Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #1
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute
Default Summer League Game 2 Recap

Boy... that was f*cking ugly. More in depth analysis?
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2013, 08:02 PM   #2
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I still like Gal in terms of backup point guard potential. Takes too much work and time for him to get his jumper up though. He's going to have to keep working on that. He should have had at least 3 more assists, but his teammates couldn't finish.

Jae is so perplexing.

They certainly missed Sarge in today's game.

Ledo is going to be a Frisco player for pretty much the whole year.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:04 PM   #3
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Tbh I really didn't see a single player out there that will have an impact with the nba team. Crowder included.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:49 PM   #4
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
Tbh I really didn't see a single player out there that will have an impact with the nba team. Crowder included.
This is silly.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:03 PM   #5
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Mekelangelo really needs to speed up his mechanics shooting the ball. And I have confidence that Rick will work with him on that. He reminds me of a pitcher who has this elaborate windup before throwing the pitch.

Everything else he does on the court is pretty nice. That floater is nice. If Roddy had that in his arsenal he would still be in the league. The giant killer is one of the biggest weapons that a guard can have in the NBA because not all guards can get to the rim.

Crowder is frustrating. I really hope he has been working on his standstill 3 point shooting (especially corner 3s....).

And yeah they missed a big today. Ndyae or however you spell it is pretty terrible. And the other guys just aren't that productive inside. One of them thinks he is Dirk out there.

Last edited by Bayliss; 07-14-2013 at 09:05 PM.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:14 PM   #6
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I still like Gal in terms of backup point guard potential. Takes too much work and time for him to get his jumper up though. He's going to have to keep working on that. He should have had at least 3 more assists, but his teammates couldn't finish.

Jae is so perplexing.

They certainly missed Sarge in today's game.

Ledo is going to be a Frisco player for pretty much the whole year.
Gal is a baller. Excellent vision, moves with purpose and probes defenses. Also has excellent dexterity for passes. The spacing was mostly bad, though and the guys couldn't finish or he could have easily had 8-9 assists. I started counting all the missed assists he had and I got up to 6-7 by the end of the third quarter. Jumper is going to hold him back a bit, but he can hit the three ball and he has no fear going in for teardrop runners or layups and is pretty effective on the drive at least. He reminds me a lot of Jason Kidd down to his build and his lack of range on his jumper early in his career. Mekel always moves with purpose, though so it's hard for teams to simply let him drive knowing that he'll kick it. He's also crafty with his dribble and controls his speed well. He's no speed demon but he drives smartly, has good handles and knows what angles he's looking for. Only a couple of times did he have his drive cut off and even then he was smart to pivot into a shot or make the safe pass back out instead of making a risky pass through tough coverage. He's easily the best surprise of the summer league for me.

Jae is getting into form. He was trying to defend Zeller while the rest of the team missed defensive assignments and he slid all over the place trying to help with missed assignments. He's a solid player who started finding his groove and range in the second half. He's just 6" shorter than Zeller and would have had a pretty decent time if he had just been on Zeller, but lots of zones and defensive crapouts today, which is why he wasn't effective defensively and picked up 8 fouls.

Ledo is pretty hot/cold, but he had some nice hustle plays and a few amazing drives. When he gets smarter with his dribble and the spacing is better, he could be great. I can see why talent scouts thought he was a top-3 high school prospect, but he may take a year or two to get into form. Still a talented 6'6" guy. He picked up some rebounds, steals and assists that were pretty nifty. I'll have to see more to see where he's at, because game 1 he did almost nothing but shot well. Today he shot poorly but made up for it with hustle.

Akognon is a baller. Guy has a great jumper and pretty good handles. He doesn't look to pass nearly as much as he should, but he's deadly enough offensively to be a nice change-up/JET-type that can provide instant-offense.

Dentmon - filled it up today but he's just not that great. He's a guard that does well on the drive and can occasionally hit a jumper, but stops looking for teammates as soon as he takes his first dribble.

