Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-12-2002, 05:58 PM   #1
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Pending.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 05:59 PM   #2
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Guilty of Capital Murder.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 03-12-2002, 06:03 PM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm..duh?
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 07:00 PM   #4
Dooby
Diamond Member

Honestly, I expected a different result.

Old 03-12-2002, 07:01 PM   #5
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Though I haven't been keeping up with the trial, just from the bits I've heard and read, I think she got exactly what she deserved. Why do you think the verdict should have been different?
Old 03-12-2002, 10:30 PM   #6
jules88

jules88 is on a distinguished road

What was the prosecution going for? I mean she deserves some harsh punishment. I have faith in Texas...you guys don't mess around with criminals.
Old 03-12-2002, 10:36 PM   #7
djb
Administrator

Just heard on the news they're going for the death penalty.
Old 03-12-2002, 11:30 PM   #8
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

If ever there was an argument for the death penalty, this case and the hit and run make it pretty easy!
Old 03-12-2002, 11:32 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I think they should have taken her out back and held her under water in a tub full of urine. Sick B*tch. How anyone can murder kids is beyond me...murder anyone, but kids especially.

sad sad sad.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 11:39 PM   #10
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

As a mother myself, I can't fathom a woman doing such a thing to her children. It's beyond sickening. I just cannot make sense of it.

It makes me sad to think of those children again. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Their justice is coming.
Old 03-12-2002, 11:42 PM   #11
Drbio
Banned

MFF- it turns my stomach. I literally got tears in my eyes when I was watching CNN and they showed pictures of those heavenly children.

There are no words....

Old 03-13-2002, 08:52 AM   #12
Dooby
Diamond Member

Just because I expected a different result does not mean I thought the result should be different.

No, she deserves the death penalty. She knew what she was doing was wrong. She knew she would be punished. End of story.

The spin on this thing today is rediculous. The news media is in full anti-death penalty mode, with the focus primarily on changing the insanity defense standard. They had a lawyer on this morning saying that the jury wasn't allowed to know that if she had been found not guilty by reason of mental defect that she would have likely been in an institution for the rest of her life. Well, what he didn't say was that it was also possible that she could have gotten out an gone home in thirty days.

My real concern is that if she ever got out, she'd have more kids.

Old 03-13-2002, 09:58 AM   #13
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Maybe I'm terrible, but I have NO sympathy for this woman at all!!! I really don't. I'm the same way when it comes to kids. Yes they can drive you up a wall but kids are being kids and they don't know any better. If they decided to strangle the woman, I wouldn't be the slight bit remorseful.
Old 03-13-2002, 04:40 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

My real concern is that if she ever got out, she'd have more kids.

I know what I'm about to post is controvesial, so please forgive me if I step on your toes, but I sure wish that the State had the power to sterilize this woman to guarantee that she will NEVER have the opportunity to bear children again. She should have been taken out the back door of the courthouse and shot on sight.

Old 03-15-2002, 08:38 PM   #15
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

First, I strongly support capital punishment. Three acquaintances of mine were kidnapped, raped and murdered by a man who was on parole for rape and attempted murder. This man was ultimately executed for the murders of my friends, and I would have been very upset if he had been sentenced to anything other than death.

That said, I perceive a world of difference in the case of that man, who was never diagnosed as mentally ill but was clearly a sociopath, and the case of Mrs. Yates who was suffering from acute and diagnosed mental illness and who had previously twice attempted suicide.

Some of the postings on this board suggest an absolute unfamiliarity or lack of experience with mental illness, and because of that, perhaps, a lack of sympathy for the person who committed the tragic and painfully sad murders. But these opinions also demonstrate a lack of awareness of the suffering of her husband, her mother, her in-laws, and other surviving family who even as victims themselves, seem to understand that she should not be held criminally responsible for her acts.

The deaths of those children were sickening and painful. The hatred and total lack of empathy for the mentally ill woman who committed the crimes and for her surviving family reverberate the pain from those deaths. Those of us who by the grace of God do not have firsthand experience with mental illness might do well to seek to better understand the nature of the disease. Lest we be judged.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2002, 09:33 PM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

part of the problem has to do with some of the b.s. and made up illnesses.
it's to the point to where everyone has something..everyone has some mental illness or another.

i don't buy it. Alot of people like to feel like there's something wrong with them and there's always some type of docotor or shrink to tell them that it's true
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2002, 09:57 PM   #17
Drbio
Banned

All of the pyschobabble people can kiss my ass. I agree with murph wholeheartedly on this. The bullshit illnesses that everyone comes up these days are crap. She killed...kill her. Eye for an eye. Up her pie hole. If it were up to me, I would torture the bitch slowly on national television so anyone of the other freaks out there might see what happens in the great US of A if you pull some BS crap like that here. She has earned the right to be executed. Don't waste any further tax dollars.

Old 03-15-2002, 10:44 PM   #18
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Fine. Execute the mentally ill.

Based on the violence manifest in your posts, you might be executed pre-emptively, just to keep anything too vile from happening.

I'm sure Murph and others appreciate your articulately-voiced show of support.
Old 03-15-2002, 10:46 PM   #19
Drbio
Banned

MavKiki- that is bullcrap. Anyone who blatantly and summarily executes four precious children deserves to die a miserable death.

