Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-31-2007, 02:12 AM   #1
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute
Default OFFICIAL: Dallas @ Memphis (7:00pm CST)

@

DALLAS MAVERICKS
AT
MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES
FEDEXFORUM
WED JAN 31 2007 7:00 PM
(TV: FSNSW, NBALP)

Cro goes for 35 tonight.

Last edited by Windmill360; 01-31-2007 at 02:14 AM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:16 AM   #2
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Memphis scores a zillion points these days and the Mavs look like they're ready for an All-star break.

In my best Jerry Jones impersonation, I'm going to make an unusual GDT prediction, and say "LOSS".

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:31 AM   #3
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Memphis scores a zillion points these days and the Mavs look like they're ready for an All-star break.

In my best Jerry Jones impersonation, I'm going to make an unusual GDT prediction, and say "LOSS".
Biggest kneejerk since the 0-4 start. Let's not forget the Griz are 0-9 against their division, and now they're without Eddie Jones.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:14 AM   #4
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
Biggest kneejerk since the 0-4 start. Let's not forget the Griz are 0-9 against their division, and now they're without Eddie Jones.
Sorry, I'm confused by your statement. What exactly am I supposed to be kneejerking over? Either you didn't read my post correctly, or you're making some faulty assumptions.

On paper, the Mavs should obviously win this. I hope they win it on the court also. But the Mavs, and specifically the Mavs defense, have not looked all that sharp lately and they could be without their second best player. Dirk himself has said this is one of the toughest January's he's experienced in his career and others have made comments about how they're just trying to grind out wins at this point. You may not agree with me, but that's no reason to just assume I don't have a well-thought out opinion. That's a kneejerk on your part.

Just because a team has a horrible record in the NBA, that doesn't mean they are going to be a cakewalk.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 01-31-2007 at 10:01 AM.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:46 AM   #5
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Sorry, I'm confused by your statement. What exactly am I supposed to be kneejerking over? Either you didn't read my post correctly, or you're making some faulty assumptions.

On paper, the Mavs should obviously win this. I hope they win it on the court also. But the Mavs, and specifically the Mavs defense, have not looked all that sharp lately and they could be without their second best player. Dirk himself has said this is one of the toughest January's he's experienced in his career and others have made comments about how they're just trying to grind out wins at this point. You may not agree with me, but that's no reason to just assume I don't have a well-thought out opinion. That's a kneejerk on your part.

Just because a team has a horrible record in the NBA, that doesn't mean they are going to be a cakewalk.
I understand that Dallas may not feel at full strength but that's hardly required to beat Memphis. I could certainly see an upset against a lot of teams in the NBA, but not this one. Also I think Howard's going to be back anyway.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 01-31-2007 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:54 AM   #6
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

No way the Mavs lose this game. Dirk goes for 32, Jho makes a nice return with 24 points.

Cro returns to the bench, plays 6 minutes total and scores only 2 points.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 04:08 AM   #7
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs win
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:39 AM   #8
Amir

Amir is on a distinguished road

If Howard returns, Mavs win this one for sure.

Without him and with Gasol on fire, there might be a surprise.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:44 AM   #9
ponky

ponky has a spectacular aura aboutponky has a spectacular aura about

JHO should be back and the Grizzlies have won THREE whole games on the road...out of 23. I think the Mavs win this game easily...put the three bigs on Gasol, everyone else take care of Warrick and Miller. They don't really have anyone else who can be a threat.
ponky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:15 AM   #10
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

TheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to all

i think we may have 1 or 2 good games left in us before the ASB. i hope we just play hard and have some shots fall, thats enough to beat the grizz

mavs 108
grizz 96
TheBlueVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:40 AM   #11
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

A wounded bear might be dangerous. Mavs win by 5.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:09 AM   #12
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Not to be arrogant or anything, but, the Mavs will win this. By 10pts or more. Cmon naw!

I feel bad for the Grizzlies. They havent won a single playoff game for 3 straight years, and by the looks of it, they wont even get to the playoffs this year. Sad. Trade Gasol! Stop hindering the man's chance to shine.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:22 AM   #13
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Memphis has been scoring like crazy lately.

Expect for them to come out and punch the Mavs in the mouth in the first half.

