Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-31-2002, 08:03 AM   #1
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 08:09 AM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

cool. But I am not going to see that movie.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 08:16 AM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i hate that dirk and nash are associated with this.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 08:19 AM   #4
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

At least Cuban isn't on the poster. All three are in the movie.

Am I mistaken, or are the pictures of Dirk and Nash just cut and pasted in from the official Mavericks publicity photos.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 05-31-2002, 09:26 AM   #5
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Cuban is such a nice guy by the way, eventhough I get mad at him. I saw him at the Belagio last week and he actually stopped and spoke. Not that it makes him a good guy, but he surely didn't have to and I KNOW people walk up to him all the time.
Old 05-31-2002, 10:28 AM   #6
Dooby
Diamond Member

Hmmm...Belagio. They have so much of my money. Well, at least it was the money I got from New York, New York.

Old 05-31-2002, 11:12 AM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Any Mavs publicity used to be good. Now..who knows. I don't have a problem with Dirk & Nash being on the poster, but that movie isn't getting a dime of my money.
Old 05-31-2002, 11:50 AM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i don't have a problem with it either..i just wish they wouldn't have associated themself with something such as this.. a movie that looks crappy
Old 05-31-2002, 12:07 PM   #9
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, Dooby, all of those pictures are cut and paste jobs, you can tell by the lighting.

and what a coincidence, Bellagio has MY money, too. Amazingly, like you, I won some at NY, NY, walked down the street a ways, and lost it all (and then some) at the Bellagio.

I don't mind that they're in the movie. I figure if when I was 8 or 9 years old a movie like this had come out, I would have been so excited about it just because of all the ball players in it. I'm not going to hate on a kids' movie, and I'll probably give up the $3 to rent it just to get a laugh out of all the players trying to act.

You gotta think it's pretty cool, though, that they were making a movie poster and said, "okay, we know we want Iverson and Webber, let's put Kidd on there, too. Now who else? Nash and Nowitzki."

In all honesty, some studio cheese probably said he wanted a good racial mixture on the poster. In that sense, it's cool to have the two best white players in the league [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Or 2 of 3 if you put Peja ahead of Steve.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 12:55 PM   #10
Dooby
Diamond Member

It wasn't Belagio's fault though. It was the damn fat lady that sat down next to me and didn't split her 8's and hit (dealer had a 6).

Moral of this story is to never play a hand immediately after a new player sits down. You have to wait and figure out if they are an idiot or not.

Old 05-31-2002, 01:05 PM   #11
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Now now, Doobs... you know that over the long haul, the way the players to your right play their cards actually has no effect on you whatsoever [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But it's fun to make scapegoats! Dealer had a 6, you should have won anyway!!
Old 05-31-2002, 01:36 PM   #12
Dooby
Diamond Member

Here were the Cards. I was Far left; fat chick immediately to right.
Dealer showed 6
Fat Chick 8-8. She hits and gets a 3. She has 19.
I have 9-8. That is 17. I stay.

Dealer had 10-6; hits and gets a 2. Dealer gets 18.

She wins; I lose.

Old 05-31-2002, 02:19 PM   #13
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

BAH.

That sucks, man. In a just world, she should get a 10-card for hitting on a stiff like that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Oh well.... just as easily, she could have done something stupid that would have benefitted you. Such is the joy of cards.
Old 05-31-2002, 03:00 PM   #14
Deja-Vu

Deja-Vu is on a distinguished road

Murphy, Drbio what exactly is wrong with this movie? Is it because it's about a kid, or is it because it's about a black kid? It's 1 thing not to like it, but to call it crappy looken is a bit much judging only on a poster. I don't know if they expect old guys to see the movie anyway, but I would think any movie that a Mavs player is in would be a good enough reason to go see it.
Deja-Vu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 03:19 PM   #15
Drbio
Banned

Murphy, Drbio what exactly is wrong with this movie? Is it because it's about a kid, or is it because it's about a black kid? It's 1 thing not to like it, but to call it crappy looken is a bit much judging only on a poster. I don't know if they expect old guys to see the movie anyway, but I would think any movie that a Mavs player is in
would be a good enough reason to go see it.

