Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 05-21-2004, 05:17 AM   #1
Voss

Voss is on a distinguished road
Default Tough question

Why do so many Iraqis not like the US?

Asad Jalil - tortured to death by American soldiers.

Face it! Don't look away!

Voss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 09:33 AM   #2
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Tough question

That's what happens when you fire rounds at American Soldiers....

I don't know this guys story, but I am betting there is a better than zero chance that he wasn't the local paper boy.
Old 05-21-2004, 09:36 AM   #3
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE:Tough question

What did this innocent Iraqi do? Did he blow up our soldiers, burn our citizens? I give a flying f... if the arab street hates us. Those ungrateful bastards, I did not see you guys outraged when Saddam was slaughtering his dogs sorry citizens.
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 12:31 PM   #4
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Why do so many Iraqis not like the US?
Who cares, as long as they stay home and kill each other, rather than coalition forces, or helping other miscreants of Allah fly planes into buildings in the U.S,.....or worse.

Quote:
Asad Jalil - tortured to death by American soldiers. Face it! Don't look away!
No one is condoing torture by American forces, and no one appears to be afraid to confront it. On the other hand, who was this Iraqi, and what was he being detained for? Who were his associates, and what did he know?

Start answering some of those questions before you condemn anyone here.

MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 12:56 PM   #5
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

The left is starting to resemble the insane fringe of pro-lifers who hand out pictures of dead babies in front of health clinics. Shocking people with gruesome photos never convinces people you are right. It only convinces them that you are a nut.

I think it's time to take your medicine, Voss.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 01:45 PM   #6
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Why do so many Iraqis hate us? Well 1st of all I don't think near as many hate us as the media and left leaning useful idiots would have us believe. Of those who do hate us the vast majority probably hated us long before any news of possible abuses in prisions broke out. Of course those whackos in the far left of the Democratic party and dead set on doing all in their power to make sure as many Iraqis hate us as possible so long as a Republican administration is running the war effort there. Now that's patriotism for you. I'll trade these liberal idiots for the Iraqis who hate us in a heartbeat. At least the Iraqis are more upfront about it.
Old 05-21-2004, 03:24 PM   #7
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

The reason that so many iraqi's hate us is because the ones that do are ignorant and fanned by irrational religious dogma. It also doesn't help that their culture and their politics are useless and corrupt. Their once-great dynasty reduced to begging for western aid or western technology to pump out oil. Bankrupt culture.

Here they are sitting on the greatest amount of wealthy known to man and they teach their children to strap bombs to themselves and blow themselves up because their military can't defenat tiny israel even when they have them surrounded and greatly out-numbered.

They have nothing left but hate for anyone who is better than they are... and almost everyone is or is passing them. It's nothing but impotence and envy.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 03:29 PM   #8
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Why do so many iraqis hate iraqi's? Sadaam Gas Attack.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 05-21-2004, 05:51 PM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Why do so many Iraqi's hate us? Two reasons:

1. It's a case of the haves and the have nots

2. Some people only learn how to hate.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 09:21 PM   #10
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

A superpower like the US will always be hated, because no one likes to be subjected to the power of another nation. In the beginning most people in Iraq were surely delighted to see Saddam gone, but the longer there are US troops in Iraq the more of the locals will want them to go home. Imagine, Iraq as the superpower liberates the US from a cruel dictatorship, how long would it take before the American people would demand Iraqi troops to go home? Imagine the Iraqis came to the US without getting the approval of the UN, basically acting alone (together with some Arab allies) thus neglecting international laws and attacking a souvereign country?

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 10:13 PM   #11
dude1394
Guru

Ridiculous comparison. The US number one would be ecstatic because they aren't tribal idiots. However the iraqis right now are a bunch of irresponsible people who have never done much of anything for themselves.

Blaming ANY of this crap on the us is bs.

Old 05-22-2004, 11:30 AM   #12
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

"A superpower like the US will always be hated, because no one likes to be subjected to the power of another nation" Half-True. It true if the superpower flexes its muscle for reasons the majority of the world disagree with- then they will be hated...In the case of this war- I agree, we are hated by more of the world now than before this war started, thats for sure
Old 05-22-2004, 12:15 PM   #13
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Why do the Iraqi's (and the French, Russians, some Germans, etc.) hate us? Pure and simple, it's Penis Envy.
Old 05-22-2004, 04:22 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

rotflmao
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 11:31 AM   #15
FullBurst41

FullBurst41 is on a distinguished road

Penis Envy, I like that one, ROFL. Anyway...

Some of you people really need a reality check. Iraq isn't filled with tribal idiots, unless you see Islam as being tribal, of course. There are tribes, just like there are tribes in Pakistan. Want to refer to them as tribal idiots as well?

Would you be ecstatic if the Iraqis came to America without anyone's consent except for a tightly knit group? Well sure, if, say, Putin was occupying your country, you'd be glad to see Buthan march their troops in and save you. However, how long would that last? And God forbid, what if they violated prisoner's rights? *shocking music* Oh dear, no!

For those who say that it all has nothing to do with the United States of America, what planet are you from again? Remind me who's M1 Abrams tanks are supporting offensives? Remind me where the F/A-18 Hornet was made, and which pilots fly them in Iraq today. If you can't even admit that the war that the US is still conducting in Iraq has nothing to do with the unrest, you're totally out of your league (hah, imagine that).

Of course! There are religious extremists, and more come and die every day. The world would be so much better off without them, I will agree with you on that any day of the week. But there are a couple of distinctions you don't have to lose sight of:

- It is not Iraq where people instruct their children on becoming suicide bombers. You've been watching "Our Dear Motherland Israel, Episode 158" too many times, I thikn.
- If all these Iraqis are so bad, then why was it them that forced that little bastrrd Shiite cleric out of town? It sure wasn't the US, since M-16A2s don't seem to scare them.

