Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-22-2002, 02:59 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i just thought i'd let everyone get their frustrations out...now that he's gone..there's alot of bitterness that needs to be let out of our system that juwan helped to bring into our hearts.

I know i'll be able to sleep better at night knowing that the mavs have ended the juwan howard era.
They have moved on and into the right direction. Thank you cuban and thank you nellie.

in case eveyone is wondering, i'm glad the worst defensive PF/C in the league no longer plays for the mavs..i'm glad he's wearing a nugget uniform
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 03:10 PM   #2
Joe Joe
Banned

Joe Joe is on a distinguished road

Thats the damn thing he is a PF, why in the hell did he have to guard Shaq? Nellie put the 6 9 Juwan on him rather than the 7ft guy who people think can play center. Juwan is no center and don't have the size to play center. Dirk is considered a center by some and has the size of a center. Dirk has the size, why not him? I will tell you why, he is a defensive liability. After Duncan scorched him for 50 something, Nellie I guess finally realized it. I don't want to hear that Juwan was on him mostly, that's crap. Howard at 6 8, 6 9 guarding a guy 7ft guy. That's riduculous, don't get mad at him cause he had to suffer because of a guys poor D. You never seem to say anything about Dirk or his horrible D, why is that Murphy? You say the worst PF/C, hell you didn't mention Dirk in that cause Juwan is surely a better defender than Dirk is and he's 6 9 taking the other teams better frontcourt player, why is that Murphy? I don't buy the "to keep Dirk out of foul trouble" crap, maybe if he was a better defender he wouldn't have to foul when he gets beat all the time. I am not saying Juwan is better, but to bash him for Dirks poor D is wrong.
Joe Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 03:16 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i kinda see it like growing up...my grandmother had her favorites.., myself included...then you always have the odd ball in the family..the cousin that no one really likes and that everyone wishes wasn't there on thanksgiving and Christmas. and oh how eveyone just wishes he would just decide that he didn't want to be a part of the family anymore.. get pissed off and move further away. besides, he didn't have anything to offer..he was the odd-ball cousin.

that's how i see juwan. he was the oddball cousin that didn't fit in with this mavs team. no one really liked him..besides the people that felt sorry for him.
juwan, you were a real trooper but you never had a chance here.
you were a defect. there was something about you that was different.. something about you that made eveyone know...he's not a guy we want around here.

but he's finally gone.
so i say good-bye to my odd-ball cousin..and good-bye to the odd-ball mavs...

bye juwan.

thank you for not making the memories even more....thank you for benig traded. it is, quite simply, the best thing you've done for the mavs since you've been here...or, were here.

well see you again..but only a few times a year..
Old 02-22-2002, 03:45 PM   #4
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

The one thing I hate about pro sports is trades. No matter how good a trade is, it hurts the people it affects, at least the ones that go to the crappy teams. I Liked Juwan as a person. He worked hard (to no avail), and he was never injured. He has some shining moments. But he has this thing with gravity that just doesn't work out in this proffesion. He has a good understanding of the game and can play smart (that's why Nellie liked him). He's a God fearing man. That is altogether too rare.

So, no need to bash him more. The trade was enough.

I'll miss TBugg too.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 03:50 PM   #5
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Juwan made the Mavs better all year. Maybe not to the extent all of us wanted him to do, but he finally found another way to give us momentum and another level - he left.

Thanx Juwan for one Year and the possibility to trade for them!

Farewell and don´t be too harsh when you meet us on the pitch again.
Old 02-22-2002, 04:08 PM   #6
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I was a fan of Juwan when we acquired him and slowly became disenchanted with him. Now he's gone and the Mavs are much better for his passing. I will not miss the team leader in missed dunks.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 04:21 PM   #7
Joe Joe
Banned

You and Murphy sure do agree alot for some reason, why is that? He surely can't be the leader in missed dunks. He missed dunks, Bradley missed dunks, dirk missed dunks. Heck everyone missed a dunk or 2, like MJ and CWebb did in the AllStar game.
Old 02-22-2002, 04:22 PM   #8
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

He wasn't the leader in missed dunks. But he was definitely the leader in missed "completely wide open looks from two feet out" shots. I'm sorry to see him go only because he was a nice person, not because he helped the team much this year.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 04:23 PM   #9
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< You and Murphy sure do agree alot for some reason, why is that? >>

Because we haven't had anything to fight about this year yet. Ask anyone who has been on the board for awhile - we went at it hammer and tong last year.
Old 02-22-2002, 04:25 PM   #10
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Well Joe Joe, I'm not a person who agrees with Murph too often, but this one..................................... I do... I was actually a fan of Juwan's, thought he could work out. Going into the playoffs last year, I thought Murph just had a vendetta against the guy. However once the playoffs started and the beginning of this year, the guy did NOTHING! He was just a fifth person out there.

He played better as of late, but it wasn't good enough in my eyes. As Jack truth said, I feel bad for him because he's going to a sorry team and I feel bad for Timmy too because I liked him alot but not bad enough that I don't wish the trade didn't happen.
Old 02-22-2002, 04:36 PM   #11
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

What exact position are you in Murphy3 to say that nobody liked him? Unless you are referring to fans such as yourself of course? You speak as if you are actually on the roster or something. You are a FAN, Murphy, whether you like the players or think they fit in is irrelevant, because you are a fan.
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 05:00 PM   #12
Joe Joe
Banned

Exactly Epitome, I do not know what's wrong with Murphy3 sometime.
Old 02-23-2002, 05:36 PM   #13
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

&quot;i just thought i'd let everyone get their frustrations out...now that he's gone..there's alot of bitterness that needs to be let out of our system that juwan helped to bring into our hearts.

I know i'll be able to sleep better at night knowing that the mavs have ended the juwan howard era.
They have moved on and into the right direction. Thank you cuban and thank you nellie.

in case eveyone is wondering, i'm glad the worst defensive PF/C in the league no longer plays for the mavs..i'm glad he's wearing a nugget uniform

i kinda see it like growing up...my grandmother had her favorites.., myself included...then you always have the odd ball in the family..the cousin that no one really likes and that everyone wishes wasn't there on thanksgiving and Christmas. and oh how eveyone just wishes he would just decide that he didn't want to be a part of the family anymore.. get pissed off and move further away. besides, he didn't have anything to offer..he was the odd-ball cousin. &quot;

--Murphy3, the voice of reason.

&quot;The sleep of reason produces monsters.&quot;--Goya

Here we have The Voice of Reason talking in its sleep.

MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2002, 08:01 PM   #14
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

looooooooooooooool
Old 02-24-2002, 12:23 AM   #15
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

<< I will not miss the team leader in missed dunks. >>

Um MFFL, I do not believe we have traded Bradley yet.

Quite frankly I feel a bit sorry for Howard. He was a classy, hard working guy. He was bashed endlessly. I think the main problem with Howard was he didn't really fit in our system. Juwan was a slow it down post-up player that would have benefitted from playing with a real center. However, he was in a fast paced offense that didn't really have a center, just a bunch of perimeter guys. Talentwise, there might not be much gap between Howard and LaFrentz, but in our offense (as seen tonight), LaFrentz just fits in better.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 09:30 PM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

fintastic, i'm glad to see someone else posting that...juwan simply didn't fit with the mavs offense.

plus, he looked kinda goofy and sucked on defense.

good-bye..please, don't ever come back to dallas as a spare at the end of your career.
it's just a simple request
Old 02-24-2002, 09:31 PM   #17
Murphy3
Guru

he might not have been the leader in missed dunks..but i'm willing to say he's the leader in the history of basketball in broken backboards. too bad they weren't from dunks..but were from his jumpshot
Old 02-24-2002, 09:55 PM   #18
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

It's been 2 days since it was confirmed that Juwan Howard won't be in a Maverick uniform again. What gives Murphy? did he nail your girlfriend or something?

Move on
Old 02-24-2002, 10:03 PM   #19
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

<< did he nail your girlfriend or something? >>

Juwan Howard couldn't nail a 5 footer in an open gym. What makes you think he'd be able to nail Murph's girlfriend?
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 10:47 PM   #20
Epitome22
Golden Member

Well, status as a rich ball player vs status as an elite message board member may help...But seriously with all apoligies for the last comment and no offense intended I don't even know or care if murphy has a girlfriend. Just trying to reason for his creepy obsession with Juwan Howard.

As for not being able to hit 5 footers in an open gym, Juwan has a fairly decent jump shot for a PF and is very capable of hitting mid range to 18 footers like he did against the Lakers. Even on his worst day, I'd put money on Juwan's ugly ass jump shot over yours. Then again, he is a professional, and you're just another dime a dozen message board coward.
Old 02-24-2002, 10:53 PM   #21
MFFL
Guru

<< you're just another dime a dozen message board coward. >>

Wow - the strikes are just adding up tonight.
Old 02-24-2002, 10:54 PM   #22
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

<< Even on his worst day, I'd put money on Juwan's ugly ass jump shot over yours. Then again, he is a professional, and you're just another dime a dozen message board coward. >>

Strike one? There's no need for that crap. And besides, what the hell are you? My guess is a coward like your boy RCF/LAC HocusPocus/Joe Joe has proven to be. Ask him about that sometime since you are so interested in licking his sack these days...
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 10:54 PM   #23
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

**nods head** That's right... I'm just a dime a dozen message board coward.

Everyone knows I would've made it to the NBA if I hadn't blown out my knee in high school. I'm tellin' ya I was the bomb... ya know? I was better than Odom, Maggette, Olowakandi, Miles, Richardson, Piatkowski, and Brand **combined**!

Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 10:56 PM   #24
Joe Joe
Banned

Don't argue with the likes of Bayliss or any of these guys Epitome.
Old 02-25-2002, 09:40 AM   #25
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Juwan Howard couldn't nail a 5 footer in an open gym. What makes you think he'd be able to nail Murph's girlfriend?

Lol Bayliss.
Old 02-25-2002, 11:34 AM   #26
Joe Joe
Banned

You can call me a coward on the Internet all you want, but you and me both know I will mop the floor with you anyday! That's my word, Crippler! You talk talk talk, I called you out 1 day and you didn't show. So from this point on, I know what you are and you know what you are.

