Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-24-2005, 12:21 AM   #1
Waschdel

Waschdel is on a distinguished road
Default Dallas at Clippers gameday thread

The fourth game in five days. Will the Mavs find a way to win? What about Josh - can he play? The Mavs should be tired and need to stay focused. This one has to be won by the will and the dedication. It would be the first time the Mavs win six in a row this season. Go Mavs!! 105 - 99
Old 01-24-2005, 12:32 AM   #2
akaarod03

akaarod03 is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Dallas at Clippers gameday thread

Memo to Waschdel: You should start a game day thread the day of the game...not the night before
akaarod03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 12:35 AM   #3
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

According to the forum time it is Monday Jan 24. He posted 21 minutes in time.

Anyway.. I think Clips will play very tough against us because we beat them last time and it will be kind of like that Atlanta Hawks showing against us when we went to their place. I think we have learned from that experience and the Mavs will keep it a closer game than that one was. Hopefully we can come out of L.A. with a win.

Very Dangerous game.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:05 AM   #4
Waschdel

Quote:
Originally posted by: akaarod03
Memo to Waschdel: You should start a game day thread the day of the game...not the night before
Memo to aakarod03: I started this thread 44 minutes earlier than you did the night before - so what?
Btw, my day already began but your moon still shines...

Living in Germany I forgot that you´re living in central time and not forum time. My bad...
Old 01-24-2005, 01:18 AM   #5
akaarod03

Quote:
Originally posted by: Waschdel
Quote:
Memo to aakarod03: I started this thread 44 minutes earlier than you did the night before - so what?
Lol

Calm down dude...I'm just stating that it was 11:21 pm Dallas time when you opened the game day thread...I just thought it would be more appropriate to open the game day thread on the actual day of the game...my bad.

Old 01-25-2005, 12:55 AM   #6
akaarod03

Quote:
Originally posted by: Waschdel
Quote:

Living in Germany I forgot that you´re living in central time and not forum time. My bad...
It's Ok Waschdel...I doubt starting the game day thread on the day of the game would have made a difference tonight. Although we're 0-3 when the game day thread is not started on the actual day of the game! The Mavs looked slow, tired, unprepared, etc. This was one of the worst games of the season. The fact that the Spurs lost tonight hurts even more.

What is our record when J-Ho does not play? I venture to guess it's below .500.

Old 01-24-2005, 01:18 AM   #7
seal614

seal614 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Dallas at Clippers gameday thread

everyone wants their name on the gameday thread!!

or we're all extremely bored. Take your pick.

- Brian
seal614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 09:31 AM   #8
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

No nailbitter, please! 121-104 Mavs.
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 09:39 AM   #9
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

98-90 Dallas.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:49 AM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

85-109
Waschdel strarted the game day thread too early...the Mavs lose...dirk gets injured
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 09:54 AM   #11
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
85-109
Waschdel strarted the game day thread too early...the Mavs lose...dirk gets injured
OMG, didn't know that, are you sure?
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 10:22 AM   #12
Waschdel

Quote:
85-109
Murph rejinxed my fault by orthographic voodoo - thrank you!
Old 01-24-2005, 10:55 AM   #13
samoan-maverick

samoan-maverick is on a distinguished road

im gonna go to the game, and i gonna watch them destroy the Clippers and i'll probably get jumped with all these Clipper fans, but who cares.

Mavs- 112
Clippers- 95
Old 01-25-2005, 12:38 AM   #14
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
85-109
Well, I won't get the score right but maybe the margin of victory.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:43 AM   #15
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

I'll have your back if there is any fan jumping tonight samoan :-) I'll be in the green Dirk P. Diddy.
Mavs have never lost while I was at Staples. Here's to keeping that streak alive.

Mavs - 115
Clips - 103
Old 01-24-2005, 12:16 PM   #16
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

With Damp and Bradley hurting, I don't think we'll have enough rebounding & defensive presence to stop Brand & Kaman. With Josh probably out, we don't have anyone to stop Maggette. To top 'em all, this is our 4th game in 5 days. I'm hoping for a win but expecting an unfortunate Mavs' loss: 92-103
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 12:39 PM   #17
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I'm hoping for some more M'Benga!

And Finley to get back on track
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 01:21 PM   #18
bo319

bo319 is on a distinguished road

Clipps are on a 5 game losing streak...Mavs on a 5 game winning streak.

Magette didn't play Sat. night in NO. If he plays tonight and Josh doesn't...then we are in for a long night.

