Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-07-2003, 03:15 PM   #1
DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31

DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31 is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/headline_A.asp?pr=

"A certain pro athlete who happens to be a hang-around buddy of mine and a nightclubbin’ buddy of Nick Van Exel’s says, “Nick is a different player in the playoffs. His whole approach is that the regular season is all just practice for what he’s going to do in the playoffs.’’"

" The Nick thing: He’s received the same amount of minutes per in the regular season and postseason (about 28). But he scored 12.5 the regular and 15.3 against Portland. He shot 41 percent in the regular and 47 percent in Round 1. He went from being the team’s fourth leading scorer over the course of 82 “practice games’’ to being Dallas’ No. 2 scorer in the playoffs.
So it’s Hedo’s Bottomless Pit vs. Nick’s One-Man Playground.
Van Exel,’’ Nellie said, “has probably been my best player in the playoffs.’’
Yeah, there’s one guy. Van Exel was 9-of-19 for 20 points with five assists and solid enough defense to prevent the Kings’ backcourt of Mike Bibby and Doug Christie from going nuts (they combined for just 20). "

now if we can just win game 2...jeez!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2003, 03:48 PM   #2
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Gotta admit he's impressed me this postseason. Has competed in every game & played with a lot of heart. We're still not going to win unless the rest of the team at least tries to match him.
Old 05-07-2003, 03:50 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

there's been a couple of players that have significantly increased their scoring and shooting percentages in the playoffs..unfortunately, it's not the norm for the team though
Murphy3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 03:57 PM   #4
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

The other is dirk. Also Players who choke in the playoffs :

Finley/ Nash/ Bradley / Raef .
Old 05-07-2003, 04:13 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

gotta love all the NVE love coming out of Dallas these days.

It's about damn time.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 04:17 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

nve has played pretty well

but i'm curious as to how long it will last
he's a VERY streaky player. Unfortunately, along with his bad streaks, there's usually a heavey dose of poor decision making.

But, he has played intelligent basketball in the playoffs for the most part. That is something that I'm not accustomed to.. NVE making intelligent decisions. How long can it possibly last? Maybe it'll last throughout the playoffs,..i don't know..but that's not his norm... it's alot of highs..and alot of lows.

hopefully he'll prove me wrong
Murphy3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 04:20 PM   #7
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

It certainly would be nice if Nash could up his game somewhat to go along with NVE's. And I'd settle for a detectable pulse from Raef.
Old 05-07-2003, 04:22 PM   #8
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

I wish he proves you wrong but moreso I hope mavs give him more games in the postseason to prove you wrong.
Old 05-07-2003, 07:39 PM   #9
DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31

<< nve has played pretty well

but i'm curious as to how long it will last
he's a VERY streaky player. Unfortunately, along with his bad streaks, there's usually a heavey dose of poor decision making.

But, he has played intelligent basketball in the playoffs for the most part. That is something that I'm not accustomed to.. NVE making intelligent decisions. How long can it possibly last? Maybe it'll last throughout the playoffs,..i don't know..but that's not his norm... it's alot of highs..and alot of lows.

hopefully he'll prove me wrong
>>

i may be wrong murph, but i think it has to do with this mindset, “Nick is a different player in the playoffs. His whole approach is that the regular season is all just practice for what he’s going to do in the playoffs.’’&quot;
Old 05-07-2003, 08:19 PM   #10
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Nick has been fantastic but let's settle down a little the guy's career shooting percentage is 40.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 09:49 PM   #11
DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31

well, if the 40% fg guy wasnt here we wouldnt be in the 2nd rnd and we probably would have been blown out by 50... I mean it says a lot when Chris webber says the only person he fears in dallas is nick van exel.. And yes he is a career 40% fg but when it comes to big games hes almost always there.. he play with heart every game and thats what we need from everybody.. 40% doesnt matter in the playoffs right now.... and as far as his career his done great in clutch time during the playoffs throughout his career...
Old 05-07-2003, 10:03 PM   #12
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

All I know is it is REFRESHING to hear a mavericks player say &quot;****&quot; so many times so openly. I have to agree with that mindset completely. For goodness sakes, they had the best record in ball, get in there and if they outplay you ok, but compete, man compete... As nick say &quot;****&quot; 'em.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 10:26 PM   #13
DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31

what did he say dude i didnt hear it
Old 05-07-2003, 10:50 PM   #14
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Well what he said was that &quot;the mavs should say f -em, just f-em. They don't respect us and we have to get out on the court and just f-em.&quot; A WHOLE bunch of f-ems.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 10:59 PM   #15
DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31

haha cool thnx.. im glad he finally said something.. we need to light a fire under dirk steve fin and the rest of the mavs.. cause when the real mavs show up we could run with anybody!...