Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 09-01-2004, 03:59 PM   #1
LakerMania

LakerMania is on a distinguished road
Default MSNBC-Prosecutors ask judge for a dismissal!

details to follow but it may due to DA tampering or prejudice. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

This thing is apparently over.

edit: Judge just dismissed the case. Prosecution press conference at 7:45 PST.

Shaq
LakerMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 04:06 PM   #2
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: MSNBC-Prosecutors ask judge for a dismissal!

Well OJ was aquitted, but had to pay at the money trial. Same here for Showbe, only without the whole murder trial thing.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:37 PM   #3
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:MSNBC-Prosecutors ask judge for a dismissal!

Quote:
Originally posted by: LakerMania
details to follow but it may due to DA tampering or prejudice. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

It's pretty standard for defenses to ask jusdge for a dismissal. Asking doesn't mean it will be granted nor does it mean that anything inapproriate happened. Of course I'm sure most Laker fans half already judged Kobe by what he can do for the Lakers on the court and any evidence presented in the courtroom is totally immaterial.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:40 PM   #4
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I will tell you one thing I know.

If you poll the people after the trial....regardless of whether he is declared innocent or guilty........

40% of the people will say that the jury was wrong.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 05:10 PM   #5
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: dalmations202
I will tell you one thing I know.

If you poll the people after the trial....regardless of whether he is declared innocent or guilty........

40% of the people will say that the jury was wrong.
At least 40% Dal and many of the same people would disagree no matter what the verdict.
Old 09-01-2004, 05:20 PM   #6
Lvubun1

Lvubun1 is on a distinguished road

On Sportscenter they reported that the female prosecutor is actually 'refusing' to go on with the case, so something real big must have been dropped, pretty weird.
Lvubun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 05:24 PM   #7
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

I'm acting like I'm very surprised.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 04:44 PM   #8
LakerMania

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:

It's pretty standard for defenses to ask jusdge for a dismissal. Asking doesn't mean it will be granted nor does it mean that anything inapproriate happened. Of course I'm sure most Laker fans half already judged Kobe by what he can do for the Lakers on the court and any evidence presented in the courtroom is totally immaterial.
Read the topic again......carefully.

Shaq
Old 09-01-2004, 04:47 PM   #9
LakerMania

Apparently even though the prosecutors will ask to dismiss with the chance of retrying the case, that may not be possible.

"Prosecutors will ask that the charge be dismissed with prejudice, meaning that it can never be brought again. "

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/U..._040901-1.html

Shaq
Old 09-01-2004, 05:10 PM   #10
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Read the topic again......carefully.
Sorry, I apologize. I had read an article earlier today simple stating that Kobe's lawyers had asked for a dismissal. I see now that several news services are reporting that the prosecution is asking for a dismissal as well. Though there does seem to be some confusion as to whether the dismissal will be with or without prejudice.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:50 PM   #11
Lvubun1

Lvubun1 is on a distinguished road

Damn sure not a Laker fan but I thought the case was weak anyway. But for the prosecutors to ask for a dismissal WITHOUT prejudice meaning it can't be retried, even with new evidence, something went really, really bad. If you wanna blame somebody, blame the prosecutors.
Lvubun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 07:14 PM   #12
LakerMania

Case dismissed per the judge.

Shaq
Old 09-01-2004, 09:19 PM   #13
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all
Default RE:Judge dismisses the case against Kobe.

Kobe's statement....all I can say is....wow.

"I want to apologize to her for my behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year. Although this year has been incredibly difficult for me personally, I can only imagine the pain she has had to endure. I also want to apologize to her parents and family members, and to my family and friends and supporters, and to the citizens of Eagle, Colo.
Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter.

I issue this statement today fully aware that while one part of this case ends today, another remains. I understand that the civil case against me will go forward. That part of this case will be decided by and between the parties directly involved in the incident and will no longer be a financial or emotional drain on the citizens of the state of Colorado."

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 10:31 PM   #14
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Kobe should just shut the hell up before he digs himself in a deeper hole.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 10:35 PM   #15
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Judge dismisses the case against Kobe.

What a justice system we have. Halleluiah!!! Once again, if you are rich it doesn't mean you can get away with whatever you want to get away with.

Justice has been served!!!! Hold your head up high Kobe, you are the BEST!!!!
Old 09-01-2004, 10:50 PM   #16
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

yup....who did not know this was coming....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 10:52 PM   #17
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys, he said he was sorry. [img]i/expressions/anim_roller.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2004, 10:54 PM   #18
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
Hey guys, he said he was sorry. [img]i/expressions/anim_roller.gif[/img]
Sorry for what? He didn't do anything. That woman flying obvious false accusations at him should be the one apologizing.