James was missed. Cha went inside all they wanted in the first half and probably could have gone in more in the second half. NDiaye is about as raw as they come and they abused him. About 40% of the first half Crowder was the PF and that wasn't good. It's good to see Crowder defend PFs as a growth opportunity, but it didn't help us win at all. We lost the rebounding race by a lot. This summer league roster really lacks talent beyond the SF position other than James. Our bigs are rough.

Still, we won quarters 3 and 4, keeping us at .500. We're 4-0 in the second halves of the first two games and 0-4 in first halves. At least we finish well. It's strange that seeding for the summer tourney is based on quarter wins and not games. A gutsy, come-back win yesterday only got us .500 and a blowout followed by a decent comeback today netted the same results.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-14-2013 at 10:26 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:15 PM   #7
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Time to panic from an summer league loss! Really though, Crowder must consistently work on attacking the basket more than shooting constantly.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:31 PM   #8
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Gal is a baller. Excellent vision, moves with purpose and probes defenses. Also has excellent dexterity for passes. The spacing was mostly bad, though and the guys couldn't finish or he could have easily had 8-9 assists. I started counting all the missed assists he had and I got up to 6-7 by the end of the third quarter. Jumper is going to hold him back a bit, but he can hit the three ball and he has no fear going in for teardrop runners or layups and is pretty effective on the drive at least. He reminds me a lot of Jason Kidd down to his build and his lack of range on his jumper early in his career. Mekel always moves with purpose, though so it's hard for teams to simply let him drive knowing that he'll kick it. He's also crafty with his dribble and controls his speed well. He's no speed demon but he drives smartly, has good handles and knows what angles he's looking for. Only a couple of times did he have his drive cut off and even then he was smart to pivot into a shot or make the safe pass back out instead of making a risky pass through tough coverage. He's easily the best surprise of the summer league for me.

Jae is getting into form. He was trying to defend Zeller while the rest of the team missed defensive assignments and he slid all over the place trying to help with missed assignments. He's a solid player who started finding his groove and range in the second half. He's just 6" shorter than Zeller and would have had a pretty decent time if he had just been on Zeller, but lots of zones and defensive crapouts today, which is why he wasn't effective defensively and picked up 8 fouls.

Ledo is pretty hot/cold, but he had some nice hustle plays and a few amazing drives. When he gets smarter with his dribble and the spacing is better, he could be great. I can see why talent scouts thought he was a top-3 high school prospect, but he may take a year or two to get into form. Still a talented 6'6" guy. He picked up some rebounds, steals and assists that were pretty nifty. I'll have to see more to see where he's at, because game 1 he did almost nothing but shot well. Today he shot poorly but made up for it with hustle.

Akognon is a baller. Guy has a great jumper and pretty good handles. He doesn't look to pass nearly as much as he should, but he's deadly enough offensively to be a nice change-up/JET-type that can provide instant-offense.

Dentmon - filled it up today but he's just not that great. He's a guard that does well on the drive and can occasionally hit a jumper, but stops looking for teammates as soon as he takes his first dribble.

James was missed. Cha went inside all they wanted in the first half and probably could have gone in more in the second half. NDiaye is about as raw as they come and they abused him. About 40% of the first half Crowder was the PF and that wasn't good. It's good to see Crowder defend PFs as a growth opportunity, but it didn't help us win at all. We lost the rebounding race by a lot. This summer league roster really lacks talent beyond the SF position other than James. Our bigs are rough.

Still, we won quarters 3 and 4, keeping us at .500. We're 4-0 in the second halves of the first two games and 0-4 in first halves. At least we finish well. It's strange that seeding for the summer tourney is based on quarter wins and not games. A gutsy, come-back win yesterday only got us .500 and a blowout followed by a decent comeback today netted the same results.

Nice analysis Erica
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:22 PM   #9
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post

Don't disagree with any of that. The only intriguing factor would've been: what would the situation be if Larkin was healthy when it comes to Mekel?
Old 07-15-2013, 02:37 AM   #10
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Larkin can shoot better. Mekel can run the point better. Tough choice IMO.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:03 AM   #11
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not pretty impressed with Mekel so far.

