Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-27-2003, 06:58 PM   #1
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

As of today:

Here is a sample of where the Vegas odds are right now. Who do you bet on? Do you the Mavs odds seem reasonable.

Boston Celtics 60-1
Dallas Mavericks 4-1
Detroit Pistons 18-1
Golden State Warriors 1000-1
Houston Rockets 100-1
Indiana Pacers 35-1
Los Angeles Lakers 3-1
Milwaukee Bucks 100-1
Minnesota Timberwolves 20-1
New Jersey Nets 20-1
New Orleans Hornets 50-1
New York Knicks 1000-1
Orlando Magic 60-1
Philadelphia 76ers 20-1
Phoenix Suns 100-1
Portland Trail Blazers 25-1
Sacramento Kings 2-1
San Antonio Spurs 4-1
Seattle Supersonics 1000-1
Utah Jazz 60-1
Washington Wizards 200-1

The Mavs odds sounds about right to me. If I had to bet not based upon allegiances. I like the odds on Portland. At 25-1 you never know. Crazy team, but they can get hot.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2003, 07:06 PM   #2
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

I'd swap the odds on the Spurs and Lakers.

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 07:22 PM   #3
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

The Lakers are 3 to 1? Put me down for $300 against. I could use a nice steak dinner and night out on the town. Easy money.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 08:01 PM   #4
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

I love how no one from the East is better than 18-1. The Mavs' odds seem about right to me. I agree w/WOW, I'd swap LA & SA.
Old 03-27-2003, 08:03 PM   #5
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Remember last season san antonio beat la 3-1 in the playoffs and lost to them in five games. Two of the wins are without shaq. The odds are about right champ hasn't been knocked off yet. And as for the mavs i would take those odds.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 08:09 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

the lakers are a shell of the team they once were.. right now, i'd put them behind the kings,mavs and spurs.
especially considering they are likely to have an impossible road to the championship
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 11:10 AM   #7
101 6 7

101 6 7 will become famous soon enough101 6 7 will become famous soon enough

<< Remember last season san antonio beat la 3-1 in the playoffs and lost to them in five games. Two of the wins are without shaq. The odds are about right champ hasn't been knocked off yet. And as for the mavs i would take those odds. >>

The Spurs LOST the season series to the Lakers 1-3 last year; then lost 1-4 in the playoffs. It has been quoted often recently that the Spurs won the season series from the Lakers lately (started by Rick Fox after last Sunday's game between the two teams), it is wrong. Also, with Sacramento's (relatively) poor road record I find it suprising they would be the favorites when they will most likely have to play 1, maybe 2 rounds on the road. I don't believe Sacramento has EVER won a playoff series whey they did not have hca; in fact last year Vlade guaranteed they could not.
101 6 7 is offline   Reply With Quote