Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-10-2009, 07:48 PM   #1
jamyoa

jamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these partsjamyoa is infamous around these parts
Default Jason Terry must be traded!

Let's face it this guy will never learn, He is the biggest reason why the Mavs have a hard time closing out games in the 4th. qtr. He turns the ball over more than anyone in the 4th. qtr. and he plays no defense. All he does at crunchtime is launch 3ptr's. or take stupid jumpshots. When all he has to do is drive to the lane. Terry is a hot and cold player, by this I mean he will have a decent game, then he will have 3 or more bad games by the time he gets it going again. He also can't make freethrows under pressure! Like it or not this guy is a liability to this team. He's got to go. Trust me Mark will make a trade before the deadline, and don't be surprised if the Jet is flown out of here. Gooden is also hurting the Mavs! I would rather see Kris H. play instead of him, damn how many easy shots has Gooden missed? Carlisle is doing a poooooooor job rotating players, ever heard of giving Roddy more playing time. I'd rather c Boubois driving to the lane, then Terry taking stupid 3pt. shots. It's common sense Rick Carlisle!
jamyoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2009, 07:53 PM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:54 PM   #3
mavsgirl4134

mavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to behold

pssh... honey bunches, you got it ALL wrong. JJ Barea is the reason why this team is so horrible. I mean the Mavs haven't had any injuries all season, ANNND they're barely above .500. Just another one of those seasons when the Mavs fail to make the playoffs. It's a freakin bummer.

Nice to hear from you again, it's been awhile.
mavsgirl4134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:40 PM   #4
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

I agree 100%. JET misses his shots sometimes, thus he sucks and must go. Gooden sucks too, he definitely hurts the Mavs when he misses his shots. Marion is also terrible - has anyone seen how many shots he has missed lately?? We definitely need to get rid of him soon. Damp can't catch the ball to save his life, so let's give him the axe. It's common sense! Josh can't drive well on his gimpy ankle, so let's throw him in the trade, too. Jason Kidd can't make layups to save his life, so why has Cuban kept him around for so long? Why does Carlisle even give him any playing time? And don't get me started on Beaubois. That kid is like a turnover machine. AND on top of that, he misses shots sometimes, too! Come to think of it, even that Dirk guy misses his shots. He better be part of the next trade deal, or I'm through with the Mavs.
iella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:45 PM   #5
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

This may just be the worst post on the board this season. Of course, we haven't had basketballgirl around in awhile.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:49 PM   #6
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Of course, we haven't had basketballgirl around in awhile.
But that's the only understandable reason. Of course, that alone is a shame. Ban the op as fast as possible! Haven't read such a crap since a while.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by Sportstudi; 12-10-2009 at 08:50 PM.
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:49 PM   #7
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

I seriously Lol'ed when I logged on and this thread caught my eye. "Jamyoa" is who we thought he was lol.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:50 PM   #8
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This may just be the worst post on the board this season. Of course, we haven't had basketballgirl around in awhile.
Imagine if Jamyoa and Basketballgirl got married? Wonder what the kid would be like...
Old 12-10-2009, 08:54 PM   #9
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
Imagine if Jamyoa and Basketballgirl got married? Wonder what the kid would be like...
Seriously, I even don't want to imagine that...

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:01 PM   #10
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

jamyoa must be banned!
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:08 PM   #11
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

It's funny to watch LSMF jump in on the dogpile.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:40 PM   #12
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Old 12-10-2009, 11:00 PM   #13
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

you are a worthless human being

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:17 PM   #14
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