Then..let Avery do his thing.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:02 PM   #14
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

I don't think J-Ho should play this game. If the Mavs can't win this one without him that's sad.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 12:45 PM   #15
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by craggmac
I don't think J-Ho should play this game. If the Mavs can't win this one without him that's sad.
Any team can get hot, especially at home. Memphis beat Utah on their home floor and were tied with the Spurs in the 4th quarter on the Spurs home floor. The Mavs need all their guys and need to play well to win. And it wouldn't be "sad" to lose to them without Josh. It could become reality if they don't play well and Dirk doesn't rediscover his jumpshot.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 01:34 PM   #16
Steve13

Steve13 will become famous soon enoughSteve13 will become famous soon enough

Memphis also won in Utah recently so they can play. Their new run and gun style makes them more dangerous than previously.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:53 PM   #17
mary
Troll Hunter

They also nearly beat the Mavs the FIRST time in Memphis while Pau Gasol was on the sideline wearing his freshly pressed David-Stern-Approved casual business attire.

Old 01-31-2007, 02:07 PM   #18
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

...while Josh Howard was hanging around somewhere in Texas, probably NOT wearing said business attire.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:21 PM   #19
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
...while Josh Howard was hanging around somewhere in Texas, probably NOT wearing said business attire.
Any word on what Josh will be wearing tonight? I would hope we'd hear something by now.

Old 01-31-2007, 03:36 PM   #20
digit

digit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura about

This one will be ugly....for Memphis

121-107 Mavs
digit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 04:16 PM   #21
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

dirk gets his first triple double tonight with 31-13-10
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:04 PM   #22
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

I really hate these stupid BS "mavs win by 12 points or more" bullcrap vbookie stuff... whatever happened to Mavs win/Mavs lose?

made it easier to win the bets =P
Old 01-31-2007, 05:27 PM   #23
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithXx
I really hate these stupid BS "mavs win by 12 points or more" bullcrap vbookie stuff... whatever happened to Mavs win/Mavs lose?

made it easier to win the bets =P
Yeah, they had skewed odds, but damn at least you could win something. I've won like 2 of the last 15.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:43 PM   #24
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

If they want Oden or Durant they should be in tank mode because its clear Boston has already started the race.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:47 PM   #25
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Crap, ESPN Radio just reported that Josh will miss tonights game.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:49 PM   #26
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

hmmm. someone else will need to catch fire tonight
Old 01-31-2007, 06:27 PM   #27
RolandoP

RolandoP will become famous soon enoughRolandoP will become famous soon enough

Mavs 118
Grizz 106
RolandoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:27 PM   #28
shaw-xx
Golden Member

shaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to all

Jeez, miss again? Keep stepping up guys.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:34 PM   #29
Steve13

Steve13 will become famous soon enoughSteve13 will become famous soon enough

Croshere for 40 tonight
Old 01-31-2007, 07:53 PM   #30
shaw-xx
Golden Member

shaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to all

He won't play until the baby is born?
Old 01-31-2007, 08:04 PM   #31
GermanFan

GermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to all

well if i have 99 $ i can see the mavs today mhh how do i tell my hubby the more cost on the tv bill

grummel not even a internet feed
Old 01-31-2007, 08:14 PM   #32
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

We have 4 personal fouls in 2 minutes?
Old 01-31-2007, 08:15 PM   #33
Bookit
Diamond Member

Stop the bottom scrolls please...it messes up the picture. Who cares where Waco viewers can watch college basketball?
Old 01-31-2007, 08:29 PM   #34
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookit
Stop the bottom scrolls please...it messes up the picture. Who cares where Waco viewers can watch college basketball?
Doc does.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:31 PM   #35
Bookit
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Doc does.
Not during the Mavs game he doesn't.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:16 PM   #36
Bookit
Diamond Member

Damp likes to hang on the rim doesn't he?
Old 01-31-2007, 08:28 PM   #37
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookit
Damp likes to hang on the rim doesn't he?
Yes he does, he'd almost rather hang on the rim than dunk it. Looks cool, wish I could do it.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 01-31-2007, 08:29 PM   #38
dude1394
Guru

Wonder if Diop will be able to get any dunks against the non-d of the grizzlies.

Good catch there, kinda surprised me.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:19 PM   #39
mary
Troll Hunter

Did Damp eat his wheaties?

Old 01-31-2007, 08:21 PM   #40
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

DAMP!

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote