Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-04-2008, 10:53 PM   #1
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 10-8: Mavs beat the Suns (I love typing that)

JJ Freaking Barea. Holy cow. I still feel like it's somewhat fool's gold, but man I'm enjoying it while it lasts. I love seeing him play with confidence.

Don't overlook Damp tonight. He severely outplayed Shaq tonight, and don't discount that. Shaq has played well this season, he was rested last night specifically to play tonight and Damp just dominated him in every phase of the game.

It was fun to see Dirk shoot like that. He's due for a few more games like that.

I still want to see how everything fits when all the pieces are put together, but don't overlook what's going on here. This team is developing some serious flexibility. Dallas outplayed Phoenix with the big lineup tonight, and when Phoenix went small Carlisle said "ok, I got that too", and Dallas' midget lineup dominated again.

And this versatility is happening without one of our most versatile players. Josh is someone that would live at the rim against the kind of small lineup Phoenix threw out there in the fourth quarter, and he's our best wing defender to boot.

One small negative: Kidd is looking like he's scared of the rim again. There were several instances tonigt when Kidd beat his man off the dribble late in the shot clock and instead of making a play at the basket he forced it to a covered player on the perimeter. I hate that.

Look at Shawne Williams' line and tell me why he can't take Deaven George's minutes when everyone is healthy again.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:56 PM   #2
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Terry-Barea-Kidd-Dirk-Bass <-- ultimate midget-ball

I don't know how, but that unit is working wonders. It was used to help comeback against the Clippers. And it was successful at stopping Phoenix's run. It's crazy, man.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:57 PM   #3
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Exactly. Williams starts and plays (whether starting or off the bench) ahead of Devean George. George again started, again played over 20 minutes, and again contributed nothing...
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:00 PM   #4
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmbwinn View Post
Exactly. Williams starts and plays (whether starting or off the bench) ahead of Devean George. George again started, again played over 20 minutes, and again contributed nothing...
George didn't look good on paper but he is doing a something. Don't take that for granted.
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:58 PM   #5
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

I love everything about the Mavericks right now, except the treatment Gerald Green is receiving.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:00 PM   #6
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack View Post
I love everything about the Mavericks right now, except the treatment Gerald Green is receiving.
Everytime he's been out there recently he's been awful. Why even complain about it when the Mavericks are winning?
Old 12-04-2008, 11:00 PM   #7
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just going to keep reminding myself we're 8-1 in our last 9. I am excited about that.

That 10-8 number kind of kicks me in the groin a little. I can't get excited about that.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:04 PM   #8
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
I'm just going to keep reminding myself we're 8-1 in our last 9. I am excited about that.

That 10-8 number kind of kicks me in the groin a little. I can't get excited about that.
Josh has missed, what, 7 games? And they're a game and a half out of first in the Southwest.

I'm freaking pumped, myself.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 12-04-2008, 11:23 PM   #9
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post

10-8 is a helluva lot better than 2-7. I'm pumped.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:05 PM   #10
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

BTW, I wouldn't say George was terrible tonight. He played ok defense (against substandard offensive players) and didn't really screw much up.

But Shawne Willaims had 12 boards in 25 minutes tonight. He just has more to offer right now.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 12-04-2008, 11:13 PM   #11
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
BTW, I wouldn't say George was terrible tonight. He played ok defense (against substandard offensive players) and didn't really screw much up.

But Shawne Willaims had 12 boards in 25 minutes tonight. He just has more to offer right now.
I'm very pleasantly surprised with Shawne Williams' defense and rebounding. My perception of him (when he was traded here) was that he was more of an offensive type of guy. Its great to see that even if his shot isn't falling, he has other ways of contributing to this team. He has been defending/rebounding well and he has been playing very well as of late. Hope it continues.
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:35 AM   #12
dmack24

dmack24 will become famous soon enoughdmack24 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty55555 View Post
I'm very pleasantly surprised with Shawne Williams' defense and rebounding. My perception of him (when he was traded here) was that he was more of an offensive type of guy. Its great to see that even if his shot isn't falling, he has other ways of contributing to this team. He has been defending/rebounding well and he has been playing very well as of late. Hope it continues.

Shawne Williams will be our version of Matt Barnes if we use him correctly. He is scrappy; but so is George.
dmack24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:13 PM   #13
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Howard needs to be permanently gone. We seem to be doing much better without him.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:15 PM   #14
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Maybe Howard needs to be permanently gone. We seem to be doing much better without him.
I didn't say it, but have been thinking it.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:18 PM   #15
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Wow, I just realized that Shawne Williams had 7 offensive rebounds (12 total). Very nice!
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:18 PM   #16
Caseman
Golden Member

Quote:
Come on. You think Terry is going to be hot like this all season? He is captain streak. He's bound to level off sooner than later, so Josh Howard would be a relief to this team. Besides, Josh Howard wasn't playing poorly at all when he was healthy.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:45 PM   #17
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I feel the same way Chum!

