Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-01-2006, 08:23 PM   #1
MeganLuvsMavs

MeganLuvsMavs is a jewel in the roughMeganLuvsMavs is a jewel in the roughMeganLuvsMavs is a jewel in the rough
Angry Mavs Won't Be Raising Banner in front of Spurs

By JAIME ARON, AP Sports Writer
November 1, 2006

DALLAS (AP) -- The Dallas Mavericks are letting the San Antonio Spurs off easy in their season opener Thursday night.

Rather than raising the banner proclaiming themselves "2006 Western Conference Champions" in front of the state rival they beat along the way, the Mavs are saving the ceremony for their second home game.

That's right, Mark Cuban is skipping a chance to rub it in.

"Because opening night is its own celebration, we wanted to do the banner raising separately," Cuban wrote in an e-mail Wednesday. "In addition, winning a conference championship is not our ultimate goal. So the banner raising was more as a thank you to the fans than anything else."

Cuban might have done it -- if he thought it would bother the Spurs.

"I love to stir things up," he added. "But this is at our place, not theirs. Raising the banner doesn't stir things up in front of our fans."

Artificial gestures aren't needed to stoke a matchup between the teams that had the two best records in the West last season and are among the favorites to win it all this season.

The Spurs and Mavs played one of the best playoff series in years, and possibly the best ever in the second round, with Dallas pulling it out in overtime of Game 7 in San Antonio. The Spurs seemed to have it won until Manu Ginobili shocked everyone by fouling Dirk Nowitzki on a drive to the basket, letting the big German sink the tying free throw at the end of the fourth quarter.

The subplots were as terrific as the games. There were built-in storylines like Mavs coach Avery Johnson's close ties to the Spurs and longtime Dallas star Michael Finley now playing for San Antonio. Others developed, from Mavericks guard Jason Terry getting suspended one game for punching Finley to Cuban making fun of San Antonio's River Walk.

Dallas went on to beat Phoenix to become Western Conference champions for the first time. The Mavericks were halfway to winning it all, then blew a big, late lead in Game 3 and wound up having to watch the Miami Heat celebrate their title in Dallas.

Between Dallas going into the season aiming for two more wins and San Antonio trying to reclaim its spot atop the state, conference and league, it's obvious why this matchup was picked to highlight the third in the NBA's series of opening nights.

"I think it's great," San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich said. "To get out there right off the bat will wake us both up for the start of the year."

Terry was even more enthusiastic.

"I love it, love it," he said, smiling wide. "Why wait? Let's get it started. The team that wins this, obviously, is not going to (automatically) win the championship, but for us it does give us a little edge if we can come out on top. It's definitely what everybody wants to see. It's a good test for us early."

It may not be a full evaluation, though. Spurs point guard Tony Parker is battling a sprained ankle and may be a game-time decision.

"I have to convince Pop," Parker said Wednesday. "If I feel a little bit of pain I'm not going to take any risks. ... Hopefully it will be fine and I'll be ready to go."

Both teams come into this season with new looks.

Dallas has five new rotation players, leaving Johnson the challenge of figuring out how to divvy up the playing time among Greg Buckner, Anthony Johnson, Devean George, Austin Croshere and rookie Maurice Ager.

San Antonio has two new centers after giving up on Rasho Nesterovic and Nazr Mohammed during the playoffs. Francisco Elson likely will join the starting lineup, with Fabricio Oberto getting more minutes.

AP writer Elizabeth White in San Antonio contributed to this report.
MeganLuvsMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:42 PM   #2
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

we dont want to pull a miami heat, after all
Old 11-01-2006, 09:45 PM   #3
MeganLuvsMavs

MeganLuvsMavs is a jewel in the roughMeganLuvsMavs is a jewel in the roughMeganLuvsMavs is a jewel in the rough

^^^True that...but we aren't sorry ass Miami though.

I'm from Dallas but I'm in college in Virginia and I won't be able to see the banner raised since the second game won't be on national TV. I never seen a Mavs banner raise and I'm gonna miss it. They completely forgot about the fans out of state. Can somebody record it and YouTube it please??