posts such as these make me pine for the days of basketballgirl...
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:08 AM   #15
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamyoa View Post
Let's face it this guy will never learn, He is the biggest reason why the Mavs have a hard time closing out games in the 4th. qtr. He turns the ball over more than anyone in the 4th. qtr. and he plays no defense. All he does at crunchtime is launch 3ptr's. or take stupid jumpshots. When all he has to do is drive to the lane. Terry is a hot and cold player, by this I mean he will have a decent game, then he will have 3 or more bad games by the time he gets it going again. He also can't make freethrows under pressure! Like it or not this guy is a liability to this team. He's got to go. Trust me Mark will make a trade before the deadline, and don't be surprised if the Jet is flown out of here. Gooden is also hurting the Mavs! I would rather see Kris H. play instead of him, damn how many easy shots has Gooden missed? Carlisle is doing a poooooooor job rotating players, ever heard of giving Roddy more playing time. I'd rather c Boubois driving to the lane, then Terry taking stupid 3pt. shots. It's common sense Rick Carlisle!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MRmxfLuNto
Dirkadirkastan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:27 AM   #16
esoteric562

esoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to all

Quote:
QFT!
esoteric562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:44 AM   #17
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Dirk missed a shot one time I member. TRADE DIRK! BUT PROALLY NO TEAM WANTS HIM SO JUST CUT HIM!
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:40 AM   #18
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah lets trade him!

For Kaman, Biedrins, JJ, Kevin Martin...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:51 PM   #19
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

this is awesome!
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:57 PM   #20
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Holy crap this is a new thread? I thought someone just bumped one of the best of Jamyoa series. I didnt think Jam was even allowed to use the internet anymore let alone still have a D-M.com account.

May god have mercy on our souls.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:12 PM   #21
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

The unfortunate thing is....I think he needs to be traded also but I hate to encourage this poster.

EDIT: Although he's been giving it a MUCH better defensive effort lately, he's no longer just a sieve.

Last edited by dude1394; 12-11-2009 at 04:13 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:17 PM   #22
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

DELETE THREAD

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:20 PM   #23
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
The unfortunate thing is....I think he needs to be traded also but I hate to encourage this poster.

EDIT: Although he's been giving it a MUCH better defensive effort lately, he's no longer just a sieve.
You want to trade the reigning 6th Man of the Year, the second best shooter on the team, and either the most clutch or second most clutch player on the team?

I will never understand stuff like this. There are 29 teams in the NBA who would love to have Terry.

Old 12-11-2009, 04:32 PM   #24
esoteric562

esoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to all

every GDT, i go lurkin into the opposing team forums and all i can say is that Terry is feared whenever he steps onto the court. Usually known as a Team killer. Their fans know how dangerous terry is when playing.
esoteric562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:46 PM   #25
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

There is a reason that Spurs fans hate him so badly. And it's not because he's a horrible player and they are scared we will trade him to them. When he punched Finleys nads that added to their hatred of him.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 12-11-2009 at 04:47 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:51 PM   #26
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It doesn't take a brain seargent to know the problems with Jason Terry.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:08 PM   #27
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Just tell me is jamyoa a total imbosol?

Last edited by mary; 12-12-2009 at 12:21 AM. Reason: community standards
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 06:16 PM   #28
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

We were never in the trade jason terry race to begin with.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:09 AM   #29
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You want to trade the reigning 6th Man of the Year, the second best shooter on the team, and either the most clutch or second most clutch player on the team?

I will never understand stuff like this. There are 29 teams in the NBA who would love to have Terry.
I agree and disagree.. Last year his defense SUCKED!! Much,much worse than JJB for example, it was a don't care.

IMO he causes us problems defensively, if you give me a shooter that is close to what jet gives me but is 4 inches taller than I can then trade josh for example. If he continues to put the effort in on the defensive end, I'll change my mind...but until this year I have felt that he was the one player playing out of position terribly. A 6'2 point guard having to play the shooting guard..it causes issues.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:21 AM   #30
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

This thread would make SilkXpert very angry.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 12-12-2009 at 12:22 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:01 AM   #31
LonghornDub

Quote:
I agree and disagree.. Last year his defense SUCKED!! Much,much worse than JJB for example, it was a don't care.