Last edited by Kante; 07-15-2013 at 04:03 AM.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:42 AM   #12
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
Larkin can shoot better. Mekel can run the point better. Tough choice IMO.
So you've seen Larkin in summer league?
Old 07-15-2013, 06:44 AM   #13
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
Pretty decent game running the point if he could be surrounded by scorers. Very worrisome that he can't score in summer league. He'd be absolutely shut down in the nba.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:54 AM   #14
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What an awkwardly-worded statement.

I'm surprised that anyone would think that. Mekel looks like he has the potential to be an electrifying playmaker. Shot needs work but he made some incredible passes these past couple of games.

Last edited by spreedom; 07-15-2013 at 09:01 AM.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #15
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post

I'm surprised that anyone would think that. Mekel looks like he has the potential to be an electrifying playmaker. Shot needs work but he made some incredible passes these past couple of games.
Might I suggest the grammar police cut slack for posters who are not native English speakers. Whenever I see a weirdly worded post, I check to see where its from. In High school, I failed to learn French, Latin and Spanish, so I have mercy on any who try English.

Personally, I'm a big Mekel fan and hope he makes strides and gets minutes. He does what I want a Mavs PG to do.

Last edited by G-Man; 07-15-2013 at 10:34 AM.
G-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:43 AM   #16
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Sorry if it sounds a bit odd, the next poster explained why it was/is the case.

I did not saw the whole games, in the minutes i watched he was pretty so-so. His shot needs absolutely some work. Shame that Larkin is out.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:43 AM   #17
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Might I suggest the grammar police cut slack for posters who are not native English speakers. Whenever I see a weirdly worded post, I check to see where its from. In High school, I failed to learn French, Latin and Spanish, so I have mercy on any who try English.

Personally, I'm a big Mekel fan and hope he makes strides and gets minutes. He does what I want a Mavs PG to do.

Last edited by G-Man; 07-15-2013 at 10:44 AM.
G-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:50 AM   #18
GermanBlitzkrieg

GermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura about

Sometimes I wonder what the players are being told by the coaches. Mekel seems very reluctant to shoot, and I'm wondering if that may be by design right now. He runs the team very well, but needs to hit some jumpers. Ledo intrigues me. He looks like he's tentative, and considering he's young, and hasn't played college level or Summer League level ball in over a year, I think he's done well. Flashes of real talent. Akognon hits some nice shots, definitely trying to make a team somewhere. The team is trying to get certain players more ready than others, like Mekel and Crowder. I wonder if Mekel's and Akognon's play and the signing of Ellis has something to do with Harris's "toe" concerns. Anyway, it's summer league and some basketball to watch. And that's a good thing.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #19
BGMaverick9
Guru

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...e-qa-gal-mekel

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...nigma-for-mavs
Old 07-15-2013, 01:34 PM   #20
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Mekel shot makes me cringe. It looks lifeless and without range. Like what he does everywhere else though
Old 07-15-2013, 07:41 PM   #21
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

Ledo is quite a player, he has all the tools to be a special player. what surprise me so far is his passing and court vision and how well he handle the ball.

Of all the players I saw so far C.J McCollum looks so impressive....The Draft gods paying back to the blazers.
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #22
zakarumes

zakarumes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Mekel shot makes me cringe. It looks lifeless and without range. Like what he does everywhere else though
As a Macabi Haifa fan i can tell you he can hit the three pointer, but the way he shoots isnt really good. He had a game this season he scored 32 points shooting 4\7 3pt and 8\11 inside. He also had 34% from the 3pt through out the season.

And sorry for my bad english ofc
zakarumes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:10 PM   #23
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakarumes View Post
As a Macabi Haifa fan i can tell you he can hit the three pointer, but the way he shoots isnt really good. He had a game this season he scored 32 points shooting 4\7 3pt and 8\11 inside. He also had 34% from the 3pt through out the season.

And sorry for my bad english ofc
Your English is fine...

Is the 3-point line the same distance from the hoop in Israel as it is in the NBA?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:12 PM   #24
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe View Post
Ledo is quite a player, he has all the tools to be a special player. what surprise me so far is his passing and court vision and how well he handle the ball.