Justice is served America!!!!!!

Be proud!
Old 09-01-2004, 11:10 PM   #19
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

Per Kobe's statement/ admission

Was this something that Kobe agreed to do IF the woman agreed to not go ahead with the criminal case?

That would seem to be the only rational explanation, other than a tremendous amount of guilt that Kobe had to get off his chest.

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 11:28 PM   #20
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt that Kobe wrote that statment. Probably just a condition of her droping the criminal case. We're still not any closer to knowing what actually happened. Weather he did it or not, it made more sense for Kobe to put his name on that statment than risk going to trail in Eagle Colorado.

Edit to add:
[/quote]The statement, Bryant's attorneys Pamela Mackey and Hal Haddon told ESPN's Jim Gray, was a condition of the woman withdrawing her testimony.

"Kobe was facing life in prison for a crime he did not commit," they told Gray. "The accuser insisted on that statement as the price for his freedom. The statement doesn't change the facts: Kobe is innocent and now he is free."[/quote]

Old 09-02-2004, 12:55 AM   #21
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
I doubt that Kobe wrote that statment. Probably just a condition of her droping the criminal case. We're still not any closer to knowing what actually happened. Weather he did it or not, it made more sense for Kobe to put his name on that statment than risk going to trail in Eagle Colorado.

Edit to add:
The statement, Bryant's attorneys Pamela Mackey and Hal Haddon told ESPN's Jim Gray, was a condition of the woman withdrawing her testimony.

"Kobe was facing life in prison for a crime he did not commit," they told Gray. "The accuser insisted on that statement as the price for his freedom. The statement doesn't change the facts: Kobe is innocent and now he is free."[/quote][/quote]

So Kobe lied. According to his attorney's he said things in the statement that he didn't believe to be true or mabye he was guilty and lied about that.

Oh well if you have enough money you can buy your way out of most any repercussions. Just ask the Kennedy's about that. [img]i/expressions/anim_roller.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2004, 05:08 AM   #22
Shaq Attack2

Shaq Attack2 is on a distinguished road

LRB, I don't see how the statement Kobe released incriminates him. He still says, point blank, that he believes she consented. He simply elaborates by saying that he understands where she's coming from (quite frankly, I'm not sure if Kobe really believes that, since this IS a canned statement required by the prosecutors after all). That said, it's not that hard to believe; I understand why some terrorists terrorize, they were born into it. Doesn't mean I don't believe they are wrong for being terrorists.

Anyway, the case being dropped and all the other evidence that has been reported/leaked strongly indicates Kobe is innocent anyway, so I don’t think justice wasn’t done today. I’d be far more suspicious if there was a large, out of court settlement or some sort of illegal activity to pay off the accuser.
Shaq Attack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 05:47 AM   #23
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

"I want to apologize to her for my behavior that night"

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 08:55 AM   #24
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

"I want to apologize to her for my behavior that night"

I sure hope Kobe was misquoted on that.

1996-2005
Old 09-02-2004, 10:47 AM   #25
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Shaq Attack2
LRB, I don't see how the statement Kobe released incriminates him. He still says, point blank, that he believes she consented. He simply elaborates by saying that he understands where she's coming from (quite frankly, I'm not sure if Kobe really believes that, since this IS a canned statement required by the prosecutors after all). That said, it's not that hard to believe; I understand why some terrorists terrorize, they were born into it. Doesn't mean I don't believe they are wrong for being terrorists.

Anyway, the case being dropped and all the other evidence that has been reported/leaked strongly indicates Kobe is innocent anyway, so I don’t think justice wasn’t done today. I’d be far more suspicious if there was a large, out of court settlement or some sort of illegal activity to pay off the accuser.
WTH????
Quote:
Doesn't mean I don't believe they are wrong for being terrorists.
Nice to know that you condone the targeting and killing of innocents, including children, as an acceptable means to make a political statement. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] I guess Adolph Hitler was you idol for gassing all those Jews as well. But I'm not sure how this applies to Kobe unless you're saying that it's OK for Kobe to rape and I fully support him if and when he does.

And you don't see how the statment incriminates Kobe??? Either he lied in the statement and didn't mean a word, which could mean he's possibly innocent of rape but not of lying, or he was truthful and raped the girl. It's rape if it's without her consent. It doesn't matter if Kobe thought it was consentual, what matters is whether the girl consented to it. So Kobe is admitting that he forced sex on her without her consent. That's rape or Kobe's lying or possibly both.