IMO he causes us problems defensively, if you give me a shooter that is close to what jet gives me but is 4 inches taller than I can then trade josh for example. If he continues to put the effort in on the defensive end, I'll change my mind...but until this year I have felt that he was the one player playing out of position terribly. A 6'2 point guard having to play the shooting guard..it causes issues.
First of all, just to be clear, I obviously respect you as a poster and this response shouldn't be taken as something similar to what the OP got (which was deserved). I just don't think you're appreciating how rare a player is that's 1) close to as good offensively as Terry and 2) better than average defensively in size and skill. There just aren't very many. We're not going to give up Terry and get Kobe.

You say it "causes issues" to have a guy like him at that position, which is undeniably true, but any player outside of the top 15 or 20 in the NBA (if that) is going to cause some issues somewhere. Everybody outside that very elite class of players has some glaring weakness. Terry's strengths--ones which really nobody else on the team has--outweigh his weaknesses by far. Over the past 4-5 years, for every 1 game we lost because of Terry's defense, we probably won 3 or 4 because of his offense.

That's all I'll say on this, since this terrible thread by a terrible poster shouldn't warrant any legitimate discussion of anything.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 12-12-2009 at 01:04 AM.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:25 AM   #32
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm...

If we upgrade in a trade we trade him. If it isnt an upgrade we of course dont trade him.

Thats sums it up
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:52 AM   #33
dude1394
Guru

If jet embraces a defensive mindset then I think he'll really help the team, iif not I'd have to look at finding something for him. Having a defensive sieve at the end of the game is murder, absolute murder and it will not get a championship.

He's not a point we've been down that path. And if he's not able to at least be energetic defensively then his offense, imo, isn't enough to make up for it because it isn't consistent enough in the playoffs (if he's hot, great, if he's not, he can't help in other ways). He's going to be on the floor at the end of games and I do not think his game complements the teams in some respects, he doesn't draw enough fouls for my taste and he doesn't draw and kick consistently. Because of that I don't have much of a problem with josh trying the shooting guard, but I'm not sure he has the bbiq to handle it. We'll see...I've liked the way he's played this year.

What we are going to see (it appears) is that we'll have dirk, shawn, josh, jet, jkiddo on the floor...and one of the reasons imo is because jet has to be on the floor...I guess we could find a way to keep him off the floor, but I don't see it on this team.

Sooo.....I would NEVER give away jet, he's way too valuable for that...but if I could use jet+ to facilitate a better player I'd do it, even if it wasn't "quite" as good of an offensive player, but a more rounded and especially taller one.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:12 AM   #34
nowhereman
Diamond Member

I don't know how much you guys buy into it, but I'm putting a lot of stock into the importance of his locker room presence. I'd take JET over, say, Vince Carter anyday, even with the talent dropoff, if it means solid chemistry and excellent player rapport.

Quote:
Old 12-12-2009, 09:49 AM   #35
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

wow really? I think Josh Howard should be traded!!! NOT JET
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 09:52 AM   #36
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
If jet embraces a defensive mindset then I think he'll really help the team, iif not I'd have to look at finding something for him. Having a defensive sieve at the end of the game is murder, absolute murder and it will not get a championship.

He's not a point we've been down that path. And if he's not able to at least be energetic defensively then his offense, imo, isn't enough to make up for it because it isn't consistent enough in the playoffs (if he's hot, great, if he's not, he can't help in other ways). He's going to be on the floor at the end of games and I do not think his game complements the teams in some respects, he doesn't draw enough fouls for my taste and he doesn't draw and kick consistently. Because of that I don't have much of a problem with josh trying the shooting guard, but I'm not sure he has the bbiq to handle it. We'll see...I've liked the way he's played this year.

What we are going to see (it appears) is that we'll have dirk, shawn, josh, jet, jkiddo on the floor...and one of the reasons imo is because jet has to be on the floor...I guess we could find a way to keep him off the floor, but I don't see it on this team.