Bayliss anyone of those guys will beat you or anyone else not named Kobe or Shaq 1 on 1, and that's the bottom line. Maybe not Pike or Kandi but any other 1 of them will beat you and anyone else!!
Old 02-25-2002, 12:16 PM   #27
MavsMavsMavs

MavsMavsMavs is on a distinguished road

I am a anonymous poster, that's strike 1 vs Crippler! Yet he wasn't warned.
Mavs Mavs Mavs are #1
MavsMavsMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 12:27 PM   #28
MFFL
Guru

Crippler has his PM function turned on. If the moderators need to contact him, they can do it privately.
Old 02-27-2002, 03:22 PM   #29
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

Looks like Juwan found a new friend ...

This is from a Denver Coloumnist:

If Howard wasn't being paid $18.75 million (a gift from the old Washington Bullets), you'd like his game. Until McDyess is reacclimated, Howard will be the Nuggets' top scorer, and when McDyess is, Howard will be the team's top rebounder. And the Nuggets will be able to take a long, hard look at Howard and decide if he is worthy of a fresh (and considerably lower) contract after the 2002-03 season.

Murph, your turn ... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2002, 05:39 PM   #30
Epitome22
Golden Member

He does make way too much money
Old 02-27-2002, 07:32 PM   #31
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Talk to Pat Riley.
Old 02-28-2002, 02:11 AM   #32
Murphy3
Guru

juwan's game is full of &quot;empty&quot; stats.
he does nothing in crunch time..and often does nothing at any other time of the game.
He is pathetic defensively and the nugget fans will still hate him as much as i do as a player.

i don't really care whether or not he is overpaid...the only thing that bothers me is that he sucks
Old 02-28-2002, 09:14 AM   #33
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

Murph.....!

What happened between you two? Would he not sign your new Mavs jersey?

News flash: Juwan is gone! (and averaging almost 22ppg in his three games with Denver)

Let him go, Murph. Let it go. Move on. Release the bitterness from whatever jilting or perceived slight Juwan inflicted on you.

Enjoy the new guys. Enjoy your new Dirk bobblehead. You'll feel so much better.

P.S. If you're gonna keep posting about how bad he sucks, at least tell what happened to make you hate him so much.
Old 02-28-2002, 06:17 PM   #34
Murphy3
Guru

nothing happened between us.

to be honest, i really don't need you telling me what i need to post about.

so please, never let it happen again.

thank you
Old 02-28-2002, 06:48 PM   #35
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

<< to be honest, i really don't need you telling me what i need to post about. >>

Murph, luv ya, but you kinda have a pissy attitude.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 08:32 PM   #36
Murphy3
Guru

i believe that having a pissy attitude when someone tells me what to post about and what not to post about is well within my rights as deemed by DJ, Rob, Dallmav, and Mavsfanfinley.

I hardly think my comments were out of place. I haven't been telling anyone else what to post about..or what to get-over..or what to move on from..neither have you..nor anyone else. So, i took exception to someone doing it to me.

no name calling..no nothing else. as far as i'm concerned, with my response to the situation..this is pretty much a done deal..nothing more to add to the story..

I'm just ending a problem before it starts. Kinda putting some ground rules on what i will and will not accept. being respectful to other posters is one of the rules of the forum...and i'm sure the person in question now realizes it
Old 02-28-2002, 08:42 PM   #37
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

You have the right to post whatever you want, Princess, whether you come off looking obsessed about Juwann or not.

I have the right to comment upon it.

Don't get your knickers in such a twist--it was intended as a gently teasing post.
Old 02-28-2002, 08:57 PM   #38
MikeFin4

MikeFin4 is on a distinguished road

Juwan is a great player IMO, and will be missed here with the Dallas Mavs.
Old 02-28-2002, 09:19 PM   #39
Murphy3
Guru

yes, you have the right to post what you like..but please do not make personal remarks towards me and please don't tell me what to post.

it's fine to disagree and debate..but can we please leave the personal remarks about other posters out of it
Old 02-28-2002, 10:23 PM   #40
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

General Post to No One in Particular:

It is my opinion that repeated gratuitous negative posts in a thread entitled 'Juwan Howard bashing thread...' treads perilously close to being in violation of the Community Standards, Section: Basic Guidelines, Subsection--Harrassment which states in part:

&quot;..Harassment not only includes individuals but also can apply to insults against others teams, players and groups of Dallas-Mavs.com members.&quot;

It is my further opinion, however, that rather than complaining to a moderator about this breach of Community Standards, members should be able to discuss the nexus of such posts in a light-hearted, (subjectively) humorous, non-abusive, adult manner, without anyone's feelings, sensibilities or sensitivities being encroached upon unduly.

It is my conclusion that if a poster can not accept such playful banter in the spirit in which it was intended, he or she should desist from posting potentially offensive or inflammatory remarks against other teams, players, groups or Dallas-Mavs.com members, and that perhaps such a member should not be granted unsupervised access to a computer.

To register a contrarian view, please access the link below:
&quot;I hate Juwan.&quot;