Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-27-2001, 05:35 PM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

<u>Dallas-Mavs.com Jersey Contest</u>

To celebrate the re-opening of the Dallas-Mavs.com Forums, we are proud to announce the second Dallas-Mavs.com Jersey Contest! Unlike the first contest where the winners were randomly drawn, this time <u>you</u> have control over the outcome! Here's how it works:
  • To be eligible, you must first be a member of this board. If you aren't already a member, registration is fast, easy, and completely free!
  • For every message you post, you will receive 1 point.*
  • For every new member you get to sign up here at the Dallas-Mavs.com Forums, you will receive 15 points.**
  • On April 18th, the member with the most points will receive either a replica Michael Finley road jersey OR a Dallas Mavericks hockey jersey [photo]. Your choice!
The contest officially started on Friday, Feb 23rd, with the re-opening of the forums. Please post any questions or comments you have regarding the contest in this thread. Good luck!

* Members who post spam or junk msgs with the sole purpose of boosting their post totals will be disqualified.

** Once the new member signs up, he or she must post a message in the Contest Referrals Thread with the name of the user who referred him/her. IP checks will be conducted to make sure everything's legit (meaning, members who create bogus new accounts WILL BE BANNED!)
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2001, 01:57 AM   #2
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

The board has now been up for one full week. Here's a look at the current point leaders:

1...ROB W R (122pts)

2...Hales233 (90pts)

3...giostar (36pts)

4...MavsFanFinley (27pts)

5...dallmav (13pts)
Old 03-03-2001, 10:29 PM   #3
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

Allright ROB go and kick some ass why dont you.
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 10:24 AM   #4
dallaslaker

dallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura about

Hey guys, just joined up. I saw the post in NBAtalk about this site.
Yes I am a Laker fan, but I don't see the point in trashing other teams, especially on their boards. I'm really a basketball fan and I just love a good game. I moved to Dallas about 3 years ago and have been supporting the hometown Mavs since. I absolutely LOVE what Cuban has done for them in his short time of ownership.

The site looks pretty good, but doesn't to have many people in here yet, which would explain the contest to get people to join/post.
I have a suggestion about this contest. Is there some way you can get an immediate, up-to-date account on the scores? That would be very nice to have and could get some posts going back and forth.

Be talkin' to y'all later!
dallaslaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 11:06 AM   #5
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Welcome to the board dallaslaker [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

You can get an update on the point totals by clicking on the &quot;Today&quot; section above. It's not updated in real time but it's close. It does Not include the 15 bonus points for getting new members to sign up though.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 11:21 AM   #6
djb
Administrator

Glad to have you aboard dallaslaker! Don't worry about getting flamed here, cuz me and dallmav are going to make sure the trashtalk here is kept to a minimum!

Oh and in addition to clicking the &quot;Today&quot; tab like Rob mentioned, I'll also be posting the top 5 scores every Friday. We've only been up for a little over a week now (previous board got wiped clean when we switched servers) so there's plenty of time for everyone to catch up.
Old 03-06-2001, 10:08 PM   #7
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

DallasLaker, you used to contribute fairly often to the Mavs' Rant on sportstalk. Where have you been lately?
Old 03-08-2001, 06:43 PM   #8
dallaslaker

dallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura about

EvilMav, maybe I've taken over someone else's identity. I haven't really posted that much. I usually just like to check out the post in the morning and in the afternoon before I leave work. I've been posting on this site from home, at night.
Old 03-09-2001, 02:01 PM   #9
djb
Administrator

1259 messages and 21 sign-ups later, we've now reached the two-week mark! Here are the current point leaders:

1...ROB W R (269pts)

2...Hales233 (133pts)

3...Evilmav2 (88pts + 1 referral = 103pts)

4...dallmav (45pts + 2 referrals = 75pts)

5...giostar (56pts)

Remember, we've only been up for two weeks. With SIX weeks to go, there's still plenty of time to catch up!
Old 03-12-2001, 10:19 PM   #10
Proximo_X

Proximo_X is on a distinguished road

Rob and dallmav will have to share the credit for me joining. I hope thats allowed.
Old 03-12-2001, 11:18 PM   #11
djb
Administrator

I'm cool with that..though it's not like Rob needs any more points [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-13-2001, 10:50 AM   #12
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Give my shared credit to scooter. He posted it there before I did and everyone just ignored him. Besides, he needs it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Old 03-16-2001, 01:48 PM   #13
djb
Administrator

Exactly three weeks ago, the Dallas-Mavs.com Forums were reborn. 2201 messages and 37 sign-ups later, I present to you the current point leaders!

1...ROB WR (403pts + 3 referrals = 448pts)

2...Evilmav2 (187pts + 1 referral = 202pts)

3...dallmav (103pts + 4 referrals = 163pts)

4...Hales233 (147pts)

5...scooterj5 (116pts + 1 referral = 131pts)

Evilmav2 has only been a member for a week and half, yet he's in second place! I told you all there was still PLENTY of time [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] We haven't even reached the midway point yet!
Old 03-16-2001, 01:52 PM   #14
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

GO EVILMAV! GO EVILMAV! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

btw, check your PM's [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Old 03-16-2001, 05:22 PM   #15
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hahaha... Something tells me I have been spending a little to much time on the computer lately...
Old 03-23-2001, 02:26 PM   #16
djb
Administrator

3241 posts and 53 sign-ups in just four weeks! Here's a look at the current point leaders:

1...ROB WR (537pts + 3 referrals = 582pts)

