Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-19-2003, 12:09 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

since Sweets has obviously fallen asleep on the job, someone has to start the gameday thread. It's already past 12:00 on the day of the game...that is totally unacceptable.

anyways, predictions?

Mavs 92
blazers 89
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 12:19 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Mavs 111-100
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 12:35 PM   #3
digit

digit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura about

106-89 Mavs....Mavs are on a mission...and Dirk gets beyond wild..
digit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 12:54 PM   #4
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Murph, I have relatives in town. I'm doing my best. Now you've jinxed the game. I can't predict a score since I never predict a Mavs loss. That's bad luck too.
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 02:20 PM   #5
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Want a good start to the series. 100-93 Mavs.
Old 04-19-2003, 02:35 PM   #6
ABM

ABM is on a distinguished road

Blazers 102-97 Leading Scorers: Wallace : Nash
ABM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 02:37 PM   #7
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs win, 108-98.

I just want to see them play hard whether it's diving for loose balls or attacking the boards.

Avoid a slow start.
Old 04-19-2003, 04:11 PM   #8
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

I think the Mavs take this one, 104 to 97.
Old 04-19-2003, 06:41 PM   #9
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

I am anxious to see if the Mavs come out of the gates setting the tone for the rest of this series. I expect the see lineups on the floor that are capable of staying close in the rebounding and defense departments. We don't need more than 3 scorers on the floor at a time to play good on the offensive side of the ball.
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 06:44 PM   #10
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Mavs 92
Blazers 90

Bradley get a flagrant 1 with an elbow to Bonzy's throat.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 07:07 PM   #11
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

This game is so important...even I am here...
Old 04-19-2003, 07:12 PM   #12
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Wow all of the Mavs 1st 11 pts have been by German citizens!!!
Old 04-19-2003, 07:19 PM   #13
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

The Spurs have their hands full at the moment. They are tied at 87 with 7 seconds to go..
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Old 04-19-2003, 07:20 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

OVERTIME in San Antonio!!!!!
Old 04-19-2003, 07:23 PM   #15
Drbio
Banned

Bradley is doing it all. He just stuffed Davis like a biotch.
Old 04-19-2003, 07:24 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

Dirk got the tip in, but Bradley made the play. Wow.
Old 04-19-2003, 07:25 PM   #17
Drbio
Banned

Najera needs to protect the damn ball.
Old 04-19-2003, 07:27 PM   #18
Drbio
Banned

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Where is everyone?
Old 04-19-2003, 07:28 PM   #19
roadrunner
Golden Member

Why is Dirk not getting the ball everytime down the floor???? Feed him the ball until he misses.

Old 04-19-2003, 07:29 PM   #20
Drbio
Banned

<< Why is Dirk not getting the ball everytime down the floor???? Feed him the ball until he misses. >>

He's hit everything....I have no idea.
Old 04-19-2003, 07:29 PM   #21
Drbio
Banned

OMG Dirk is unconscious!!!!
Old 04-19-2003, 07:30 PM   #22
Drbio
Banned

Excellent basketball by Dirk and Bradley.
Old 04-19-2003, 07:30 PM   #23
NashFan1341

NashFan1341 is on a distinguished road

Wow, Nash almost got that last second shot...that would've been incredible
NashFan1341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 07:31 PM   #24
DwD

DwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the rough

I don't want to jinx him, but Dirk is just not missing today - Love that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Bradley is doing really well too.
Old 04-19-2003, 07:32 PM   #25
ABM

ABM is on a distinguished road

Wow, Dirk is perfect from the field on the 1st, raining down everything he throws up. Has something like 15 points..........yet the Mavs only lead by 2.

Hmmmmmmm..........
ABM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 07:32 PM   #26
roadrunner
Golden Member

<< OMG Dirk is unconscious!!!! >>

He was working out with his personal trainer b4 the game....For some reason his name escapes me right now...Whatever he did it is working!

Old 04-19-2003, 07:32 PM   #27
Drbio
Banned

23-21

Dirk is 6-6 from the field.
2-2 from the three point line
14 points
1 offensive rebound
1 steal.

Bradley has 4 points, 4 boards, 2 offensive rebounds, an assist and 2 blocks.

Go German Mavs go!!!
Old 04-19-2003, 07:33 PM   #28
LRB
Guru

It's the dirk and shawn show early. Shawn is really focused and Dirk is unbelievable.
Old 04-19-2003, 07:33 PM   #29
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Did anyone doubt Dirk was going to OWN this series? PERFECT so far. 6-6, 2-2, a rebound, a steal, &amp; no fouls yet.
Old 04-19-2003, 07:35 PM   #30
Drbio
Banned

They just showed Nellie giving instruction in the huddle...he is so melancholy. No emotion. But he does have a sore throat.
Old 04-19-2003, 07:37 PM   #31
Drbio
Banned

cool start i nthe second....damn
Old 04-19-2003, 07:37 PM   #32
roadrunner
Golden Member

Finley is still struggling...0-5...sigh

Old 04-19-2003, 07:38 PM   #33
Drbio
Banned

Nick is fast.

Great play by Dirk.
Old 04-19-2003, 07:38 PM   #34
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I wish Finley would attack the basket. He's missed his 4 open shots. Just missed a turnaround down low.

But, could we STOP giving up dunks!! Sheesh.

Dirk is on fire. He's missed 2 in a row, but he's on a mission tonight.
Old 04-19-2003, 07:39 PM   #35
LRB
Guru

<< They just showed Nellie giving instruction in the huddle...he is so melancholy. No emotion. But he does have a sore throat. >>

Nellie was on Dale Hansen's Mavs special last night and he was very hoarce.
Old 04-19-2003, 07:41 PM   #36
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Danny Ainge is clueless.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 07:43 PM   #37
Drbio
Banned

San Antonio won.
Old 04-19-2003, 07:44 PM   #38
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Too funny, Dirk tried knocking that shot out.
Old 04-19-2003, 07:45 PM   #39
Drbio
Banned

Dirk is truly amazing. He is a future MVP. It's practically guaranteed.
Old 04-19-2003, 07:45 PM   #40
NashFan1341

NashFan1341 is on a distinguished road

<< San Antonio won. >>

Nope, Starbury to the rescue
NashFan1341 is offline   Reply With Quote