Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-07-2007, 11:45 AM   #1
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Portland Trailblazers @ Dallas Mavericks GDT

Portland Trailblazers (31-44) @ Dallas Mavericks (62-13)

STATS LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Info
Date: 4/7/2007
Time: 8:00PM CST
TV: FSN, NBA League Pass
Josh Howard had to watch the Dallas Mavericks' loss on Friday from the sidelines after suffering a sprained ankle. He wants to make sure that doesn't happen again Saturday when Dallas hosts the Portland Trail Blazers.

Howard sprained his right ankle going for a loose ball with 4:40 left in the first quarter of Friday night's 75-71 loss to the Denver Nuggets. He did not return, finishing with just two points.

The forward's 19.2 points per game rank second on the Mavericks, but ankle ailments have hindered him. He missed eight games earlier in the year with a sprained left ankle, and two more in late January after spraining his right ankle.

Howard, however, wasn't limping after the game and said he didn't expect to miss Saturday's contest.

"The ankle is fine," he said. "I"m fine."

The loss meant Dallas (62-13) will not join the 1995-96 Chicago Bulls as the only teams in NBA history to win 70 games. If the Mavericks win out, they can finish with 69.

Friday's 71 points were the fewest the Mavericks have scored this season. The poor offensive night came despite the return of Dirk Nowitzki, who missed Tuesday's 97-93 win at Sacramento because of food poisoning.

Nowitzki had 22 points and 12 rebounds Friday.

The Mavericks are trying to avoid suffering consecutive losses for just the second time since opening the season 0-4. They lost at Golden State on March 12, then fell at home to Portland in double overtime on March 14.

Dallas has won both meetings against Portland (31-44) this season, and 12 straight overall between the teams. The last matchup was a 99-74 Mavericks victory at home Jan. 10, when Jason Terry had 20 points to lead six Dallas players in double figures.

Portland has won its last two games, including an 85-78 victory over the undermanned Houston Rockets on Friday, following a four-game losing streak. Brandon Roy scored 24 points on 10-of-20 shooting from the floor, while Jarrett Jack added 23 points against a Houston team playing without stars Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady.

The Blazers were also short-handed. Leading scorer and rebounder Zach Randolph is out for the season with a hand injury, and center Joel Przybilla is done for the year following left knee surgery. Rookie LaMarcus Aldridge also did not play, after being taken to the hospital because of dizziness and an irregular heartbeat last Saturday.

With the injuries, Roy has stepped up his play, scoring at least 20 points in six of his last seven games.

"I wanted to be more aggressive and more assertive to make plays," Roy said. "These last couple of games I've been able to make some shots and my confidence is going up because I know I'm going to get more shots."
Old 04-07-2007, 11:49 AM   #2
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Good to see Howard being back soon. But I think these guys should take it easy.

We'll see the monster known as Kevin Willis being UNLEASHED tonight!
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:14 PM   #3
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

I don't recall this double overtime loss to Portland.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:38 PM   #4
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs win
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:38 PM   #5
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I had a dream last night that I rolled my ankle
Old 04-07-2007, 06:14 PM   #6
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

hold the GDT down for me tonight. I'm braving the cold to go see Millwood throw a no hitter tonight against the f'n sox.

Mavs win though. Big.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 07:06 PM   #7
MavinVA

MavinVA has a spectacular aura aboutMavinVA has a spectacular aura aboutMavinVA has a spectacular aura about

hope we can get a stream tonight I'm getting antsy

"*punches a hole through the wall*

*busts entire body through hole*

*punches my neighbors the F*** OUT!!!!*

*pees all over the knocked out neighbors*

..... *laughs*" WraithXx after another worthless loss to portland on 4/12/08
MavinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 07:36 PM   #8
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavinVA
hope we can get a stream tonight I'm getting antsy
yeah, how about a stream?

where do you guys find these streams anyway?

