Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-06-2007, 11:14 AM   #1
VivaNajera
Golden Member

VivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of light
Default NBA League Pass - NBATV Summer LG

Anyone who subscribed to NBA League Pass for the past season not receiving NBA TV anymore? I know over the past few season even after the seasons end that NBA TV remained during the offseason. I called Directv and they told me I had to add the Sports Package for $12 to get NBATV because the season is over, which I think is BS.

I'm hoping to catch some summer league games over the next few weeks and I'd like to have NBATV w/o paying $12
VivaNajera is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2007, 11:16 AM   #2
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

That's correct, you have to get the sports package to get it all year round.

I miss my Directv
Old 07-06-2007, 11:20 AM   #3
VivaNajera
Golden Member

VivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
That's correct, you have to get the sports package to get it all year round.

I miss my Directv
in the past i havent had to do that, Ive gotten it year round without paying $12, that sucks if i gotta pay for the sports package until i can get NBA Lg PASS for next year
VivaNajera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 05:36 PM   #4
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Live link to Dallas vs. Seattle Summer-league match...

http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia-live/nb … 051201.asx
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 05:48 PM   #5
peruna11

peruna11 is on a distinguished road

Ager looks pretty good during the first half. Nice dunk on Green!
peruna11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 06:00 PM   #6
Geschwinder

Geschwinder is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleefilled
Live link to Dallas vs. Seattle Summer-league match...

http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia-live/nb … 051201.asx

could you re-post the link? its not working for me, I think a part of it is missing
Geschwinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 06:08 PM   #7
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geschwinder
could you re-post the link? its not working for me, I think a part of it is missing
Sorry, I don't know what happened. Here is a link to the thread where I got that link from:

http://85.92.128.155/~myp2p/forum/vi...p?id=14580&p=3

Hope that helps..
Old 07-06-2007, 06:14 PM   #8
Geschwinder

Geschwinder is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleefilled
Sorry, I don't know what happened. Here is a link to the thread where I got that link from:

http://85.92.128.155/~myp2p/forum/vi...p?id=14580&p=3

Hope that helps..

THANKS this is awesome
Geschwinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 06:25 PM   #9
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Why does it says Spurs v Sonics on KTXA?
Old 07-06-2007, 06:27 PM   #10
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

Faz looks terrible out there. He honestly looks two steps slower than everybody else.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 06:36 PM   #11
Darke

Darke has a spectacular aura aboutDarke has a spectacular aura aboutDarke has a spectacular aura about

Barea looks fine. Ager and Tucker too.
Darke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 06:36 PM   #12
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Holy God Barea has improved.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 06:40 PM   #13
jleefilled
Platinum Member

Ager looks about ten times more athletic than he did last year. Barea is awesome.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:50 PM   #14
Darke

Darke has a spectacular aura aboutDarke has a spectacular aura aboutDarke has a spectacular aura about

Diop is good defensively, but the offense... ah, well, it can only get better I guess..

Barea will make the team, surely
Darke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 06:54 PM   #15
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darke
Diop is good defensively, but the offense... ah, well, it can only get better I guess..

Barea will make the team, surely
No joke. If Diop's not getting the ball, then there's no reason for him to even be playing in the SL.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 06:56 PM   #16
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

so which link is it in the thread with the links?
Old 07-06-2007, 07:14 PM   #17
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Barea is fantastic. He's really making some good passes. What a speed demon.

Tucker has a nice shot too.

Last edited by Windmill360; 07-06-2007 at 07:15 PM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:19 PM   #18
xcacophony

xcacophony is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Anyone who subscribed to NBA League Pass for the past season not receiving NBA TV anymore? I know over the past few season even after the seasons end that NBA TV remained during the offseason. I called Directv and they told me I had to add the Sports Package for $12 to get NBATV because the season is over, which I think is BS.
Yeah, in the past I've been able to keep it over the summer, but a month ago they canceled my NBA TV expectantly and when I called them about it, they added the Sports Package onto my account without telling me. I thought they just put the channel back, but a week ago I was flipping around and found out they charged me for something I didn't want. It's really frustrating. I gave up and just canceled the damn thing.
xcacophony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:21 PM   #19
BWK

BWK is on a distinguished road

Ummm.... no Pops? You think they just said "you know what, after that game against china lets just resign him and let him do his own thing in the off-season."

