Pretty darn excited. I plan to make some time to watch games and cheer 8 47.06%
Cautiously excited. Let's see how we come out of the gates 2 11.76%
Suspicious. I want to see some good things before I will care. 0 0%
Not excited at all. 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-18-2021, 11:21 AM   #761
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Naw I'm not going to filter to myself whether its popular or not...I was just saying I went to clarify that I would not take Bamba over Luka today...probably would've on draft day and would've been wrong.

But I do see potential with Bamba. I think he Magic do too so they probably wouldn't trade him but if they ever wanted to I'd see what they'd want.
That's why we shouldn't be GMs. It's fun to discuss this stuff, but at the end of the day, we are all bad at it.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2021, 11:23 AM   #762
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/sta...20930442919937
Quote:
Former Mavericks star Dirk Nowitzki tells
@NYTSports
that he is rejoining the organization as special advisor.

Nowitzki's first assignment at the request of Mavericks owner Mark Cuban: Assisting the team in its search for a new head of basketball operations and then coach.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 11:27 AM   #763
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
OMG. Maybe God is real.
Old 06-18-2021, 11:36 AM   #764
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
This is pretty damning against Rick. I know TMac likes to stir the pot, but this info was bound to come out sooner or later. Wonder if Rick quit to try and get ahead of this kind of info to try and save face.

Just think the reality is there was no way Rick was coaching next season. Cuban would have had to fire him after this stuff came out.

https://twitter.com/RKonkle_Mavs/sta...51146044289026
Unbelievable

Even when a few of us voiced our complaints against RC dude had so many apologist on this site.

Some of them despite all this recent news would probably still defend the guy.

They would still except all his 1st round exits and act like his coaching was not part of the problem.

How quickly people forget Rick had to basically be talked into playing D.Stevenson by J.Kidd, T.Chandler and S.Marion or else we might not have even won that Championship season because Rick probably would have had some poor defensive player on the floor taking away all of Stevenson's minutes with his fucked up lineups.

Then Imagine some of the guys who would play well for a game or two and not even sniff the court again for 10-15 games. He always used that be ready attitude and when certain guys played well under his rule he'd still bench their ass for weeks.

So I'm be real here I'm glad Luka is finally the guy who has stood up and spoken up to Rick's bullshit

No other players beyond Dirk has really had that power to call out Rick and unfortunately Dirk isn't the type of guy to speak much.

So it sounds like Rick knew he wasn't going to win the battle vs Luka

Thank you Luka for being that guy who ultimately got Rick's ass out of here otherwise he would have become the new Tom Landry regardless of how many post season flops he had.

Last edited by Dallas41; 06-18-2021 at 11:38 AM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 11:57 AM   #765
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

If Celtics are blowing up and if they were willing I'm not sure if they would be but KP for Brown might be good for both teams. Ok maybe better for us Brown is a damn good player.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 11:58 AM   #766
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
That's why we shouldn't be GMs. It's fun to discuss this stuff, but at the end of the day, we are all bad at it.
While true.....like someone stated earlier we don't have the same information at our disposal as they do....and for the most part when it comes to the draft it seems like the Mavs are getting in their own way as opposed to just striking out.

Had they drafted Trae Young over Luka.....I could live with that.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 11:59 AM   #767
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJay View Post
If Celtics are blowing up and if they were willing I'm not sure if they would be but KP for Brown might be good for both teams. Ok maybe better for us Brown is a damn good player.
If they are blowing it up they wouldn't want KP or his contract. That being said, I don't think they are blowing it up. They are building around the core of Brown and Tatum.
Old 06-18-2021, 12:01 PM   #768
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If they are blowing it up, then why would they want a gimpy 2nd rate player that is still owed 100 million?

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 12:04 PM   #769
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Blowing it up doesnt mean not wanting to contend, it just means dramatically changing the team as it's currently constructed.

True they probably wouldn't do that deal but KP in NY was damn good they may think it's system. Maybe if we had some firsts to add to it but no such luck.

Last edited by JustJay; 06-18-2021 at 12:06 PM.
Old 06-18-2021, 12:09 PM   #770
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Blowing it up doesnt mean not wanting to contend, it just means dramatically changing the team as it's currently constructed.

True they probably wouldn't do that deal but KP in NY was damn good they may think it's system. Maybe if we had some firsts to add to it but no such luck.
Yeah but why in their right mind would they give us Jaylen Brown for KP? MAYBE Marcus Smart in a deal?
Old 06-18-2021, 12:26 PM   #771
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
While true.....like someone stated earlier we don't have the same information at our disposal as they do....and for the most part when it comes to the draft it seems like the Mavs are getting in their own way as opposed to just striking out.

