Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-26-2005, 06:50 AM   #1
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default The Official Rally Thread: We're Not Going Fishing

Desperate times call for desperate measures. The outlook is bleak. Our spirits are down. Dirk is playing like he molested himself. AJ is getting outcoached.

In these desperate times, we must call on desperate measures. It's time to fuse our collective Mavs spirit. I hereby place a curse on TMac and the Houston Rockets.

May you play like turds the rest of the series. May your fans suffer in the misery of your defeats. May your coach grow hair. May David Wesley grow hair so he stops looking like a bald version of Alf. These inevitably are distractions for our beloved team.

I summon the spirits of the 2001 Mavericks who came back from a 0-2 defecit to win game 5 on the road. I summon the spirit of the mighty James Donaldson, Darren Morningstar, and Donald Hodge.

Believe. Or go fishing.

I hate fishing.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2005, 06:54 AM   #2
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all
Default RE: The Official Rally Thread: We're Not Going Fishing

I hate Fishing.

If we win Game 3, we have a chance.

Lets Go.

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 06:56 AM   #3
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Well I love her
And I love to fish
I spend all day out on this lake
And hell is all I catch
Today she met me at the door
Said I would have to choose
If I hit that fishin hole today
She'd be packin all her things
And she'd be gone by noon

Well I'm gonna miss her
When I get home
But right now I'm on the lake shore
And I'm sittin in the sun
I'm sure it'll hit me
When I walk through that door tonight
That I'm gonna miss her
Oh, lookie there, I've got a bite

Now there's a chance if I hurry
I could beg her to stay
But that water's right
And the weather's perfect
No tellin' what I might catch today
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 08:03 AM   #4
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

T-Mac will remember his Orlando disaster and blow the 2-0 lead all be himself
Yao will remember his 1 billion compatriots and crumble under the pressure
van Gundy will remember how he lost his New York job and make all the wrong decision from there on
Mutombo will remember his real age (51) and suddenly feel really old
Bowen will remember that his first name is not Bruce and hide on the bench for the rest of the series

and the Mavs will remember the Utah comeback and that's the last time they'll be looking back

full throttle, yeah baby!!!

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 08:13 AM   #5
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE:The Official Rally Thread: We're Not Going Fishing

i'm glad you guys are still upbeat..but i'm totally bummed out.

It is over this weekend..get the brooms out. The mavs did not play well during any part of games 1 and 2, and that gives me no reason to hold out hope of a miraculous comeback.

Dirk is slowed down by Ryan Bowen..unbelievable considering he torched Rasheed Wallace and Kevin Garnett in recent years.

Oh yeah, who did we have during that comeback in 2001? That's right..Calvin Booth, the same guy that was traded for Van Choke.

Umm..go suns.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 08:28 AM   #6
mav_love

mav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nice

The Rockets shot 55% in Game 2. They got an outstanding performance from Yao, who made nearly every single shot he took. People are saying TMac is looking like MJ. They're saying TMac-Yao is the new Shaq-Kobe. And I'm sure everyone's already got their sights on PHO-HOU in Round 2. In fact, everyone's talking about Houston now. And the only talk of Dallas... is about how they lost the series already.

I think that's great.

For all their lights-out play, the Rockets had to win the game on their *final possession*. They did it and deserve credit, but they also have to deal with the pressure now--with higher expectations and the possibility of being embarassed at home. No one in Houston is hoping for the Rockets to "split" the next two games. They're talking SWEEEEP. They're looking for 13 of 14 shooting from their center, a triple-double from their MJ.

And in Dallas... you've got to feel like the bottom's fell out. But as usual, when you let the funk take over, you overlook the obvious:

- Houston let the Mavs get on a roll Monday night: we shot 50%, had the 3-ball going and got great distribution in scoring
- Dirk found his game late in the 4th: taking Tmac one-on-one with the game on the line was a heady way to respond to his slump
- the Mavs also saw how tough they can play a lights-out Rockets team when Dirk, Finley, and Stackhouse are veritable no-shows
- they come away knowing, too, that if they *made their f'n free throws* they could secure some distance score-wise

i'm sure posters on this board aren't the only people questioning whether this Mavs team has heart. the players and coaches are asking themselves the same. i think Game 3 is going to be a resoundingly affirmative answer.

