Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-02-2003, 05:04 PM   #1
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fantasy Basketball Leagues 2003-2004

I created one, to join go here. I think Cuz is going to start one also. This one is a head to head league.

League ID#: 20782
Password: u2sarajevo

There is a limit to 12 teams, mine makes one so 11 more need to sign up.

The league name is Dallas-Mavs.com League, but all you need is the league ID # and the password above.
Old 10-02-2003, 05:15 PM   #2
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE: Fantasy Basketball Leagues 2003-2004

I think i'll join yours

I get Dirk
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 05:24 PM   #3
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Nash13
I think i'll join yours

I get Dirk
I currently have it set as an auto-draft. Which means you need to pre-rank your players. They pre-rank them, but you will want to edit that list.

I don't mind changing this to a live draft if you guys want. Even if you can't go to the live draft, your pre-ranked list will be used to select your next pick. If you guys want me to do a live draft PM me. If the majority wants that I will change it.
Old 10-02-2003, 05:50 PM   #4
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

I'm Dallas Mavericks
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 10-02-2003, 05:53 PM   #5
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I noticed that...

I am Mighty Mavericks (name I always use). Evil signed up also, he is Tide of Evil.

So we are up to 3, WOOHOOO!!!!

We need 9 more peeps to be a full league. Officially we only need an even number, but I think we should be able to get a full league.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2003, 05:56 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i would love to..but, i don't believe i'll be able to put the proper amount of time needed in order to be successful
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 09:44 PM   #7
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

I'm in.

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 10:20 PM   #8
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

I'm in also, but if you want a live draft I'm definitely OK with that.
Old 10-02-2003, 10:27 PM   #9
Nash13
Diamond Member

For those who won't have time for a live draft, the computer will automatically pick in the order of your ranking.

~The Salesman
Old 10-02-2003, 10:41 PM   #10
steponhens

steponhens is on a distinguished road

I'm in!

Napolean: Whatever I feel like! God!
steponhens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 10:48 PM   #11
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Is there a prize involved?
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 04:05 AM   #12
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

I'm in.
Old 10-03-2003, 07:35 AM   #13
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

The ape has joined
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 08:56 AM   #14
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Cool guys... so far we have the following teams (some you can discern the owner, others not):

Big Pappas (steponhens)
The Digglers (????)
fah q (I wonder? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] )
Gorilla Warriors (has to be the ape of madness)
Mighty Mavericks (me)
Dallas Mavericks (The Nash)
Tide of Evil (evilmav)
RobertDowney Juniors (???????)
the PFuzzballs (Pfuzz)

We have 9 currently. Three more teams can join.... so come on, you know you want to... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I have gotten no PM's but it seems that people here want to do a live draft. If so PM me and I will keep a running tally of the percentage of members that want to execute the draft live.

To join click here. The ID and password for the league is...

League ID#: 20782
Password: u2sarajevo
Old 10-03-2003, 05:22 PM   #15
Nash13
Diamond Member

Bump.......

Come on people, we really only need one more.

~The Salesman
Old 10-03-2003, 10:39 PM   #16
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

In case there was a question (due to the other thread from the newbie who apparently joined to post his league because he still only has one post), I too am an experienced Commisioner (what he is calling a League Owner). I promise a smooth draft, but unlike this new guy I can't promise the play will be smooth.... for that you will need to consult the players you draft. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Why do I feel he was starting a "mine's better than yours" thing???????

Am I way off base?
Old 10-03-2003, 10:43 PM   #17
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

No, I think you're right on, and that's the reason no one replied to his post.

Old 10-03-2003, 10:52 PM   #18
Dirks Cuzin

Dirks Cuzin is on a distinguished road

UR GOIN DOWN FAH
Old 10-04-2003, 11:15 AM   #19
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

n

Last edited by ShaggyDirk; 02-15-2007 at 12:02 AM.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 12:37 AM   #20
Fah Q
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dirks Cuzin
UR GOIN DOWN FAH
Lets just wait and see DC.

I imagine after the season is done you will be bowing down to me
Old 10-05-2003, 12:42 AM   #21
Fah Q
Golden Member

U2 there isn't going to be any foul play with the draft order is there? If so I have a shiny quarterif you give me the first pick.
Old 10-05-2003, 12:48 AM   #22
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Only in that I will be picking first......

