Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-01-2020, 12:43 PM   #1
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Mavs Jerseys/ Branding: A Rant

I apologize in advance for the diatribical nature of this post.

The Mavs jerseys are uninspired trash and consistently have been. As smart a businessman as Mark Cuban is you would think he'd emphasize having jerseys that fans would actually want to buy and players would want to play in. Instead our jerseys are consistently hot garbage.

Let's take our most recent city jerseys as an example:

According to the Mavs official press release, the new jersey is supposed to be a "nod to one of the most iconic and powerful symbols of the City of Dallas, the legend of the Pegasus."

The only problem is that everyone (EVERYONE) associates the pegasus with Greek mythology. I didn't even know about the RED pegasus in downtown Dallas until I googled it. Beyond the nonsensical purported theme, the jerseys just don't look that good in my opinion.

Here are some other 2020-21 city edition jerseys from around the league:

The San Antonio Spurs released these Fiesta-themed jerseys that pay homage to their past colors and the huge San Antonio festival:

The Memphis Grizzlies released jerseys that pay homage to Stax Records and Isaac Hayes who was born in and died in Tennessee:

The Golden State Warriors recognized their Oakland roots:

The Atlanta Hawks paid tribute to Marting Luther King:

The Phoenix Suns and Milwaukee Bucks both recognize geographical features of their cities:

And finally, the creme de la creme, the Miami Heat continue to push the envelope on their wildly popular Vice jersey:

IMO it is INDISPUTABLE that each of these jerseys represent a theme more closely associated with their respective city than a f'in pegasus and Dallas.

Beyond that, each of these jerseys simply looks better. They include more vibrant colors and themes that actually represent their city and leave a lasting, distinct impression.

I don't know why the Mavs chose to represent a pegasus, use white and gold instead of red, or paint ugly ass grey wings on the sides. I don't know if the Mavs players had any input, or if they like them or hate them. I do know that the theme makes ZERO sense and that we consistently have bad jerseys

/rant

Last edited by tap2390; 12-01-2020 at 12:56 PM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 12:54 PM   #2
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Agree on the theme. Pegasus doesn't make one think of Dallas, nor do those jerseys make one think of Pegasus.

But, I like the way they look, and would choose them over any of the others you included on aesthetic alone.

And, THEY DON'T HAVE A DUMB ASS "M" WEARING A DUMB ASS COWBOY HAT. So there's that.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 01:23 PM   #3
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
Agree on the theme. Pegasus doesn't make one think of Dallas, nor do those jerseys make one think of Pegasus.

But, I like the way they look, and would choose them over any of the others you included on aesthetic alone.

And, THEY DON'T HAVE A DUMB ASS "M" WEARING A DUMB ASS COWBOY HAT. So there's that.
The problem is that they're showing a unicorn with wings. That's an alicorn or a pegacorn.
Old 12-01-2020, 01:20 PM   #4
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

The underground plaza that runs under downtown Dallas is called Pegasus Plaza. Of course its history isn't as old as the iconic red sign that rotated above the Magnolia building.

Here's some history for you on why it's important to the city:

https://theculturetrip.com/north-ame...wntown-dallas/
Old 12-01-2020, 01:21 PM   #5
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

i get what you're saying - just curious what would be a better theme/symbol that represents Dallas.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 01:48 PM   #6
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Its actually smart...they combine the Pegasus and the Real Madrid colors. They are going to sell a shitload of Luka ones worldwide. Its okay for a city edition.

Miami riding for another year the Miami Vice crap is actually boring af

Last edited by sefant77; 12-01-2020 at 01:48 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 02:19 PM   #7
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Its actually smart...they combine the Pegasus and the Real Madrid colors. They are going to sell a shitload of Luka ones worldwide. Its okay for a city edition.

Miami riding for another year the Miami Vice crap is actually boring af

Didn't think of the connection to Real Madrid. I would nonetheless argue that Doncic jerseys would sell even better with a unique look and stronger thematic connection to Dallas.
Old 12-01-2020, 02:00 PM   #8
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I actually hate the whole "city" jersey thing to begin with. I hate that every team has like five different jerseys now. Nobody has a cohesive look anymore. I liked it better when every team just had home and road jerseys, and then maybe a throwback which they wore like once or twice year.

That being said, yeah, Pegasus... What? I'm very familiar with the RED Pegasus downtown, but I never in a million years would associate Pegasus itself with Dallas, and never in a million years would those gold and white jerseys made me think of Pegasus.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 02:46 PM   #9
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I'm very familiar with the RED Pegasus downtown, but I never in a million years would associate Pegasus itself with Dallas, and never in a million years would those gold and white jerseys made me think of Pegasus.
Red Pegasus? The comic store?