Nobody's gone fishing.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:31 AM   #7
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

Dirk is literally pulling his shorts down and inviting McGrady in at half court. I don't know if we can rally.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:05 AM   #8
Harrisment

Harrisment is on a distinguished road

The series is by no means over. If you listened to Tracy's postgame comments, you heard him say the Rockets havent accomplished anything and still have work to do. I expect these next two games to come down to the wire just like this one. The bad thing for the Mavs though, is they shot 67% from behind the arc.....and still lost.
Harrisment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 09:07 AM   #9
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice

One game at a time. Just one game...
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 01:51 PM   #10
MrCheerios

MrCheerios is on a distinguished road

I know Yao had to shoot 13-14 from the field and another great performance by Tmac to win, but we didn't have a nearly perfect game. We got outrebounded 42-29, 16 offensive. You made 10-15 from 3pt land. Van horn was 5-6, Damp was 6-7, Howard has a breakout quarter in the 2nd. Both teams made plays; we made one more. I expect game 3 to be similar. These teams are gonna kill each other.
MrCheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 02:10 PM   #11
jibikao

jibikao is on a distinguished road

One thing I would do is to put Bradley on Yao. Bradly is famous for being "annoying" with his long arms. Yao is not fast and he gets frustrated with "annoying long hands". Dampier is too short to guard Yao especially when Yao does that hook shot.

Maybe the answer is in Bradly. He only played 7 mins last night....

www.keepshooting.com
jibikao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 02:12 PM   #12
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Bradley without his annoying crap.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:30 PM   #13
waterflea

waterflea is on a distinguished road

[quote]
Originally posted by: mav_love
The Rockets shot 55% in Game 2. They got an outstanding performance from Yao, who made nearly every single shot he took. People are saying TMac is looking like MJ. They're saying TMac-Yao is the new Shaq-Kobe. And I'm sure everyone's already got their sights on PHO-HOU in Round 2. In fact, everyone's talking about Houston now. And the only talk of Dallas... is about how they lost the series already.

I think that's great.

For all their lights-out play, the Rockets had to win the game on their *final possession*. They did it and deserve credit, but they also have to deal with the pressure now--with higher expectations and the possibility of being embarassed at home. No one in Houston is hoping for the Rockets to "split" the next two games. They're talking SWEEEEP. They're looking for 13 of 14 shooting from their center, a triple-double from their MJ.

[quote]

To remind, Rockets get a coach name JVG. He is as green as the coach Mavs get.
waterflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 03:33 PM   #14
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I STILL BELIEVE.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 03:44 PM   #15
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

Old 04-26-2005, 03:50 PM   #16
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
I STILL BELIEVE.
Me too, alien. Call me crazy, but I have faith that the player we all want Dirk to be will show up on Thursday. This is his time to shine, to truly take over and let everyone know this is his team. He must quickly become the consummate leader, by example and by voice. He has to decide how he wants to be rememberd in this sport, as a legend or as a good foreign player. I think he has the capability to do all these things, and will start on Thursday. If he doesn't, and has another subpar game, then I will be very sad, to say the least.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:57 PM   #17
sp3nc3r13

sp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
I STILL BELIEVE.
I HAVE BEEN DEFENDING THE MAVS ALL DAY AT SCHOOL BECAUSE I BELIEVE WE HAVE THE BALLS TO TURN THIS edit SERIES AROUND. GO MAVS

Moderator's note: Please stop cussing.... not just you sp3nc3r, but everyone.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:21 AM   #18
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

An interesting side note. In the 1981 Playoffs, Bird's Celtics found themselves down to Dr J's 76'ers 3 games to 1 despite Boston having the better record and homecourt advantage. At that time, no playoff team had ever come back from a 3 to 1 deficit. The Celts rallied to beat the 76'ers in 7games and went on to win Bird's 1st NBA championship. I'm sure there were plenty of people who thought that Bird didn't have what it took to lead a team to championship when the C's found themselves down 3 to 1.

