Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-27-2006, 03:20 PM   #1001
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Franz Ferdinand - You Could Have Had It So Much Better
Ambulance LTD - s/t
David Bowie - Station to Station

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2006, 08:40 PM   #1002
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Ok guys. I know that Robbie Williams is not that much known in the US. But has anyone of you actually heard a whole record of him?

At least "Angels" should be known to anyone who listens to music...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=23059368

Turn it up as loud as you can and imagine standing in the crowd singing it with 150.000 people who love this song as well...

"Make me pure" is another great song:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=36638364

-Edit: Almost forgot "Better Man":

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=40941490

-Edit II: I'm not kidding. Robbie Williams IS the greatest entertainer of our time.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto

Last edited by Arne; 01-28-2006 at 08:48 PM.
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 08:47 PM   #1003
NXperience

NXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to all

Christina Aguilera - Beautiful
Frank Sinatra - My Way
Ladytron - Discotrax
NXperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 11:52 PM   #1004
DirtyNashty

DirtyNashty will become famous soon enoughDirtyNashty will become famous soon enough

How about a little Coheed and Cambria-----Welcome Home......Great stuff!
DirtyNashty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 11:53 PM   #1005
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, arne, i have one of robbie williams' cds (ego has landed). I like it, and i like that song he did a few years back, the one with the video where he strips down, even taking off his skin. creepy.

oh wait, i have two of his cds... yeah, i have a "Take That" cd. "Back For Good" was always one of my guilty pleasure songs, and found the cd at a garage sale... and yes, i have a very eclectic music collection. and no, i'm not gay.
Old 01-29-2006, 05:14 AM   #1006
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
yeah, arne, i have one of robbie williams' cds (ego has landed). I like it, and i like that song he did a few years back, the one with the video where he strips down, even taking off his skin. creepy.

oh wait, i have two of his cds... yeah, i have a "Take That" cd. "Back For Good" was always one of my guilty pleasure songs, and found the cd at a garage sale... and yes, i have a very eclectic music collection. and no, i'm not gay.
Woah. shouldn'T have mentioned the Take That cd...

Ego has landed is a good album. And I can only recommend you "Sing When You'Re Winning" and "Intensive Care". Good music.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Old 01-31-2006, 12:54 PM   #1007
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

All Balls Don't Bounce - Aceyalone
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 01:06 AM   #1008
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Adore - Punkins

still...underrated disc

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 02-03-2006 at 10:53 AM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 12:31 AM   #1009
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
And yes, Madvilliany is a great CD. I'd go with Vaudeville Villain by a nose.
Madvilliany just hits my brain in that perfect round and round and round in my cd player way because of Madlibs production, but Doom never goes pop like snot bubbles so its all good.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 12:41 AM   #1010
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne
Madvillainy was a good CD, but it wasn't even anything near my all-time favorit.
Well I never really found Carlton all that amusing.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:12 PM   #1011
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Pixies - Doolittle
Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the 36 Chambers

Old 02-03-2006, 06:43 PM   #1012
Arne
Golden Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive
Well I never really found Carlton all that amusing.
But he IS! Not in a Will Smith kind-of-way, but still...

At least you gotta admit that HE CAN DANCE!

Old 02-03-2006, 10:56 PM   #1013
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Mogwai - Come On Die Young
Old 02-04-2006, 01:25 AM   #1014
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne
But he IS! Not in a Will Smith kind-of-way, but still...

At least you gotta admit that HE CAN DANCE!
Carlton can dance but he doesn't have the fat thing going for him like Rerun did.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:43 PM   #1015
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

ok, I may be way behind the times, but have any of you heard of rahzel? one of my students had his track "If Your Mother Really Knew" and made me listedn to it today. the guy is freakin' amazing. I had never heard of him. it's just him beatboxing (k, I'm old and not hip, so if that isn't the way you say it sorry!) and no background muic or anything. it is so cool! not my kind of music, but I kinda dig it!

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 05:57 PM   #1016
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

man, i am jamming right now, to some SWEET sing-a-longs and lullabies.

Old 02-07-2006, 06:10 PM   #1017
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

10 years

NOt very good

Last edited by Just211; 02-07-2006 at 06:28 PM.
Just211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 06:12 PM   #1018
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Raef, Rahzel is pretty good. He is also a contributing member of the Roots, so you might want to consider checking them out if you like him.

Listening to:

Silver Jews - Tanglewood Numbers
Fiery Furnaces - EP
Black Keys - Rubber Factory

Old 02-08-2006, 06:18 PM   #1019
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
Raef, Rahzel is pretty good. He is also a contributing member of the Roots, so you might want to consider checking them out if you like him.

Listening to:

Silver Jews - Tanglewood Numbers
Fiery Furnaces - EP
Black Keys - Rubber Factory
Thanks for the tip! I'll check them out.

I'm just loving Jason Mraz right now. I saw him on Ellen the other day, and I had no idea how attractive he is! Even more of a reason to listen to him!

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 02:29 PM   #1020
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

The Pharcyde - Bizarre Ride II
DJ Shadow - Endtroducing
Velvet Underground - Loaded
Blur - Parklife

Old 02-13-2006, 04:12 PM   #1021
NXperience

NXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to all

High and Mighty Color - Goofer
NXperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 05:25 PM   #1022
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Jack Johnson mix cd. Friend of mine sent it to me. Dude is just flat out awesome.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 05:30 PM   #1023
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

a cd of Mozart

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 06:03 PM   #1024
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

man, i seriously wish i had a kid right now. the jack johnson "curious george" soundtrack would be great to listen to with him/her. it's really cool/fun right now, but i wish i could jam to the "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle" song with a kid.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:20 PM   #1025
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

just 211 do you like the song wasteland? If you do and the rest of the cd is crap thats one thing if you dont like any of it then we just have different tastes. I was thinking about picking up the cd because i do like wasteland. Has anyone got the flyleaf cd? I like im so sick but i never buy a cd for just one song.

Demon Hunter - demon hunter Rotating it with My new jack johnson mix cd. I know i already said it but man that guy is awesome.
BTW for anyone like myself who is a christian that likes music similar to slipknot but not the message they bring Demon hunter is an awesome band. Listen to Infected on the internet if you want an example of them.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:43 PM   #1026
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

5 0 fan, yeah i like wasteland, and theres one other decent track, but the rest isn't too good.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:03 PM   #1027
Five-ofan
Guru

So im guessing its like breaking benjamins cd. I really liked cold and something else cant remember what it was but man that cd sucked. Thanks for the heads up now i dont need to waste my money.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:59 AM   #1028
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Andrew WK: The Wolf

Last edited by Evilmav2; 02-19-2006 at 09:15 AM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 01:02 PM   #1029
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Picked this up the other day. really pretty good:

Old 02-19-2006, 01:15 PM   #1030
FahQ

FahQ will become famous soon enoughFahQ will become famous soon enough

Fort Minor - The Rising Tied
Panic at the disco - A Fever You Can't Sweat Out
FahQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 05:35 PM   #1031
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 06:26 PM   #1032
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

New Amsterdams, Guster, Coldplay. I settled down from my Metallica days and stuff like that.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:44 PM   #1033
wescx

wescx will become famous soon enoughwescx will become famous soon enough

Old 02-27-2006, 01:13 AM   #1034
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 05:22 PM   #1035
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

Old 02-27-2006, 05:52 PM   #1036
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Blue October - Schizophrenia
Bob Dylan - Forever Young
Buckcherry - Borderline
(hed)p.e. - Crazy Legs
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 10:33 PM   #1037
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Belle and Sebastian: Dear Catastrophe Waitress
If you're Feeling Sinister
Old 02-28-2006, 08:59 AM   #1038
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

LCD Soundsystem
The Boy Least Likely To - Best Party Ever
White Stripes - Get Behind Me Satan
Loretta Lynn - Van Lear Rose
and in preparation for the reunion show.....
Toadies - Rubberneck / Feeler / Hell Below Stars Above
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:06 AM   #1039
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

+ +

Last edited by Evilmav2; 02-28-2006 at 09:18 AM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 10:23 AM   #1040
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

planning to pick up the new Rhett Miller today.

Tags
<clutch tagging>, got a bit fluffy in here