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:44 AM   #18
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You'd really rather keep seeing Deavon George starting? Really?

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:17 PM   #19
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I'm pretty sure we can use 20 points and 8 boards a game along with our best wing defender.

But that's me.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 12-04-2008, 11:21 PM   #20
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Trouble is, Josh Howard "not playing poorly" means that Josh Howard is using up a lot of the offense. Seems like maybe he isn't as efficient as we are playing without him.

Of course, it's not at all unprecedented to see a team perform better after they cut loose an All-Star (and Howard can only very generously be called an All-Star). Trade him for a couple good role players, and maybe you are on to something.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:28 PM   #21
Caseman
Golden Member

Quote:
Trouble is, Josh Howard "not playing poorly" means that Josh Howard is using up a lot of the offense. Seems like maybe he isn't as efficient as we are playing without him.

Of course, it's not at all unprecedented to see a team perform better after they cut loose an All-Star (and Howard can only very generously be called an All-Star). Trade him for a couple good role players, and maybe you are on to something.
If you do this you will be playing scraps at Small Forward. It's dumb to think this is such a complete team you can trade your All-Star (which Josh is) for "role players." How many times is it stated throughout the NBA you need 3 superstars? I count Dirk, Howard, and Terry/Kidd as one combined. People need to give Carlisle a chance to improve Howard's play, like he's done with so many of other players we would never have given a second look.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:24 PM   #22
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

You're right Chum. Josh's abcense has allowed Jet and Barea to blossom into the consistent scoring threats they've always been under the surface. If Jet averages 20 a game the rest of the season and Barea averages 15, then I agree, we're golden.

But since that's not going to happen I think I'll welcome Josh back with open arms and ignore the incredibly simplistic analysis of "heck we won a few games without the guy, he must be bad".

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 12-04-2008, 11:30 PM   #23
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
You're right Chum. Josh's abcense has allowed Jet and Barea to blossom into the consistent scoring threats they've always been under the surface. If Jet averages 20 a game the rest of the season and Barea averages 15, then I agree, we're golden.

But since that's not going to happen I think I'll welcome Josh back with open arms and ignore the incredibly simplistic analysis of "heck we won a few games without the guy, he must be bad".
You've got eyes, Thiggy. You can see what everyone else is seeing. Without Howard it looks like a team out there...and the results aren't at all bad. With Howard it looks like a guy who is playing for himself and not the name on the front of the jersey.

You can welcome him back with open arms all you like, but by your same logic, if we have had problems the last few years...he has been a very large part of the problem.

I say to bid good riddance to bad rubbish. Get some team players in here. Josh ought to at least be worth a wing player with a shot who doesn't feel as though he should have the ball every time down, or who doesn't think that when he gets the ball on the break the last thing he can do is pass.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:33 PM   #24
Caseman
Golden Member

Quote:
You've got eyes, Thiggy. You can see what everyone else is seeing. Without Howard it looks like a team out there...and the results aren't at all bad. With Howard it looks like a guy who is playing for himself and not the name on the front of the jersey.

You can welcome him back with open arms all you like, but by your same logic, if we have had problems the last few years...he has been a very large part of the problem.

I say to bid good riddance to bad rubbish. Get some team players in here. Josh ought to at least be worth a wing player with a shot who doesn't feel as though he should have the ball every time down, or who doesn't think that when he gets the ball on the break the last thing he can do is pass.
Go knee-jerkiness!
Old 12-04-2008, 11:45 PM   #25
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman View Post
Go knee-jerkiness!
No, he's been consistently wrong about Howard.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:49 PM   #26
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
No, he's been consistently wrong about Howard.
Howard would fit in very well on those old Portland teams, or maybe the Clippers or Knicks. You know as well as I do that he could never play for a San Antonio. He just doesn't have the wherewithal.

I guess it just depends on what it is you want from a player. You seem to value athleticism more than anything. I seem to value headiness.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:44 PM   #27
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You've said the same thing about Terry for the past 3 or 4 years. Can he stay now or do we need to trade him for a team player too?
Old 12-04-2008, 11:46 PM   #28
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
You've said the same thing about Terry for the past 3 or 4 years. Can he stay now or do we need to trade him for a team player too?
You're crazy. I have never said that Terry plays outside the offense. I have certainly said that as Terry goes the Mavericks go. But I have never said that Terry plays outside the offense. They are two different things.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:49 PM   #29
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
You're crazy. I have never said that Terry plays outside the offense. I have certainly said that as Terry goes the Mavericks go. But I have never said that Terry plays outside the offense. They are two different things.
You've said on numerous occasions that Terry is more concerned about self promotion than winning basketball games. You're also on record saying that he talks a good game after losses but he could care less. Isn't that one of the reasons you want Howard gone?
Old 12-04-2008, 11:25 PM   #30
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

The reason the offense looks better is because Howard is a ball stopper. Can't be a ball stopper if you want a motion offense.