I love those guys. We've been good friends since they opened
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 12:53 PM   #10
sKen

sKen is a jewel in the roughsKen is a jewel in the roughsKen is a jewel in the roughsKen is a jewel in the roughsKen is a jewel in the rough

What do you want for a Dallas themed jersey??? A sniper? That is what Dallas was known for until the Cowboys. And two of the other local franchises went with the white hat in their original logos...
The other iconic image for Dallas is Reunion tower but I am not sure the league is gonna go for a jersey where the image is 3/4 of a phallic symbol.
10:20 (p.m.: 6/28/06): The Mavs take Maurice Ager at No. 28. Ager walks up to the stage in a triple-breasted, oversized beige suit, goes to shake hands with Stern and immediately gets whistled for a foul on Dwyane Wade.
sKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 04:12 PM   #11
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sKen View Post
What do you want for a Dallas themed jersey??? A sniper? That is what Dallas was known for until the Cowboys. And two of the other local franchises went with the white hat in their original logos...
The other iconic image for Dallas is Reunion tower but I am not sure the league is gonna go for a jersey where the image is 3/4 of a phallic symbol.
A simple Dallas skyline would be fine with me.

Again, I hate the whole "city" jersey thing to being with.
Old 12-06-2020, 06:06 AM   #12
sKen

sKen is a jewel in the roughsKen is a jewel in the roughsKen is a jewel in the roughsKen is a jewel in the roughsKen is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
A simple Dallas skyline would be fine with me.

Again, I hate the whole "city" jersey thing to being with.

I agree in that I loved the Skyline jerseys...
I would really dig a black and blue jersey with the skyline outlined in the neon green, but with the Stars incorporating the neon green, the Mavs will probably resist it.
10:20 (p.m.: 6/28/06): The Mavs take Maurice Ager at No. 28. Ager walks up to the stage in a triple-breasted, oversized beige suit, goes to shake hands with Stern and immediately gets whistled for a foul on Dwyane Wade.
sKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 09:44 AM   #13
tap2390
Diamond Member

Literally every concept jersey on this page is better than our real jerseys:

https://www.centraltrack.com/dallas-...ncic-era-2018/

Theme ideas:

-State Fair of Texas
-Skyline
-Cowboy
-RED pegasus

Are all better than the stupid f’in GREEK pegasus
Old 12-06-2020, 12:52 PM   #14
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Literally every concept jersey on this page is better than our real jerseys:

https://www.centraltrack.com/dallas-...ncic-era-2018/

Theme ideas:

-State Fair of Texas
-Skyline
-Cowboy
-RED pegasus

Are all better than the stupid f’in GREEK pegasus
A "Big Tex" jersey would be corny as hell, but kinda fun, and at least would have something to do with Dallas. Big Tex, I'm sorry to say, is far more of a "powerful, iconic symbol of the city of Dallas" than... the color gold. I'd even take Big Tex engulfed in flames.
Old 12-05-2020, 04:23 PM   #15
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Dallas doesn't really have much of an identity, now that we're thinking about it. Just the Cowboys, that stupid TV show and the only successful Presidential assassination in our nation's history.
Old 12-05-2020, 04:31 PM   #16
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Dallas doesn't really have much of an identity, now that we're thinking about it. Just the Cowboys, that stupid TV show and the only successful Presidential assassination in our nation's history.
To be fair, most cities don't. NY, LA, Miami, San Francisco, and New Orleans are the only sports cities I can think of that have a unique cultural identity.

Edit: I suppose you could add Detroit as well. Motor City and all that.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 12-05-2020 at 04:32 PM.
Old 12-05-2020, 04:33 PM   #17
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Also, three other US presidents have been assassinated. Kind of staggering when you think about it, considering we've only had 45.
Old 12-05-2020, 04:39 PM   #18
KillerLeft

Quote:
Also, three other US presidents have been assassinated. Kind of staggering when you think about it, considering we've only had 45.
So I forgot about Lincoln...feel stupid for that.

Who else?
Old 12-05-2020, 04:41 PM   #19
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
So I forgot about Lincoln...feel stupid for that.

Who else?
James Garfield and William McKinley.
Old 12-05-2020, 05:54 PM   #20
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ronald Reagan was a close call
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 05:27 PM   #21
KillerLeft

lol, it's embarrassing, but I'm not sure I could've named those two Presidents.

American schools are awesome though.
Old 12-06-2020, 11:34 AM   #22
KillerLeft

@tap, I really think A) you just don't like white and gold, and B) you're downplaying the Real Madrid angle. Someone made this decision because they wanted to sell jerseys in Europe. That seems pretty clear.

I like the color combination a lot, myself. I agree that they're not the most inspired design ever, but it's a very simple, clean design, which, imo, is always a good way to go.
Old 12-06-2020, 12:32 PM   #23
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
@tap, I really think A) you just don't like white and gold, and B) you're downplaying the Real Madrid angle. Someone made this decision because they wanted to sell jerseys in Europe. That seems pretty clear.

