Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-26-2003, 08:07 PM   #1
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

Says we're one of 4 teams with "serious interest"...

The Cleveland Cavaliers have agreed to waive veteran forward Tyrone Hill and point guard Bimbo Coles, ESPN.com learned Wednesday.

Hill, who was recently told that he'd no longer play in order to give several young prospects a chance, has been pushing for a trade or release for several weeks.

Hill's agent, Mark Bartelstein, confirmed that the two sides had reached an agreement.

Bartelstein said that teams were already lining up for Hill's services.

"We haven't made a decision where Tyrone is going just yet," Bartelstein told ESPN.com. "He's looking to join a championship contender. Tyrone really wants a ring. There are several teams out there who think he could really help them."

Hill was averaging 6.3 ppg and 8.3 rpg for the Cavs in 26.7 minutes per game this season.

While Bartelstein refused to name the teams Hill was considering, a league source said that the 76ers, Lakers, Nets and Mavericks all have serious interest. According to one source, the 76ers are believed to have the inside track. Hill played with the Sixers for two years before being traded to Cleveland.

Coles, who averaged 4.9 ppg and 2.7 apg, was in a similar situation to Hill. He saw his playing time decrease so that rookies Smush Parker and Dajuan Wagner could get more court time. Coles, however, owned a player option for next season. The two sides have been negotiating a buyout of the option year over the last few days. Terms of the buyout weren't disclosed.

Coles' agent, Sean Holley, told ESPN.com that like Hill, Coles was looking to join a contender for the rest of the season. The Nets, Pacers, Lakers and Suns have all expressed interest in Coles according to Holley.

The Cavs will submit the official paperwork to the league Thursday morning. Before Hill or Coles can be signed by another team, they must clear waivers, which takes 48 hours.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2003, 08:10 PM   #2
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< Says we're one of 4 teams with &quot;serious interest&quot;...

The Cleveland Cavaliers have agreed to waive veteran forward Tyrone Hill and point guard Bimbo Coles, ESPN.com learned Wednesday.

Hill, who was recently told that he'd no longer play in order to give several young prospects a chance, has been pushing for a trade or release for several weeks.

Hill's agent, Mark Bartelstein, confirmed that the two sides had reached an agreement.

Bartelstein said that teams were already lining up for Hill's services.

&quot;We haven't made a decision where Tyrone is going just yet,&quot; Bartelstein told ESPN.com. &quot;He's looking to join a championship contender. Tyrone really wants a ring. There are several teams out there who think he could really help them.&quot;

Hill was averaging 6.3 ppg and 8.3 rpg for the Cavs in 26.7 minutes per game this season.

While Bartelstein refused to name the teams Hill was considering, a league source said that the 76ers, Lakers, Nets and Mavericks all have serious interest. According to one source, the 76ers are believed to have the inside track. Hill played with the Sixers for two years before being traded to Cleveland.

Coles, who averaged 4.9 ppg and 2.7 apg, was in a similar situation to Hill. He saw his playing time decrease so that rookies Smush Parker and Dajuan Wagner could get more court time. Coles, however, owned a player option for next season. The two sides have been negotiating a buyout of the option year over the last few days. Terms of the buyout weren't disclosed.

Coles' agent, Sean Holley, told ESPN.com that like Hill, Coles was looking to join a contender for the rest of the season. The Nets, Pacers, Lakers and Suns have all expressed interest in Coles according to Holley.

The Cavs will submit the official paperwork to the league Thursday morning. Before Hill or Coles can be signed by another team, they must clear waivers, which takes 48 hours.
>>

I think you could've put this in General discussion since it is some what Mavs related. I think it could get overlooked here. Good read. I say go for him. I don't know how much pt he can get but when guys like Lafrentz are in foul trouble it wouldn't hurt to bring him in. Looks like he can board for a bad rebounding team.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 08:14 PM   #3
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, I tend to post articles and stuff with minimal Mavs content in &quot;Around the NBA&quot; because I figure this is where the hardcore fans hang out, and it might just be interesting to them.

Flawed logic, as you pointed out!

I agree that we should go after him... and personally (obviously I'm biased; that goes without saying) I think he'd benefit the Mavs more than the other teams and should come here. If he really wants a ring, like his agent says, why would he go play lady-in-waiting to Iverson and the &quot;lock for a first round exit&quot; Sixers?

Come here, Tyrone! And I'll go post this in General...
Old 02-26-2003, 08:25 PM   #4
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

I say we release Popeye's fat ass and bring in Hill.
Old 02-26-2003, 08:31 PM   #5
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

I was seeing Popeye in the rearview mirror as well.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 08:58 PM   #6
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

He's definitely on the back end of his career.
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 09:37 PM   #7
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

I think heĀ“ll either end up with the Sixers or Lakers. Would be nice to get him though.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 09:38 PM   #8
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< I was seeing Popeye in the rearview mirror as well. >>

Yeah and I bet all you could see was his fat ass, but you still couldn't see all of his fat ass.