BTW the next year the Celtics found themselves in the same position, down 3 to 1 to the sixers despite having homecourt advantage. The C's forced a 7th game and lost. The next year the C's were swept I believe by Don Nelson's bucks. Despite all these set backs Bird went on to win 2 more NBA championships, 4 Eastern Conference Championships, and 3 league MVP's.

Moral of the story. Don't ever give up.

Go Mavs!!!
Old 04-27-2005, 11:21 AM   #19
LordOfTheMavs

LordOfTheMavs is on a distinguished road

5 games to go. Despite all the hysterics around here this series ain't over yet. Dallas gave one away and let Houston steal another. Gotta go get 'em back. If Dirk plays like Dirk, then I know that going to Houston and getting this series back in control is possible. Unlikely...Maybe. Possible...Why not??? It pretty much depends on Dirk right now.
LordOfTheMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 12:09 PM   #20
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

the only thing i hate more than alex trebec is fishing!

i'm not giving up yet, and neither are the mavs. they won two on our floor - we can win two on their floor.
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 07:16 AM   #21
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

one of my favorite sayings and something the mavs should remember:

"Don't talk about it, be about it."

Let's do the damn thing, man.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:27 AM   #22
Razor

Razor is on a distinguished road

Tonight is going to be a great game!

I still believe!
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 11:28 AM   #23
Razor

Razor is on a distinguished road

If not, I am going to cry the entire way home!
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 01:03 PM   #24
the amazing trace

the amazing trace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: mav_love

For all their lights-out play, the Rockets had to win the game on their *final possession*.
If I remember correctly, the Mavs had a final possession as well.

Old 04-28-2005, 01:56 PM   #25
lenard_hester

lenard_hester is on a distinguished road

A pox on the first-born of every Rocket player, coach, waterboy, trainer, front office person, fan, and well-wisher.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:08 PM   #26
Phil Helmuth

Phil Helmuth is on a distinguished road

LETS GO MAVS!!!! RALLY!!! RALLY!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!
Old 04-28-2005, 04:23 PM   #27
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

I agree with Mav_love. There is still hope!
Old 04-28-2005, 04:25 PM   #28
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I just have one thing to say: this series doesn't start until somebody wins a home game!!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 12:28 AM   #29
kyptonite

kyptonite is on a distinguished road

Well I hope that game is game 7...
kyptonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 12:29 AM   #30
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: kyptonite
Screw that, game 5 will be the one and only time the home team wins in this series!!!
Old 04-29-2005, 07:10 AM   #31
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice

Damn right we ain't going fishing. Here's to the curse staying on TMac & the Rox till we win the series. Go Mavs!
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 07:43 AM   #32
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

let's keep this thread strong. our spirits must remain high.

let's go mavs.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:14 AM   #33
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:
Originally posted by: kyptonite
Screw that, game 5 will be the one and only time the home team wins in this series!!!
Agreed LRB!
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 02:42 PM   #34
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

I agree with LRB.... FISHING SUCKS!

Old 05-05-2005, 12:37 PM   #35
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

rockets, its time to go fishing.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:01 PM   #36
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody ever seen (heard, actually) the great Spoonie Love of Crank Yankers? I can so picture Tracy McGrady calling a local country club..."We want just some tee time."
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 11:21 PM   #37
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

Worked for the last round. Let me try again.

================================================== =========================

Desperate times call for desperate measures. The outlook is bleak. Our spirits are down. Dirk is playing like he molested himself. AJ is getting outcoached.

In these desperate times, we must call on desperate measures. It's time to fuse our collective Mavs spirit. I hereby place a curse on Steve Nash and the Phoenix Suns.

May you play like turds the rest of the series. May your fans suffer in the misery of your defeats. May your coach go back into 80's porn like he was born to do. May your Stoudamire play like Damon. May Steve Nash sprain an ankle and be out the rest of the series.

I summon the spirits of the 2001 Mavericks who came back from a 0-2 defecit to win game 5 on the road. I summon the spirit of the mighty James Donaldson, Darren Morningstar, and Donald Hodge.

Believe. Or go fishing.

I hate fishing. Let's do the damn thing yo.
Old 05-14-2005, 11:28 PM   #38
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

F'em man, AJ....man up and get the job done.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 11:22 PM   #39
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

We're not joining these dorks!

|
|
|
|
|
v