Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-24-2006, 11:08 AM   #1
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future
Default Cap's Fantasy Team - Your help needed

I think the draft went pretty well. It's hard picking back to back, but I feel pretty good about

TEAM- Fire Crotch Rockets
Overall/ Player
1. Troy Smith
24. Joel Filani
25. Rafael Little (Kentucky)
48. Felix Jones (Arky)
49. P.J. Hill (Wisconsin) (Rfr)
72. Deon Butler
73. Florida Def
96. Shaun Herbert (Northwestern)
97. Terrance Nunn
120. Brandon Whitaker (Baylor)
121. Jordan Congdon (Nebraska)

We start 2 RBs and 2 WRs with one flex (RB/WR) player. I need to decide on 3 more guys, usually I lean towards a 3rd RB...

P.J. Hill, Wisc. vs. Bowling Green
Rafael Little, Kentucky vs. Louisville
Brandon Whitaker, Baylor vs. TCU
Felix Jones, Ark. vs. USC

Deon Butler, Penn St. vs. Akron
Joel Filani, Tex. Tech vs. SMU
Shaun Herbert, N'westrn vs. Miami (OH)
Terrence Nunn, Neb. vs. Louisiana Tech

Holla at your boy.

edit: I'm leaning towards Little, Jones and Nunn.

Last edited by capitalcity; 08-24-2006 at 11:26 AM.
capitalcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2006, 05:44 PM   #2
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Is this college? Sorry man, I only do NFL Fantasy Football. I would've been able to help you, but won't with college.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 05:57 PM   #3
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I cant imagine doing college fantasy football because of the VASTLY different levels of competetion. SMU has very good dbs but tech is tech and filani is a monster so hes a solid play. I would like to see how the draft went.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 06:46 PM   #4
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Well Felix should get plenty of touches against USC. I'd say he's a pretty safe bet to touch the ball 25 combined times with KR, screens, and running plays. USC's defense wasn't great last year but they return some talent, albeit young. Arkansas' new offense is getting mixed reviews from practice reports, so you'll probably see a lot of running plays still.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:47 PM   #5
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Oh...and where was McFadden taken in your league's draft?
Old 08-24-2006, 08:07 PM   #6
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

It's a Big 10, Big 12, SEC only league - So it's pretty easy to scout and draft for the 35 teams and I think more interesting...

McFadden went 27th, - would've gone in the top 15.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:11 PM   #7
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Could you give a recap of the first 3 rounds?
Old 08-24-2006, 08:16 PM   #8
Five-ofan
Guru

Nasthy you seem to be into fantasy fb as much as I am, would you do
Jake Delhomme
Mike Bell
Warrick Dunn
Roy Williams
Joe Horn
and Donald Driver

for

Peyton Manning
Boldin
Andre Johnson
Jamal Lewis
Mike Anderson
Keenan mcardell

My lineup would be

Peyton
Dominick Davis
Lewis
Boldin
Johnson
Mccardell
Lj Smith(my personal sleeper pick)
Graham
Ravens

I took over for someone who to be quite honest effed up his draft
He took brady in the first round and the ravens in the 3rd. I have already made a couple of trades but that trade has been proposed to me and im curious if you would take it. I counter proposed the same deal but leaving Dunn and Lewis and Anderson out. Your thoughts?
Old 08-24-2006, 08:25 PM   #9
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Could you give a recap of the first 3 rounds?
I got you 5.0.

qb smith
rb irons
qb harrell, g
rb sutton, t
qb leak
wr ginn
rb peterson
qb stanton
rb pittman, a
rb russell, g
qb henne
qb tate

rb darby
wr hicks
qb powers, b
qb russell, j
rb young, a
rb charles, j
rb lucky, m
rb vincent, j
rb foster, a
wr rice, s
qb mitchell, b
wr filani

rb little, r
wr blythe, t
rb mcfadden
rb pinnix, a
rb hart, m
qb daniel, c
wr wood, d
wr bryant, d
wr hardy, j
rb lewis, c
rb hunt, t
wr williams, d

Three guys didn't show or submit lists. That's why you've got Ginn and Gary Russell and a couple of ? picks. We made a girl pick for them.

