Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-24-2002, 05:30 PM   #1
Stressboy91

Stressboy91 is on a distinguished road

First off I know that this will get lots of those no way comments, so keep them to yourself. Contructive criticism would be nice. I have come up with a way for a lot of teams to come out winners in the Lewis S&T, so here goes.

Seattle Trades: Lewis 8 Mil(BYC 4.5), Booth 5 Mil Total 9.5 Mil
Seattle Receives: Ricky Davis 6mil, Wilcox 1mil, Chris Mihm 2.2mil Total 9.2

Cleveland Trades: Zydrunas Illgauskas 12.3mil, Andre Miller 2.5mil, Chris Mihm 2.2, Ricky Davis 6mil(BYC 3mil) 4 years starting at 6. Total 20mil
Cleveland Receives: Nick Van Excel 10mil, Lamar Odom 3.5mil, Calvin Booth 5mil, Melvin Ely 1 mil total 19.5mil

Dallas Trades: Van Excel 10mil, Najera 4mil(BYC 2mil), Avery Johnson 5mil Total 18
Dallas Receives: Zydrunas Illgauskas 12.3mil, Rashard Lewis 8mil, Dooling 2mil Total 20.3

Clippers Trade: Lamar Odom 3.5mil, Wilcox 1mil, Dooling 2mil, Ely 1 mil Total 7.5 mil
Clippers Receive: Andre Miller 2.4mil, Najera 4mil, Avery Johnson 5 mil Total 11.4mil

Seattle gets a SF, the PF they need and a cheaper center than booth.
Cleveland gets a whole starting lineup.
Clippers get the PG they wanted without giving up Miles and taking on a salary that expires in 2 years.
Dallas get the SF we wanted, a backup PG if healthy, and the inside scoring if healthy.

I would prefer to just work through the Clipps and give them AJ and Najera to get Lewis, but this way, they get something they really want so they might want to facilitate it.

Stressboy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2002, 05:32 PM   #2
Dirk77
Banned

Dirk77 is on a distinguished road

Ricky Davis isn't going anywhere.
Dirk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 05:44 PM   #3
Stressboy91

Stressboy91 is on a distinguished road

If Lamar Odom is taking your spot then you might as move on. I think the Cavs know they can get either Odom or Miles in a clips trade and that is why they are only wanting to pay Davis 3 years 15 mil when he wants 5 years 35 mil. At least that is what is being reported.
Stressboy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 06:56 AM   #4
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Where's Hales?

He'd be all over this Ricky Davis trade like a cheap suit. But I say no, don't do it.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 09:39 AM   #5
Nellie
Golden Member

Nellie is on a distinguished road

Acquiring Lewis isn't that important for us. As long as we got a shot at signing him, I say we investigate it. But I am not in favor of dealing our last tradeable cards to get him because it doesn't address the interior problems which are most important.