Last edited by MeganLuvsMavs; 11-01-2006 at 09:47 PM.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:28 PM   #4
VivaNajera
Golden Member

VivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganLuvsMavs
^^^True that...but we aren't sorry ass Miami though.

I'm from Dallas but I'm in college in Virginia and I won't be able to see the banner raised since the second game won't be on national TV. I never seen a Mavs banner raise and I'm gonna miss it. They completely forgot about the fans out of state. Can somebody record it and YouTube it please??
Its a Western Conference Championship banner, it means nothing, All it means is that you got 2nd place. The mavs shouldnt be parading it around because the real banner now hangs in American Airlines Arena(Miami) whether we as mavs fans like it or not
VivaNajera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:46 PM   #5
MeganLuvsMavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaNajera
Its a Western Conference Championship banner, it means nothing, All it means is that you got 2nd place. The mavs shouldnt be parading it around because the real banner now hangs in American Airlines Arena(Miami) whether we as mavs fans like it or not
It may mean that to you but it doesn't to me. I still wanna see the ceremony either way. That was a hard fought for Western Conference title. To me winning that was harder than it shoulda been getting the championship title.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:40 AM   #6
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
It may mean that to you but it doesn't to me. I still wanna see the ceremony either way. That was a hard fought for Western Conference title. To me winning that was harder than it shoulda been getting the championship title.
Great point. I kinda think that SA would not raise it as well, because nobody wants to give the other team some extra motivation. SA is motivated enough by losing and pouring salt into the wound may not be the best medicine.

I think the best way to handle SA is to blow them out tonight and start planting the seed of doubt in their minds very early. Beating SA soundly tonight will do more than just raising the banner.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:52 PM   #7
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
"Because opening night is its own celebration, we wanted to do the banner raising separately,"
Allow me to translate: We don't want to piss off the Spurs and have them ruin our night.

Quote:
"I love to stir things up," he added. "But this is at our place, not theirs. Raising the banner doesn't stir things up in front of our fans."
Come on Mav fans. Tell me you don't buy this crap. Tell me you wouldn't go nuts getting to watch the banner go up, and knowing that the Spurs had to sit there and watch it go up as well.

What a complete cop-out by Cuban. I guarantee you that if the roles were reversed that the Spurs would raise that banner on you.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:56 PM   #8
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of

The Man fans deserved the ceremony--and they should have done the ceremony on opening night against the Spurs.

I can't figure out Cuban on this one. He is not shy. I don't think he was concerned about pissing off the Spurs.

There has to be a different reason other than the one that he is stating publicly.

I was disappointed--I wanted the Spurs to see the Mavs raise the banner--have their fans go crazy for half an hour with thunderous applause and cheering and jeering the Spurs until they could not speak anymore.

Damn! What a shame!

What do you think was the reason?
Big Shot Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 11:22 PM   #9
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shot Rob
The Man fans deserved the ceremony--and they should have done the ceremony on opening night against the Spurs.

I can't figure out Cuban on this one. He is not shy. I don't think he was concerned about pissing off the Spurs.

There has to be a different reason other than the one that he is stating publicly.

I was disappointed--I wanted the Spurs to see the Mavs raise the banner--have their fans go crazy for half an hour with thunderous applause and cheering and jeering the Spurs until they could not speak anymore.

Damn! What a shame!

What do you think was the reason?

I agree BSR. I think it's bogus. I wanted to see it raised right on opening night, get all of the celebrations out of the way and get it started.

I don't understand waiting until the second game at all.

I can't tell whether he's trying to rub it in Nelson's mug or let him in on the celebration, but I believe the former. If so...bush by cubes.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 11-01-2006 at 11:23 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 11:24 PM   #10
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry but the folks in the arena would very much like to see the banner raised.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 11-01-2006, 10:57 PM   #11
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

I would like to see them raise it on Nov.6 when Nellie comes to town.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 11:08 PM   #12
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Ill go with Jacks Idea.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky

Last edited by mqywaaah; 11-01-2006 at 11:08 PM.
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 11:16 PM   #13
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Opening night is about beating the Spurs, and taking a game lead in the division. A lead in the division is as important tomorrow as it is in march.

screw the banner, this team needs to get focused on the task at hand.

Im ready. lets go
Old 11-01-2006, 11:35 PM   #14
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of

That celebration is for the fans just as much as it is for the team--hell, after enduring years when the Mavs were the laughing stock of the leaguye and really sucked really bad to get to where they are today, the fans really are the ones who deserved this ceremony tomorrow night.

Maybe Cuban wanted to do it when Nellie was present--and maybe he did want to rub it in. I did not know that Nellie left on such bad terms with Cuban.

Nothing would compare with the excitement of Mav fans seeing that banner raised in the presence of Duncan, Manu, Parker, et al. Nothing.

Maybe he thinks this will give the Spurs an extra incentive to win. Believe me--the Spurs don't need an extra incentive--they have been looking forward to tomorrow night's game even since game 7 last season.

Really puzzling decision--can't figure Cuban out on this one.
Big Shot Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 11:38 PM   #15
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Ok now that we have discussed that, here comes the big question... Is everybody ready to get this Mavs season started? I donno about you guys, but I sure as hell am ready!

Old 11-01-2006, 11:38 PM   #16
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Unless the banner says "State Champs" who gives a crap.

I don't need to see anything hanging in the rafters - I've got

seared in my memory bank.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:56 AM   #17
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity
Unless the banner says "State Champs" who gives a crap.

I don't need to see anything hanging in the rafters - I've got

seared in my memory bank.

If any spurs fan ever says anything to me, I'm going to just pull out that picture
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 07:53 AM   #18
George Gervin

George Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
If any spurs fan ever says anything to me, I'm going to just pull out that picture

We don't like them. They don't like us," Stackhouse told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram this week. "That's it. It may all sound sweet when you're talking to the media, but when you actually get between those lines, man for man, I don't like them.
"You can write it down. Put it in present tense. Whatever you want to."
Horry attributed Stackhouse's comments and Cuban's conduct to "a little bit of jealousy."
"They're the only team in Texas," Horry said, "that doesn't have a championship."
We just know there's a team in our way to try to win the championship," Horry said. "They have nothing we want. The only people that have something we want are the Miami Heat.
"All these other banners ... Western Conference champions ... that don't mean nothing. That's just like winning a medium battle in a big-ass war

I really enjoy Big Shot's willing to talk it up..
George Gervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 07:56 AM   #19
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithXx
oh and just so you guys know, I'm gonna save dude1394 the trouble of writing a novel on the subject, but he has season tickets... tand we, the ones that don't, are the little people
Well if the shoe fits you one trick pony. But I'm not sure many would group themselves into your royal "we", nor would I insult them by doing so.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:16 AM   #20
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Well if the shoe fits you one trick pony. But I'm not sure many would group themselves into your royal "we", nor would I insult them by doing so.
the only insult here is to the poor seat that has your jackass smashed on it 41+ times a season
Old 11-02-2006, 10:28 AM   #21
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Gervin
1-7 3PT

Here's to hoping Old Shot Bob's continues to jack 'em up to back it up.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:30 AM   #22
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Gervin
"They have nothing we want. The only people that have something we want are the Miami Heat.

I'm so glad rob doesn't want the Western Conference Championship....... you know, because you need that to play in the finals. But nicely said, Horry!
Old 11-02-2006, 01:25 PM   #23
MeganLuvsMavs

Well let's dwell on what we won and not so much what we didn't. It's done and let's just get ready for Jan 21....REDEMPTION!
Old 11-02-2006, 01:31 PM   #24
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
I'm so glad rob doesn't want the Western Conference Championship....... you know, because you need that to play in the finals. But nicely said, Horry!
lol
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 01:35 PM   #25
George Gervin

George Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70

I'm sure any Mav player would want one of his 6 rings... Rob knows more about Western Conference Championships than any one on the Mavs..LOL
George Gervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 11:42 PM   #26
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Yeah! Thats the spirit,Cap!

