Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-24-2007, 10:46 PM   #1
globemaster

globemaster will become famous soon enough
Default Start time...

Is anyone else here mad about the start times? So far we've picked up an 8:30 PM start time and tomorrow night its at 9:30. We are the #1 seed why should we have to play a game that starts when Golden State is most adjusted to the start time? Isn't that part of the "Home Court Advantage" or would Stern rather work out a schedule that has us tip off at 11 PM so that Golden State has even more of an advantage. Even without Overtime tomorrow there is a possibility that a HOME game in Dallas runs until 1230 Am or even later.

To make it even worse we'll have to turn around and have just as late a tip time on Friday so that we can accomdate Golden State. I'm not making excuses and saying that this is why we lost on Sunday, but that doesn't make it right either.

go mavs
globemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2007, 10:59 PM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by globemaster
Is anyone else here mad about the start times? So far we've picked up an 8:30 PM start time and tomorrow night its at 9:30. We are the #1 seed why should we have to play a game that starts when Golden State is most adjusted to the start time? Isn't that part of the "Home Court Advantage" or would Stern rather work out a schedule that has us tip off at 11 PM so that Golden State has even more of an advantage. Even without Overtime tomorrow there is a possibility that a HOME game in Dallas runs until 1230 Am or even later.

To make it even worse we'll have to turn around and have just as late a tip time on Friday so that we can accomdate Golden State. I'm not making excuses and saying that this is why we lost on Sunday, but that doesn't make it right either.

go mavs
Where did you get the 9:30 start at? Dallasmavericks.com has it still at 8:30.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:04 PM   #3
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I almost feel like I shouldn't complain, because it is the playoffs, but the late starts are a real beating. Its not like the game ends and you can just fall asleep. Hopefully I will be a real mess for the next two months.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:05 PM   #4
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I am certain the reason for it is the opponent being on Pacific time. But yeah.... it beats me.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:11 PM   #5
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Jimmy Johnson would have loved it. You know, get the crowd a little more lubed.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:13 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

they are a huge beating, sunday night to boot! yuck..

Not only late but it's the last game of a tnt game. so automatically it starts 15 minutes late (what time did the last one start??) and it goes over with longer than normal timeouts.

I got home about 12:00 I believe. And as you say can't sleep for 1-2 hours and back up at 6-7. It's a huge whip.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 04-24-2007, 11:18 PM   #7
THIZZELLEWASHINGTON
Banned

THIZZELLEWASHINGTON is infamous around these parts

Yeah, Im sure the start tie is why you guys lost...
THIZZELLEWASHINGTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:47 PM   #8
dude1394
Guru

Who votes for a lobotomy for this one? Not only does nothing intelligent come out of her mouth, but her hyperactive teenie sig messes up the spacing.

Ban her and force her to come back with something shorter as a sig like "duh" or something.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:00 AM   #9
globemaster

My mistake. I was just watching ESPN and I could have sworn they said 10:30 Eastern. 8:30 is still too late to start in Dallas.

go mavs
Old 04-25-2007, 12:04 AM   #10
globemaster

If you read my thread I said that I wasn't using it as an excuse. Golden State whipped Dallas and it wouldn't have mattered what time the game started. However, it still isn't exactly fair that yall will get your normal start time and we won't.

go mavs
Old 04-25-2007, 12:24 AM   #11
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
I am certain the reason for it is the opponent being on Pacific time. But yeah.... it beats me.
Personally I have really appreciated all the 5pm starts, just for the record.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:41 AM   #12
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Tomorrow's game is at 8:30 Central time. Dunno where you got 9:30.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:50 AM   #13
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

only an hour later than regular starts. no big deal. when there's fewer games to squeeze in, it will return to normal for the mavs in rd. 2
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:02 AM   #14
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

I was told that the reason we get the late starts is because that game is TNT's biggest draw. That would make sense. I do hate it though. I'm going tonight, and then I'll have to turn around and get up early tomorrow. Oh well. It's more than worth it to see my Mavs.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:23 AM   #15
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

There is a significant viewing audience in a small Pacific state called California. I'm pretty sure this league would be bankrupt without people to watch the games. One great way to lose fans is to show your teams first playoff game in 12 years during your drive home from work.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:40 AM   #16
robz
Golden Member

robz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nice

yah wtf, i'm from the east and having games start laste sucks. yesterday i was watching the suns game (10:30 start here) and at 1230 i was like okay screw this i have to goto bed, work in the morning at 7am
Old 04-25-2007, 09:28 AM   #17
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

I understand the complaints but they're not going to overlap games to where you have to choose and I actually applaud them for that. With that being the fact the other games Wednesday night are Washington @ Cleveland (they're time zone is an hour later than ours so of course they'll start earlier) and Denver @ San Antonio. It'd be nice if we could switch with that game but it's really a wash because both teams are in Texas. Why we're later than them? I really don't know but I think it has to do with seedings as I think whoever was the #1 seed in the West was going to play the last game after every other team plays Game 1 which was Sunday night and then once that happens it carries over to every other game for consistancy.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:29 AM   #18
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Start the games at the normal time and deal with the TV Scheduling issues another way.

Perhaps having more than one station broadcasting games...there's a novel concept.

Most fans only watch their teams games...I know some are hooked and watch all the games, but I'm just saying the majority only watch their team.

As it stands now, I tend to record the Mavs game and watch it about 30-60 minutes later...this allows me to skip commercials and still catch the end result at about the same time as everyone watching it live.

I'll watch some other shows so that I can get ahead on Tape Delay...and if the Mavs start sucking it up, I can skip ahead and avoid a heart attack!!!

8:30 scheduled start time, simply sucks!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:07 PM   #19
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Jimmy Johnson would have loved it. You know, get the crowd a little more lubed.

haha, lubed. classic.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:26 PM   #20
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Who votes for a lobotomy for this one? Not only does nothing intelligent come out of her mouth, but her hyperactive teenie sig messes up the spacing.

Ban her and force her to come back with something shorter as a sig like "duh" or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by THIZZELLEWASHINGTON
THIZZELLEWASHINGTON
This message is hidden because THIZZELLEWASHINGTON is on your ignore list.
Her sig looks perfectly fine to me.

And for the people in the East like me, it does suck, 9:30, the game won't be over til 12, but probably much later.

Last edited by bernardos70; 04-25-2007 at 03:27 PM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote