Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-16-2013, 12:31 AM   #1
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thanks for stepping up: Appreciation thread

Crowder: This guy is playing solid in the absence of Marion. He is really a contributor and a gritty player overall. If anyone can appreciate what Crowder is doing it's Marion. I think he deserves a little more credit than he gets.

B Wright: He has been ready to go lately. Regardless of the playing time he rarely seems rusty and I haven't heard him complain yet.

Roddy: He has stepped up his game even tho he can't find solid minutes all damn season. Clearly these games (Cleveland) make it even more puzzling to watch him sit.

These guys show they can play yet Crowder is the only one that has gotten consistent play. This is going to be an interesting off season. I want to see them all play well and stick around.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2013, 12:50 AM   #2
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Good thread. I only watched on and off tonight, but I loved Jae's work on the boards. Saw him win several tough defensive rebounds against a bigger guy. The ceiling with him may not be through the roof, but the quality of play is very respectable, the consistency of effort clearly leaves nothing to be desired, and that 2nd round rookie scale contract makes him a really nice value.

Brandan's recent contributions are likewise praiseworthy. Not based on anything more than a hunch, but I tend to think the odds are in favor of him sticking with the team as a rotation player.

Roddy. Man I really would love it if whatever the problem has been between what Rick's expecting and what Roddy's doing can get solved between now and the end of the season. Still love his talent, and just generally like him, as well. I guess we'll see.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 03-16-2013 at 12:52 AM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:30 AM   #3
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Crowder with 14 rebounds against the Cavs. Keep it up young gun!
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:35 AM   #4
DGM
Banned

DGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really nice

Crowder plays hard and he plays strong defense. He played hard vs. Kobe but Kobe made circus shots. Maybe his strength will help vs. Durant.
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:40 AM   #5
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

It would suck to get rid of any of these guys this summer.

Crowder has really improved his defense and rebounding over the course of the season. I was sold with his D job on Kobe.

Last night against Cleveland was the first time in a long time that Roddy got that terminator in his eye. When he plays like that, he is almost unstoppable. Please coaching staff...find out what makes this kid play like that and continue to give him some off guard minutes.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 03-16-2013 at 09:40 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:42 AM   #6
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

So, can RC now take Kaman out of the S5 and maybe the rotation? Start James or Wright with Brand coming off the bench.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:31 PM   #7
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah. I'm disappointed in Kaman and about done with him. I find it very hard to believe he makes it back here. Unless he signs for pennys. Not many teams wants his lack of effort + lack of defense. He looked out of it from the very beginning last night and I don't think he got back in the game after the quick yank.

I wonder as the season goes on who ends up with valid praise in this thread. Hopefully it remains Wright, Crowder and Roddy. I'd love to throw RC in here too for fn playing them.

Old 03-22-2013, 11:53 PM   #8
SMC0007
Guru

B.Wright with a huge game. Showing once again that it would be silly to let him walk. HE's a ptp'er baaabbbbbyyy!

Old 03-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #9
bobdole22

bobdole22 has a spectacular aura aboutbobdole22 has a spectacular aura about

Brandon Wright will be a consistent minute guy after this year. No matter what team he ends up on. (I hope we keep him.)

Stop trying to luck out in free agency like the Heat and built a team the right way.

bobdole22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:25 AM   #10
SMC0007
Guru

Mike James with another good game. Thanks for stepping up son! Playing well, knocking down open shots and shooting the 3 ball really well lately.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #11
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

B. Wright - Freaking re-sign this guy and consistently play him off the bench when Dirk sits. In the case Dirk has to miss games, he can start and would be effective. My criticism of him has been he always seems a step slow defensively. But he shown some solid improvement in that area. As Dirk's numbers dwindle over the next few years, we might have a nice transition to him as a starter. Not that he could ever really fill Dirk's shoes, but he's certainly an above competent player.

Kaman - Has to go, we simply do not need his style of play on this team.

Crowder - He should come cheap, I say keep him. But he need to be given a tighter leash offensively than he's been given this year. Work on that defense...

Roddy B - Not interested.

