Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-24-2001, 10:10 PM   #1
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

Najera hustled his ass off the other night and tonight he played one damn minute. what is up with don nelsons thinking. Najera is so active when he is in the game. He brings a shit load of energy.
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2001, 10:22 PM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I agree, Nelson(Donnie too) does alot of things I question but he's got like 1000 wins or somthing so he must know what he's doing.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2001, 10:46 PM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

We almost pulled off a win tonight despite the horrible officiating, the dominating Twin Towers, Dirk's poor performance (until the fourth quarter), AND Bradley getting ejected! I think Nellie did a pretty good job tonight.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2001, 10:51 PM   #4
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Yep, tonight he did a nice job.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2001, 11:21 PM   #5
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I questioned some of Nelson's moves also. I just don't understand how Najera couldn't find more playing time. The energy and hustle he brings is valuable to the team. And, I mentioned this on another board. Why didn't Nelson try out Ekezie? With Bradley and his DUMB antics, it would of been nice to see him instead of using Dirk at the 5. I hate Dirk playing center. Howard didn't have a bad line, ignore the 4-14 because those were shots he should of taken they just didn't fall. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Why focus on one player? Why double-team Duncan every time? Let him have a monster game, it takes away from the others. That double-teaming hurts all the time...Shaq, Webber and so on.
Old 02-24-2001, 11:38 PM   #6
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Howard should have shot the ball more. He seemed really hesitant/unsure and tended to just pass the ball rather then making a drive to the basket or taking the open jumper. I haven't really watched him play much the last couple years, but does his shot release always look like that? It looks as if he's throwing the ball AT the basket (in a straight line).

Anyway, just to comment on Bradley's technicals..the first one was just plain stupid. He should have just shut his piehole and walked away. I can't blame him for the second one though. Anderson CLEARLY committed an offensive foul, pushing Bradley while driving to the basket. This was a pretty critical point in the game imo, and the refs blew it by calling the foul on Bradley. Instead of turning the ball over (with the score see-sawing back and forth), the Spurs got a crack at two freebies. Bradley reacted as any player in his situation probably would have. I'd be mad pissed too!
Old 02-24-2001, 11:57 PM   #7
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Hey DJ, I didn't get to see the game but from what I've read Howard has a hitch on his shot. That's how most described it. I saw some highlights on tv and it is a wierd release. I haven't seen him play a lot but I've never noticed it before either. I think he was probably nervous or hesitant like you said on his shot selection and it was against the Spurs. Im not worried about his play, I was actually happy with the rebounds and assists and only 1 turn over in 35 minutes.
Now about Bradley. I think he does get a lot of questionable calls against him but he needs to hold his composure more, especially near the end of games. I mean, sure, there's a time to get a T by arguing a call. But, Duncan had some calls against him, in his quite manner asked the ref about them and moved on. Bradley, on the other hand, screams, moans, etc... and looks like a baby whining. He needs to learn control and I hope the coaches and the team ripped into him for it.
Old 02-25-2001, 12:15 AM   #8
djb
Administrator

I agree with you completely about Bradley's whining attitude. He needs to learn to just shut up and walk away. Sometimes you can't help but argue a call (such as the ridiculous no-call which led up to his second technical), but in tonight's case, the refs had already heard enough whining from him (ie, his first technical) and weren't about to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Old 02-25-2001, 12:32 AM   #9
MavsFanFinley
Guru

DJ, what do you think about Ekezie? In another post you mentioned with the exception of (Ekezie) that we have a pretty good rotation. I think Dirk playing center is bad for him and the team. I sure hope Nelson will start Bradley and bring Ekezie off the bench for his backup before going to Dirk for the job. I suggested tonight he should of tried him out but maybe this wasn't the game to see what exactly he can do. But, maybe against the Clipps and Grizzlies he can see some action. But, the guy is huge and has bulk and shouldn't get thrown around like Bradley does.
Old 02-25-2001, 12:47 AM   #10
djb
Administrator

Honestly, I've never seen the guy play, nor have I heard anything real positive about his game. When I commented on the Mavs' eight-man rotation, I didn't realize Booth was out 3-4 weeks due to injury.. So with Booth on IR, then yes I hope Nellie gives Ekezie some mins at center! I don't like seeing Dirk at the 5 either.
Old 02-25-2001, 12:16 PM   #11
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

I'd rather see him play Mark Bryant at the 5 rather than Ekezie.
Old 02-25-2001, 10:38 PM   #12
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Hales, why do you think Bryant over Ekezie? Im not familiar with Ekezie either but rebounding seems to be his forte from what I've read. I'd go with Bryant to at center if it keeps Dirk from playing that spot. I still think Bradley should start so Dirk can play the 3. At least use Ekezie for a few minutes if Bradley is in foul trouble. I'd rather him foul out than Dirk.
Old 02-25-2001, 11:03 PM   #13

Either Bryant or Ekezie I guess. I'd rather use Mark against guys like Shaq and Dikembe because he has more experience. But I agree, either one is better than using Dirk at the 5.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:05 PM   #14
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Donny did right the other night putting in NaJERARA.. he is good. plays with a lot of pazzaz, IMHOHO. i like the way his hair flops around when he is jacking threes in garbage time, too.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:38 PM   #15
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

you really bumped a 9 year old thread
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:37 AM   #16
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hales233 View Post
I'd rather see him play Mark Bryant at the 5 rather than Ekezie.
Hahahaha Mark Bryant over Ekezie.....

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:23 PM   #17
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
you really bumped a 9 year old thread
And take special note in how a thread started by a moderator (at the time), replied to by three other moderators, opened with "shit load" and no language police.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
i miss guest., i miss your mom.