Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-07-2002, 02:19 PM   #1
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Thought I would go ahead and start the gameday thread. I don't know why but I have a weird feeling about this game.

Strange and possibly useless gameday stats and notes:

1. Toronto has lost 12 straight

2. The Mavs are coming off of their lowest point total of the season despite a win.

3. A Toronto loss tonight will drop them to 13-13 against the West. This will leave the New Jersey Nets as the only East team to be over .500 against the West.

4. Toronto's last victory came exactly 1 Month ago against San Antonio.

5. A win tonight, A win against the Wizards in a week, and one of two from the Lakers and the Mavs will have beat every team in the league.

6. Bradley has not played more than 13 minutes in a single game for 1 Month. I think he might see some minutes tonight breaking that trend.

7. Dirk is averaging 14.8 boards over the last 6, even more surprising Finley is averaging 7.8

8. Against Phoenix NVE, Nash, Dirk, Fin, and Raef accounted for 73/81 shots taken.

9. A Mavs win tonight will put them in a tie with the Kings atop the West (Though the Kings winning % will still be better).

10. Toronto's schedule over the next few is a tough one. It is possible they could approach 20. Their next 6 are Dallas, Miami, Orlando, New Jersey, Sacramento, Minnesota.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 02:37 PM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Dallas J already started a raps/Mavs thread, but it's ok.

I think we'll win but I'm alittle nervous because Toronto is due for a win.

Raps 101
Mavs 110

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 02:40 PM   #3
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

oops, sorry didn't see it. My bad Rob, Dallas J

Old 03-07-2002, 05:23 PM   #4
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

ya and I'm sure you did'nt notice my thread either
Old 03-07-2002, 07:56 PM   #5
grbh
Platinum Member

Sorry Rod, I didn't realize it was a gameday type thread. I did read it, but it seemed to disolve into a nickname thread. Anyway my bad.

Old 03-07-2002, 09:14 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

the mavs are definitely hot early.....dirk is feeling it..and lafrentz already has two blocks..dirk, gotta take away the base line
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 09:18 PM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

dirk should have taken it to the hole instead of pulling up from the free throw line..but, how can you argue with a open look from the free throw line
Old 03-07-2002, 09:28 PM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

i hope this isn't another game where the mavs come out hot and then lay an egg after getting a big lead
Old 03-07-2002, 09:38 PM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

bradley is in the game..hits an early bucket...
but then fouls hakeem..the dream got away with a hook..

no turnovers so far.
hmm..
Old 03-07-2002, 09:42 PM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

what's up with missed free throws..already missed 5 on the game

Old 03-07-2002, 09:54 PM   #11
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

DAMMIT...The game is blacked out friggin again.

Murph- how about some quarterly reportsw? Thanks.

Doc
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 09:55 PM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

dirk just had a monster swat...lafrentz followed it up with a rejection of clark at the rim..his third of the game... mavs up 2
Old 03-07-2002, 09:57 PM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

lafrentz is playing great..but just picked up his third foul..bradley is back in the game for the second time..just picked up a board
Old 03-07-2002, 09:58 PM   #14
Murphy3
Guru

beautiful beautiful feed from dirk to fin..but fin doesn't go up for the slam and gets swatted
Old 03-07-2002, 09:59 PM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

50-47 mavs with 2:11 left in the first... mavs have been good at handling the ball..i think only two turnovers..
the one by dirk was a horrible call..he was called for a charge when the raptors player was within the restricted area...
oh well

the mavs have got to get more pressure on their outside shooters and have got to get some more boards
Old 03-07-2002, 10:01 PM   #16
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Stinking AT&T has blacked out TNT for me, but has not bothered to let me see the local broadcast either. This is the kind of crap that drives me insane.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 10:02 PM   #17
Drbio
Banned

madape - I feel your pain ....it is total BS! Blackouts suck!
Old 03-07-2002, 10:03 PM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

yeah..luckily i'm able to see it on FSW...fin misses a free throw..another free throw missed for the mavs.. 8 for 14
Old 03-07-2002, 10:04 PM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

nice hustle by najera but it does no good to get an offensive board and then throw it away
Old 03-07-2002, 10:04 PM   #20
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Ahh . I found it. It was mis-labeled on the digital cable guide..