Mike James - He should come cheap. Honestly, I can see re-signing him to come off the bench as 3rd string. If they can tighten up the offensive leash, he could maybe even be the 2nd string. Despite his good game last night, the guy hasn't shown any consistency offensively to be given free reign to shoot and shouldn't be starting. He is a scrappy defender which might match up against some other teams second tier players, but no match for any starters. In limited minutes, he might be more effective.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #12
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

James as anything more than Armstrong in his last season on the team would be simply unacceptable moving forward.

And yes, Wright must stay. I think coach will pull for him, as he clearly thinks Wright turned a corner midway through the season.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:53 AM   #13
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk's Knee View Post
B. Wright - Freaking re-sign this guy and consistently play him off the bench when Dirk sits. In the case Dirk has to miss games, he can start and would be effective. My criticism of him has been he always seems a step slow defensively. But he shown some solid improvement in that area. As Dirk's numbers dwindle over the next few years, we might have a nice transition to him as a starter. Not that he could ever really fill Dirk's shoes, but he's certainly an above competent player.

Crowder - He should come cheap, I say keep him. But he need to be given a tighter leash offensively than he's been given this year. Work on that defense...

Mike James - He should come cheap. Honestly, I can see re-signing him to come off the bench as 3rd string. If they can tighten up the offensive leash, he could maybe even be the 2nd string. Despite his good game last night, the guy hasn't shown any consistency offensively to be given free reign to shoot and shouldn't be starting. He is a scrappy defender which might match up against some other teams second tier players, but no match for any starters. In limited minutes, he might be more effective.

No doubt about Wright. He must be re-signed.

I think James is the best PG on the team right now. He is shooting 3 ptr at 40% on the season and even better in the last 10ish games. It's unfortunate that we have to conclude this, but it is a fact....in my opinion . We just have no other real option that is better.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:13 AM   #14
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk's Knee View Post

Wright's definitely a no-brainer.

Crowder is under a rookie contract and is a great piece (considering he was a 2nd rounder) for the next few years.

Roddy had his chances, he will be gone.

Mike James, as well as he has been playing, and it's been nice, should not be back. We will have to upgrade the PG position this offseason and I hope he isn't in the cards (maaaybe as a 3rd option of the bench).
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:42 PM   #15
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
James as anything more than Armstrong in his last season on the team would be simply unacceptable moving forward.

And yes, Wright must stay. I think coach will pull for him, as he clearly thinks Wright turned a corner midway through the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
No doubt about Wright. He must be re-signed.

I think James is the best PG on the team right now. He is shooting 3 ptr at 40% on the season and even better in the last 10ish games. It's unfortunate that we have to conclude this, but it is a fact....in my opinion . We just have no other real option that is better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Wright's definitely a no-brainer.

Crowder is under a rookie contract and is a great piece (considering he was a 2nd rounder) for the next few years.

Roddy had his chances, he will be gone.

Mike James, as well as he has been playing, and it's been nice, should not be back. We will have to upgrade the PG position this offseason and I hope he isn't in the cards (maaaybe as a 3rd option of the bench).
As bad as Mike James has been at times (especially at first), I see no issues keeping him as a 3rd stringer (the idea he's going to improve in any way at his age is far fetched, I admit) simply for the fact that I think it is beneficial to team chemistry to keep as many pieces around as you can from season to season. As we are certainly going to pick up a starting (and probably a backup) PG, might be good to have him around just from the POV of (trying to) help the new guys adapt to the system and to keep RC happy that he has a certain percentage veterans on the roster. If nothing else, he should be able to play trash minutes and get a couple corner 3s rather than keeping a second stringer out there since RC typically won't play a rookie. (which leads to)...

So use to RC ignoring rookies, I forgot Crowder was on a rookie for a second when I responded! Yep, Crowder will be back...unless we trade him...
Old 03-25-2013, 06:34 PM   #16
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Mike James as the 15th guy on the bench next season... I have no problem with that.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:59 PM   #17
SMC0007
Guru

The crowd at the AAC. They were ready for war all night. I loved how they booed Lame R Odumb for hours !! I was laughin and at one point had a hard on. wait... anyway. The crowd was a factor. Thanks for stepping up.

I haven't seen that much grit, fight and determination since our championship run!