Magette plays then Clipps win. No Corey...Mavs win.

Mavs 88
Clipps 94
bo319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 02:13 PM   #19
Don_Didi

Don_Didi is on a distinguished road

That is the big question. If Corey doesn't play, we must win this one, period. Don't get me wrong, I like Quinton Ross (he played in the Belgian league last season, for the same team Vincent Yarbrough is at now), but even tough he can be an efficient player, he's pretty average. This would compensate for us not having Josh Howard.

The important, the vital thing for tonight, is rebounding. We cannot, I repeat CANNOT let ourselves be dominated again like we did the first three quarters against the Clippers, on the boards that is. People like Elton Brand and Bobby Simmons were just geting too many offensive rebounds, this must improve. Hopefully our centers (especially Damp) will be fit enough to grab a dozen (or facilitate rebounding for his teammates).

Go Mavs!
Don_Didi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 02:14 PM   #20
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

I think it will be more of the same. Mavs will be lackadasical in the first three quarters and they'll pull it out in the end.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:19 PM   #21
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

If this game were played tomorrow with another days rest, I'd take the mavs no doubt. With Howard hurting, and the team fatigued, I think this is setting up for a rough night...
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 05:10 PM   #22
bricklayer

bricklayer is a jewel in the roughbricklayer is a jewel in the roughbricklayer is a jewel in the roughbricklayer is a jewel in the rough

Watching the game yesterday the anouncers were consitantly harping on how the mavs need to push the ball up the court. I was thinking maybe they weren't doing it because they were tired. Today's second half may even be slower. The game will be closer than the score 98-92 mavs win.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:32 PM   #23
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road

I hate to do this, and it sounds crazy but I think we get dealt a loss. I'm going to get alot of sh$t for this but it comes with the territory. We arrive tired and they get a early lead which we find hard to come back.
Mavs 96
Clips 104
Old 01-24-2005, 06:36 PM   #24
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Mavs 99 Clips 77 sound familiar. The mavs come out with a great defensive effort and hold the clips to 38 percent shooting. Damp finishes with 20 points and 10 rebounds his best effort of the season. Dirk has his first career triple double.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 11:13 AM   #25
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: vinnieponte
I hate to do this, and it sounds crazy but I think we get dealt a loss. I'm going to get alot of sh$t for this but it comes with the territory. We arrive tired and they get a early lead which we find hard to come back.
Mavs 96
Clips 104

Damn, Guess I was wright [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 01-24-2005, 09:10 PM   #26
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I don't like the feel of the next two games. The Mavs don't seem to play well in the Pacific Time Zone.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 09:53 PM   #27
Don_Didi

Don_Didi is on a distinguished road

Guys, Jaric is playing. So, Corey better b eout, or we're screwed. Really, really screwed.
Don_Didi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 10:31 PM   #28
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Yahoo shows that Howard and Maggette are both out. Stackhouse is starting in Howard's place.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:33 PM   #29
Murphy3
Guru

what channel is the game on locally?
Old 01-24-2005, 10:41 PM   #30
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
Yahoo shows that Howard and Maggette are both out. Stackhouse is starting in Howard's place.
Jaric is available but will play limited minutes...

and I get the Clippers telecast here. I like them quite a bit.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 10:45 PM   #31
Murphy3
Guru

come on Fin......don't reach in on a situation like that.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:45 PM   #32
Murphy3
Guru

ya think Stack will ever realize that he's a bad jumpshooter?
Old 01-24-2005, 10:46 PM   #33
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
ya think Stack will ever realize that he's a bad jumpshooter?
...right at about the same time that Fin realizes he can't dribble...
Old 01-24-2005, 10:59 PM   #34
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

It would be extremely useful if Bradley was available tonight.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:00 PM   #35
Murphy3
Guru

3-3, 1-1, 2-2...gotta get more looks...
Old 01-24-2005, 11:02 PM   #36
Murphy3
Guru

dirk...the forgotten man.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:04 PM   #37
Murphy3
Guru

nice job attacking the rim stack..even a better job getting away with 4-5 steps....
Old 01-24-2005, 11:00 PM   #38
Bayliss

And Bradley is in there.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:04 PM   #39
NoHeartIncluded

NoHeartIncluded is on a distinguished road

boy stack got away with that one

-Jimmy Valvano
NoHeartIncluded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 11:08 PM   #40
NoHeartIncluded