Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-13-2017, 01:58 PM   #1
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute
Default Going to my first game IN Dallas

Hey all,

It's been a busy few years for me with my new job and grad school, and I haven't made as much time for this forum or the Mavs in general as I would like.

However, that's about to change in a big way! For my birthday this year my girlfriend got me plane tickets and game tickets to see the Mavs in Dallas, as I've been talking about doing for years. I cannot wait!

Any suggestions of places to go while I'm in Dallas? I'm planning on hitting the Arena a couple hours early to check out the shops and things. What do you guys think about trying to get autographs? I imagine that's a pretty slim chance, but worth asking I guess.

So far I have the Kennedy memorial on my list of things to check out, as well as a few restaurants and fast food joints... Anything else I should know about, Mavs related or no?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2017, 04:47 PM   #2
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

How many days/nights? During the week or weekend?

Where are you staying (general area)? Can assume around downtown/uptown/Victory Park area, but you know what happens when you assume...

Car or no?

Hope you have a great time, the games are fun, even in a down year.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 09:17 PM   #3
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
For my birthday this year my girlfriend got me plane tickets and game tickets to see the Mavs in Dallas, as I've been talking about doing for years. I cannot wait!
Sounds like a keeper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Car or no?
This is the big question when it comes to Dallas... What one can or can't do completely hinges on the answer.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 11:15 AM   #4
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

You could conceivably get around by the dart rail or bus (bus system sucks here, dart rail is decent), but renting a car will make your life much easier.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 02:50 AM   #5
SoCalMavFan

SoCalMavFan is on a distinguished road
Default Also making first trip to Dallas

I'll be very interested in following your thread. I'm surprising my 16 yr old son by taking him to his first mavericks game to see his favorite team and player, Dirk. Plane tickets already purchased, just need to decide if mid section 117 lower or 218 Platinum is best for taking in the whole experience. Would appreciate feedback from those most familiar with the arena.

I have heard it is best to get there early to soak it all in before tip off. Are there any "must do" recommandations.
SoCalMavFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 10:06 AM   #6
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Id definitely rent a car.

We enjoyed Deep Ellum for a bite to eat and we caught a random band that turned out to be decent. Cool little area for a few hours

6th floor museum
Old 01-31-2017, 10:04 PM   #7
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I didn't get back to the thread, but I have a story for you guys!

Before I left I sent Mark Cuban an email to let him know my situation (how long I'd been a fan, where I live, etc) and just asking if the players ever do signings before the game. A few hours later the VP of marketing and communications emailed me back saying that Mark sent the message along and that she would help in getting my Dirk jersey signed. We communicated back and forth a bit and during the game she came and got my jersey. She offered to mail it to me because it wouldn't work out time-wise that day. It just arrived today and it's awesome! Even personalized.

I couldn't believe that Mark actually read my email and followed through like that.

Another side note- I almost missed the game! My gf and I didn't read that the time of the game had been pushed up 2 hours. Luckily, I wanted to get there about an hour and a half early so we only missed the first quarter-ish... but how horrible would that have been?

Dallas was great but we didn't get to do much besides that. I'm definitely down to travel there again.
Old 01-31-2017, 10:15 PM   #8
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Sorry I didn't get back to the thread, but I have a story for you guys!

Before I left I sent Mark Cuban an email to let him know my situation (how long I'd been a fan, where I live, etc) and just asking if the players ever do signings before the game. A few hours later the VP of marketing and communications emailed me back saying that Mark sent the message along and that she would help in getting my Dirk jersey signed. We communicated back and forth a bit and during the game she came and got my jersey. She offered to mail it to me because it wouldn't work out time-wise that day. It just arrived today and it's awesome! Even personalized.

I couldn't believe that Mark actually read my email and followed through like that.

Another side note- I almost missed the game! My gf and I didn't read that the time of the game had been pushed up 2 hours. Luckily, I wanted to get there about an hour and a half early so we only missed the first quarter-ish... but how horrible would that have been?

Dallas was great but we didn't get to do much besides that. I'm definitely down to travel there again.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 12:09 AM   #9
fluid.forty.one

Old 02-01-2017, 11:24 PM   #10
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Nice to see you active again, fluid.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 11:19 AM   #11
fluid.forty.one

Flew out for the game last night - if you were at the game I was the guy from Portland hopping in the chip bag shooting the layup during the 3rd quarter timeout hahah (I lost)