Had they drafted Trae Young over Luka.....I could live with that.
They didn't draft Trey Young over Luka, because Atlanta preferred him, and had the higher draft pick, and also because they had the information that they aren't passing out to dumbass forum posters like ourselves. We all wanted a big dude to go with DSJ who is about to be out of the league. But hey we all wanted Bey over Green so we are all fucking geniuses.
Old 06-18-2021, 12:29 PM   #772
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yeah but why in their right mind would they give us Jaylen Brown for KP? MAYBE Marcus Smart in a deal?
Nope. Probably not even Smart.
Old 06-18-2021, 12:38 PM   #773
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They didn't draft Trey Young over Luka, because Atlanta preferred him, and had the higher draft pick, and also because they had the information that they aren't passing out to dumbass forum posters like ourselves. We all wanted a big dude to go with DSJ who is about to be out of the league. But hey we all wanted Bey over Green so we are all fucking geniuses.
I readily admit I didn't like Bey all that much. I liked Bane more then Bey and would have traded up to get him at the end of the first for sure to get that extra year. I still think it's too early to write off Green, I wasn't a huge fan of Green either but his defense and lateral movement are far superior to bey. The shocker for me was his corner 3 going from good and borderline great in college to air ball and side of backboard in pro. Maybe more playtime will help him.
Old 06-18-2021, 12:43 PM   #774
Some Guy

Some Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to all

Quote:
You honestly have to wonder how much of this was the existence of shadow bob and how much was on donnie and how much is on cuban or finley etc. Because we all thought it was weird when Barnes was traded during a game, that just doesn't happen. And then the weird Miami heat failed trade that said there were misunderstandings on what the trade parameters were. It sure does make sense that all these miscommunications comes from too many cooks in the kitchen so to speak... if a team is talking with Donnie one call and Bob on another and Fin in another and Cuban gives the ok to one of them I can see it leading to all these kinds of issues and then some.

An utter shit show imo.
And Donnie was fired because he wanted Cuban to fix that problem?
This all points to Cuban being the problem - and he's still here (and Bob as well?).
Old 06-18-2021, 12:46 PM   #775
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
And Donnie was fired because he wanted Cuban to fix that problem?
This all points to Cuban being the problem - and he's still here (and Bob as well?).
According to Tmac Donnie was fired after the Athletic ran the story. It's called a mutual parting of ways but it wasn't- Cuban was not happy about that story and it's pretty easy to guess where the sources for it came from. Having said that Donnie likely saw the writing on the wall, If Cuban wanted Rick here and this shadow bob wasn't well known the obvious scape goat was Donnie.

But yeah Cuban is the central problem in all of this it looks like and shadow bob is not under contract but we have no idea if he will be.... which is awesome.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 06-18-2021 at 12:47 PM.
Old 06-18-2021, 12:47 PM   #776
Some Guy

Some Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by washedklean77 View Post
This. I think Luka's got a Houston version of James Harden in him. We know that Luka's going to produce tremendous numbers while desiring very white gloved treatment - just like Harden did. Harden also created a lot of dissatisfaction within the organization because well...he called the shots and created a lot of fear in others. And in the end, it didn't work out and not only did it not work out, Harden didn't make anyone else around him any better during his Rockets tenure. Will Luka follow in those same footsteps? I sure hope not.
I think a big difference (so far, at least) between Luka and Harden is that Luka seems to care about how other people are treated. These reports are that he was upset Salah was mistreated, not that Luka himself was. And that is consistent with how he always seems to talk up other players in post game interviews. With the things he said to Dorian, and how he passed him the ball late in games, you can see that he is trying to make his teammates better.
Harden seems to only care about himself.
Old 06-18-2021, 12:50 PM   #777
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I mean, we all love Dirk, but this strikes me as a desperate PR move after a really bad three days for Cuban.

*House on fire*...hey guys, Dirk! Ya!

Old 06-18-2021, 12:53 PM   #778
JustJay

Quote:
I already agreed they probably wouldn't agree to it so why do you feel the need to ask the same question that I already covered?
Old 06-18-2021, 12:53 PM   #779
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
I mean, we all love Dirk, but this strikes me as a desperate PR move after a really bad three days for Cuban.