I like the color combination a lot, myself. I agree that they're not the most inspired design ever, but it's a very simple, clean design, which, imo, is always a good way to go.
The uniform itself looks fine, I think. It looks nice, even. I just don't like that it seemingly has nothing to do with... anything. Nothing about it reminds me of the city of Dallas, or the history of the franchise, or anything else. Like seriously, what about this is supposed to represent the city? The color gold? Because of... Pegasus??? Gold has never been one of the team colors at any point, so it's just jarring to see. Even those god awful "graffiti" uniforms last year kept the green and blue, so at least it was sort of recognizable. Is there going to be a matching court? Or are they going to wear gold uniforms on the normal court which wouldn't match at all and look like crap?

As for the Real Madrid angle... If you hadn't pointed that out, I never would have known it in a million years. If the intention was to look like Real Madrid as a nod to Luka's past, I wish they would say that, instead of some nonsense about the Pegasus being "one of the most iconic and powerful symbols of the city of Dallas." Like... wut?

Also, since Luka is our only connection to Real Madrid, it would be more appropriate if the uniform looked like something that Luka actually wore. Granted, I've only seen a handful of his games, so I could be wrong, but I never once saw him wear gold and white. Every game I saw he wore some combination of white and a sort of aqua blue, or purple. Are the gold jerseys new for Real Madrid, or did Luka wear them and I just haven't seen it?

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 12-06-2020 at 12:39 PM.
Old 12-06-2020, 12:39 PM   #24
KillerLeft

Quote:
If the intention was to look like Real Madrid as a nod to Luka's past, I wish they would say that, instead of some nonsense about the Pegasus being "one of the most iconic and powerful symbols of the city of Dallas." Like... wut?
I think the intention was to look like Real Madrid so that Luka's fans in Europe would buy Luka Mavericks jerseys. I don't think they cared even half of 1% about what people in Dallas would think about it. I think the "Pegasus" angle was something they made up in hindsight, as they were writing the release.
Old 12-06-2020, 12:58 PM   #25
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
I think the intention was to look like Real Madrid so that Luka's fans in Europe would buy Luka Mavericks jerseys. I don't think they cared even half of 1% about what people in Dallas would think about it.
I get that. I'm not naive about marketing. I'm just saying why I don't like it.

Quote:
I think the "Pegasus" angle was something they made up in hindsight, as they were writing the release.
If that's true, then yeesh. Like I said, I wish they would just come out and say that the look is meant to emulate Real Madrid. I can buy that a lot easier than some nonsense about the Pegasus being a symbol of Dallas.

Edit: Before anyone says it, yes I know they probably can't admit to ripping off Real Madrid without getting sued. I just don't like the silly excuse.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 12-06-2020 at 01:03 PM.
Old 12-06-2020, 08:12 PM   #26
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

I guess I'm in the minority because I actually like the jersey. I hated the 2017 ones that reminded me of Cool Runnings Jamaican bobsled team. I hated the graffiti last year. This is simple and clean and I actually don't hate the gold trim at all. I usually hate gold in any uniform but I thought they did this quite well.

As for the angle of capturing the identity of the city... short of some sort of Cowboys nod I don't really see Dallas having any sort of identity worthy of being upset over giving a nod to Real Madrid fans instead. When I think of Dallas I certainly don't think of a Jamaican bobsled team, nor do I think about graffiti. Personally I think anything outside of the Cowboys is a stretch, we don't really have an identity outside of that.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 10:26 PM   #27
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The uniform itself looks fine, I think. It looks nice, even. I just don't like that it seemingly has nothing to do with... anything. Nothing about it reminds me of the city of Dallas, or the history of the franchise, or anything else. Like seriously, what about this is supposed to represent the city? The color gold? Because of... Pegasus??? Gold has never been one of the team colors at any point, so it's just jarring to see. Even those god awful "graffiti" uniforms last year kept the green and blue, so at least it was sort of recognizable. Is there going to be a matching court? Or are they going to wear gold uniforms on the normal court which wouldn't match at all and look like crap?

As for the Real Madrid angle... If you hadn't pointed that out, I never would have known it in a million years. If the intention was to look like Real Madrid as a nod to Luka's past, I wish they would say that, instead of some nonsense about the Pegasus being "one of the most iconic and powerful symbols of the city of Dallas." Like... wut?

Also, since Luka is our only connection to Real Madrid, it would be more appropriate if the uniform looked like something that Luka actually wore. Granted, I've only seen a handful of his games, so I could be wrong, but I never once saw him wear gold and white. Every game I saw he wore some combination of white and a sort of aqua blue, or purple. Are the gold jerseys new for Real Madrid, or did Luka wear them and I just haven't seen it?
White with gold are the classic Real colors. Every soccer fan thinks of Real when seeing white with gold. And more people in the planet know Real than the Lakers etc.

