Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-16-2007, 12:33 PM   #1
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future
Default AAC's Green Out "Attempt"

Was anyone else as disgusted as I was to be represented as pathetically as we were on national tv by those in the lower bowl?

I should have made this post last night while drunk but you guys know how that goes, so I'll let you guys respond with your thoughts on this

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 11-16-2007 at 03:54 PM.
WraithXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 12:51 PM   #2
Bathouse Bear

Bathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these parts

I don't really care.

If someone paid big money for seats and they wanna wear their shiny shirt with some $200 jeans then more power to em.
Bathouse Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:06 PM   #3
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathouse Bear
I don't really care.

If someone paid big money for seats and they wanna wear their shiny shirt with some $200 jeans then more power to em.

The whole effort was pretty terrible. And that attitude is what makes it pathetic.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:14 PM   #4
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Uh.....what's the problem here--that people did, or that people didn't?
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:15 PM   #5
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

this elitism is the reason i moved to Ft. Worth. no offense to all those of you still in Dallas.
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:17 PM   #6
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithXx
Was anyone else as disgusted as I was to be represented as pathetically as we were on national tv by those in the lower bowl?

I should have made this post last night while drunk but you guys know how that goes, so I'll let you guys respond with your thoughts on this
I was more disgusted by the fact that the , too cool for the room, wine and cheese crowd didn't even show up until 10 minutes into the first quarter. For a good portion of the first quarter, the lower bowl looked like it was mostly empty. 70% Empty seats while the game was being played. Pathetic.

Can't we get these people up in the luxury boxes and find a way to sell those tickets to actual fans?

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 11-16-2007 at 03:55 PM.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:27 PM   #7
ilMavvento

ilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the rough

It was a little unsettling to see the arena that empty, especially for a national TV game. It looked more like San Antonio, except brighter ... which meant the empty seats showed up even more.

It's a problem with no real solution though... unless the team wants to lower prices way below their value.
ilMavvento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:58 PM   #8
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

does it really matter?
Old 11-16-2007, 02:39 PM   #9
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

it was lame, the green out was a good idea and for a good cause..

the real problem is none of those morons were in their seats prior to tip off..

you expect it after half time..but not before a game.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:42 PM   #10
VivaNajera
Golden Member

VivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of light

it was a 7pm tip, seats arent full until late 1st early 2nd. this is always the case at 7pm tip times
VivaNajera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 03:11 PM   #11
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

my wife went to the game and said there was a huge traffic jam due to a bunch of buses going to the game--nearly caused her to miss the tip. anyone coming south on the tollway to the AAC--which is a hell of a lot of people from Plano, Frisco, & North Dallas--is bound to have a tough time making a 7 pm start, as jacked up as those roads are right now. Not everyone can leave work early to make it to a Mavs game. (Lucky for me, I can!)

That said, having sat in the lower bowl once, because some dude handed me a pair of $110 seats as I walked in--I MUCH prefer my peeps in the cheap seats of the Terrace level. That's where the basketball fans are. Too bad they don't show the upstairs crowd more often on the telecast.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 03:16 PM   #12
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

It was pretty pathetic. Some fans are just too cool for school.

It had better not be like that in the playoffs.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."

Last edited by ty; 11-16-2007 at 03:16 PM.
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 03:48 PM   #13
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
It was pretty pathetic. Some fans are just too cool for school.

It had better not be like that in the playoffs.
lol, I like how you said that
Old 11-16-2007, 03:36 PM   #14
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

There were two huge accidents last night, one on I-35 and one on 114 heading out of grapevine/southlake. It took me an hour and a half to drive from my friend in Grapevine's house to my friend in uptown Dallas's place last night. I understand why it was empty at first. But that just sucks for those fans, because the first Q was pretty much the best part of the game last night.

but the green out thing did piss me off. Just put the damn t-shirt on you uncool bastards.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 04:56 PM   #15
wesbrynt

wesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the rough

with the exception of the cowboys, dallas sports fans suck. the real fans are stuck way up top and the "cocaine and boob job" crowd take up all the good seats. Most of those people are not huge fans they just want to be seen at the event. Go to a stars game it is the same way. A bunch of old bussiness men who are there only to visit and talk about politics. It is mega gay but what are you going to do give the expensive tickets away to poor fucks like myself??
Old 11-16-2007, 05:11 PM   #16
WraithXx
Diamond Member

*cue dude1394 to come in and give us a lecture on how lower bowl fans are the best thing ever, and to remind us that he has a season ticket package at the AAC for the 1,000th time*
Old 11-16-2007, 05:56 PM   #17
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
*cue dude1394 to come in and give us a lecture on how lower bowl fans are the best thing ever, and to remind us that he has a season ticket package at the AAC for the 1,000th time*
If you don't like it, buy a ticket and do something about it. How's that!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 06:21 PM   #18
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
If you don't like it, buy a ticket and do something about it. How's that!
right... i dont see why people that dont go to the game complain about empty seats/fans not cheering.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:31 PM   #19
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMINATOR
right... i dont see why people that dont go to the game complain about empty seats/fans not cheering.
Not everybody has the money to do that...Doesn't mean that you're a bad fan.