Deja-vu- Tread VERY lightly on where you are going. I do NOT like the racial implication and I am sick of hearing people categorized as racist on this board that CLEARLY are NOT.

It is a cheesy movie. I said nothing about the kid, his race, or anything else if you will freaking look at the damn thread. Before you post crap like that please read the ENTIRE F'ing thread. I said twice that I wasn't going to go see it. That is all. It looks cheesy and I am not going to see it. Back off.
Old 05-31-2002, 03:20 PM   #16
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

This racial crap is getting old Deja-Vu..VERY OLD.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 03:22 PM   #17
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

It wasn't Belagio's fault though. It was the damn fat lady that sat down next to me and didn't split her 8's and hit (dealer had a 6).

Oh Dooby, I can't tell you how many times someone stupid has sat next to me. Now I actually yell at the people. This weekend, I normally don't play big hands, but I split sevens against a six, then got another seven so I split it three times. Each one was for $60. I got on the second card two tens and then a nine. two seventeens and a sixteen.

The JACKASS at third base had 13 and took a hit... I said to him, "you better hope you don't take the bust card." Well the next card was a 9, so he bust. The next card the dealer pulled was a 4... I LOSE ALL THREE... If the bastard stays EVERYONE wins.. There were atleast three people at the table that cursed him out so bad, he got up and walked away...

Oh but this post is about that movie. I think the movie is really for kids, and maybe kids will get a kick out of it, but I don't think I would like it much, but I don't have a problem with them being associated with it.
Old 05-31-2002, 03:25 PM   #18
Deja-Vu

Call it whatever you want to djbacklash, but just because you don't see it so obvious doesn't mean it's not there. To say since, Dirk and Steve is white they shouldn't be associated with it. Give me a damn break, open up your eyes and see. It's pretty damn obvious to me what a guy is trying to imply.
Old 05-31-2002, 03:28 PM   #19
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

That is the dumbest crock of shit I've ever heard. If Finley were in it, he'd probably say "I don't think Dirk, Nash, or Fin should be associated with it." Personally I hate lil bow wow and won't be seeing this flick. And no before you open you mouth again, I'm not racist because I hate lil bow wow.
Old 05-31-2002, 03:29 PM   #20
Drbio
Banned

Deja-vu- It is clear to me that you are only here to start up more crap. You are hereby ignored. One poster made a non-racial point and you specifically identified murph and myself as racist even though it wasn't either of us that made the comment. You are clearly not trying to contribute to the board.
Old 05-31-2002, 03:30 PM   #21
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

First of all nobody said that because Dirk and Nash are white they should not be involved.

Secondly if you are not sure as to the quality of the movie here is a link for the trailer. I watched it, and it doesn't look real promising. Perhaps if I was 8 I would be interested, but I am 26.

Trailer

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 03:39 PM   #22
Deja-Vu

grbh, you've seen it so please judge it, but just because Nash and Dirk is in the movie and they're white then, someone hates that they are associated with it. djbacklash, Fin is not in it so you can't compare the 2 situation. The way Fin is treated on this board, I would hate to hear the harsh comments thrown at him if he was in the movie, with no other Mavs player in it. djbacklash, it's ok to not like a guy, but to to say "I hate they're assoc with it, is a bit much." I know why they hate that Dirk and Nash are associated with, sorry that I am the only who has caught up. It's pretty obvious to me, sorry if you guys haven't caught on yet. Ok djbacklash, you hate Bow Wow, but why would you hate that Nash and Dirk is involved with the movie? Or did you not say that? Well someone did, and I think we all know why it was said.....
Old 05-31-2002, 03:41 PM   #23
Deja-Vu

Drbio, that was not necessary but if you want to do insults by all means we can do that!
Old 05-31-2002, 03:43 PM   #24
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Well (no lie) I was in Shreveport the last two days. (Hence the reason I hadven't posted till now.) Anyway a guy sitting to my right got two face cards. I got two pair of tens. We were both sitting on 20 and the dealer was showing a three. The frickin' idiot beside me split the pair of face cards. He got two decent hands but the kicker was the dealer had 3 showing... turned over a king in underneath and drew a DAMN 8.