Conclusion: Unless you can well argument the sort of "anything to do with the US is bs" opinions, you'd better just shut that trap.

Oh, and just so you know, Belgium hates "you" too, "you" having much more to do with the American government than anything else. Oh, and Hollywood, oh how we hate Hollywood (or rather, a select few do, and I don't really belong there anyway). If I hated America as a whole, than I'd probably go to local basketball games moe often. Too bad they suck. So before you blame us of hating America, perhaps you might want to clean out your own closets first (and this is not aimed at all of you, but those targetted know who they are, I'm sure).

Respectfully.
Old 05-23-2004, 11:49 AM   #16
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

So you hate us , big deal like we care, it the pinki liberals who are upset that the world hates them.
Old 05-23-2004, 05:01 PM   #17
FullBurst41

FullBurst41 is on a distinguished road

Fish, is it really that hard to understand what I am saying? Should I really increase the font size or something? So, if I presume that I did understand my post, my anwer would be...

So you're a government official now? And a highly placed one at that? Wow... can I have an autograph?

Go and read it again.
Old 05-23-2004, 05:45 PM   #18
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: FullBurst41
Penis Envy, I like that one, ROFL. Anyway...

Some of you people really need a reality check. Iraq isn't filled with tribal idiots, unless you see Islam as being tribal, of course. There are tribes, just like there are tribes in Pakistan. Want to refer to them as tribal idiots as well?
Ahem... Well let's see they go around exploding themselves following around a religious zealot. Sunnis, kurds, shities. Fallujah leaders, imans calling people into prayers and no matter what kind of crapola they yell out, they go do it. Yeah, I'd call a whole BUNCH of them tribal idiots. Of course you try to argue the generality, ok. How about 20% of the iraqis are tribal idiots, better. That would be like what All african-americans and all hispanic people in the US being tribal idiots. We can parse the numbers, but yeah it's a hell of a lot.

Quote:
Would you be ecstatic if the Iraqis came to America without anyone's consent except for a tightly knit group? Well sure, if, say, Putin was occupying your country, you'd be glad to see Buthan march their troops in and save you. However, how long would that last? And God forbid, what if they violated prisoner's rights? *shocking music* Oh dear, no!
Let's see.. If Bill Clinton and Ted Kennedy gained power and began to kill you, me and anyone else who he felt like it. Nationalized the economy, starved my children, raped my daugthers (hmmmm) when he wanted and let his sons and cronies do it for 30 DAMN YEARS!!! Yea, I'd be pretty happy about someone coming in and finishing them off. Especially if I then saw them spending 87 BILLION!!! dollars on my country. There is no rationality for the lunatics in iraq to be against the US other than they are children being lead by tribal radicals, the only thing that makes any sense.

Quote:
For those who say that it all has nothing to do with the United States of America, what planet are you from again? Remind me who's M1 Abrams tanks are supporting offensives? Remind me where the F/A-18 Hornet was made, and which pilots fly them in Iraq today. If you can't even admit that the war that the US is still conducting in Iraq has nothing to do with the unrest, you're totally out of your league (hah, imagine that).
What's your point? So we should have rolled over and let the soviets take iraq? Let the soviets take afghanistan? What planet are YOU from. The US for the last 50 years has spent blood and treasure promoting democracy, liberation and yes, our own interests throughout the world and then WALKED OUT. If we had your intestines what would the world look like? Soviet Utopia?

Quote:
Of course! There are religious extremists, and more come and die every day. The world would be so much better off without them, I will agree with you on that any day of the week.
Typical liberal bs. Oh yeah, there are bad guys and it would be better if they weren't there....So now what einstein. Gonna call a cop or call your momma.

Quote:
Oh, and just so you know, Belgium hates "you" too, "you" having much more to do with the American government than anything else.
Good, the feeling is getting pretty mutual.

Quote:
Oh, and Hollywood, oh how we hate Hollywood (or rather, a select few do, and I don't really belong there anyway).
No I don't hate hollywood. I just saw a nice Troy movie, shrek, almost anything done by Mel Gibson, Eastwood, Kidman, Annette Beining..

But if you are talking about a buch of spoiled brats like the lying puke Michael Moore. maybe. I don't really hate him as much as loathe him spreading half-truths about the only country that wouldn't probably take his head for the crud he spouts. Let him go to iraq/iran/egypt/palestine/sudan/china and say any of this crap if he wants to see something. He's just another irresponsible, spoiled leftist. Irrelevant except when he's preaching to the sheep.

Old 05-23-2004, 08:27 PM   #19
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

Well we dont care we hate you and your governments you socialists
Old 05-23-2004, 11:44 PM   #20
LRB
Guru

Quote:

Hmmmm. How would you like it if say some madman and his army came marching into Belgium with his tanks and planes and soldiers. Set up camp and started raping your women, killing you citizens that he didn't like for silly reasons like their ethnic origin or sexual preference. Virtually enslaved your whole country. Now how would you feel if the American GI's with their tanks and planes stayed their butts at home and played baseball and ate apple pie instead of rescuing your and the rest of Western Europe's collective butts? I guess you just miss saluting a swazstika every morning and watching your Jewish neighbors go off to the gas chamber? Of course no one is worse than the French who are so damn pissed that they had to have their good for nothing @$$es rescued not once, but twice in the last century by good old Americans. With the exception of Great Britan and a few other countries, Europeans are just friends with you when they need you. To hell with you though when you need even so much as their moral support. I sure hope that we remember who our friends are who they aren't. As for the ones who aren't, they can go to hell and stay there until it freezes over before I'd vote to lift a finger to help them again.