Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-18-2006, 07:42 PM   #1
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all
Thumbs down Old Finley Jerseys (Friday Night)

Burning in a smoldering pile in front of the ACC!

There is no way in HELL Fin's jersey goes up in the rafters!

Last edited by birdsanctuary; 05-18-2006 at 07:43 PM.
birdsanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 07:45 PM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I heard animosity in Cuban's voice on the radio show, and ultimately any retired jerseys would go through him.

Terry was being politic-- beating around the bush

Cuban came out and said it-- Finley started this bullshit. Whether he contacted the league or got his team management to do it, it was his whining that got this suspension. You could also hear the anger in his voice when a fan asked him about whether Finley had animosity against him and he responded talking about getting paid 15 million a year
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 08:05 PM   #3
victornewman

victornewman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsanctuary
Burning in a smoldering pile in front of the ACC!

There is no way in HELL Fin's jersey goes up in the rafters!
Hey, I've got several Michelle Finley jersey's. I'll bring them if someone can come up with something where Dallas fans can show their anger towards Finley.
I don't think we could burn--fire safety issue's and all, but if someone could come up with something safe, I'm "In."
victornewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 08:12 PM   #4
She_Growls
Golden Member

She_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by victornewman
Hey, I've got several Michelle Finley jersey's. I'll bring them if someone can come up with something where Dallas fans can show their anger towards Finley.
I don't think we could burn--fire safety issue's and all, but if someone could come up with something safe, I'm "In."
No you can't burn anything, but someone should just designate an area for the MAVS fans entering the game Friday, to throw their Finley jersey, such as the fountain area. A few MAVS fans should stand around the pile with signs, stating, "BURN FIN BURN". All for fun and support of our Mavericks...
She_Growls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 08:11 PM   #5
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Pathetic display. Absolutely pathetic.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 08:13 PM   #6
Folterkammer

Folterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really nice

the only mavs jersey i ever bought was a finley jersey ( i got my dirk jersey as a present from my brother ) and i`m still wearing it with pride .
and f*ck it i`m damn pissed about all the fin hating going on around here..

stop it for heavens sake . he did so much for this franchise and after he got kicked outta here by cubes he get`s so much hate.. can`t understand it and i feel embarassed when i read some of the posts written on this board
Old 05-18-2006, 08:43 PM   #7
She_Growls
Golden Member

She_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folterkammer
the only mavs jersey i ever bought was a finley jersey ( i got my dirk jersey as a present from my brother ) and i`m still wearing it with pride .
and f*ck it i`m damn pissed about all the fin hating going on around here..

stop it for heavens sake . he did so much for this franchise and after he got kicked outta here by cubes he get`s so much hate.. can`t understand it and i feel embarassed when i read some of the posts written on this board
I respect the fact that you are a Finley fan; so was I until this series, even a Spurs fan after the Mavericks. But Cuban tried to end this relationship with Finley with dignity. Ending a relationship is never easy, whoever the parties. But instead of Finley just leaving and working out his hurt EGO in private, he has made it public. Enough already with the "I didn't do anything wrong; I didn't leave, they didn't want me". The "Classic Victim!" He could have kept that to himself. Finley keeps bringing this up, so obviously, he still has hurt feelings. Perhaps your embarrassment is misguided? Please continue to support Finley; I understand. But respect those, who chose to get off the Findog bandwagon too.
Go Mavericks!

Last edited by She_Growls; 05-18-2006 at 08:54 PM.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:14 PM   #8
veronicamae

veronicamae is an unknown quantity at this point

Why so much hatred? I guess you're all more vulnerable than you've been acting lately, if you think losing Terry for one game is worth all this stupid sh*t - you act like the series was just stolen from you. But TERRY is the one that did it, not Finley, so grow up.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:35 PM   #9
She_Growls
Golden Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by veronicamae
Why so much hatred? I guess you're all more vulnerable than you've been acting lately, if you think losing Terry for one game is worth all this stupid sh*t - you act like the series was just stolen from you. But TERRY is the one that did it, not Finley, so grow up.
This is not about Finely nor JET. It's about FIXED NBA Games. Period. We have the best bench if the NBA, we fear nothing, including the classless Spurs. Good Luck tomorrow and Good Night.