2...Evilmav2 (279pts + 1 referral = 294pts)

3...Hales233 (227pts)

4...scooterj5 (171pts + 1 referral = 186pts)

5...dallmav (121pts + 4 referrals = 181pts)
Old 03-23-2001, 03:45 PM   #17
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

where am i, dj?
Old 03-23-2001, 03:49 PM   #18
djb
Administrator

You've got 74pts BBL. LAM0015, madape, FineCubanCigar, and Mavinator are slightly ahead of you.
Old 03-27-2001, 03:42 PM   #19
derek harper

derek harper is on a distinguished road

how long does it take to become a member?
derek harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 03:49 PM   #20
djb
Administrator

Title..Posts Required

New Member..0
Junior Member..20
Member..100
Senior Member..500
Elite Member..1000
Guru..5000
Old 03-30-2001, 05:39 PM   #21
djb
Administrator

4319 posts and counting! Here's a look at the current point leaders:

1...ROB WR (621pts + 3 referrals = 666pts)

2...Evilmav2 (423pts + 1 referral = 438pts)

3...Hales233 (273pts)

4...LAM0015 (260pts)

5...scooterj5 (237pts + 1 referral = 252pts)
Old 03-30-2001, 06:38 PM   #22
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Rob has achieved the sign of the devil...
Old 03-30-2001, 06:52 PM   #23
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

Thats a bad sign
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 10:00 AM   #24
dallaslaker

DJ, I've got a suggestion for you to consider. When a thread has multiple pages, it always starts you off with the first one when you first enter the thread and also when you add a post. How about changing this in reverse order with the latest showing most recently. It's kind of annoying because I'm on a unix machine at work with Netrape and it absolutely sucks. I have to wait like 15 second for each page to come up and some these threads are getting pretty long.

Anyway, just something to consider. Still love the site. I've notice that NBAtalk has seriously declined in Mavs fans. I think Mavinator is pretty much the only person to grace the boards. I read, but don't actually post that much. Keep up the good work!!
Old 04-10-2001, 10:06 AM   #25
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

dallaslaker , I believe you can do that by clicking on the &quot;Customize&quot; tab at the top. You can change it to however you want I think. Might want to give that a try [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Old 04-10-2001, 10:33 AM   #26
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

rob, you truly are $Rob$. I was wondering the same thing.
Old 04-10-2001, 10:46 AM   #27
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Thanks BBL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Old 04-10-2001, 11:04 AM   #28
djb
Administrator

Thanks for helping the guys out Rob [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I just woke up from an 18hr sleep. Well actually I got up at 9 last night to eat and watch some tv, but I've pretty much been out all day and night! Worked on another web site on Sunday and ended up pulling an all-nighter. Can't believe I actually finished a whole stinkin web site in less than 24hrs [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Now maybe I can finally get some work done on this site (then again, there's that term paper for my law class..).
Old 04-13-2001, 10:59 PM   #29
djb
Administrator

Haven't posted an updated in a while so here it is [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] We're closing in on 6000 total posts (!) as well as the end of the contest!

1...ROB WR (827pts + 3 referrals = 872pts)

2...Evilmav2 (482pts + 1 referral = 497pts)

3...Hales233 (435pts)

4...LAM0015 (353pts)

5...scooterj5 (278pts + 1 referral = 293pts)
Old 04-14-2001, 12:36 PM   #30
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

When does this end? I wasn't going to try, but I have quite a few posts and thought I might as well give it a shot. I don't think I'll catch up though.
Old 04-14-2001, 01:57 PM   #31
djb
Administrator

Contest ends this coming Wednesday, April 18th. Unless you get like a couple dozen people to join the board, I don't think you'll be able to give Rob a run for his money [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] You can also try to convince Rob to push back the contest too, but I doubt he goes for it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2001, 10:52 PM   #32
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

What ever. I'm not here to &quot;win&quot; anything [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Old 04-14-2001, 11:26 PM   #33
djb
Administrator

Uh huh suuure Rob [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2001, 11:38 PM   #34
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

Nah...I don't really have a legit. shot at all.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2001, 12:15 AM   #35
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Ok, well...ummm, The contest is extended to a further date yet to be determind.

Cool DJ [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Old 04-15-2001, 03:25 PM   #36
djb
Administrator

Rob has been kind enough to drop out of the contest and let someone else have a shot at the jersey! Since it was his decision to do so, I asked him to set the new contest end date. His decision? May 30th Memorial Day [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Here are the current point leaders:

1...Evilmav2 (512pts + 1 referral = 527pts)

2...Hales233 (474pts)

3...LAM0015 (357pts)

4...scooterj5 (278pts + 1 referral = 293pts)

5...dallmav (198pts + 4 referrals = 258pts)

Flying Tiger (228pts), Mavinator (214pts), and Madape (204pts) are close behind.
Old 04-16-2001, 03:51 AM   #37
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Nice work Rob [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-16-2001, 10:32 PM   #38
Mavs#1Fan

Mavs#1Fan will become famous soon enoughMavs#1Fan will become famous soon enough

Evilmav referred me.

&lt;&lt;LOL - I had to check the spelling twice. I orginally typed Evilmav reefered me, which has a totally different meaning.&gt;&gt;

Sorry to have posted to the wrong thread.
Mavs#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2001, 03:52 PM   #39
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

LOL Mavs#1... No reefering going on around here. Boozing yes... Reefering no...

Old 04-25-2001, 10:57 PM   #40
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Is this thread supposed to be falling [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] ? .