Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-09-2003, 11:43 AM   #1
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Give details please.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2003, 12:09 PM   #2
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

I say its Ricky Davis when he took over and posturized steve nash on the break. It was unbelievable how far that guy can fly. I wish he would have been in the dunk contest.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 12:19 PM   #3

Member will become famous soon enoughMember will become famous soon enough

Finley when he broke the camera off of one of his slams. I believe it was at San Antonio.
Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 12:28 PM   #4
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Raef had a monster slam earlier this year off an offensive rebound. I just can't remember the game.
Old 02-09-2003, 12:28 PM   #5
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Nájera when....always.
Old 02-09-2003, 01:42 PM   #6
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Finley's back2back slams v. San Antonio
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 02:41 PM   #7
FlyinGK22

FlyinGK22 is on a distinguished road

yes, finley's back to back vs san anton
Rank: #1 in Midwest Division, #1 in Western Conference, #1 in the NBA

Next game: Sun, Feb 23 @ Wizards
FlyinGK22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 03:07 PM   #8
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Defintely Fin's back-to-back slams in the SA game.

MFFL, that Raef dunk is from the Clipper game. Finley missed a baseline jumper and Raef came storming from the other side and sorta windmilled it in while Brand looked on.
Old 02-09-2003, 03:09 PM   #9
TexRich23

TexRich23 is on a distinguished road

Can think of too many dunks as far as the Mavs go, I'm sure it had to be a Finley dunk, since he is really the only Mav that will dunk hard.
Old 02-09-2003, 03:49 PM   #10
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

How about the Wizard? He's thrown down some pretty nice dunks this year. I can't remember the game, but he had an awesome 2 hand behind the back slam in traffic in one game to really inspire us.

Also Griff's dunk over Yao was pretty good.
Old 02-09-2003, 04:28 PM   #11
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta be the back-to-back virtually identical and equally nasty fastbreak slams by Fin in SA.

Old 02-09-2003, 08:32 PM   #12
centrlpark08

centrlpark08 is on a distinguished road

Walt williams against teh sonics at the american airlines center. He di a 360 reverse slam right in the lane.
Old 02-10-2003, 08:36 PM   #13
kepper

kepper is on a distinguished road

central and lrb, I agree strongly!! i cant believe im saying this but walt had the best slam thus far. but dont put it past findog to win the competition in the secound half of the season. kepper
Old 02-10-2003, 08:38 PM   #14
Dirks Cuzin

Dirks Cuzin is on a distinguished road

Central Park, 180 not 360, I agree, Walts one when he broke the sonics zone
Old 02-10-2003, 08:41 PM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

it would have to be the walt slam..i was amazed when it occurred
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 08:46 PM   #16
centrlpark08

centrlpark08 is on a distinguished road

O thanks Cuzin, I forgot how it looked like. I remember watching it and everyone was like oooing and in the arena and I was just shocked to know that he could even dunk like that.
Old 02-23-2003, 10:59 PM   #17
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

BUMP!
here's a pic of Walt's dunk against the sonics

and here's a Fin
this is a subsitute for the dunk on Yao, which is now #1 on Mavs best dunk of the year.(can't find a single pic of it!)
Old 02-23-2003, 11:06 PM   #18
MFFL
Guru

FilthyFin posted this:

Old 02-23-2003, 11:24 PM   #19
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Walts was sweet, but Fin has defintely had the best dunk this year.

That one over Yao will be hard to top, imo. Not saying it can't be done, but I can't imagine any other being as impressive as a 6'7 guard over a 7'5 center.
Old 02-24-2003, 02:27 AM   #20
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< Walts was sweet, but Fin has defintely had the best dunk this year.

That one over Yao will be hard to top, imo. Not saying it can't be done, but I can't imagine any other being as impressive as a 6'7 guard over a 7'5 center.
>>

Well Walt's dunk on the Sonics was my previous favorite by a Mav this year. But I've got to agree with you MFF that the one Fin lay on Yao has got to be tops. He didn't just dunk over a 7'5&quot; center, he dunked over a 7'5&quot; center fully contesting his shot. Welcome to America Yao!
Old 02-24-2003, 04:15 AM   #21
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

I really can't remember what game it was, maybe against Houston, the third time, when fin through up that underhand alley-oop to Dirk for the slam. I think that just says it all, it was beautifully laid out and just a great highlight.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 09:36 AM   #22
Chiwas
Guru

(thanks, just211)
Old 02-24-2003, 09:40 AM   #23
mavs_afroman

mavs_afroman is on a distinguished road

My favorite was Fin's dunk over Yao. Nobody in the league can dunk directly on people like Fin can. Most players already have moment and just use that carry them through a player who was basically just standing there or jumping straight up and down. But, Finley takes the big jumpstop right into them and just goes straight over the top.
Old 02-24-2003, 10:54 AM   #24
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

My fav was Nash's dunk...wait, Nash has never dunked. Nevermind. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 10:59 AM   #25
Chiwas
Guru

<< My fav was Nash's dunk...wait, Nash has never dunked. Nevermind. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] >>

Hehehe.

It is going to be my all time favorite when happens.

How tall is the WNBA's player who dunked it some months ago?
Old 02-24-2003, 11:52 AM   #26
Chiwas
Guru

Lisa Leslie. 6-5. Two more inches than Nash. Coudn't Nash jump a couple of inches more than her?
Old 02-24-2003, 12:08 PM   #27
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

my question is this, is steve actually 6'3?..or is that only an NBA measurement (which sometimes tends to stretch the truth)
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 02:42 PM   #28
DirkNash1341

DirkNash1341 is on a distinguished road

I doubt Nash is 6' 3&quot;. I think more in the 6'1&quot; range though Walton has even called him 5' 11&quot; to 6'.

Also, I read that Nash can, in fact, dunk and that if/when he does one in an NBA game one of his best friends will streak down a major avenue(forget the name) in Vancouver. Now, I completely forget where I read this, so it sounds a little incredible, but I definitley read it. Anyone else remember reading this?
DirkNash1341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 03:26 PM   #29
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Steve Nash is either 6'0 or 6'1.

Changed my mind, it's Adrian Griffin's dunk on Yao Ming in the first meeting against the Rockets.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 02:02 AM   #30
LRB
Guru

<< I doubt Nash is 6' 3&quot;. I think more in the 6'1&quot; range though Walton has even called him 5' 11&quot; to 6'.

Also, I read that Nash can, in fact, dunk and that if/when he does one in an NBA game one of his best friends will streak down a major avenue(forget the name) in Vancouver. Now, I completely forget where I read this, so it sounds a little incredible, but I definitley read it. Anyone else remember reading this?
>>

It was in a DMN article several weeks ago. I think I posted something about it in a thread somewhere. I think that Nash can dunk, but only just barely under optimum circumstances. I'm sure after running around like a head with it's chicken cut off for several minutes, which is the way he plays, would not qualify as optimum circumstances.

BTW with all the drugsfrom that 70's that are still floating in Waltons system I wouldn't count anything he says as very reliable. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]