Last edited by She_Growls; 05-18-2006 at 08:44 PM.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:34 AM   #10
veronicamae

Quote:
Originally Posted by She_Growls
This is not about Finely nor JET. It's about FIXED NBA Games. Period. We have the best bench if the NBA, we fear nothing, including the classless Spurs. Good Luck tomorrow and Good Night.
You're all not seriously thinking that NOW the games are fixed, when you were all just yelling about Spurs fans saying similar things for Games 3 & 4? You are LAUGHABLE.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:35 AM   #11
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:
You're all not seriously thinking that NOW the games are fixed, when you were all just yelling about Spurs fans saying similar things for Games 3 & 4? You are LAUGHABLE.
No, we're not ALL saying that. Thank you.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:43 AM   #12
veronicamae

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleefilled
No, we're not ALL saying that. Thank you.
Alright, I will correct myself. Many of you have stated this fact, but after reading the entire thread, I find that a respectable number are assuming responsibility for it and making an attempt to not act as if the sky is falling or that this is all Finleys fault.

Though that wasn't quite the case earlier today.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:40 AM   #13
Cybertx

Cybertx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Read all the thread, why do you think we are having this discussion?
Cybertx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:43 AM   #14
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm certainly not saying that, but I do find your stance here to be maybe a tad hypocritical because you were whining about the reffing in games 3 and 4 and now you sit here chiding several Mavs fans doing the same thing. Plus, I doubt even half the message board is claiming that there is a "fix."

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 05-19-2006 at 12:44 AM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 08:24 AM   #15
veronicamae

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
I'm certainly not saying that, but I do find your stance here to be maybe a tad hypocritical because you were whining about the reffing in games 3 and 4 and now you sit here chiding several Mavs fans doing the same thing. Plus, I doubt even half the message board is claiming that there is a "fix."
I am only laughing about what's happening because the majority of you here did nothing bit complain about how Spurs fans were whining about the officiating as if it were a crime, when, after a loss, many Mavs fans started doing the same thing as if it were perfectly fine. I shouldn't have generalized, I'll apologize for that.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:48 AM   #16
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
yes that person was just as laughable as all of the sp*rs fans have been whining about calls for a week now. Even to getting Barry's daddy out there to carp about it.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:34 PM   #17
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
kiss my butt. The mavs fans are venting about the whole thing, either join in, shut up or sit down. I'm not interested in your opinion.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 05-18-2006 at 09:35 PM.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:03 PM   #18
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Screw Finley. I say dump his jersey at the front door. I hate the guy now.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:05 PM   #19
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

Fin gets hate around here cuz he has been declining and the emerging Mavs team needed him from the bench a la Stack. He had too much ego for that so he went and played for someone else's bench and took a heap of cash with him. Props to him for getting paid but screw him, he is now the enemy.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:13 PM   #20
Dirk Bomb

Dirk Bomb will become famous soon enoughDirk Bomb will become famous soon enough

I think Fins reaction was only normal... he almost got punched in the nuts, even though Terry didn't mean to do it... so he was pissed, and complained, like anybody would. Terry doesn't deserve the suspension, but i understand why they handed it down. I never was a big Fin fan even when he was a maverick, I don't dislike him anymore because of this situation, but I do enjoy booing him because he is on the other team. I don't think we have to respect somebody and applaud them for what the did in previous years for our team. This is the playoffs damn it...
Dirk Bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:31 PM   #21
xmiltsx

xmiltsx is on a distinguished road

didn't cuban cut finley because it was a business decision in the best interests of the team? finley coming to the spurs was in his best interests, which i believe is equal to cuban's business decision. maybe cuban should have used the amnesty clause on van horn or dampier.
xmiltsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:12 PM   #22
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I just don't get it. Why not focus your anger on Terry? What exactley did Finley do wrong? He responded to a guy taking a swipe at his nuts. How is this any different than what any of us would have done?

Flip the tables people, flip the tables. If Bowen does this to Dirk, Cuban is carryign the tapes on his private jet to the league office, and is on every radio show in America calling for a suspension.

This sucks, but good grief, taking it out on Finley doesn't make any sense to me.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:14 PM   #23
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

WTF? Mavs fans are acting like Spurs fans now. I'm sorry but i'm embarassed at the classless comments made toward Finley by Mavs fans. God forbid Dirk ever gets traded or signs with another team.

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 05-18-2006 at 11:14 PM.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:35 PM   #24
101 6 7

101 6 7 will become famous soon enough101 6 7 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
WTF? Mavs fans are acting like Spurs fans now. I'm sorry but i'm embarassed at the classless comments made toward Finley by Mavs fans. God forbid Dirk ever gets traded or signs with another team.
No it's idiot fans acting like idiot fans. Every team has them. There are people in SA who don't want Avery's jersey in the rafters now: Pathetic.

I'm proud of Avery.
I'm proud of Fin.
I'm proud of the Spurs.
I'm proud for the Mavs.