Last edited by mqywaaah; 11-01-2006 at 11:42 PM.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:46 PM   #27
MeganLuvsMavs

Just some Mavs fan care about that ceremony, some don't. This is for those who do.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:47 PM   #28
dude1394
Guru

If you aren't going to be at the arena then you really shouldn't care. I do know that the folks at the arena will really enjoy it.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:49 PM   #29
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

i care about that ceremony but I wont be in the arena when that happens, so all I can do is spectate and elaborate.

Old 11-01-2006, 11:52 PM   #30
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqywaaah
i care about that ceremony but I wont be in the arena when that happens, so all I can do is spectate and elaborate.
Sorry mqywaah(sp)...the post was for the poo-pooers..

Last edited by dude1394; 11-01-2006 at 11:52 PM.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:52 PM   #31
MeganLuvsMavs

^What? That's why I wanna see it, cause I won't be there. Like I said, it means something to me as a die-hard fan who went through years of a sorry team to see them get this Conference championship banner raised.

If it's useless to you and other's that's cool...but a lot of us who won't be able to see the game on FoxSW wanna see it and it's a special moment.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:59 PM   #32
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

No biggie.

Wont they air the Mavs-GSW game?

Old 11-02-2006, 12:01 AM   #33
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqywaaah
No biggie.

Wont they air the Mavs-GSW game?
I believe all regular season games are on the tube somewhere. Check the mavs scheudule.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:05 AM   #34
MeganLuvsMavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
I believe all regular season games are on the tube somewhere. Check the mavs scheudule.
The Spurs V. Mavs will be shown nationally, the game where they show the banner ceremony will air on FowSW. So Mavs fans out of state, such as myself(I'm in college), won't be able to see it.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:40 AM   #35
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
The Spurs V. Mavs will be shown nationally, the game where they show the banner ceremony will air on FowSW. So Mavs fans out of state, such as myself(I'm in college), won't be able to see it.
I'm out of state too, but I lucked out this time because I live in the Bay Area, so I will get to watch the Mavs-Warriors game

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 12:23 AM   #36
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

oh and just so you guys know, I'm gonna save dude1394 the trouble of writing a novel on the subject, but he has season tickets... and we, the ones that don't, are the little people

Last edited by WraithXx; 11-02-2006 at 12:24 AM.
WraithXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 04:16 AM   #37
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithXx
oh and just so you guys know, I'm gonna save dude1394 the trouble of writing a novel on the subject, but he has season tickets... and we, the ones that don't, are the little people
Since I have the 1/2 season package, I guess that makes me what?Half sized?

Anyway, my half doesnt include the SA game, but I do get Golden State, so I'll get to cheer the banner. Since I've been going to Mavs games since 82, I'll enjoy it, and think of it as the 1st of many.

Cuban may have picked this day to needle Nellie, But I'll be cheering for the Mad Scientist too. Without him, there would be no banner, no Dirk, no Donnie and no Avery. He had the good sense to come, the good sence to leave, and the grace to replace himself with the coach of the year.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:41 AM   #38
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I don't really understand it, but w/e. I care about the cermeony, and think it's really cool, but I think maybe it's either cuz he doesn't feel like rubbing it in, or he wants Nellie to be part of it. Either way, I will enjoy watching it

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:49 AM   #39
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I was there the season after the Stars got to the Finals and lost to the Devils.....and it was just kind of embarassing, and uncomfortable being asked to celebrate what essentially amounts to LOSING in the Finals, at home in 6 games. Same thing the Mavs did.

I don't see any need for it, and I know the players don't either.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:00 AM   #40
VivaNajera
Golden Member

VivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of light

At first I dont think it was but as of now due to some circumstances, its more of a slap in the face and sticking it to Nellie. since he wants to sue Cuban and all and the disdain mark has for Nellie
VivaNajera is offline   Reply With Quote