And if Kobe settles out of court or is sued successfully in court that hardly proves his innocence. Actually it goes more to point towards his being guilty to at least some degree more than Kobe being innocent.
Old 09-03-2004, 06:30 AM   #26
Shaq Attack2

Shaq Attack2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Nice to know that you condone the targeting and killing of innocents, including children, as an acceptable means to make a political statement. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] I guess Adolph Hitler was you idol for gassing all those Jews as well. But I'm not sure how this applies to Kobe unless you're saying that it's OK for Kobe to rape and I fully support him if and when he does.
What on earth are you talking about? Please read what I wrote, I in no way condone terrorism. I said I understand why there are terrorists that commit terrorism around the world; they were born into it. And as I said before, my understanding of that doesn't mean I don't think terrorism is wrong.

Quote:
And you don't see how the statment incriminates Kobe??? Either he lied in the statement and didn't mean a word, which could mean he's possibly innocent of rape but not of lying, or he was truthful and raped the girl. It's rape if it's without her consent.
Where does Kobe say in that statement that he was aware that she did not consent during the incident? Exactly, he doesn't say. He says after listening to her testimony and reviewing the surrounding circumstances, that he understands how she may have perceived it as rape at the time. Obviously it's hard to say much more than that without revealing the exact details of the incident, but you get the gist of it, hopefully.

Quote:
It doesn't matter if Kobe thought it was consentual, what matters is whether the girl consented to it. So Kobe is admitting that he forced sex on her without her consent. That's rape or Kobe's lying or possibly both.
No it isn't, and that's the point; we don't know exactly what was said or what their mannerisms were. If he thought she gave him the OK, and she didn't object, it's consensual. Clearly, something went on (perhaps a wink or some other gesture?) that wasn't made clear by her and/or Kobe. We just don't know exactly what went on. Based on the statement the prosecutors asked Kobe to read, it's clear that the incident wasn't as simple as...Kobe: "Can I have sex", Accuser: "No". Something vague or unclear went on that we don't know about, based on this statement that is. We'll probably hear more details in the civil trial and afterwards.

Quote:
And if Kobe settles out of court or is sued successfully in court that hardly proves his innocence. Actually it goes more to point towards his being guilty to at least some degree more than Kobe being innocent.
The criminal trial is over; it was dismissed. Harp all you want about how bad the legal system is, but the accuser decided not to testify in the criminal trial and is now pursuing a civil trial where she has less privacy if she takes the stand and the chance to earn some big dollars. Draw your own conclusions.
Shaq Attack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 09:22 AM   #27
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

so did she drop this case just to get the civil case more quickly???
the DA said he admired this "brave" young woman....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 09-02-2004, 09:26 AM   #28
sike
The Preacha

shaqattack2:"I understand why some terrorists terrorize, they were born into it. Doesn't mean I don't believe they are wrong for being terrorists."
did you just somehow insinuate that Kobe was born into raping and that he should and you understand that???

please explain this terribly confusing metaphor

Old 09-02-2004, 10:07 AM   #29
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Well, this sucks. Sure, I hated hearing about Kobe and I sorta thought he was innocent, but he could be getting away.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 10:29 AM   #30
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: DubOverdose
Well, this sucks. Sure, I hated hearing about Kobe and I sorta thought he was innocent, but he could be getting away.
The only thing getting away is the money out of Kobe's pockets. This was this girl's intention from the get go.

1996-2005
Old 09-02-2004, 10:56 AM   #31
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:
The only thing getting away is the money out of Kobe's pockets. This was this girl's intention from the get go.
Really? And you know her intentions how exactly?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 11:15 AM   #32
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road

C'mon, is hse was really raped, I mean really, then why would you not want to go throught the trial no matter what! And second;y why in the world would you not want to take the stand, you accuse him of rape yet you can't say it out loud. And thirdly why were they doing everything in the world to supress the eveidence about her having sex after kobe??????? Here comes the money trial, oops I mean the civil trial!
Old 09-02-2004, 11:23 AM   #33
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Instead of rolling in all that money that is likely to come her way, she'll now have to pay for protection for herself and family because of all those pesky leaks. Of course, the judge was sorry about all that too.

If Kobe wasn't guilty why did he and his attorney's agree to this little statement?
Old 09-02-2004, 11:52 AM   #34
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: vinnieponte
vinnieponte

C'mon, is hse was really raped, I mean really, then why would you not want to go throught the trial no matter what!
There are many reasons why someone who was really raped wouldn't want to got to trial. Maybe you should look into the stats which say that most rapes go unreported at all. Why, the neanderthals ask? Because those same neanderthals are the ones leading the chant that the victim was a whore and she got what she was asking for. Society knee jerk reaction is to blame the woman and to crucify her character if she is not 100% pure virgin who never so much as said damn or hell in her life. She truely has to bewithout any flaws to escape society heaping blame upon her and even then it's often not enough.