College is fun because there is "two" seasons. That's why you've got guys like Blake Powers going so high. Typically players rip shit up during the non-conf schedule and then tail off against stiffer competition. The Freshman aspect adds a ripple too - for instance, I don't really know anything about P.J. Hill other than the fact that he's running behind some good fat boys in a run oriented offense.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:57 PM   #10
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Nasthy you seem to be into fantasy fb as much as I am, would you do
Jake Delhomme
Mike Bell
Warrick Dunn
Roy Williams
Joe Horn
and Donald Driver

for

Peyton Manning
Boldin
Andre Johnson
Jamal Lewis
Mike Anderson
Keenan mcardell

My lineup would be

Peyton
Dominick Davis
Lewis
Boldin
Johnson
Mccardell
Lj Smith(my personal sleeper pick)
Graham
Ravens

I took over for someone who to be quite honest effed up his draft
He took brady in the first round and the ravens in the 3rd. I have already made a couple of trades but that trade has been proposed to me and im curious if you would take it. I counter proposed the same deal but leaving Dunn and Lewis and Anderson out. Your thoughts?
I really really like Roy Williams this year, he's gonna be huge. I think I would do it though. The deal you proposed seems good, where you take Dunn out. Then you are basically trading nothing special for Boldin and Manning, plus I think Andre Johnson will have a good year. The only guy you are losing is Roy Williams, and what you are gaining is better. I would do that trade.

It sucks that I can't make the draft tomorrow I still like my chances, but it's a lot tougher when you aren't at the draft.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 08-24-2006, 11:03 PM   #11
Five-ofan
Guru

Whats funny is that I DID draft in this league just for someone else. We all know how big of a UT homer i am and I LOVE roy williams but i doubt seriously he ever puts up the numbers people expect and i am getting peyton freakin manning. IMO this is how i viewed the deal,
Manning>>>delhomme
Boldin>>driver
Johnson>Williams I know he had a down year last year but its not like williams has ever lit anything up
Mccardell<<horn Keenan was better last year and if he can just hold off time for one more year im golden.
Lewis=dunn. Dunn still wasnt going to get goal line carries and he is a 31 year old rb. Its never a good idea to be counting on 31 year old rbs. Lewis could go either way but i think Mcnair opens up alot for him.

Mike bell>>> anderson but anderson is a handcuff to go with lewis so its ok.

The team when i took over
Brady
Bell
Dunn
TO
Williams
Driver
Miller
Graham
Ravens

The team now

Brady
Dominick Davis
Lewis
Boldin
Johnson
Mccardell
Smith
Graham
Ravens.

Also this is a keeper league where anyone drafted after the 4th round is a keeper and we can keep 2 players. I have aquired Deangelo Williams as well as Johnson who will more than likely be my keepers. Overall i think i have made the best of a bad team and i might not be done yet. I have pulled off two blockbusters in 2 days though.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 08-24-2006 at 11:05 PM.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:52 PM   #12
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Whats funny is that I DID draft in this league just for someone else. We all know how big of a UT homer i am and I LOVE roy williams but i doubt seriously he ever puts up the numbers people expect and i am getting peyton freakin manning. IMO this is how i viewed the deal,
Manning>>>delhomme
Boldin>>driver
Johnson>Williams I know he had a down year last year but its not like williams has ever lit anything up
Mccardell<<horn Keenan was better last year and if he can just hold off time for one more year im golden.
Lewis=dunn. Dunn still wasnt going to get goal line carries and he is a 31 year old rb. Its never a good idea to be counting on 31 year old rbs. Lewis could go either way but i think Mcnair opens up alot for him.

Mike bell>>> anderson but anderson is a handcuff to go with lewis so its ok.

The team when i took over
Brady
Bell
Dunn
TO
Williams
Driver
Miller
Graham
Ravens

The team now

Brady
Dominick Davis
Lewis
Boldin
Johnson
Mccardell
Smith
Graham
Ravens.

Also this is a keeper league where anyone drafted after the 4th round is a keeper and we can keep 2 players. I have aquired Deangelo Williams as well as Johnson who will more than likely be my keepers. Overall i think i have made the best of a bad team and i might not be done yet. I have pulled off two blockbusters in 2 days though.
Roy Williams is a lot better than Andre Johnson, guarenteed. And Dunn is better than Lewis.

Old 08-25-2006, 07:28 PM   #13
Five-ofan
Guru

You do know that roys career high in receiving yards is 817 right? Andre actually had one more receiving yards than Roy last year in the same number of games. Roy scores more but andre had over 2000 yards combined in his first 2 years. As for lewis, he is lower than dunn right now i agree but dunn STILL isnt going to score and with lewis and anderson i have a starter who could maybe bounce back or a guy who has had 1000 yard seasons in the past. Dunn is a 31 year old rb so i doubt seriously he gets better. It could go either way but its most certainly nowhere near the differential between delhomme and manning.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:33 PM   #14
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
You do know that roys career high in receiving yards is 817 right? Andre actually had one more receiving yards than Roy last year in the same number of games. Roy scores more but andre had over 2000 yards combined in his first 2 years. As for lewis, he is lower than dunn right now i agree but dunn STILL isnt going to score and with lewis and anderson i have a starter who could maybe bounce back or a guy who has had 1000 yard seasons in the past. Dunn is a 31 year old rb so i doubt seriously he gets better. It could go either way but its most certainly nowhere near the differential between delhomme and manning.
You are definetly getting the better end of the deal, but imo Roy Williams will have a huge year. Martz is big on passing, Kitna is a lot better than Harrington and Williams is the focal point of the Detroit offense. I think he'll be a good deal better than Andre Johnson. And I didn't realize what Lewis you were talking about, Jamal is only a little worse than Dunn.

Old 08-25-2006, 09:37 PM   #15
Five-ofan
Guru

Roy is NEVER healthy. Even a UT he was never healthy. He always pulls something and its because he is one of the most inflexible great athletes i have ever seen or heard of. He is such a great athlete but you know that stretch when you are a kid when you sit down spread your legs but keep them straight and then put your arms as far forward as you can hopefully a few inches past your feet? Roy cant do that. He cant reach his feet. Thats why he always pulls hammies.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:55 AM   #16
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Alright, we'll see. I expect a good year from him.

Old 09-01-2006, 02:16 AM   #17
capitalcity
Diamond Member

(Sorry Dr.Bio) I just jettisoned Brandon Whitaker to pick up Alex Daniels RB Minnesota.

The 265lbs.er went crazy on Kent State tonight. - 25 car 155 yds 3 tds. Dude was supposed to be a linebacker until Gary Russell was kicked off the team.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:30 PM   #18
capitalcity
Diamond Member

-just picked up WR Malcolm Kelly. Dude tore it up last Saturday vs. Washington.

Kelly is an impressive specimen 6'4" 220lbs with great hands. I don't know what to do with him going forward though. Being that Paul Thompson looks lost half the time and lucky the other half, OU will probably struggle/lose when they go up to Oregon next week.

I stole WR Antonio Gonzales too. He was everywhere Texas DB's weren't last saturday. With Ginn a threat to go for 6 everytime out, I think Gonzo might be the better fantasy pickup.

Oh yeaj, PJ Hill is officially Ron Dayne Part Deux. Wisconsin's run attack is potent.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:08 PM   #19
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity

TEAM- Fire Crotch Rockets
Overall/ Player
1. Troy Smith
24. Joel Filani
25. Rafael Little (Kentucky)
48. Felix Jones (Arky)
49. P.J. Hill (Wisconsin) (Rfr)
72. Deon Butler
73. Florida Def
96. Shaun Herbert (Northwestern)
97. Terrance Nunn
120. Brandon Whitaker (Baylor)
121. Jordan Congdon (Nebraska)
Roster update:

Troy Smith
PJ Hill
Alex Daniels
LaMarcus Coker
Charles Scott
DeShawn Wynn
Malcolm Kelly
Joel Filani
Anthony Gonzales
Florida DEF
Jordan Congdon

I'm in a 4-way tie for first place in my league.