Strange that they've got Diop playing and no PMB
BWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:22 PM   #20
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Do these refs watch NBA games? Or do the NBA refs just not call the same things as these guys?
Old 07-06-2007, 07:26 PM   #21
jleefilled
Platinum Member

Quick reflections on the game:

Fazekas does look a step or two slow. I'm not overly concerned about it as this is his first real NBA competition. I think he'll eventually adjust. He seemed to lose confidence as his shots continued to miss. I really liked one play in which he pump-faked his man and took a couple of steps closer to the basket to put up a Josh Howard-esque floater that barely missed. I don't know if Nick will be able to improve his overall quickness, but I think he has a chance to improve his toughness. I think he needs to learn how to use his 6'11" frame more assertively. He's probably at least a year from becoming a usable asset for the Mavericks. He struggled in this game, but I really like this kid's potential.

Terry looks more ready to contribute to the Mavs this year than Ager did last year. He looks and plays like a polished veteran out there. He's athletic with an NBA-ready body, and he has a great looking jump shot. I think the Mavs really did themselves a favor by drafting him.

As I said, Ager looks much more athletic than what I remember of him. He kind of faded in the second half, but in the first half, he had about a four-minute stretch in which he had two fast-break dunks, a nice driving layup in traffic, and a three from the corner. I think he has a great chance to crack Avery's rotation this year.

Watching JJB makes you wonder why Maverick fans are so concerned about the Mavs finding a "true" point guard. JJB is about as true as it gets, folks. He's a playmaker on the offensive end, and he moves his feet very well on the defensive end. The NBA-TV commentators were raving how as soon as Barea is put into the game order is completely restored for the Mavs. And they were right...

We all know that Diop is about defense, and he showed it in this game. It's almost unfair watching him protect the basket for the Mavs' summer-league team.

Other than those guys, I didn't really watch anyone closely on the Mavs. Brandon Bass looks like he can play. He had a couple of dunks, and he definitely was a physical presence out there. Kevin Durant most definitely will be a force in the NBA. He didn't hit many shots, but he was able to draw fouls at will, it seems.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:33 PM   #22
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Siebutus gets a score.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:36 PM   #23
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I missed the whole damn first quarter and half the second because TW cable is in the midst of a change in the channel lineup, and for whatever reason, channel 12 (the new home for KTXA) was not coming in through my box. I called them and they couldn't help. And then suddenly, it just now came on!

Thank goodness, because I was getting ready to be pissed!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:40 PM   #24
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

One thing is NBATV was all over the map about when(if) it was going to be televised. Nice to have it on ktxa

I haven't seen much of durant, but he sure looks a lot more nba ready that Xilian was.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 07-06-2007 at 07:40 PM.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:47 PM   #25
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah its on nba tv tonight at 11 pm. Like people are going to stay in on a friday night to watch a summer league game.

Check that, its on right now on 388 on time warner. Or KTXA. Stupid Time Warner change over.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 07-06-2007 at 07:58 PM.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:07 PM   #26
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Barea is tearing it up!
Old 07-06-2007, 08:11 PM   #27
dude1394
Guru

He really pushes the ball which I like a lot. I'd really like to see him work really,really hard on his outside shot, he won't be able to finish much unless he had a bunch of cleverness around the rim.

That Rayshawn Terry really looks like a keeper to me. He'll be very hard to keep off the roster.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:14 PM   #28
dude1394
Guru

Another really nice pass by JJB. Whomever that was should have taken it into the rack.

that's always a mindset when I remember, you are wide open, wide open, but you've also got a little opening, you really need to take the drive.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:18 PM   #29
dude1394
Guru

Mo's aggressive to a fault. Bad shot.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:26 PM   #30
MavelousJake

MavelousJake will become famous soon enoughMavelousJake will become famous soon enough

Same drill, guys. If you want me to include your summary league player/game summaries on my site, just post it here and give me permission or, if you want to make things a little easier on me , you can post it on the thread on my site for dropping commentary or you could email me at jake@mavelo.us.

