Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-01-2003, 01:42 PM   #1
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

I love the Mavericks, and Finley is a good player, but...

Micheal Finley is not the best all around player on the Mavericks. To say that is insane.

Dirk Nowitzki is one of the top 5 players in the world today. He is the reason that the Mavericks have the best record in the NBA. Anyone that says Michael Finley is the best player on the Mavericks is lying to themselves.

Does anyone say that Peja is better than Webber?
Does anyone say that Wally is better than Garnett?

No.

Wally and Peja are VERY GOOD basketball players, all star caliber. They are both in Finley's class. They are not franchise talents, but they are great in thier own right. If an impartial observer had to choose between those three, it would be a hard task.

But Dirk Nowitzki is the best player on the Mavericks and anyone who says otherwise does not understand basketball, or, doesn't want to admit that a white boy is the best player on the team with the best record in the NBA.

Hitman

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2003, 02:05 PM   #2
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Hi Hitman, welcome to dallas-mavs.com. I realize you're new, so i'll cut out the sarcasism. This thread has already been posted.

I could see why Barkley thinks Finley is the best player on the Mavs.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 02:21 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

if barkley thinks fin is the best players on the mavs..he loses what little credibility he had
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 03:24 PM   #4
TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 will become famous soon enoughTwoDeep3 will become famous soon enough

Barkley also made some comments about Yao at the beginning of the season that caused him to kiss a donkey.

I believe they were race motivated.

I don't pull the race card ever, but I also believe that Barkley has in this instance.

Just my opinion. I have been wrong before.

Finley has stepped up many times and carried the team to victory. But Dirk saddled the team up and carried them away in the Minn game in a fashion that was unbelievable.

I feel Dirk, up to this point, has believeed this is Finley's team.

Perhaps Nash will make him aware that his heroics in the last game indicates this is his team. He should do that more often.

I don't fault Barkley for what he said. I feel we all have a certain degree of racism in us. Meaning preference.

I just feel his comment was motivated by his bias and is therefore wrong. Wrong in the sense that he named thw wrong player as the best.
Old 02-01-2003, 03:41 PM   #5
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< Barkley also made some comments about Yao at the beginning of the season that caused him to kiss a donkey. >>

Barkley was just looking for an excuse to kiss a little ass. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2003, 04:27 PM   #6
Neger Kalle
Banned

Neger Kalle is on a distinguished road

barkley is just still mad because dirk dunked over him
at the nike hoop heroes tour here in germany!
Neger Kalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 06:02 PM   #7
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

LOL Nerger!
Old 02-01-2003, 06:29 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

What does Neger Kalle mean? I'm curious. And what is the first word in your fiery signature?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 06:30 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

BTW, Charles Barkley is a tool when it comes to commentating on the Mavs.
Old 02-01-2003, 07:55 PM   #10
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Murph,
Barkley is a nut know he talks about politics and movies on that talk back crap. Its not as bad as Magic calling Nash little Fella.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 05:21 AM   #11
Neger Kalle
Banned

Neger Kalle is on a distinguished road

<< What does Neger Kalle mean? I'm curious. And what is the first word in your fiery signature? >>

neger=negro and kalle is just a name...
neger kalle is the only black pimp in germany...
the first word is rapz.de my website...
Neger Kalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 02:42 PM   #12
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Well this is a funny thread.. It's Barkley's opinion so I don't why people are getting the feathers all ruffled. Barkley runs his mouth sometimes............. ok all the times but sometimes he has some credence in what he says.

I think when he says Fin is the best all around player, I think he's simply saying Fin does everything well but he's not GREAT at any one thing.

For instance it's not crazy to say Fin is a better passer than Dirk or to say Fin is a better man to man perimeter defender than Dirk. NOW if you ask someone who would you prefer to have to start your team, the answer is simple.......... DIRK!!! So I think when he said it he meant it more in that way than saying Fin is hands down the best player. I heard the comments he said and I didn't even take it the way all of you did.
Old 02-03-2003, 03:34 PM   #13
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

<< BTW, Charles Barkley is a tool when it comes to commentating on the Mavs. >>

I couldn't have said it myself, I could try, but there would be no point!

Sure it's just his opinion, but Barkley is in the position to have millions
of people hear his opinion, and i believe he says these things to generate discussion,
because lets face it, he's not adversed to babbling some crazy stuff.
It's his opinion, and he's only being ridiculed in the same way that people on here
get ridiculed for giving their opinions.

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 04:55 PM   #14
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Trust me I could care LESS if someone rips Barkley, but I'm just more curious as to why people are so upset because he said it. It's not even worth the aggrivation if you ask me.
Old 02-03-2003, 05:00 PM   #15
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

Oh you're probably right, like i said, he says stoopid stuff all the time.
It's fun to be outraged though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 05:08 PM   #16
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Barkeley is my favorite loser. He's never won anything in his life yet he talks like as if he knows how to win.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 06:06 PM   #17
LRB
Guru

TD: Kind of hypocritical of Barkley isn't it sitting as almighty judge of what it takes to win it all when his major winning consists of beating up poor Angolan's.
Old 02-03-2003, 10:18 PM   #18
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

Well, I use to think it was Dirk, but now I will agree with Barkley. If you measure every single part of their games, its not that far fetched saying Fin is better than Dirk...and sure, Barkely may be as ass sometimes, but really- the man played many many years in the NBA, he knows his basketball...
Old 02-03-2003, 11:10 PM   #19
Drbio
Banned

Thanks Neger Kalle. That was driving me nuts. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]