Just kidding. I will not be editing the draft order. Yahoo will be selecting the order.
Old 10-04-2003, 11:21 AM   #23
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

I'm The Digglers, by the way.
Old 10-04-2003, 11:33 AM   #24
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

I'm in u2, I'm the DiabolicalFanatix...
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 12:26 PM   #25
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough

Im in
Old 10-04-2003, 12:44 PM   #26
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough

If I can count, thats 12
Old 10-04-2003, 01:45 PM   #27
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Cool.... we have 12 teams,

Gorilla Warriors (the ape of mad)
The BrAdLeYs (Cuz)
The Digglers (ocelot_ark - you trying to tell us something about your manhood? lol)
Big Papas (steponhens)
The Socks (sock, or the disease OLBS [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] )
DiabolicalFanatix (MavsFanatik33)
Mighty Mavericks (me)
Dallas Mavericks (The Nash)
Tide of Evil (evilmav)
fah q (guess....... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] )
RobertDowney Juniors (?????)
the PFuzzballs (PFuzz)

So we only have one team member that is choosing to remain anonymous, the RobertDowney Juniors....

I have gotten zero (0), nada, PM's requesting a live draft although Fah Q gave support of one, and The Nash gave a hint of support for one.

Again, PM me if you want, or just reply in this thread to throw your support for a live draft.

Be sure and SET YOUR AUTO DRAFT LINEUP in case we go ahead with an auto draft, or if we do a live draft and you aren't able to make it the list you create will be used to make your select choose haves. There is a preranked list, but you will definitely want to modify it.

Let me hear from ya!
Old 10-04-2003, 04:52 PM   #28
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

Ok, I'm all for a live draft. We'd have to make sure everyone can be on at the same time though right?
Old 10-04-2003, 07:28 PM   #29
steponhens

steponhens is on a distinguished road

I'd like a live draft, but if we don't it's cool too.

Napolean: Whatever I feel like! God!
steponhens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 07:39 PM   #30
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

either way is cool with me.

Old 10-06-2003, 08:54 AM   #31
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

go with the live draft
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 06:03 PM   #32
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Okay, I have the following positive's for a live draft:

Me
headnecktorso (formerly headneck [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] )
The Nash (although this is iffy, he never said for sure 100%)
The guy that needs to lose the flag (MavsFanatik33 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] )
steponhens
PFuzz (threw RESOUNDING support for a live draft [img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img] )
madape (which his vote alone should count for like 2 or 3 votes, but to be fair it's only one)

So that is 6 of 12 guys wanting a live draft. I think that is enough to say a majority wants the live draft (officially it's half, unless The Nash really doesn't want it live but this survey has a +/- 2 error rate, and I like to err on the side of positivity).

So can you guys help me out with telling me a convenient time? Morning, Lunch, Afternoon, Evening, Weekend, Weekday....

Or I will just arbitrarily pick a time and date convenient for me (3AM when you are all asleep [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ).

Let me hear from ya!
Old 10-06-2003, 07:54 PM   #33
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

I say a Sunday afternoon would be the best for me. If that's not good for anyone else, any weeknigh besides Wednesday is good for me. Let's get this thing goin, basketball tryout starts soon for yours truly....
Old 10-06-2003, 08:14 PM   #34
Fah Q
Golden Member

I would say sat or sun morning
Old 10-06-2003, 09:39 PM   #35
Nash13
Diamond Member

If it's any part of the weekend that's not Sunday morning(gotta go to church), i'm all for it

~The Salesman
Old 10-06-2003, 09:40 PM   #36
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

maybe i'm in, maybe i'm not.

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 07:52 PM   #37
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

My vote is definitely for a live draft, either on Sat or Sun (As long as we keep football game watching losses to a minimum)...
Old 10-08-2003, 09:06 AM   #38
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Oh I hate this part...... Having to decide a time for the live draft.

MavsFanatik wants Sunday afternoon
headnecktorso wants Sat or Sun morning
The Nash wants any part of weekend besides Sunday morning
Bad Egg is 7 hours ahead of us (so we need to consider that)
evil, the most flexible, only wants Football to not be interrupted (totally understandable).

I agree with evil that football watching time is not a good time, especially during Longhorn/Cowboys games. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Is sat/sun the only time you can do this? The reason I ask is I will be traveling the next two weekends working so my availability will be limited. Since we have so many conflicts I am just going to have to come up with a time and stick with it. Sunday late afternoon/evening spots are the most popular obviously because there are almost none left (with the exception of this coming Sunday anywhere from 3-6PM).

I setup a time, and hopefully it will stick. I picked this Sunday afternoon at 3:40PM (that gives the Cowboys enough time to finish their game). I think Veruca will be in the 11:40PM time range, evil might be happy, Fah Q will not, MavsFan will, The Nash will, I will, not so sure about Egg???

That is not set in stone, it can be changed, but the spots are filling up fast so I just picked one.

Let me hear from ya!
Old 10-08-2003, 09:09 AM   #39
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

I am totally flexible. If you decide to change it, then that's cool with me. If you need to change this to a weekday, just make sure it's after 5.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:09 AM   #40
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

works for me.