So yeah, the Mavs went with the Real Shirt and added some Pegasus crap because its one of the few things related to Dallas.

Last edited by sefant77; 12-06-2020 at 10:30 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 10:31 PM   #28
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
White with gold are the classic Real colors. Every soccer fan thinks of Real when seeing white with gold. And more people in the planet know Real than the Lakers etc.

So yeah, the Mavs went with the Real Shirt and added some Pegasus crap because its one of the few things related to Dallas.
Fair enough. I only ever saw Luka wear purple or blue, but I've only seen a handful of games.
Old 12-06-2020, 12:38 PM   #29
tap2390
Diamond Member

Quote:

I honestly don’t mind the color scheme… We have won a championship and aspire to win a championship in the future. The point you make about the Real Madrid connection is a good one, this could be an attempt to lure international fans.

Like Spiral, I take issue with the purported theme. I also hate those godawful wings.
Old 12-06-2020, 12:43 PM   #30
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I can see the sales angle for Europe. Last year's graffiti uniforms were huge among kids and the fortnite crowd. Went to a few games and almost every kid was wearing some for of apparel featuring it. And guess who plays fornite?

So if Luka wants to please the Europe fans, then I'm all for it. Just not into it at all myself, but that's why we have the green classic ones for us.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 12:08 AM   #31
GQ2003

GQ2003 is just really niceGQ2003 is just really niceGQ2003 is just really niceGQ2003 is just really niceGQ2003 is just really niceGQ2003 is just really nice

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this but the good and/or silver are supposed to be paying homage to the fact that this season is the Mavericks 40th season as a franchise.
GQ2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 02:41 AM   #32
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ2003 View Post
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this but the good and/or silver are supposed to be paying homage to the fact that this season is the Mavericks 40th season as a franchise.
Actually, this is the 41st season for the Mavericks franchise since their first was the 1980-81 season. Simple proof:

season 1: 1980-81
season 2: 1981-82
season 3: 1982-83
season 4: 1983-84
season 5: 1984-85
season 6: 1985-86
season 7: 1986-87
season 8: 1987-88
season 9: 1988-89
season 10: 1989-90

30 more seasons (simply add 30 to everything for season 10)
season 40: 2019-2020
Old 12-07-2020, 01:51 PM   #33
GQ2003

GQ2003 is just really niceGQ2003 is just really niceGQ2003 is just really niceGQ2003 is just really niceGQ2003 is just really niceGQ2003 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
Actually, this is the 41st season for the Mavericks franchise since their first was the 1980-81 season. Simple proof:

season 1: 1980-81
season 2: 1981-82
season 3: 1982-83
season 4: 1983-84
season 5: 1984-85
season 6: 1985-86
season 7: 1986-87
season 8: 1987-88
season 9: 1988-89
season 10: 1989-90

30 more seasons (simply add 30 to everything for season 10)
season 40: 2019-2020
Interesting.

Well, on these city uniforms they have "40" on the waistband front center so maybe they're celebrating that the organization has been around for 40 yrs instead of looking at this as the 40th season.

Last edited by GQ2003; 12-07-2020 at 01:55 PM.
Old 12-07-2020, 08:37 AM   #34
tap2390
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ2003 View Post
I thought the white and gold ones because we have “championship aspirations.”

All I could think was well every f’in team has championship aspirations.

I think I’m buying the Real Madrid connection.
Old 12-07-2020, 01:55 PM   #35
GQ2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
I thought the white and gold ones because we have “championship aspirations.”

All I could think was well every f’in team has championship aspirations.

I think I’m buying the Real Madrid connection.
I definitely think that plays a part but if you look at the waistband of the city jerseys you'll see a "40" with the mavs logo replacing the 0 to indicate that there is supposed to be some connection there to justify the color scheme to the locals. With that said, I think they are definitely hoping for it to sell a ton in Europe because of the Real Madrid connection and helping Luka to have the #1 jersey sold helps Dallas and the NBA.
Old 12-08-2020, 07:29 PM   #36
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Dallas was famous for a show more popular than Miami Vice, but I’m not sure how you make a jersey out of it. Is that what the original hat was maybe about? Maybe the cowboy hat with a gun pointed at it and a question mark?
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 09:15 PM   #37
bulldogsjc

bulldogsjc is a jewel in the roughbulldogsjc is a jewel in the roughbulldogsjc is a jewel in the roughbulldogsjc is a jewel in the rough

Team Green Click
bulldogsjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 10:03 PM   #38
ArtSound

ArtSound is on a distinguished road
Default Please return to white Pegasus logo!

Please return to logo with white Pegasus 💜

This new logo, branding and design is terrible.
ArtSound is offline   Reply With Quote