F**k the NBA.
101 6 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:41 PM   #25
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101 6 7
No it's idiot fans acting like idiot fans. Every team has them. There are people in SA who don't want Avery's jersey in the rafters now: Pathetic.

I'm proud of Avery.
I'm proud of Fin.
I'm proud of the Spurs.
I'm proud for the Mavs.

F**k the NBA.

Damn. Well I guess I shouldn't feel so bad now since there are guys who actually don't want AJ's jersey in the rafters just because he's coaching for the opposing team lol. You have guys mad at Finley for getting punched in the balls by Terry and you have guys in San Antonio who are mad at AJ for winning games. Wow lol.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:15 PM   #26
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Shamefull thread.

Sad really. It's spursreport like, really.....

I think some of you were complaining about the SR guys saying they would burn their AJ jerseys in the midst of their 3 game losing streak.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:19 PM   #27
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

we did have 5 of the spursreport guys here for the entire day
Old 05-18-2006, 11:24 PM   #28
Cybertx

this forum has lost a lot of class lately, we went from the smartest forum to db quality and we are topping the lowest(sp.com) levels.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:27 PM   #29
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

"I'm mad! And to show it, I'm going to burn my clothes!"

Nah...it doesn't work for me.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:39 PM   #30
dude1394
Guru

Whatever.... Mavs fans are just venting on this unfortunate turn of events. It's the same thing they'd be doing around a beer.

Just because they are bitching about this and throwing out hyperbole doesn't mean.

"the board has lost a lot of class". Whatever.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:40 PM   #31
dude1394
Guru

I'm going to burn my finley bobble-head.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:44 PM   #32
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Whatever.... Mavs fans are just venting on this unfortunate turn of events. It's the same thing they'd be doing around a beer.

Just because they are bitching about this and throwing out hyperbole doesn't mean.

"the board has lost a lot of class". Whatever.
I wouldn't say the whole board has lost class, I understand the venting. I just dont' understand it being directed toward Finley. Cuban's statement are embarassing to me, and for anyone to say Finley's number doesn't go into the rafter of the AAC over this is riduclous, and I'll never forgive Cubes if he lets that happen.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:47 PM   #33
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
I wouldn't say the whole board has lost class, I understand the venting. I just dont' understand it being directed toward Finley. Cuban's statement are embarassing to me, and for anyone to say Finley's number doesn't go into the rafter of the AAC over this is riduclous, and I'll never forgive Cubes if he lets that happen.
you'll never forgive cuban if he lets Finley's jersey get hung in the rafters?
would you forgive him if he prevented it from being hung?
Old 05-18-2006, 11:48 PM   #34
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Then direct the post to that person...don't throw out this blanket "this board has lost class" like it means anything. Don't take any of this crap seriously right now. If Mike doesn't get his jersey in the rafters TOUGH S***. To be honest I don't give a damn about mike, he's a stinkin SPUR for goodness sakes.

He plays for the team that has kicked our ass for years he does not get a pass just because he was a good guy. He went to the spurs to try and beat the mavs to the championship. If he gets one then I don't ever want to see his jersey up there. If he doesn't maybe. I'm just not interested in being magnanimous to a spur, sorry.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:03 AM   #35
Cybertx

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Then direct the post to that person...don't throw out this blanket "this board has lost class" like it means anything. Don't take any of this crap seriously right now. If Mike doesn't get his jersey in the rafters TOUGH S***. To be honest I don't give a damn about mike, he's a stinkin SPUR for goodness sakes.

He plays for the team that has kicked our ass for years he does not get a pass just because he was a good guy. He went to the spurs to try and beat the mavs to the championship. If he gets one then I don't ever want to see his jersey up there. If he doesn't maybe. I'm just not interested in being magnanimous to a spur, sorry.
I'm not talking about just this game, i really don't care about finley hell, i used to get into discussions because i wanted him traded since 2003.

But you know men this venting is pretty similar to SP, we didn't used to do that years ago and we were a worse team.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:38 PM   #36
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Yea it takes a dumbass to burn your own clothes. Why not give your clothes to charity if you have the money to burn clothes.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:43 PM   #37
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Seems like this board has lost a lot more than class. If they are burning clothes than they have lost common sense as well.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:43 PM   #38
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
Seems like this board has lost a lot more than class. If they are burning clothes than they have lost common sense as well.
quit yer whining
Old 05-18-2006, 11:45 PM   #39
Cybertx

this it's not venting man, it's not even whining, it's worse
Old 05-18-2006, 11:46 PM   #40
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybertx
this it's not venting man, it's not even whining, it's worse
yeah, its you being self-righteous and trying to correct a board that has been venting all day. No one likes that at all.