OUCH! massive Shawn Bradley facial!!!!
Old 03-07-2002, 10:05 PM   #21
Murphy3
Guru

bradley posterized by keon clark..but there was really nothing he could do in the situation...
Old 03-07-2002, 10:06 PM   #22
madape
Diamond Member

At least he was in position to challenge the shot. I don't think it was his man. It looked as though Clark was cutting.
Old 03-07-2002, 10:07 PM   #23
Murphy3
Guru

bradley hits the shot to give the mavs the lead going into the half..

what's up with nick.. 1 for 6 from the free throw line
Old 03-07-2002, 10:07 PM   #24
Drbio
Banned

Bradley and posterized...two words that are not expected t oappear in the same sentence.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Doc
Old 03-07-2002, 10:07 PM   #25
Murphy3
Guru

yeah..with clark cutting and braldey just coming back from doubling down..there wasn't much he could do..but it was impressive by clark
Old 03-07-2002, 10:08 PM   #26
Drbio
Banned

whats the halftime score?
Old 03-07-2002, 10:11 PM   #27
Murphy3
Guru

55-54 mavs
Old 03-07-2002, 10:13 PM   #28
Drbio
Banned

Thanks. If you wouldn't mind, I'd appreciate the 3rd and final score too....I'll check back later...stinking blackouts!
Old 03-07-2002, 10:15 PM   #29
Murphy3
Guru

don't worry about that
Old 03-07-2002, 10:18 PM   #30
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I want somebody to answer me this...

How many times has Keon Clark ran around Dirk for the easy basket?
Old 03-07-2002, 10:21 PM   #31
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

It's been an interesting game for me - I'm trying to pay attention to the game (hard to do when doped up on flu medicine) and it has been difficult to get a handle on the flow of the game. One team makes a run, then the other, etc. The winner might be the last team to be hot.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 10:32 PM   #32
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Dirkenstein playing well so far.... Mavs need to move their feet and be aggressive on the defensive end though.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 10:38 PM   #33
Murphy3
Guru

twice early..i know keon clark just had a basket..but dirk was helpside and rejected him...but no one else was there to help out
Old 03-07-2002, 10:53 PM   #34
Murphy3
Guru

nve has got to play a little bit more under control...he takes way too many bad shots....not necessarily tonight..but he has forced a couple of shots
Old 03-07-2002, 10:57 PM   #35
Murphy3
Guru

dirk, fin and nash are all playing pretty well offensively.... with dirk and nash shooting well from the floor
10-16 for dirk and
6-9 for nash..

lafrentz has also shot the ball well from the floor

88-77
Old 03-07-2002, 10:59 PM   #36
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Um Murph, Fin is shooting well too. Not just Dirk and Nash.

He's 7-16, but more importantly, he's 8-10 from the ft line.

He only has 3 rebounds, but does have 6 assists to go along with the offense.

Oh, nice move NVE.
Old 03-07-2002, 11:04 PM   #37
Murphy3
Guru

sorry mffl, but you didn't exactly read my post..i said dirk and nash are shooting well "from the floor"... 7 of 16 isn't good from the floor. However, i did mention him playing well offensively

didn't mean to offend you but i said nothing offensive to finley.. or nothying that was incorrect

the mavs are really starting to take over now
Old 03-07-2002, 11:13 PM   #38
Murphy3
Guru

another authoritative slam by dirk...that's a couple for him..along with a nice one by fin and a impressive one by clark...this has been a highlight reel game as far as slams go.

i guess maybe this actually shows that dirk can jump and is athletic around the rim
Old 03-07-2002, 11:14 PM   #39
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

What did >I< say?

I just logged on to say MONSTER SLAM BY DIRK!
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 11:14 PM   #40
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I was in the process of typing "why don't they give Dirk an iso" when DAMN! Why in the hell doesn't he do **that** more often?

If the Mavs rebounded tonight they could be up by about 30.

Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote