Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-22-2009, 01:54 AM   #1
Re-Dirk-ulous

Re-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of light
Default Carlisle Doesn't Care Anymore

Discuss
Re-Dirk-ulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:13 AM   #2
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

He may have been analyzing basketball for so long that he forgot how to coach.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:35 AM   #3
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Stop starting threads. This isn't clever.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:41 PM   #4
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Stop starting threads.
This.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:29 AM   #5
vRookie

vRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to all

I don't think there is anything he is doing fundamentally wrong other than some substitutions maybe (but you can say that about every coach in the nba). This team is just not built right. It needs more talent. It's time we stopped blaming coaches and actually get some personale that can help you win games
vRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:42 AM   #6
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vRookie View Post
I don't think there is anything he is doing fundamentally wrong other than some substitutions maybe (but you can say that about every coach in the nba). This team is just not built right. It needs more talent. It's time we stopped blaming coaches and actually get some personale that can help you win games
You can say that again.

Who knows what he's doing behind practice doors, and what the guys think about him or his coaching techniques etc. I just know he has failed at getting our young guys (Green) mins when they are available.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:01 PM   #7
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vRookie View Post
Then why did he and the triumverate of the stupid that is our FO tell us all summer that our big three can match up with anyone's?

Carlisle should have told Donnie and Cuban that this team wasn't talented enough or built right and that changes were needed.

Nope. Instead he just went along with the stupids. What this organizsation needs is someone who goes against the grain of what Donnie/Cuban do. Someone who can put Cuban in his place now and then for the sake of the team.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:03 PM   #8
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Then why did he and the triumverate of the stupid that is our FO tell us all summer that our big three can match up with anyone's?

Carlisle should have told Donnie and Cuban that this team wasn't talented enough or built right and that changes were needed.

Nope. Instead he just went along with the stupids. What this organizsation needs is someone who goes against the grain of what Donnie/Cuban do. Someone who can put Cuban in his place now and then for the sake of the team.
Exactly.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:55 PM   #9
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

We like our team..... a lot.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:43 PM   #10
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:49 PM   #11
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse900703 View Post
I concur.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:15 PM   #12
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Re-Dirk-ulous View Post
Discuss
you should've named the thread.."Cuban doesn't care anymore" , fits more to me..
Old 01-22-2009, 04:54 PM   #13
Folterkammer

Folterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really nice

Don Nelson doesn't care anymore!
Old 04-26-2009, 04:36 AM   #14
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

ttt
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 05:41 AM   #15
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Belinda.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:50 PM   #16
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Carlisle is coaching a great series. He's put our guys in a position to beat the Spurs even when we aren't playing our best. He has, what seems, everyone buying into the system. The role players know what they have to do when they come in. The younger guys got minutes throughout the regular season and can contribute at any moment. Good job.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 04:25 PM   #17
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't doubting this next part, but it should be said:

Carlisle > Avery

The.End.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:54 PM   #18
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I wasn't doubting this next part, but it should be said:

Carlisle > Avery

The.End.
in some aspects anyways. Carlisle seems to develop our players better (may also be kidd's influence), is clearly the better x and o guy and much better out of timeouts.
Avery was the better motivator but was very one dimensional.
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 05:58 PM   #19
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lor20 View Post
Avery was the better motivator but was very one dimensional.
I guess.. but Rick has taken a team that had a lot of bad (recent) history together, a head case in Josh, a frustrated star in Dirk, a doom and gloom veil hanging over the mavs and what most seem to think was a franchise ruining trade and got everyone to all believe in the system and work together. At the very least, I think he had something to do with Josh pulling his head out of his ass.

The Mavs haven't been, in this series, five guys out there playing basketball. They are a team.

edit: to add on to that -- I absolutely LOVE how our bench stands up for large parts of the game.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 04-26-2009 at 05:59 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:44 PM   #20
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Carlisle is so much better than Avery. And we all were pretty scared when one "control freak" came for the other one...

Josh:
He got the old Josh back. I have no idea how he did, but he did and fixed what Avery screw with his 1b-scorer-crap (and Avery was even yesterday on the half time show so proud about making Josh THE factor in Dallas, rofl). Josh is playing with a bad ankle and still take most of the time the drive instead of the jumper...wow. I think he really has a good hand with the "more complicated" players (Artest, JO).

Kidd:
He gave the control to Kidd. That was huge, specially for a coach that didnt do or didnt like it for his whole coaching career. Carlisle tried a lot in the first half of the season, also a lot of "his" stuff and saw it doesnt work with these players. And he didnt stick to it. Alltime classic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH5KlGKZIWg

Barea:
He gave Barea the trust and the playing time. He got the confidence that he need for playing "his" style. Well, i give also Kidd a lot of credit for the improved Barea.

