Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-15-2008, 10:35 AM   #1
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all
Default Few More Rumors

It seems it is alot of talk that the Kidd deal is going to happen. I hate to see it but i might as well get use to it. I just hope we win a title this year. I think Harris will be a good young player for years to come and very hard to defense against.

Some rumors.....

Jason Kidd is still a Net, for now. But he would have been wise to pack heavy for this weekend's All-Star Game in New Orleans, because he might be going straight from the Big Easy to Big D. Though the blockbuster trade that the Nets and Mavericks agreed on Wednesday night is still "on hold," it is also still "very much" alive, according to Nets president Rod Thorn.

Jason Kidd may still wind up in Dallas. But it won't be today. Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban greeted questions about the trade that wasn't with the words, "nothing new to report." Officials with the Mavericks and New Jersey Nets either chose their words carefully or didn't say anything at all in the aftermath of the complex deal that hit an unexpected roadblock.

Mavericks officials say that a large part of Thursday was spent trying to convince Devean George that it is in his best interest to waive his no-trade clause so that the mega-deal bringing Jason Kidd to Dallas could be executed.

Dallas forward Devean George had a television camera trained on him as he entered U.S. Airways Thursday night for the Mavericks' game against the Phoenix Suns. It was a surreal scene for George, who is used to blending into the background on and off the court. "I never thought I'd be in the position to throw the league in a frenzy," George said. Laughing ruefully, he added, "I didn't know I'd have that power.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also rumor has it that Kurt Thomas is likely to be our back up center behind Dampier. My thought on this, another short center, old, but we have to have someone and he is physical. I wish i could pick and choose another but it is slim pickens. He isn't bad but just old.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phx adding players...

The Suns have to add a 13th player to their roster by Feb. 22 - a day after the trade deadline. There are still indications the Suns are looking to make a minor trade to obtain perimeter defensive help, but they will also bring in four free agents for a workout on Tuesday.

The players coming to Phoenix are Linton Johnson, a 6-foot-8 forward with four years of NBA experience, including 54 games with New Orleans/Oklahoma City last season; Ronald Dupree, a 6-7 athletic swingman out of LSU, who played 19 games with the Detroit Pistons last year; Bobby Jones, a 6-7 guard who began the season with Denver and had two 10-day stints with Memphis earlier this season; and Carlos Powell, a 6-7 leaper from South Carolina, who is averaging 22.3 points and 6.3 rebounds with the Dakota Wizards of the NBADL
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:58 AM   #2
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Quote:
Also rumor has it that Kurt Thomas is likely to be our back up center behind Dampier. My thought on this, another short center, old, but we have to have someone and he is physical. I wish i could pick and choose another but it is slim pickens. He isn't bad but just old.
That certainly would help eas the pain of losing Diop vs Duncan.

How ironic would it be if both Jason Kidd and Kurt Thomas ended thier careers with the Mavs?
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:10 AM   #3
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

So what would the mavs be giving up for Thomas? Thomas has an expiring deal and rebuilding teams want those. Mav draft picks aren't worth much and there's really not any young talent that would interest them. So why trade?
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:29 AM   #4
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Kurt Thomas is a poor replacement for what Diop offers defensively.

Thomas is a decent, veteran, physical presence defensively, but he is earth-bound, and doesn't offer any rim protection. He would not be a good replacement.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:37 AM   #5
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I actually like the idea of bringing Thomas in if it means getting him for cheap. He'd be a good replacement for this season and always plays decent against guys like Duncan.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:38 AM   #6
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Seattle SuperSonics big man Kurt Thomas is a Dallas native, a former Maverick and is in the final year of his contract at $8 million. The Sonics could also send Dallas their remaining $3.5 million in trade exceptions. The only issue is whether the Mavericks have anyone the Sonics would want...
------------------------------------------------------

I know Kidd is a good player. I really like Kidd but i just feel we are giving up to much but alot feel this can bring us a title soon. Let's look where the west is going to be very important on who makes it to the championship. Tim Duncan and Ginobii. Bynum, Gasol and Kobe with Odom's help. Camby, Iverson and Anthony. Ming and McGrady. Nash, Amare, Shaq and Diaw. Dirk, Kidd, Howard, Terry and Dampier.

We do have good team with Kidd but we get thin with Dampier and Dirk at center. Diop helps us against Bynum and Gasol. He also helps alot with Duncan. He is a thorn in the side for some because he is a quick jumper and can block some shots. Dirk is not the answer at center. Bass plays hard but again he is not the answer at center(small). Dallas must get another back up center or Dampier is going to have his hands full and will need to play the whole game all the time. This is why i did not like giving up both Harris and Diop. Those are two positions we did not need to get weaker at. We shouldn't at pg with Kidd but we would at center and the west is loading up with paint players.

I heard other day of another big guy we was interested in or maybe looking at and i forget his name but i believe he was a power forward. I think the Kidd deal will happen and i feel we are shopping around for another center or big power forward. Kurt Thomas is pulling down 9 rebounds and 8 points per game but he is 6'9". He plays bigger but is old. I think Avery likes veteran players and has a very short fuse with rookies or young players. One player i am so thankful that would leave is Ager in that trade.

The west playoffs are going to be some great games and matchups from the very first round. It is many talented teams.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:19 PM   #7
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janett_Reno
Seattle SuperSonics big man Kurt Thomas is a Dallas native, a former Maverick and is in the final year of his contract at $8 million. The Sonics could also send Dallas their remaining $3.5 million in trade exceptions. The only issue is whether the Mavericks have anyone the Sonics would want...
Trade exceptions do not work that way. You can not trade them.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:39 AM   #8
thereaper

thereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to all

Where's Samaki Walker when you need him?
thereaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:11 PM   #9
destroy ALL

destroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nice

wheres lorenzo williams when you need him
destroy ALL is offline   Reply With Quote