Yes, idiots and blackjack are everywhere. If you don't know the rules on how to play. Don't play.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 03:49 PM   #25
djb
Administrator

Deja-Vu, have you ever thought of the possiblity that people HERE don't want dirk and nash associated with the movie because they're the only MAVS in it and this is a MAVS board? Ever thought of that?
Old 05-31-2002, 03:50 PM   #26
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

<< I'm not racist because I hate lil bow wow. >>

That should be a bumper sticker, DJ. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] No doubt it would be a popular one, lol.
Old 05-31-2002, 03:50 PM   #27
Murphy3
Guru

wow, i turn around for a second and i find out i'm racist.
hmm..i guess you learn something new about yourself every day.
wait..nevermind..i forgot, i'm not racist.

deja-vu, it's obvious what you're trying to do here. there's no reason to start it.
you won't get me to go off on you..actually, i might, but not in the way that you are hoping
Old 05-31-2002, 03:50 PM   #28
djb
Administrator

If I were to say that I don't want them being associated with the movie, it would only be because the movie looks like crap. Now if they were set to appear in the Matrix sequel, then it's all gravy.
Old 05-31-2002, 03:52 PM   #29
djb
Administrator

Murph, it's clear you're a racist..after all you've got a WHITE avatar [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] (j/k of course for all the dum-dums out there) Come to think of it, my avatar's white too.
Old 05-31-2002, 03:52 PM   #30
Murphy3
Guru

yeah..i just don't like people that i like associated in horrible movies.
i didn't like that Kevin Costner was in The Postman.
or that matt lillard is associating himself with freddie prinze and a couple other spares in the scooby doo movie.

it has nothing to do with race..
Old 05-31-2002, 03:53 PM   #31
djb
Administrator

Speaking of Matt Lillard, I thought he was cool in 13 Ghosts [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2002, 04:06 PM   #32
Drbio
Banned

a lily white snowman. coincidence? I think not.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2002, 04:34 PM   #33
djb
Administrator

Well you've got yellow and black in yours doc..got no love for the white man?
Old 05-31-2002, 04:52 PM   #34
Murphy3
Guru

i like matt lillard, it's ashamed he couldn't be teamed with better actors than the crap he's teamed with in Scooby doo
Old 05-31-2002, 05:18 PM   #35
Drbio
Banned

hahaha....don't forget the green. I would hate to be called an alien racist too.
Old 05-31-2002, 05:35 PM   #36
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

It is such a beating when people playing the race card where it's not warranted. It's such a tired and broken record. Play something else.

Old 05-31-2002, 05:40 PM   #37
Dooby
Diamond Member

I may be wrong, but I think Finley is in it. He just isn't on the poster.

Old 05-31-2002, 05:45 PM   #38
Drbio
Banned

It doesn't matter Dooby. You cannot educate a closed mind (or a small one as the case may be).
Old 05-31-2002, 06:11 PM   #39
ArcticBlast

ArcticBlast is on a distinguished road

Yeah, you can see on stevenash.net that Fin is in it too.

But, since he's not in the poster or the trailers that I've seen, no reason you guys should know that.

If this were a white/black thing, not a Mavs/every other team thing, then it would have been said that Dirk, Steve and Jason shouldn't be involved. There is plenty of real pursecuation around the world, why do you want to see it where it isn't?
Old 05-31-2002, 06:13 PM   #40
Drbio
Banned

Drbio, that was not necessary but if you want to do insults by all means we can do that!

This is exactly the same MO as M4F. That he took it straight to murph and I when neither of us posted anything REMOTELY close to it just supports it. Sorry to post this dj, but it stinks. If it's not him then it is someone like him.