Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 12-20-2009, 05:54 PM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brittany Murphy of a couple of movies has in fact died

Quote:
By CHRISTOPHER WEBER
The Associated Press
Sunday, December 20, 2009; 4:38 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...122001494.html

LOS ANGELES -- Brittany Murphy, the actress who got her start in the sleeper hit "Clueless" and rose to stardom in "8 Mile," has died in Los Angeles. She was 32.

Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Spokeswoman Sally Stewart said Murphy died at 10:04 a.m. Sunday. She would not provide a cause of death, or any other information.

The Los Angeles Fire Department responded to a call at 8 a.m. Sunday from a home that is listed as belonging to British screenwriter Simon Monjack, who is married to Murphy, spokesman Devon Gale said. Gale said one person was transported to a hospital.

Los Angeles police have opened an investigation into Murphy's death, Officer Norma Eisenman said Sunday afternoon. Investigators have been dispatched to Murphy's home in the hills of West Hollywood.

Messages left for Murphy's manager, agent and publicist by The Associated Press weren't immediately returned.

Born Nov. 10, 1977 in Atlanta, Murphy grew up in New Jersey and later moved with her mother to Los Angeles to pursue acting.

Her career started in the early 1990s with small roles in television series, commercials and movies. She is best known for parts in "Girl, Interrupted," "Clueless" and "8 Mile."

Her on-screen roles declined in recent years, but Murphy's voice gave life to numerous animated characters, including Luanne Platter on more than 200 episodes of Fox's "King of the Hill" and Gloria the penguin in the 2006 feature "Happy Feet."

She is due to appear in Sylvester Stallone's upcoming film, "The Expendables," set for release next year.

Her role in "8 Mile" led to more recognition, Murphy said told AP in 2003. "That changed a lot," she said. "That was the difference between people knowing my first and last name as opposed to not."

Murphy credited her mother, Sharon, with being a key to her success.

"When I asked my mom to move to California, she sold everything and moved out here for me," Murphy said. "I was really grateful to have grown up in an environment that was conducive to creating and didn't stifle any of that. She always believed in me."

She dated Ashton Kutcher, who costarred with Murphy in 2003's romantic comedy "Just Married."

Kutcher sent a message on Twitter Sunday morning about Murphy's death: "2day the world lost a little piece of sunshine," Kutcher wrote. "My deepest condolences go out 2 Brittany's family, her husband, & her amazing mother Sharon."

Kinda strange, kinda not too surprising considering she was anorexic and using amphetamine-based diet pills for more than a decade.

Anyone think its totally innapropriate and/or a sign of the times that we get an obit message from her ex-boyfriend via twitter?

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 12-20-2009 at 05:55 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2009, 10:35 PM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

This is a shock. I really enjoyed Clueless, 8 Mile, and King of the Hill. I always liked her. I knew I shouldn't have gone into the lounge before bedtime.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 04:42 PM   #3
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

man you would think people taking drugs would knock that crap off
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:29 PM   #4
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

she was gonna be in my 2010 death pool....
watched a terrible movie called 'Deadline' with her in it about a week ago....she didn't look long for this earth
sad
Old 12-22-2009, 02:40 PM   #5
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

btw, be careful letting your girlfriend mess with your Netflix
Old 12-25-2009, 10:24 PM   #6
hjg877

hjg877 is on a distinguished road

thats a shame
hjg877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 12:26 AM   #7
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX View Post
man you would think people taking drugs would knock that crap off
She wasn't taking drugs. She died of natural causes fyi.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 12:28 AM   #8
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The Los Angeles County Coroner's department have revealed that a hefty stash of prescription drugs was found on Brittany Murphy's bedside table.

There were drugs on the table made out to Brittany, her husband Simon Monjack, Brittany's mother and other unidentified people according to reports. There were several different types of drugs including antibiotics, anti-seizure and medication to treat depression, Pain, anxiety and bipolar disorders.
Link

That looks like a pretty terrible web site to link to, but speaking for people who are somewhere around her age everywhere, I sure as hell hope she was on drugs or something. People that age shouldn't just die.