Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-24-2002, 12:07 AM   #1
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

ÜberDirk is on a distinguished road

Nellie On Dirk:
"With the ankle, he said what was bothering him wasn’t playing it was coming out and taking his normal rest. Then his ankle would stiffen up and then he wasn’t able to play up to the same intesity."

Mabye why he's played 96 straight minutes.

MJ on Could a jump shooting team like Dallas go all the way without a strong power forward?
"It’s a new era, they certainly have quality basketball players who can score on certain nights. It hasn’t been done, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be done. Either way, they have to go through LA or Sacramento, and you never know. If they can get into a good rhythm, move the ball and force teams to adjust to their style of basketball, they very well could do that. Nellie has always been they type of coach that he’s going to force teams to adjust to his style of play. He’s yet to succeed with winning a championship, but that doesn’t mean he can’t do it with this team. His team is very talented."

Come on, doesn't Griff start at sf and Dirk at pf???? lol, and I'd say we have guy's who are more then just quality player's and also, we have guy's, 3 mainly, who don't just score on "certain nights" dirk and mike don't have more then 1 game w/ less then 10 points i don't think.
I dislike MJ's attitude towards the subject.
Old 12-24-2002, 12:16 AM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

MJ sounded pretty right on to me. Nellie hasn't done it, the mavs will HAVE to get tougher defensively to get it done. Doesn't mean they can't, they have the talent, but we WILL have to go through sacramento at least unless the lakers miss out and it's san antoinio instead.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 12:11 PM   #3
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

remember all the way back to the 2 games before washington . . . didn't we have trouble scoring in both of those games angaisnt crappy teams? the point is a 2 or 3 game lapse like that in the playoffs and its all over, we have to find other ways to win besides simply outscoring teams all of the time, which is why we need to get tougher inside. This team is better than last years but i really just see that our strengths have become even stronger and our weaknesses haven't gotten any better. Kind of a scary thought but thats how i see it right now.
Old 12-26-2002, 01:13 PM   #4
COOLJAZZ

COOLJAZZ is on a distinguished road

<< remember all the way back to the 2 games before washington . . . didn't we have trouble scoring in both of those games angaisnt crappy teams? the point is a 2 or 3 game lapse like that in the playoffs and its all over, we have to find other ways to win besides simply outscoring teams all of the time, which is why we need to get tougher inside. This team is better than last years but i really just see that our strengths have become even stronger and our weaknesses haven't gotten any better. Kind of a scary thought but thats how i see it right now. >>

Well put! Amen!
Old 12-26-2002, 02:38 PM   #5
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< but i really just see that our strengths have become even stronger and our weaknesses haven't gotten any better >>

What about our defense? We have lowered 7+ Opp points per game and our OPP FG% by over 3%. Defense wasn't necessarily a strength for us, and still isn't IMO, but we have improved considerably. Considering that one of our best defenders has been out for a while, that's not to shabby in my book.