The point is, if the people complaining did have the money to buy lower bowl tickets, then they would wear the darn green shirt with pride.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 06:26 PM   #20
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So are you saying dude1394 is the "cocaine and boob job" type?
No wonder he's republican
Old 11-16-2007, 09:01 PM   #21
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic
So are you saying dude1394 is the "cocaine and boob job" type?
No wonder he's republican
I snorted it but didn't really ingest it.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 11-16-2007, 09:05 PM   #22
dude1394
Guru

Who...WHO IS NOT WEARING THE RIBBON!!! Who??

It is tough to find a place to put a decent jacket instead of on yourself. If it were summer I imagine more would have worn it. I have a jacket that I don't mind getting all messed up in my seat. Beer, coke, etc. on it when it slips down the seat.

But I wouldn't know what to do with a jacket that was nice. Anyway...this reeks of envy to me.

Oh,oh,oh...If ONLY I were there, I'd wear the shirt to show how great the mavs are, no matter that my 100dollar sport coat was being tromped on by the kiddo next to me who spilled coke on the floor. I'm a REAL FAN!

I don't go to the games, but I"m a real fan, not like those other folks.

If the players would take only 10million a year or so, then tickets might be cheaper, you should blame them for the seat prices.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:23 PM   #23
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Who...WHO IS NOT WEARING THE RIBBON!!! Who??

haha...seinfeld..

nice reference man.

those gay dudes are pretty funny..and yet intimidating.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 06:30 PM   #24
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

On behalf of the lower bowl season ticket holders:

Not everyone was given the green t-shirt, and many of us dont get some of the emails from the Mavs, so we have no ideal on what is going on. Even so, most of us are wearing suits, so there is no way to get that t-shirt over a blazer. Another reason is that we dont have anywhere to put the blazer, once we put the t-shirt on. We are not going to put the blazer in our laps while we chant and eat at the game. Lastly, we are NOT going to walk all the way up to the arena just to get a t-shirt, then go back to our cars to drop off the suit or blazer. It is NOT gonna happen!!!!!

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 11-16-2007 at 06:33 PM.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:16 PM   #25
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
On behalf of the lower bowl season ticket holders:

Not everyone was given the green t-shirt, and many of us dont get some of the emails from the Mavs, so we have no ideal on what is going on. Even so, most of us are wearing suits, so there is no way to get that t-shirt over a blazer. Another reason is that we dont have anywhere to put the blazer, once we put the t-shirt on. We are not going to put the blazer in our laps while we chant and eat at the game. Lastly, we are NOT going to walk all the way up to the arena just to get a t-shirt, then go back to our cars to drop off the suit or blazer. It is NOT gonna happen!!!!!
Thats a very noble defense Silk, but I doubt that is the case with the majority of the fans.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:25 PM   #26
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey
Thats a very noble defense Silk, but I doubt that is the case with the majority of the fans.
Actually, that is the reason for the majority. I did not have that excuse last night, because I knew it was coming up, so I was prepared to put the t-shirt on. I even spend half an hour to find the troops that had the XXL t-shirts :-)

Some times, I go to the game in regular stuff, and dont mind putting on that type of stuff, but if I am decked out, then a t-shirt is NOT going to mess up style :-) Plus, there is nowhere to hang up your good stuff, unless you are in the seats on the floor. I guarantee the ones on the floor had the shirt on, because they can hang up their blazer on their chair.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:38 PM   #27
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

cocaine and boob job? that sounds like a fun night at the AAC! someone should email cuban.

p.s. Dallas has posted 236-ish consecutive sellouts. That is the 10th longest streak in nba history. We also have drawn an average of 19.8k people in our road games, tops in the league. We are 4th in home attendance average, and since 02-03 we have only finished out of the top 3 in home attendance average once. Say what you will, but Mavs fans are buying tickets.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:23 PM   #28
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

The doormen at the VIP entrance always offer to check my suit coat. I"m surprised you don't get the same treatment, Silky.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:41 PM   #29
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr
The doormen at the VIP entrance always offer to check my suit coat. I"m surprised you don't get the same treatment, Silky.
Are you trying to tell us all that you are VIP? I thought just people knowing I sit on the lower level was good enough w/o so-called gloating. Maybe I should also tell them about the buffet dinner at the game I get b4 the game as well, with my pastor Dr. Tony Evans
Old 11-16-2007, 08:32 PM   #30
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman
cocaine and boob job? that sounds like a fun night at the AAC! someone should email cuban.

p.s. Dallas has posted 236-ish consecutive sellouts. That is the 10th longest streak in nba history. We also have drawn an average of 19.8k people in our road games, tops in the league. We are 4th in home attendance average, and since 02-03 we have only finished out of the top 3 in home attendance average once. Say what you will, but Mavs fans are buying tickets.
The longest current streak going into this year was held by the kings, but that streak was broken at their home opener.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:23 AM   #31
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Those numbers are nice, but if you've actually been to games you can't tell me that you really think we have good fans in the lower bowl. I know Dude and Silk like to beat the drum and defend their brethren, and that's fine, I know we do have SOME good fans down there.