Yeah to me it's an easy cover for Cuban. Tell everyone Dirk is in charge of the search. Everyone loves Dirk. The mavs then promote Finley and Mosley and "Dirk" was involved so nobody can be upset.

Kill me.
Old 06-18-2021, 12:53 PM   #780
Some Guy

Quote:
According to Tmac Donnie was fired after the Athletic ran the story. It's called a mutual parting of ways but it wasn't- Cuban was not happy about that story and it's pretty easy to guess where the sources for it came from. Having said that Donnie likely saw the writing on the wall, If Cuban wanted Rick here and this shadow bob wasn't well known the obvious scape goat was Donnie.

But yeah Cuban is the central problem in all of this it looks like and shadow bob is not under contract but we have no idea if he will be.... which is awesome.
I guess I assumed the Athletic story was Donnie's (or someone else's on his behalf) attempt to force Cuban to fix that issue by bringing it to the public.
Old 06-18-2021, 12:55 PM   #781
Some Guy

Quote:

PR move, or a move to keep Luka happy. (I'm assuming it is true that he cares for Donnie)
Old 06-18-2021, 12:58 PM   #782
JustJay

Quote:
PR move, or a move to keep Luka happy. (I'm assuming it is true that he cares for Donnie)
Is Luka a big fan of Dirk? I never really got that vibe as they were teammates for one season.
Old 06-18-2021, 01:05 PM   #783
Some Guy

Quote:
Is Luka a big fan of Dirk? I never really got that vibe as they were teammates for one season.
I believe Dirk is pretty popular among European countries, like how Yao was huge in China. I think I remember reading that Luka thought highly of Dirk, but it might not be true.
And I thought Luka wanted to come to Dallas because of Donnie and Dirk (and how Dirk was treated).
But I don't really know.
Old 06-18-2021, 01:09 PM   #784
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'm not gonna speak for all posters.

I would think most posters would simply draft the best prospect on the board and if the MAVs would follow that they would have a far better track record than what they have.

And I can say that a few posters on this site did want Haliburton, Bey and Bane. ITs early for all we know Green may be better than all for all we know....

And I'd be careful on DSJ...the minute he left Dallas his career was over but he was fine his rookie year. You jump around the league and that's it for the most part. You rarely come back from that.
Old 06-18-2021, 01:13 PM   #785
Some Guy

Quote:
This is pretty damning against Rick. I know TMac likes to stir the pot, but this info was bound to come out sooner or later. Wonder if Rick quit to try and get ahead of this kind of info to try and save face.

Just think the reality is there was no way Rick was coaching next season. Cuban would have had to fire him after this stuff came out.

https://twitter.com/RKonkle_Mavs/sta...51146044289026
Do we know if it is true, or exaggerated? Could this be the team trying to save face?
(I'm simply asking, not defending anyone)
Old 06-18-2021, 01:15 PM   #786
JustJay

Quote:
I believe Dirk is pretty popular among European countries, like how Yao was huge in China. I think I remember reading that Luka thought highly of Dirk, but it might not be true.
And I thought Luka wanted to come to Dallas because of Donnie and Dirk (and how Dirk was treated).
But I don't really know.
I mean I'm sure Luka doesn't dislike Dirk or anything, but I don't really think that adding Dirk to the staff is going to make any difference in how Luka feels about the team unless they are really close. Just my opinion.

I think the biggest problem was RC and he's gone so I think Luka should be good. I don't think there's any reason to think he's going to turn down the 201 million dollar extension.

Last edited by JustJay; 06-18-2021 at 01:19 PM.
Old 06-18-2021, 01:23 PM   #787
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Do we know if it is true, or exaggerated? Could this be the team trying to save face?
(I'm simply asking, not defending anyone)
Apologist Sighted!!!!!!!

... Anyway. I think it's true but it's getting blown out of proportion, at least from what I heard from Tmac and Locked on pod. Rick is a prickly guy, has been a long time. Salah didn't like the way he treated him and Luka didn't like the way Salah was treated. There have been guys who didn't like Rick and others who love Rick. Ppl are acting like he takes a ball and beats players with it and walks behind them in a robe yelling SHAME SHAME SHAME<Peter griffin gif here>. Luka hasn't asked for Rick to be fired but he likely isn't upset by it.
Old 06-18-2021, 01:26 PM   #788
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah to me it's an easy cover for Cuban. Tell everyone Dirk is in charge of the search. Everyone loves Dirk. The mavs then promote Finley and Mosley and "Dirk" was involved so nobody can be upset.

Kill me.
This was my first thought too. Can’t imagine Dirk has much input on either position. Things look bad in Dallas, so bring back the most beloved player in franchise history. I’m hopeful they cast a wide net for both coach and GM.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 01:31 PM   #789
JustJay

You either give someone like Mosley or Hammon first time coaches a shot or you get a rehash. I'm not sure why the rehash is automatically the best option. It could be, but you have to take someone who lost their job or quit another job. But every coach that ended up being great had to be given a first chance.

Maybe a good college coach becomes available like what Brad Stevens ended up being, or even an international coach. But I'm sure no matter who they hire someone will be upset.

Last edited by JustJay; 06-18-2021 at 01:36 PM.
Old 06-18-2021, 01:39 PM   #790
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

I'm fine with Mosely or Hammons but not with Finley. I don't want a first time GM and first time coach, especially in Mosley's case where he is known more as a players coach. I need an experienced coach or an experienced GM if we are on a timer to get things right in time before Luka wants out.
Old 06-18-2021, 01:50 PM   #791
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:

That's exactly what this smells like.....
Old 06-18-2021, 01:56 PM   #792
Lestat_1795

Lestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to behold

What Athletic story are you all talking about? What is the stuff about Cuban and Donnie that came out in the story?
The shadow GM story?

Last edited by Lestat_1795; 06-18-2021 at 02:00 PM.
Lestat_1795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 02:03 PM   #793
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Getting rid of a guy with a bum knee underperforming is not blowing it up. Less is more with the subtracting of Kemba.
Old 06-18-2021, 02:05 PM   #794
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Haha yup, totally transparent Cuban. I’d wager he had this in his back pocket, “in case of emergency break glass” kind of thing.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 02:06 PM   #795
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Cuban definitely played his trump card for some positive PR. Which is fine, the firm will give them 10 names, whittle down to 5, and they’ll interview from there.
Old 06-18-2021, 02:07 PM   #796
JustJay

Just hire the starting 5 of the 2011 Mavs championship as the staff, Kidd can be coach JET assistant, Marion does....something. Dirk advisor, Stevenson GM, Tyson their bodyguard.
Old 06-18-2021, 02:18 PM   #797
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm fine with Mosely or Hammons but not with Finley. I don't want a first time GM and first time coach, especially in Mosley's case where he is known more as a players coach. I need an experienced coach or an experienced GM if we are on a timer to get things right in time before Luka wants out.
Experienced front office person for GM from the Morey, Pop, Presti, Ainge tree. Finley has been a part of this massively dysfunctional FO. Not saying he is at all at fault, but new blood is desperately needed.

This is assuming Masai and Presti aren’t coming. I actually think Masai is more likely. Presti won’t want to leave his toys and total control for Cuban’s antics.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 02:19 PM   #798
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
OMG. Maybe God is real.
Highly unlikely
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 02:33 PM   #799
DallasDog

DallasDog will become famous soon enoughDallasDog will become famous soon enough

ESPN article:
Quote:
Nowitzki, former teammate and current Mavericks executive vice president of basketball operations Michael Finley and a select group of trusted, longtime staffers met with Cuban at his request Thursday morning to discuss the franchise's path forward, sources told ESPN.

Sources said that Jason Kidd, Nowitzki's co-star on the Mavericks' 2010-11 championship team, was informally discussed as a coaching candidate among the group, but Cuban intends to hire a new head of basketball operations before conducting the coaching search.
IMHO the job is Jason Kidd's if he wants it.

A good choice for a variety of reasons.

First, it will be good for Luka and his development. There are many similarities of a young Luka and a young Jason Kidd.

Second, Kidd has experience with the current NBA, players and teams. Kidd hits the ground running.

Third, Kidd learns from his mistakes. Third time as a HC will allow Kidd to exorcize the past errors that cost him jobs.
DallasDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 02:45 PM   #800
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
ESPN article:

IMHO the job is Jason Kidd's if he wants it.

A good choice for a variety of reasons.

First, it will be good for Luka and his development. There are many similarities of a young Luka and a young Jason Kidd.

Second, Kidd has experience with the current NBA, players and teams. Kidd hits the ground running.

Third, Kidd learns from his mistakes. Third time as a HC will allow Kidd to exorcize the past errors that cost him jobs.
All good things.....

...but the wife beating thing would be another PR hit after the sexual harassment stuff.

Tags
jack.kerr aucks