Sooo.....I would NEVER give away jet, he's way too valuable for that...but if I could use jet+ to facilitate a better player I'd do it, even if it wasn't "quite" as good of an offensive player, but a more rounded and especially taller one.
Okk soo you are suggesting that because Jet was "bad" on D over the years it ossibly cost us a championship????? or that if he continues to be "bad" that we will never win one, just because hes "bad" on D.

So I fell like I am gonna get it for this..BUT I dont believe that Dirks D helped much over the years either especially at his position. Dirk over the years has been just as bad...but IMO they have both been OK and this year they have both improved. Dirk has slacked off a bit since the forst 10 games...but theyr both doing great. Its funny how everyone always blamed Damp for foul trouble..yet it was always obvious that Damp had to guard 2 people whether that meant his man and Dirks man or a guard thats driving past Terry and Dirk while hes swiping. So I think they both have some issues but none are significant...GOO MAVS
Old 12-12-2009, 09:54 AM   #37
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
I don't know how much you guys buy into it, but I'm putting a lot of stock into the importance of his locker room presence. I'd take JET over, say, Vince Carter anyday, even with the talent dropoff, if it means solid chemistry and excellent player rapport.
No question there.

THERE IS NO WAY...to trade Jet now and expect the morale of the team to stay at the same level. During the offseason maybe, but to do it in the middle of a season it would be devastating to the team.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:44 PM   #38
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post
Okk soo you are suggesting that because Jet was "bad" on D over the years it ossibly cost us a championship????? or that if he continues to be "bad" that we will never win one, just because hes "bad" on D.

So I fell like I am gonna get it for this..BUT I dont believe that Dirks D helped much over the years either especially at his position. Dirk over the years has been just as bad...but IMO they have both been OK and this year they have both improved. Dirk has slacked off a bit since the forst 10 games...but theyr both doing great. Its funny how everyone always blamed Damp for foul trouble..yet it was always obvious that Damp had to guard 2 people whether that meant his man and Dirks man or a guard thats driving past Terry and Dirk while hes swiping. So I think they both have some issues but none are significant...GOO MAVS
Yes...I'm saying if jet is as bad as he last year was on defense we will never win a championship with him on the floor at the end of games. And his lack of defense (dirks also, but dirk is a different beast) has possibly cost us a championship. . Also his lack of pg skills may have also had just about the same effect. I really like jet, but he's a pretty limited player imo.

Dirk hasn't been great but I"m not sure he was ever as bad a jet was last year. Also you cannot compare dirk to jet offensively in any form or fashion, it's just not even close. A double team would destroy jet, if jet's shot isn't falling he never gets to the rim. Not to mention that even when dirk wasn't playing decent defense (which I will give you) he still was pulling down 8-9 rpg.

What does jet do for you when his shot isn't falling? Assits-nope, rebounds-nope, fta's-nope, steals-nope, etc.

Don't get me wrong I think jet is the second best scorer on this team so he has to be on the floor(well I might debate myself because josh could easily get there), but if he was to continue playing defense like last year I do not believe the team would have any recourse but to find away to get him off the floor at the end of games.

Happily I have not seen the sieve-like jet this year. But because of his lack of doing much else than score I think that has to continue. He also needs to be willing to get into the lane more ala little nicky, he can hit that floater and mid-range shot well, I'd like to see more of that so he would not be so streaky, instead of looking for 3-balls so much.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:00 PM   #39
dude1394
Guru

There is one thing that jet definitely brings to this team and that is enthusiasm, energy and competitiveness. What I want to see him do is bring that competitiveness on both ends...

This video was really good by jet. Third video down, jet and rick carlisle talking about the heat.
http://www.nba.com/video/mavericks/

"We hate miami"
"I've never had a good vacation in miami"
"Free throws and diva wade are bad words together around here".
"Donaghey(sp) coming out and saying some things"

Then you could see it on the mavs faces last night, whenever diva got a silly ass call, they still couldn't believe it, I wish nothing good on that franchise or diva.

Last edited by dude1394; 12-12-2009 at 01:17 PM.