through Kobe's mind, and actually play a part in the series? I mean it could do a lot of things in the mind game arena, we've never really challenged kobe like that.....but it's too long of a series, Jackson is the best in series adjuster there is and those guys they can turn it on and off.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:21 AM   #40
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavericks are going to finish in 6th with a 51-31 record.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boats and hoes, boats and horses, horse is still banned, horse is still gay, houston is 1st round bye, i want the mavs dancers, mavs > wolves, realistic 6th seed, rip r, this thread needs tags, tiebreakers are teh suck, we will doink the #1 seed, we will play #1 seed, we will seed the #1 seed, we're not the 9 seed, your mom ate my #1 seed