And those people who keep saying that "she was a wonderful mother"....are full of shit too. A wonderful mother doesn't MURDER her children!!!!!!!!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Old 03-15-2002, 10:48 PM   #20
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

Did you know her personally?

What, other than ignorance, allows you to make that determination? In my estimation, nothing other than the most severe form of mental illness would cause her to murder her own four precious children.

You are contemptible to speak so cheaply about such a tragic situation.

May God forgive you.
Old 03-15-2002, 10:49 PM   #21
Drbio
Banned

Just a thought here...but should we give the terrorists that bombed the WTC and murder thousands a chance? They can claim to be sick in the head too...it doesn't change what they did! Kill them too.
Old 03-15-2002, 10:51 PM   #22
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

You discredit yourself by being willing to casually refer to tragedy after tragedy after tragedy in an attempt to support your own fetid, psychotic point of view.

You are truly contemptible.
Old 03-15-2002, 10:51 PM   #23
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

A lil too right wing for my likingg oh well
Old 03-15-2002, 10:51 PM   #24
Drbio
Banned

Give me a f*cking break. You are an idiot if you think that she didn't murder those precious children. I don't have to know her. SHE KILLED HER FOUR KIDS. She deserves to die by the standard of the law. I am an ex-cop and I saw crazy people all the time. She does NOT fit the profile. It doesn't matter even if she did...you cannot dispute that she MURDERED her kids. She deserves to die!
Old 03-15-2002, 10:52 PM   #25
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

You are sick and apparently every bit as capable as she was of inflicting violence on an innocent person.

Waco, indeed.
Old 03-15-2002, 10:52 PM   #26
Drbio
Banned

If being sick to my stomach over the MURDER of four children is contemptible then so be it. You are a little fast to judge when you are blaming others for judging. Hypocrit!
Old 03-15-2002, 10:53 PM   #27
Drbio
Banned

You are sick and apparently every bit as capable as she was of inflicting violence on an innocent person.

You are a f*cking moron. This last statement just proves it. I spent years of my life defending those who could not defend themselves. You have no clue.
Old 03-15-2002, 10:54 PM   #28
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

Yes, it should be obvious from my writings that I'm a moron.

It's certainly apparent from yours that you're psychotic.

Please stay the hell out of law enformcement--you make an impossible job all the more difficult by being a discredit to the profession.
Old 03-15-2002, 10:56 PM   #29
Drbio
Banned

A lil too right wing for my likingg oh well

Fair enough...thanks for posting an opinion without an attack. I am on the attack now only because some liberal dipshit fails to realize that murder has consequences. How anyone can absolve that wicked bitch of murdering her four kids is beyond any rational thought.

good lord!
Old 03-15-2002, 10:56 PM   #30
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

You do not know me.

And if you did, you would by no means refer to me as liberal. Dipshit, perhaps. Liberal, never.

Beyond rational thought, however, is a realm with which you appear to be well-acquainted. So I will defer to you henceforth in these matters.
Old 03-15-2002, 10:58 PM   #31
Drbio
Banned

MavKiki- I am psychotic because I believe that murder is wrong and has consequence which are clearly spelled out i the LAW? You are quick to judge and are a pompoous hipocrit. You refer to God's forgiveness and yet ignore his words that thou shalt no kill? You are a confused liberal.

It sickens me that someone can try to absolve the murders of four children.
Old 03-15-2002, 10:59 PM   #32
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

You're a fool if you persist in referring to me as liberal

And I want no part of the god to which you refer. My God teaches me about forgivness and tolerance. Does yours say anything about THAT?
Old 03-15-2002, 10:59 PM   #33
Drbio
Banned

again...quick to judge. I have a nice bullet hole in my back protecting idiots like you who didn't have a clue. discredit my ass.
Old 03-15-2002, 11:00 PM   #34
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

I don't understand the Us laws... in god they trust, but not enough to let kids in school to talk to him. Arguing politics with people will only work if the person you're arguing with is rational and willing to respond to evidence, and if they are , it's likely that THEY are right in the first place.
Old 03-15-2002, 11:00 PM   #35
Drbio
Banned

and you area fool for trying to absolve the murder of four children.
Old 03-15-2002, 11:00 PM   #36
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

In your back?

Just a little higher, huh, and maybe......too bad.

Do you even know what 'absolve'or 'moron' means you backwater security guard?

Waco? To hell with you.
Old 03-15-2002, 11:02 PM   #37
Drbio
Banned

you should read your own posts....you mock an officer that was shot in a rescue, you look the other way in the murder of four children, and you judge without a clue.
Old 03-15-2002, 11:03 PM   #38
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

I mock your hate and your ignorance. And I have contempt for you because you do nothing to address it. Damn right I mock you. I mock the fuck all over you. If the world would be a better place without a person like Andrea Yates, surely we could spare a couple with opinions like yours.
Old 03-15-2002, 11:03 PM   #39
Drbio
Banned

scooter- I happen to agree with you. It's a shame what we have done to church and state.
Old 03-15-2002, 11:05 PM   #40
Drbio
Banned

Anyone who disputes that four children were murdered by a mother that was supposed to care for them at all costs and is willing to look the other way in defience of all laws of the land is truly a moron. You mock authority, sensibility, and reason...all because I disagree with you on the role of mental illness.. I see mental ilness...you define it.

what a dipshit...and I thought Joe Joe was an idiot.