Bench:
A bench full of young guys ready to come in and play hard. Im so glad we are away from a bench full of old jumpshooting veterans that come in and do the same stuff like the S5, just way worse (aka Spurs 2009). He gave everyone a legit chance, even Shawne Williams. Players play heavy minutes and going back to a lot of DNP but they know they will get back into the game. Thats why the bench is in so great mood. You see them all standing for what, 30mins a game? Even players deep in spot 10-12 (Green, Carroll, Hollins). Thats amazing and i heard several commentators from other teams realizing that when the mavs where in their town.

Bringing Darrell Armstrong in.

Last edited by sefant77; 04-26-2009 at 09:23 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:02 PM   #21
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Kidd:
He gave the control to Kidd. That was huge, specially for a coach that didnt do or didnt like it for his whole coaching career. Carlisle tried a lot in the first half of the season, also a lot of "his" stuff and saw it doesnt work with this players. And he didnt stick to it. Alltime classic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH5KlGKZIWg
LOL...thanks for the memories. Even Quinn Buckner couldn't coach as bad as that. That was Avery's worst moment as an NBA head coach...and that's saying a LOT.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:16 PM   #22
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Props to Carlisle. He has done wonders getting this team to perform. Avery said this team couldn't even make the playoffs without him. Carlisle led us to a 6th seed in an ultra competitive conference and now on the verge of a second round playoff birth.

No matter what the outcome of this season is Carlisle has done a great job.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:03 PM   #23
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

If motivation was the only intangible he had over Carlisle or one of the few...it's still:
Carlisle > Avery

The only thing you might see as an "ego trip" is thinking the 3 guard lineup rocks everybody's face off. You had a lot more problems in regards to ego when it came to Avery.

Carlisle has a track record of getting the best he can out of what he's got. He's definitely doing something right.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:45 PM   #24
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I also really really like the use of timeouts. Either to fix something that goes wrong or to kill a momentum for the other team.

And the direct plays after a timeout are mostly just really really good.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:08 PM   #25
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
I also really really like the use of timeouts. Either to fix something that goes wrong or to kill a momentum for the other team.

And the direct plays after a timeout are mostly just really really good.
And he doesn't just waste one 2 minutes into a game or quarter like the littlest napoleon did all of the time, not having timeouts at the end of games when needed.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:47 PM   #26
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If motivation was the only intangible he had over Carlisle or one of the few...it's still:
Carlisle > Avery

The only thing you might see as an "ego trip" is thinking the 3 guard lineup rocks everybody's face off. You had a lot more problems in regards to ego when it came to Avery.

Carlisle has a track record of getting the best he can out of what he's got. He's definitely doing something right.
Oh, geez...if he can stand upright he already has something over Avery.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:36 AM   #27
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Carlisle > Avery

Carlisle has the experience of starting out like Avery, stubborn as a rock, and realizing this is a players league now. That was the main reason why he got booted from detroit. He brought the best of both Indy and Detroit to Dallas. WE are the beneficiaries of those experiences. His willingness to change his style even during midseason was a breath of fresh air. Him calling timeouts during bad stretches to make quick adjustments to change the flow of the game, helped us down the stretch in terms of keeping in contact with opponents.
Kidd Karma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:03 PM   #28
BGMaverick9
Guru

I'm sure he acknowledges what he does in it's actual pronunciation as well.

Coaching, not ko'aching
Old 04-27-2009, 07:55 AM   #29
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

avery will never coach in the NBA again. Mark my words
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:50 AM   #30
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX View Post
consider them marked!

I agree as well. It is very telling that he is not even being mentioned at all
for some of the openings right now. Sac. Kings, or the Washington hire
that went to Flip Saunders.

interesting..................
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:26 AM   #31
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX View Post
FAIL

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:24 AM   #32
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

In all honesty, other than game 2 in which Popovich toyed with the Parker/Barea matchup variations, Carlisle has more than held his own against the best coach in the league in games 1, 3, and 4.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:46 PM   #33
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
In all honesty, other than game 2 in which Popovich toyed with the Parker/Barea matchup variations, Carlisle has more than held his own against the best coach in the league in games 1, 3, and 4.
Phil Jackson begs to differ
Old 04-28-2009, 01:56 AM   #34
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Let's see what he does on a team that doesn't have a Kobe or a Jordan first.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:21 PM   #35
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Let's see what he does on a team that doesn't have a Kobe or a Jordan first.
Let's see what Pop will do with a team that doesn't have Duncan first.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:01 AM   #36
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Pop is a better coach than Phil Jackson.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:15 AM   #37
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Mavs fans doesn't care anymore.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:30 AM   #38
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Carlisle Doesn't Care Anymore~Re-Dirk-ulous
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:10 AM   #39
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
QUOTE OF THE NIGHT: “This is our players’ team. It’s not my team. It’s their team. It took on their personality and I’m really happy for that.’’ – Carlisle.

You people paying attention at home. ... Let's play "Compare and Contrast,'' shall we?
Quote after Game 5
Old 04-29-2009, 11:12 AM   #40
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

RC was good this series. He made a lot of good calls. I was glad that he didn't waste any time getting the 3 guard lineup out there as soon as they started full court pressing.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote