Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-06-2021, 11:38 PM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default GDT: game 8 - Mavs (3-4) at Nuggies (3-4) 9:00 FSSW

Late game
Nugs favored in Vegas
Both teams underperforming
Both teams come in at 3-4

Who underunderperforms more?

injury report
Burke - sick (non-Covid?) - did not travel
KP - knee - practicing but not cleared for full contact?

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-06-2021 at 11:48 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2021, 07:11 AM   #2
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

In light of TB not playing - I hope that Brunson continues his scoring the way he was the last 2 games.
Will we see WCS with the starting unit again tonight? - I hope we do.
dirt_dobber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 10:19 AM   #3
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
In light of TB not playing - I hope that Brunson continues his scoring the way he was the last 2 games.
Will we see WCS with the starting unit again tonight? - I hope we do.
If WCS does not start tonight, I'm going to pull my hair out! Wait -- I don't have any hair!
tgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 10:44 AM   #4
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgfan View Post
If WCS does not start tonight, I'm going to pull my hair out! Wait -- I don't have any hair!
What if its Boby?
Old 01-07-2021, 11:34 AM   #5
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Burke being out is more ammo to bring THJ off the bench. The offensive firepower in the 2nd unit will be needed.

This could be a valuable experience for Willie starting but it's hard to ignore Bobans last effort vs Denver. Boby definitely expected the rocky mountains to be a little more rocky than that...John Denver is full of shit man.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 12:05 PM   #6
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
What if its Boby?
I'm down with that.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 01:23 PM   #7
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
What if its Boby?
LOL, that's funny.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 01:58 PM   #8
FromSloveniaWithLove

FromSloveniaWithLove is just really niceFromSloveniaWithLove is just really niceFromSloveniaWithLove is just really niceFromSloveniaWithLove is just really niceFromSloveniaWithLove is just really niceFromSloveniaWithLove is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgfan View Post
Agreed, but there was something interesting i've heard from RC on YouTube on practice report.

Sometimes we think that its stupid to - for example send WCS out of the game for no apparent reason.. But Carlisle made a comment regarding the game vs Rockets. He said WCS asked him to get him out of the game after six minutes playing because he was so exhausted. As if he gave 150% into those First six mins of the game.. And then he send him back on court after some time.

So maybe this is happening more often to all players when RC makes some (for us) "irrational" decision or so we think..

I think that he will not change the starters until KP comes back next week. I am almost sure that WCS will be a starter along Luka.. Hopefully along KP and Luka too!

Last edited by FromSloveniaWithLove; 01-07-2021 at 02:00 PM.
FromSloveniaWithLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 02:53 PM   #9
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Does anyone else think it's unfair that Jokic isn't getting any MVP support?

Dude has been nothing short of amazing this year. Read a report where that he was embarrassed about how he started off last year out of shape and this year he made it a point to start off right.

Last edited by Dallas41; 01-07-2021 at 02:53 PM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 03:17 PM   #10
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Does anyone else think it's unfair that Jokic isn't getting any MVP support?

Dude has been nothing short of amazing this year. Read a report where that he was embarrassed about how he started off last year out of shape and this year he made it a point to start off right.
I mean they have a losing record which is partly why but even Doncic has gotten some talk and we have the same record.

24-12-12 is a heck of a line to go with 61% shooting and 47% from three.
Old 01-07-2021, 03:17 PM   #11
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

MPJ listed as doubtful but also completely cleared from Covid protocol apparently?
Old 01-07-2021, 04:24 PM   #12
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
What if its Boby?
Lol, I'm good with him as well!
Old 01-07-2021, 04:52 PM   #13
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

MPJ won’t play

Dude is an offensive beast but a defensive sieve
Old 01-07-2021, 08:21 PM   #14
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Mavs will either be 3-5 or return to .500
Old 01-07-2021, 08:30 PM   #15
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I want a close game and a buzzer beater...for the win

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 09:21 PM   #16
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

If we had a healthy KP I wouldn’t be worried about this game because I do think Denver got a little worse losing Grant. If MPJ can’t go I feel good if we get a repeat performance from Houston.
Old 01-07-2021, 09:36 PM   #17
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Willie starting!

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 09:49 PM   #18
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Willie starting!
Same lineup as last game fellas! Let’s rock TNT
Old 01-07-2021, 09:58 PM   #19
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Pumped to be able to watch this game on TV and not some shitty stream. Not sure I’ll make it to the end of this one. These late tip offs are killer.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 10:17 PM   #20
tgfan
Golden Member

Maxi forces the turnover!
Old 01-07-2021, 10:17 PM   #21
Melonhead
Guru

Boban would wreck on this team.

Trill is active again
Old 01-07-2021, 10:18 PM   #22
tgfan
Golden Member

Uhgg, getting run out the gym.
Old 01-07-2021, 10:19 PM   #23
Melonhead
Guru

Welp defense is nice but zero offense. Kinda need Luka to generate here
Old 01-07-2021, 10:20 PM   #24
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

2 points in 4 min
Old 01-07-2021, 10:21 PM   #25
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Too many extra passes seems to be the issue right now

They are passing up shots trying to make the extra pass
Old 01-07-2021, 10:21 PM   #26
tgfan
Golden Member

Got to stop throwing the ball away.
Old 01-07-2021, 10:21 PM   #27
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

WCS 100%

Rest of team 0%

We just need three Willies and we’ll shoot 60%
Old 01-07-2021, 10:23 PM   #28
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow.
Old 01-07-2021, 10:23 PM   #29
tgfan
Golden Member

Denver is getting in the lane a lot, while the Mavs are messing around the perimeter.
Old 01-07-2021, 10:24 PM   #30
Melonhead
Guru

God this team is the most inconsistent game to game
Old 01-07-2021, 10:24 PM   #31
BPo001
Diamond Member

Luka with an open midrange jumper and passes the ball. He needs to just drive when we need a bucket.
Old 01-07-2021, 10:24 PM   #32
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

On pace for a 32-88 loss

Keeping them to 88 is excellent
Old 01-07-2021, 10:25 PM   #33
tgfan
Golden Member

Nice, JRich drives the lane, gets a call!
Old 01-07-2021, 10:26 PM   #34
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Nice block by Willie
Old 01-07-2021, 10:26 PM   #35
Melonhead
Guru

What a concept. You CAN shoot inside the 3 point line. Maybe even take it to the rim?
Old 01-07-2021, 10:26 PM   #36
tgfan
Golden Member

Boban sighting!
Old 01-07-2021, 10:28 PM   #37
tgfan
Golden Member

Why is Luka chucking step-back threes, now that Boban is in the lane? Now THJ chucks a three and misses while Boban is in the lane.
Old 01-07-2021, 10:28 PM   #38
Melonhead
Guru

Are you shitting me with this offense
Old 01-07-2021, 10:28 PM   #39
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Defense is actually pretty solid
Old 01-07-2021, 10:29 PM   #40
BPo001
Diamond Member

Mavs are lucky Denver is missing shots too.