You know who would have flourished in this system? A healthy Doug Christie. That dude could defend, shoot, and PASS. But I always hated horseface.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:56 PM   #31
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
The reason the offense looks better is because Howard is a ball stopper. Can't be a ball stopper if you want a motion offense.

You know who would have flourished in this system? A healthy Doug Christie. That dude could defend, shoot, and PASS. But I always hated horseface.
This has pretty clearly not been a "motion" offense in the past 9 games, and that, along with increased defensive cohesion, has been a huge part of the turnaround. Our offense largely starts with a drive and dish, isolating dirk, or initiating a pick and roll. Which is what this team is comfortable with and has had success with. I think adding an incredibly talented scorer and athletic defender like Josh on the wing is crucial. We can only ride Dirk and Terry so much. 27 shots and 25 shots in consecutive games for Dirk is great but it's a good way to wear out a guys legs, and it can get us in a lot of trouble if the shots aren't falling (the LAC game).

And Shawne still does too many small things incorrectly, or at least, inconsistently. Even if it doesn't play out clearly in the box scores, the two immediate things I notice are his defensive rotations and his boxing out. I would still rather have DG's perimeter shot as well. Today Shawne was good. Against LAC, not so much.

Did I miss something about that status of Singleton?

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.

Last edited by nowhereman; 12-04-2008 at 11:58 PM.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:58 PM   #32
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

there is a reason that Williams played more minutes tonight. Williams belongs in small ball games. He is that type of player. He was a big part of our success. But, he won't fit in all of our games.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:26 PM   #33
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ou're right Chum. Josh's abcense has allowed Jet and Barea to blossom into the consistent scoring threats they've always been under the surface. If Jet averages 20 a game the rest of the season and Barea averages 15, then I agree, we're golden.
Terry can average 20. Barea won't get 15, but guys like Williams/Barea/Wright/Singleton can get 20 every night combined if given Howard's minutes.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:37 PM   #34
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Unless Josh comes back and we drop 3 in a row, I still think we need him back asap.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:38 PM   #35
chumdawg
Guru

Knee jerk? I've never been fond of Howard. Some people may be taken by the "Look what we found at the end of the first round!" garbage. Not me. There's a reason he slid to the end of the first round. The reason is that he is quite possibly dumber than a box of rocks and that he doesn't do a whole lot for your basketball team.

If you are a serious contender, that is.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:45 PM   #36
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Dude, cmon on. I know you're not saying we haven't been a serious contender...

Josh has his faults and is not untradeable. It will also be his responsibility to come back, play well and not mess up the little groove we got going.

Bottom line though, I'd rather have the Mavs lace them up with Josh than without him or against him.

He's a legit star.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:55 PM   #37
dirno2000
Diamond Member

I value game. I'd like both but if I had to take one give me game and we'll work around the rest.

Obviously we're playing very well without him but why would you assume that he can't take us to the next level? Let's see what happens with this thing when he gets healthy.

Also, remember when this thing got turned around (against the Knicks) Josh was a big player. He went for 16 and 5 (7 for 11 from the field) in the 4th quarter and overtime. That game gave us confidence that we could win in the 4th and we really haven't looked back since.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:57 PM   #38
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
I value game. I'd like both but if I had to take one give me game and we'll work around the rest.

Obviously we're playing very well without him but why would you assume that he can't take us to the next level? Let's see what happens with this thing when he gets healthy.

Also, remember when this thing got turned around (against the Knicks) Josh was a big player. He went for 16 and 5 (7 for 11 from the field) in the 4th quarter and overtime. That game gave us confidence that we could win in the 4th and we really haven't looked back since.
Trouble is that when Howard is getting his "game" no one else is getting theirs. Of course that is going to work on occasion. But long term it doesn't pan out, as we have seen the last few years.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:11 AM   #39
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Trouble is that when Howard is getting his "game" no one else is getting theirs. Of course that is going to work on occasion. But long term it doesn't pan out, as we have seen the last few years.
I don't know if I buy that. You got any numbers to back it up?
Old 12-05-2008, 12:30 AM   #40
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
I don't know if I buy that. You got any numbers to back it up?
No, just observations.

Tags
brain seargant [sic]