I liked having the round up of observations from fans and will do it for each game.
MavelousJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:28 PM   #31
dude1394
Guru

I give you carte blanche to use anything I type here, unless I use a curse word then I would rather you not.

Saw Zeke get a pretty good position on that postup.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:34 PM   #32
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
He really pushes the ball which I like a lot. I'd really like to see him work really,really hard on his outside shot, he won't be able to finish much unless he had a bunch of cleverness around the rim.

That Rayshawn Terry really looks like a keeper to me. He'll be very hard to keep off the roster.
Agree on both counts. JJB looks like he DOES have some cleverness around the rim. I'm not seeing him getting his shot blocked that often. However, he's not converting with impressive consistency. But if he'll keep working at it, he looks quick and clever enough to at least get the shot off with regularity. Man, there was one play in the first half (he was driving down the left side and banked it in one-handed) when I thought he looked a lot like Nash. Needless to say, I was pleased.

But yeah, if he can hit a jumper that will help him a lot. Something tells me, though, that finishing in the lane is going to be a bigger key to his success.

On Terry...hell, I can't imagine him not making the roster. The guy looks like a steal.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:39 PM   #33
Windmill360
Diamond Member

that was an awesome move by barea
Old 07-06-2007, 08:41 PM   #34
dude1394
Guru

What was that foul? Knee-check him?
Old 07-06-2007, 08:45 PM   #35
dude1394
Guru

It might make sense for Avery to get over his desire for vets a little bit and play some young guys during the season. Take some problems but get a terry, jjb, ager, pops some time out there.

Ager really scares me to be honest, he doesn't look too smart and he's not physically impressive enough to get over it when he's being over-aggressive.

So having him in the 8-man, I just don't know. Reyshawn Terry looks like at 6'8", he can be a real nice defensive guy if he puts his mind to it.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:59 PM   #36
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I see Zeke being more of a Brad MIller type. I don't see a guy as old as he is getting any quicker as time goes by. If he bulks up, he can definitely play center with that wing span (which has the potential to be huge). His defense looks pretty iffy though. Bad timing with blocks too especially because he can't jump very high. Foot work is a another big task.

The pluses are that he looks comfortable being on the court and tries hard. Very polished looking player for sure with tons of talent. Solid looking rebounder too with soft, quick hands and that long wingspan.

Way too early for any real evaluation though. Just glad to see him play finally.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:24 PM   #37
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand why we have Diop on the summer league team to block shots and get offensive rebounds. We already knew he could do that. I'm already tired of seeing him stand around while we feed Brandon Bass in the post.

I've never been high on Barea. It's hard to make it in the league when your that short and it's even harder when you can't shoot and have trouble finishing.

I'm starting to come around on him. His jump shot looks a lot better this year and he's learning how to play the angles and use his body to get his shot off. He looks even better because we don't have another PG on the team. I'd like to look at Sebutus in that role. As I recall, he played some PG for Lithuania's under 22 team.

I still like what I see out of Ager. I can't say enough about his ability to create space to get looks. That's an essential trait for a 2-guard. Of course looks don't mean much of you can't knock them down so he has to make shots. He missed a couple he should have made but by and large I thought he was solid. He displayed his explosiveness on the breakaway dunk over Jeff Green.

Tucker is trying to make a ball club and he's going to shoot the ball every time he touches it.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:02 PM   #38
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

I agree with most about the game.

JJB, awesome
Ager, flashes of greatness and dumbassness
Bass, strong
Tucker, a shooter
Pops, did he play, I missed the first quarter, would like to have seen him dunk on someone

Siebutus, YA!!, we get to see him play. First impression, passionate as hell, into the game and wants to play the right way. Doesn't force things as most Euro's don't. BUT...He looks taller than what he was listed, 6'6. He looks to be 6'7, he looked pretty quick, not totally unathletic. So, I like what I saw, hope he plays more.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:34 PM   #39
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

All games will be available live on NBA.com, so no need to dish out money for NBATV just for this.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:08 PM   #40
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack
All games will be available live on NBA.com, so no need to dish out money for NBATV just for this.
What do you mean? Realtime of on tape?