But the reality is, it's a mainly a place to be and be seen for the rich and beautiful. That is what makes up the large majority of the lower bowl. From my own experience, the only time I sit in the lower bowl is with tickets from my job. We own four season tickets in section 121, and 95% of the time these tickets go to prospective sales leads, or VP's. So right there you have people that are completely uninterested in the game as a whole, and probably only there for two quarters or so.

Even when they do find their way into the hands of the common man, they're generally not going to be real fans. Literally every time I've been their with two of the four tickets, the people with the other two tickets have either shown up halfway through the first quarter and left early, or not shown up at all (happened at least twice that I can recall).

I would hazard a guess that this is pretty typical for all the corporate owned season tickets at the AAC, of which there are many.

It's the reality of life in the NBA, but don't tell me it doesn't suck. I salute the real fans like Dude that are there for every game and love it, but I reserve the right to bitch about the vast majority of people who are at the game because of the event, and pay little to no attention to the game itself.

Ok, rant over.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 11-18-2007 at 12:25 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 01:15 AM   #32
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Those numbers are nice, but if you've actually been to games you can't tell me that you really think we have good fans in the lower bowl. I know Dude and Silk like to beat the drum and defend their brethren, and that's fine, I know we do have SOME good fans down there.

But the reality is, it's a mainly a place to be and be seen for the rich and beautiful. That is what makes up the large majority of the lower bowl. From my own experience, the only time I sit in the lower bowl is with tickets from my job. We own four season tickets in section 121, and 95% of the time these tickets go to prospective sales leads, or VP's. So right there you have people that are completely uninterested in the game as a whole, and probably only there for two quarters or so.

Even when they do find their way into the hands of the common man, they're generally not going to be real fans. Literally every time I've been their with two of the four tickets, the people with the other two tickets have either shown up halfway through the first quarter and left early, or not shown up at all (happened at least twice that I can recall).

I would hazard a guess that this is pretty typical for all the corporate owned season tickets at the AAC, of which there are many.

It's the reality of life in the NBA, but don't tell me it doesn't suck. I salute the real fans like Dude that are there for every game and love it, but I reserve the right to bitch about the vast majority of people who are at the game because of the event, and pay little to no attention to the game itself.

Ok, rant over.
Could not agree more.

Every time I'm at a Stars or Mavs game and I see the fake blond, fake boob chick on the arm of some wanker looking dude with his hair all gelled up and his blue tooth in his ear waiting in line to get a 9 dollar glass of Merlot in a plastic cup, I want to just start bitching at them. But unfortunately, those people have the same right to a ticket as anyone else does.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 11-18-2007 at 01:15 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:35 PM   #33
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

I agree that it's pathetic.

But certainly no worse than Cuban producing "Redacted" while we are still at war. Or anytime for that matter.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 10:30 AM   #34
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

"Sorry girls, I'm gay!"

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 11-17-2007 at 10:32 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 07:18 PM   #35
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky

"Sorry girls, I'm gay!"
lol, i first thought of a.c. green while reading the thread title.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 02:22 PM   #36
nowhereman
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky

"Sorry girls, I'm gay!"
i've laughed more and more about this every day since it's been posted. LOL. Bravo Erica.

anyway, from Wordplay to Class Warfare to silly pirate jokes - this thread literally has it all. Except Mysogyny.
(but that's okay, most girls don't really have reasons to read message boards since their opinions don't matter anyway)

Last edited by nowhereman; 11-21-2007 at 02:32 PM.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:03 PM   #37
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
anyway, from Wordplay to Class Warfare to silly pirate jokes - this thread literally has it all. Except Mysogyny. (but that's okay, most girls don't really have reasons to read message boards since their opinions don't matter anyway)

Unless they have a computer in the kitchen!

BA-ZING!!!

(now this thread is complete...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 11-21-2007 at 03:05 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 12:37 PM   #38
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

We are having a nice swap-meet where I live next Saturday. PM me if you want tickets.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 01:00 PM   #39
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

They should have given out complimentary coat racks.

Wait a minute. What the hell were you doing wearing a damn sport coat to a Mavericks game? If I were a millionaire, I'd still wear a t-shirt to every game.

Man, did we get owned by the Warriors fans, or what?
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 06:27 PM   #40
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
They should have given out complimentary coat racks.

Wait a minute. What the hell were you doing wearing a damn sport coat to a Mavericks game? If I were a millionaire, I'd still wear a t-shirt to every game.

Man, did we get owned by the Warriors fans, or what?
It was cold outside brotha'.