Of all the players I saw so far C.J McCollum looks so impressive....The Draft gods paying back to the blazers.

Yea, and wasn't he available when we drafted?

Old 07-15-2013, 09:15 PM   #25
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Yea, and wasn't he available when we drafted?
Nope. Went 10th. I saw it reported somewhere that if him, Burke or MCW had fallen Dallas would have kept the 13th pick.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:27 AM   #26
zakarumes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Your English is fine...

Is the 3-point line the same distance from the hoop in Israel as it is in the NBA?
Didnt think about that, you are right, its closer to the hoop in Israel.
But im 100% sure he can improve his shot, he is known for his hardworking
Old 07-16-2013, 07:41 AM   #27
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
He's an ok shooter when wide open, and will make the open 3-pointer more often than not. Otherwise, yeah, he's not a shooter, and shouldn't be counted on to make shots. I like his game overall too.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 07-16-2013 at 07:41 AM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:52 AM   #28
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sorry if it sounds a bit odd, the next poster explained why it was/is the case.

I did not saw the whole games, in the minutes i watched he was pretty so-so. His shot needs absolutely some work. Shame that Larkin is out.
My bad. Apologies.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:50 AM   #29
BGMaverick9
Guru

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...-qa-ricky-ledo
Old 07-16-2013, 01:44 PM   #30
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

just read this whole thread...MAN! There are some radically diverse opinions on Gal going on.

As some others, I noticed the slowness of his release right away. He'll HAVE to tune that thing up to make any progress in the League.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 07-16-2013 at 01:45 PM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:52 PM   #31
BGMaverick9
Guru

Got to really watch their practice today and Gal continues to impress me. He's doing a really good job taking control of things when things slow down in practice and does such impressive things when he gets rolling with the ball.

The lob he had to end practice had me floored.

He's savvy on defense. It's clear his challenges will be shooting and the footwork on defense, but he's smart enough to figure out how to work around those issues as he continues to get better at fixing them.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:00 PM   #32
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
He's an ok shooter when wide open, and will make the open 3-pointer more often than not. Otherwise, yeah, he's not a shooter, and shouldn't be counted on to make shots. I like his game overall too.
I actually thought his shot looks pretty decent off the dribble -- e.g. when fading away or when pulling up for the quick jumper. It's just his set shot -- e.g. in catch and shoot situations -- looks way too slow and uncomfortable mechanically.

Last edited by jleefilled; 07-16-2013 at 03:05 PM.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:42 PM   #33
BGMaverick9
Guru

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...to-ricky-rubio
Old 07-16-2013, 03:50 PM   #34
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's EXACTLY who I've been thinking of when I watch Mekel.

Old 07-16-2013, 04:21 PM   #35
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Got to really watch their practice today and Gal continues to impress me. He's doing a really good job taking control of things when things slow down in practice and does such impressive things when he gets rolling with the ball.

The lob he had to end practice had me floored.

He's savvy on defense. It's clear his challenges will be shooting and the footwork on defense, but he's smart enough to figure out how to work around those issues as he continues to get better at fixing them.
Who was the lob to?

Old 07-16-2013, 04:27 PM   #36
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Who was the lob to?
A moving Hamady N’Diaye. He threw it to a spot and N'Diaye grabbed it.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:43 PM   #37
zakarumes

Quote:
A moving Hamady N’Diaye. He threw it to a spot and N'Diaye grabbed it.
Is there a link by any chance?
Old 07-16-2013, 08:52 PM   #38
SeanL

SeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these parts

how can we watch game three? It's not going to be on NBA tv
SeanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:19 PM   #39
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanL View Post
how can we watch game three? It's not going to be on NBA tv
Not sure, but Gal is having himself a nice game already -- 6 points on 3-3 shooting, 7 assists, 2 steals, and 1 turnover in 11 minutes.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:27 PM   #40
Underdog

I'm guessing this game isn't televised because we're playing against the D-League Spare Parts?

(seriously, wtf is NBA D-LEAGUE SELECT?)

Last edited by Underdog; 07-16-2013 at 10:27 PM.