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 07:30 PM   #9
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Josh is out. Other than the ankle from last night, he's apparently nursing an achilles strain.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:39 PM   #10
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack
Josh is out. Other than the ankle from last night, he's apparently nursing an achilles strain.
Eh...shouldn't be a problem, Portland's without Brandon Roy, Zach Randolph, Lamarcus Aldrige, Darius Miles, and Joel Pryzbilla.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:53 PM   #11
MavinVA

MavinVA has a spectacular aura aboutMavinVA has a spectacular aura aboutMavinVA has a spectacular aura about

where's endrity or doc?

Old 04-07-2007, 07:58 PM   #12
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

No links for tonight guys, I am in the same boat as you all. If I find it I will post it, but it's not looking good.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:05 PM   #13
MavinVA

i have a feeling all links will be gone soon.

Old 04-07-2007, 08:08 PM   #14
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

well it is getting harder and harder, the NBA already knows that people can steal them but they are in the middle of the season, but by next season I expect some new decoding system out of them which will make it harder for people to steal them
Old 04-07-2007, 08:17 PM   #15
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Boy, if ANYONE is getting ready for the playoffs it's definately Dampier.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:18 PM   #16
DirkGoesNuclear

DirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura aboutDirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura aboutDirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura about

Damp with bullet pass for Dirk's first alley-oop lay-up!!
Old 04-07-2007, 08:29 PM   #17
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

Sergio Rodriguez looks like a keeper. The Blazers have a nice collection of young talent.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:30 PM   #18
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Ager with the hops!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:30 PM   #19
StackAttack
Platinum Member

MO!!
Old 04-07-2007, 08:31 PM   #20
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Terry's on fire

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:35 PM   #21
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

what a freakin dunk by joe prunty!!!! DAMN!
Old 04-07-2007, 08:44 PM   #22
shaw-xx
Golden Member

shaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithXx
what a freakin dunk by joe prunty!!!! DAMN!
Old 04-07-2007, 08:36 PM   #23
StackAttack
Platinum Member

Outlaw making some really tough shots.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:37 PM   #24
StackAttack
Platinum Member

Dirk with 2 TO's already after 6 last night.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:45 PM   #25
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Big-time play by Harris.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:46 PM   #26
StackAttack
Platinum Member

All-Star in the making...
Old 04-07-2007, 08:48 PM   #27
StackAttack
Platinum Member

Mavs really attacking. Haven't even attempted a 3 yet, 20 points in the paint already. Love to see them fixing mistakes after a bad game.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:57 PM   #28
StackAttack
Platinum Member

HOLY SHIT MO
Old 04-07-2007, 08:58 PM   #29
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

Ager is crazy tonight
Old 04-07-2007, 09:00 PM   #30
endrity
Platinum Member

what did he do
Old 04-07-2007, 09:02 PM   #31
WraithXx
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by endrity
what did he do
got a monster jam earlier, then had a monster block that prevented a layup on a fast break just now
Old 04-07-2007, 09:01 PM   #32
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Something happen to Dirk? According to yahoo gamecast he went in and back out of the game real quickly.

Last edited by Dim499; 04-07-2007 at 09:01 PM.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:02 PM   #33
endrity
Platinum Member

he committed a foul, but that's all I can see from yahoo, I hate not having those links, I was used to it
Old 04-07-2007, 09:02 PM   #34
MavinVA

i think he ate some bad sea bass

Old 04-07-2007, 09:04 PM   #35
MavinVA

does this work for audio for anyone?

http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.ph...deo=undefined#

Old 04-07-2007, 09:04 PM   #36
WraithXx
Diamond Member

Old 04-07-2007, 09:06 PM   #37
StackAttack
Platinum Member

The JET's back.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:06 PM   #38
endrity
Platinum Member

lol
Old 04-07-2007, 09:08 PM   #39
StackAttack
Platinum Member

Kevin Willis!
Old 04-07-2007, 09:08 PM   #40
MavinVA

wish i could see this