But this case is even worse than normal. The young woman was constantly receiving threats for bringing her case forward and her security was being compromised by a court that was constantly "accidentally", yea accidentally my ass, leaking one sided information against the young woman while at the same time placing a gag order on her to keep her from defending herself.

posted by
Quote:
And second;y why in the world would you not want to take the stand, you accuse him of rape yet you can't say it out loud.
How would you like to sit in a chair and have an attorney ask you embarrasing question, try to label you a moralless whore who'll do anything to get a penis in you, try and say that you wanted to be assaulted and raped, and point out every single acutual and imagined flaw in your character? Maybe you are a true masochist and would enjoy this. Maybe you like having people tie you up and beat the hell out of you also. But newsflash, most people don't like either of these scenarios. I have a good friend who spend 7 hours as an expert witness in a civil lawsuit among corporations being grilled by a hostile attorney in a deposition. He was paid big bucks for his time, but he said that he would never do it again. This is a man of impeccable character who wasn't attacked or even injured by the lawyers client and who felt horrible for the character assisnations thrown at him.

Quote:
And thirdly why were they doing everything in the world to supress the eveidence about her having sex after kobe???????
We don't know whether she did or did not have sex after Kobe. And if she did, it could only possibly be relevant if she had sex after Kobe and before taking the rape kit. We've only heard or seen a one sided and small part of the evidence as to whethe she did or did not have sex. It's quite possible that she did not have sex after Kobe and before the rape kit and this was all a ploy by the defense to defame her character. It's not the 1st time a tactic like this has been used by someone who was a rapist. Even taken at face value, the prosecution like the defense would want evidence stricken which did not help their case. Why did Kobe's team try and suppress as evidence Kobe's conversations with police before he was arrested if Kobe was innocent? Surely this means that Kobe was guilty? Right? Wrong. It just means that the evidence was damaging to Kobe's case and the defense wanted it stricken if legally possible.

Old 09-02-2004, 03:41 PM   #35
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: vinnieponte
C'mon, is hse was really raped, I mean really, then why would you not want to go throught the trial no matter what! And second;y why in the world would you not want to take the stand, you accuse him of rape yet you can't say it out loud. And thirdly why were they doing everything in the world to supress the eveidence about her having sex after kobe??????? Here comes the money trial, oops I mean the civil trial!
You pretty much summed it up here.

1996-2005
Old 09-02-2004, 03:39 PM   #36
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: mary
Quote:
Quote:
Really? And you know her intentions how exactly?
Assumption. She drops the charges but she was raped? What sense does that make?

1996-2005
Old 09-02-2004, 03:48 PM   #37
LRB
Guru

Quote:

Assumption. She drops the charges but she was raped? What sense does that make?

Can tell right off do don't give a rat's ass about women and their rights. What sense does it make to continue a case where she is being abused daily and unable to defend herself. What sense does it take to pursue a case where the judge is biased against her and has unfairly biased the jury pool against her? How sense does it make to continue to make rape charges when her life is being threatened for doing so and she can't afford protection? I suppose you think that it would be OK to take a women who accuses a man of rape and torture the hell out of her for a week straight. If she agreed to drop the charges then they'd stop torturing her. If she'd truely been raped she'd endure the torture. How is it living in the middle ages???
Old 09-02-2004, 11:13 AM   #38
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Quote:
That is rediculous. You know nothing of her intentions.

Kobe's statement was impressive imho. I bet there are some parameters in place for a settlement of the civil case, but his statement earned back (albeit a very small amount) some glimmer of hope that he is human and feels culpable for his actions. I give him props for making that statement.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 11:43 AM   #39
MavsFanFinley
Guru

She couldn't hold up to the pressure. Hell, I don't care why she dropped the case.

My point is that once she said I can't/won't do this anymore, Kobe owed her nothing. He didn't have to issue a statement. His attorney's said that the statement was one of the conditions for her dropping the case.

Why on earth are they agreeing to her conditions if he isn't guilty and she won't continue the trial?
Old 09-02-2004, 01:05 PM   #40
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Bottom line is that a GREAT DEAL of America will believe that this woman was out for the money all along and will actually feel sorry for Kobe's tarnished reputation, (despite the adultery)... What a shame!

Listen to some of the talk shows going on right now, (both political and sports-based), and this will become quite obvious!!!

I don't know honestly if Kobe did or did not rape her; however, I know that if he did, she is one STUPID ASS person for having let him go free...